Go Back   Android Forums > Other Android Devices > Android TV

Like Tree55Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angel Geniatech Enjoy TV

How about a thread to deal with Geniatech Enjoy TV

We can share experience and to do mix with FV-1 product.

Here som links I put together:

Site link: geniatech.com/pa/android-tv.asp
Update firmware: geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/
sku|| and werewolferx like this.

Advertisements
skorianez is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 4th, 2011, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You beat me to it, I was going to open a thread for ATV1000. Just purchased one from AsiaPads.com and will post my experience with it here.
Bugfinder is offline  
Last edited by Bugfinder; September 4th, 2011 at 12:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2011, 04:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Please post it, I bought but I did not receive it yet.
skorianez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 02:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Skorianez, how long are u waiting for it from asiapads?
bonda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 10:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonda View Post
Skorianez, how long are u waiting for it from asiapads?

Hi,
I bought on 08/31/2011, and they post on 09/09/2011, I did not received yet.
skorianez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 04:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 50
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hi, I'm on holidays these days but my brother told me we received the Geniatech from Asia Pads by UPS this morning. He said it's very good and works fine, so maybe will buy another unit for his home. After back home I will try to make a review

This is the model: http://www.zonazerointernational.com/product_info.php?products_id=1964


See u!
spanishguy is offline  
Last edited by spanishguy; May 28th, 2012 at 10:01 AM. Reason: +info
Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 10:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Mine was posted on Sept. 12th from Singapore, will take 10 to 15 days more I guess.
Bugfinder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just got the ATV2000, hooked it up and seems to work wonderfully. There is no operating manual in the box. Has anyone know where I could get the operating manual to navigating the ATV2000. Thanks
blueroom3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 02:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 50
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

ATV1000-2000 Manual from AsiaPads.com attached. Also can be found on their website (just before the video): http://www.asiapads.com/product_info.php?cPath=190&products_id=1964
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Android TV Box user manual 1.3.pdf (2.45 MB, 530 views)
spanishguy is offline  
Last edited by spanishguy; September 15th, 2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: + info
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 06:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
HT1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Asiapads are going to upload new APK's soon according to an email I have received.
Have received new firmware yesterday that has proper Android market will upload if Asiapads doe not come through with their uploads.
The upgraded firmware improves the box in many ways but does not contain any of the original boxes aplications. No big deal as they can be downloaded from the market.
The only one not available is the HDMI switcher for changing resolutions which was handy.
One problem is it includes Flash 10.2 in the firmware which means it cannot be updated to the latest flash. Would prefer that the firmware did not include flash. I found a copy of HDMI switcher APK but installing it worked except it did not make a permanent change so needs to be in the firmware install.
HT1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 15th, 2011, 11:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wich version is the latest firmware for Enjoy TV?
skorianez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2011, 03:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
HT1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Market firmware:-
From Asiapads
Updates are under your resposability:
1. Please download the firmware as 0909 and change name as "update.zip" . Then, Please update the Firmware as before.
http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/update20110909.zip

2. Please download the Android Market as below and change name as "update.zip" Then, Please DO NOT UNZIP THIS FILE. Follow the STEPS as SAME as UPDATE FIRMWARE.
http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/update_market.zip

3. Reboot the deivce, then, You will get the "Android Market" logo APK on Screen.
HT1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 99
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Default

I got the ATV2000 from Asiapads took about 4 weeks from ordering to get it.

Anyway to cut a long story short it's a poor media player with good hardware let down by the software. Oh yes there are no manuals at all so your completely reliant on guesswork.

It is powered by an Amilogic 8726 chipset with a 1GHz Cortex A9 CPU and Mali400 GPU with hardware acceleration for H.264, MPEG2 and VC-1. 1080p WMV samples played fine and H.264 1080p video I have with average bitrate of 40Mbps played fine for the most part so that's it's upper limit.

1) The supplied media player software from Geniatech played most media formats I threw at it but the software only reads USB sources, you must use another supplied app to mount network sources first but it doesn't work at all with my NAS refusing any supplied username/password even when there isn't one.

The remote control isn't really suited either to controlling the media player as your expected to use the virtual mouse to handle play/pause/rewind etc controls via an OSD.

2) Certain features do not work over ethernet like customizing the home screen (hold down left mouse button) in addition certain apps will not work over ethernet either like the Plex app so you must use wireless.

3) The built in HiDTV app did not work at all for me, I will re-test with the updated version available to download from Geniatech's website. Watch out the firmware update to this player will delete the HiDTV application.

4) Google market is only available when installing the firmware update above, it does work fine from there as does other markets like Amazon's app store.

5) Android compatibility is mixed as it is classed as an unknown phone so some apps will not be available, even if you do get them through other means some apps will not run and there is a major lack of any decent DLNA media player apps on the Android market so I've had no luck replacing the shoddy built in media player for network playback.

The Plex app is about the only decent front end available and it does work but in my tests I was getting audio sync problems but that could be down to my crappy wifi network but they were iPhone videos so should have been okay.

If they had actually developed a decent media center front end this could have been a pretty good media player but it's not and probably never will be until the official GoogleTV app store is up and running then someone makes an alternative media center program for Android.

Other odd's and end's;
About the missing HDMI resolution switcher, you can get that back by adding a shortcut on the home screen.
* Hold down the left mouse button on the remote
* Select shortcuts->settings
* then pick the display resolution shortcut

There is an Amilogic HDMI switcher in that apk collection linked above this could also be related.

Avoid QQLauncher after installing it locked up the box which then went into an automated recovery mode thankfully the firmware HT1 linked to was able to repair the damage. The box may already be rooted according to Titanium back up.

The remote is actually pretty decent for typing and browsing the web.

Don't plug in a USB mouse it causes the player to spaz out.

The firmware update change your browser homepage to Hantarex.it some sort of kiosk provider, Geniatech does business with them from the looks of it and it's just another item over looked.

The Eminent DLNA player was one of the few I could get to work and access my NAS and it was able able to play 720p/mkv videos no problem, now correct me if I'm wrong but Android does not natively support mkv and this DLNA app relies on native playback so it must be leveraging the built in Geniatech video player. The bad news is that Eminent was never designed to be used at 720p or higher and the video has overlay issues with the app. Maybe the developer could update his app as it seems the most promising.
next121 is offline  
Last edited by next121; September 17th, 2011 at 03:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to next121 For This Useful Post:
interfreak (September 17th, 2011), niking (October 20th, 2011), stasik (September 18th, 2011)
Old September 17th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Awesome review thanks!
interfreak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 08:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
stasik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 103
 
Device(s): ATV2000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 21 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Hi all. thanks for creating this topic, so we can share and help each other.
i just ordered Geniatech Enjoy TV Plus ATV2000 from asiapads.com, awaiting it. hope its gonna be as expected.
@next121, thanks for the review, i plan to stream video over NAS, hope i get it working
stasik is offline  
Last edited by stasik; January 18th, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 08:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
stasik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 103
 
Device(s): ATV2000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 21 Times in 11 Posts
Default

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just to add a few link to most discussed topics:
* Got my box. How to upgrade from version 2.2 to 2.3? + video
* where can i find older/other firmware versions?
* during upgrade my wireless remote/keyboard is not responding(
* how can i stream video from nas/samba using defalt applications?
* how can i stream video from nas/samba using addition applications?
* i bricked my box. what can i do? + here + here + here and here
* how to upgrade to version 4.0 BETA + firmware 4.0 BETA
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
stasik is offline  
Last edited by stasik; January 21st, 2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: adding sticky
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 99
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Well I would not buy this if planning on streaming from a NAS stasik, I'm in the same neck of the woods as you so expect a long waiting period. Your really better off waiting for GoogleTV when it officially launches in UK/IE or the Tvix XRoid A1.

I only bought this partly of curisoty and the fact that XBMC devs have been experimenting with linux on Amilogic boards so I'm hoping to turn this into an XBMC box one day.

What Geniatech need to do to just turn it into a competent media player is;
1) Create a media center app so it actually has a UI suitable for HDTV's like what Tvix have done for their Android player.
2) The media player that ships with it should at minimum have UPnP/DLNA support and at best have SMB support (yes that's there but is broken as far as I can tell).
3) Include some sort of emulation or hack to trick apps into thinking they are running on wireless when using ethernet.
4) Change the homepage from hantarex to Google.
5) Restore the display resolution control panel.
6) Enable sound control panel so at least you have some basic control.
7) Restore the missing HiDTV app in the firmware.
8) Update to Android 2.3 if it would resolve app market compatibility, some apps supported on 2.2 are missing from market like Plugplayer or ArkMC media player.

That would be a start.
next121 is offline  
Last edited by next121; September 18th, 2011 at 11:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 05:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The link http://demod.dvico.com/down/TViX_Xroid_0.9.57.fwp has the Tvix firmware , if any one can open the this "fwp" we can pull out the apk, may be we can run it on our ATVXXXX.
skorianez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
HT1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by next121 View Post
Well I would not buy this if planning on streaming from a NAS stasik, I'm in the same neck of the woods as you so expect a long waiting period. Your really better off waiting for GoogleTV when it officially launches in UK/IE or the Tvix XRoid A1.

I only bought this partly of curisoty and the fact that XBMC devs have been experimenting with linux on Amilogic boards so I'm hoping to turn this into an XBMC box one day.

What Geniatech need to do to just turn it into a competent media player is;
1) Create a media center app so it actually has a UI suitable for HDTV's like what Tvix have done for their Android player.
2) The media player that ships with it should at minimum have UPnP/DLNA support and at best have SMB support (yes that's there but is broken as far as I can tell).
3) Include some sort of emulation or hack to trick apps into thinking they are running on wireless when using ethernet.
4) Change the homepage from hantarex to Google.
5) Restore the display resolution control panel.
6) Enable sound control panel so at least you have some basic control.
7) Restore the missing HiDTV app in the firmware.
8) Update to Android 2.3 if it would resolve app market compatibility, some apps supported on 2.2 are missing from market like Plugplayer or ArkMC media player.
That would be a start.
I think you are being a bit harsh. I have found the Geniatech support to be very good.
They have been very quick to respond to my queries, linking me to updated firmwares and the latest HIDTV app. They are talking about a new release in 2-3 weeks to fix Catchup tv issues so are obviously still developing the product.
I use E S File explorer and Mobo player to stream movies from my pc and it works adequatley.
HT1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HT1 For This Useful Post:
rameeguestline (November 2nd, 2011)
Old September 19th, 2011, 08:39 AM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 99
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT1 View Post
I think you are being a bit harsh. I have found the Geniatech support to be very good.
They have been very quick to respond to my queries, linking me to updated firmwares and the latest HIDTV app. They are talking about a new release in 2-3 weeks to fix Catchup tv issues so are obviously still developing the product.
I use E S File explorer and Mobo player to stream movies from my pc and it works adequatley.
It's not support that is the problem I'm glad they are fixing things but they also messed up a few things after adding market support. This player doesn't even get some of the basics right, it needed an awful lot more development and polish before releasing to market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorianez View Post
The link http://demod.dvico.com/down/TViX_Xroid_0.9.57.fwp has the Tvix firmware , if any one can open the this "fwp" we can pull out the apk, may be we can run it on our ATVXXXX.
I have been having the same thoughts, I suspect Tvix do too though as they are a well established media player company who have been around a long time so they might have protected their UI from being used on other Android boxes.

Also the Tvix box is using a Sigma Design's chipset which is a MIPS CPU with no GPU running Sigma's custom port of Android, they may have tied it into this particular build of Android.

Their is the Meteorit MMB-322 which is an Arm player with a custom UI, there is a large German thread covering it if anyone can read/speak German and try asking to extract the apk from their player if it exists as an app.

Anyway I'm going to fiddle around with Splashtop and see it works on this the ATV2000 while running XBMC on the laptop.
next121 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 19th, 2011, 05:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
HT1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by next121 View Post
Also the Tvix box is using a Sigma Design's chipset which is a MIPS CPU with no GPU running Sigma's custom port of Android, they may have tied it into this particular build of Android.
I cannot believe that the TVIX does not have flash support. This is a series weakness for the device as most catch up tv etc requires flash.
HT1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 10:05 AM   #22 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quick question for those of you who already have an ATV2000. I'm assuming the antenna on the back is for the TV. If so, is it removable to allow a regular cable tv coax connection?
snocrash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 05:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
HT1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

The dvb-t function is via a usb dongle. Airial at the back for wireless lan.
HT1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 11:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 96
 
Device(s): HTC One X iPad,iPad2 Galaxy Tab 8.9 iTouch Wii Mac Book Pro Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT1 View Post
I cannot believe that the TVIX does not have flash support. This is a series weakness for the device as most catch up tv etc requires flash.
"Flash support" has two meanings. software decoding flash support or hardware accelerated flash decoding. H/W Flash support is very hard to get for the bad Adobe support reason. Need the chipset vendor involed to make it done.
Now only Tegra2 can support H/W flash support on certain 1080p level. Others are not to 1080p, like Samsung, or no support, like Rockchip. Heard that Amlogic is near to H/W 1080p flash ready, and alpha version is released on Geniatech FW.
Dual_HD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 03:28 AM   #25 (permalink)
HT1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Ok I am not sure what you mean but I am no expert. The TVIX uses a sigma chipset which is said to not support flash. Realtek 1185 had no flash support but the 1186 does as used in the new Xtreamer Prodigy. If it was a software limitation then Realtek could program around it but they did not, released revised chipset instead.
My FV-1 has no problem playing flash videos and catch up tv and I understand it is Samsung based but my Geniatech cannot although I know they are working on it.
HT1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 03:47 AM   #26 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Is someone going to post a video review? Would be great to see this device in action.
interfreak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 04:06 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): ATV300, ATV510, ATV1000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 31 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Some old video for ATV1000 from the beginning of the year: (much has changed since then) Android TV - YouTube

In short time Geniatech will releases Android v2.3
szemo77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to szemo77 For This Useful Post:
everst (December 19th, 2011)
Old September 22nd, 2011, 08:44 AM   #28 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 96
 
Device(s): HTC One X iPad,iPad2 Galaxy Tab 8.9 iTouch Wii Mac Book Pro Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT1 View Post
Ok I am not sure what you mean but I am no expert. The TVIX uses a sigma chipset which is said to not support flash. Realtek 1185 had no flash support but the 1186 does as used in the new Xtreamer Prodigy. If it was a software limitation then Realtek could program around it but they did not, released revised chipset instead.
My FV-1 has no problem playing flash videos and catch up tv and I understand it is Samsung based but my Geniatech cannot although I know they are working on it.
Which version of firmware you are using now?
Dual_HD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 04:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
HT1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I have tried lots of their firmwares. The firmwares that have full market access are the worse with no catchup tv support. These have flash 10.2 Froyo built in which cannot be updated changed as I suspect that is the problem.
I have also tried several versions of the standard firmware all of which can access catchup tv but are very jerky as to be unwatchable. I have also changed the browser setting from Ipad to desktop etc. with little to no affect. Geniatech have advised me that they are working on the problem and a new firmware will be released in the next few weeks.
Interestingly they sent me a table of someone elses testing in Australia of different firmwares and settings for catchup tv so as I say they are geniune in trying to fix the problem.
HT1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2011, 04:52 AM   #30 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 96
 
Device(s): HTC One X iPad,iPad2 Galaxy Tab 8.9 iTouch Wii Mac Book Pro Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT1 View Post
I have tried lots of their firmwares. The firmwares that have full market access are the worse with no catchup tv support. These have flash 10.2 Froyo built in which cannot be updated changed as I suspect that is the problem.
I have also tried several versions of the standard firmware all of which can access catchup tv but are very jerky as to be unwatchable. I have also changed the browser setting from Ipad to desktop etc. with little to no affect. Geniatech have advised me that they are working on the problem and a new firmware will be released in the next few weeks.
Interestingly they sent me a table of someone elses testing in Australia of different firmwares and settings for catchup tv so as I say they are geniune in trying to fix the problem.
Which catchup TV website you are testing with?
Dual_HD is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 23rd, 2011, 05:30 AM   #31 (permalink)
HT1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

All australian.
CH7, SBS, ABC Iview, CH10
HT1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2011, 10:12 AM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by next121 View Post
Anyway I'm going to fiddle around with Splashtop and see it works on this the ATV2000 while running XBMC on the laptop.
Well, did you tested it? Was it ok? Did it work?
sstavross is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2011, 11:33 AM   #33 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 99
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by szemo77 View Post
In short time Geniatech will releases Android v2.3
That's great news, hopefully they are working on some improvements to the media player UI too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstavross View Post
Well, did you tested it? Was it ok? Did it work?
Yes I gave it ago but wasn't practical, the spashtop app is suited to touch controls and doesn't work well with the remote, in addition there was very clear colour degradation on screen from compressing the video stream on Splashtops servers end.

I've noticed also that Flash is trying to auto update itself to 10.3 but failing. You could probably manually replace/update it via Titanium backup if anyone is feeling brave enough.

P.S. if anyone from Geniatech is reading this, port Geexbox (linux/XBMC distro that already runs on Arm SoC's) to your box and offer as an option to boot from SDCard or USB flash drive and it would be a very hot commodity.
next121 is offline  
Last edited by next121; September 23rd, 2011 at 11:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 09:58 AM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 178
 
Device(s): ATV1000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 114 Times in 50 Posts
Default problems with geniatech upgrade20110909

I have upgraded my ATV1000 with the new firmware released on 2011 09 09
but I'm having only problems linked (I suppose) to the inbuilt presence of
flash media player 10.2 not upgradeable to newest versions.
Before this upgrade, videos were very fast (with FlashPlayer.v10.3.186.3) so I ask how and where can I find a firmware (older) that gives the possibility to install and upgrade flash media player, (I'm not able to enter in http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/)
Thanks to everyone
gio965 is offline  
Last edited by gio965; September 25th, 2011 at 10:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gio965 For This Useful Post:
failla99 (September 17th, 2012)
Old September 25th, 2011, 10:05 AM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): ATV300, ATV510, ATV1000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 31 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Hmm GeeXboX use BusyBox and Geniatech ATV boxes use Uboot bootloader. So first step is change the bootloader to BusyBox, then we can port ATV.
szemo77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 178
 
Device(s): ATV1000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 114 Times in 50 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by szemo77 View Post
Hmm GeeXboX use BusyBox and Geniatech ATV boxes use Uboot bootloader. So first step is change the bootloader to BusyBox, then we can port ATV.
Thanks szemo77, but if you could explain, step by step, what to do I will understand better
...I'm not expert
gio965 is offline  
Last edited by gio965; September 25th, 2011 at 11:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #37 (permalink)
HT1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio965 View Post
I have upgraded my ATV1000 with the new firmware released on 2011 09 09
but I'm having only problems linked (I suppose) to the inbuilt presence of
flash media player 10.2 not upgradeable to newest versions.
Before this upgrade, videos were very fast (with FlashPlayer.v10.3.186.3) so I ask how and where can I find a firmware (older) that gives the possibility to install and upgrade flash media player, (I'm not able to enter in http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/)
Thanks to everyone
Follow the advice of next121 and use titanium backup. I was able to use this andremove the flash 10.2 and then install flash 10.3. Unfortunatley it made no difference to the catchup tv problem for me.
HT1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 05:19 AM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): ATV300, ATV510, ATV1000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 31 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio965 View Post
Thanks szemo77, but if you could explain, step by step, what to do I will understand better
...I'm not expert
To install the firmware you need the proper bootloader (starting program like Busybox, Uboot, etc. ...) like in open source routers. During the compilation of software you defined platform to operate and the default startup program (our bootloader).

So Uboot (present on ATV1000 box) must have supportet image of GeeXboX firmware. On GeeXboX site i see that the have redy images for BusyBox only.
So i don't want brick my ATV1000. I have only RS232 set for console.

How ATV Box booting? Log from console:
Code:
Firmware started, now starting u-boot...ucl decompress
ready

U-Boot 2010.06-V1.3.2 
DRAM:  xxx MiB
NAND:  Amlogic nand flash uboot driver for m1, Version 1.0 (c) 2010 Amlogic Inc.
NAND device id: xx xx xx xx xx xx
NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0xad, Chip ID: 0xad (Hynix B revision NAND 4GiB H27UBG8T2A)
1 NAND chips detected
nand0 initialized ok
SF: Got idcode c2 20 16
SF: Detected M25X32 with sector size 4096, total 4194304 bytes

SPI NOR Flash have write protect!!!
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
KGDB:  ready
MMC:   SDIO Port A: 0
Net:   select eth clk-1,source=400000000,out=50000000
Apollo EMAC
Dcache status 1
Icache status 1
ENTER U-BOOT SWITCH MODE !!!!
get_adc_sample(4): 0x3ff
get_adc_sample(4): 0x3ff
get_adc_sample(4): 0x3ff
get_key(): 0
Normal Start...
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
Booting from nand ...

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x800000, size 0x400000
 4194304 bytes read: OK
Wrong Image Format for bootm command
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
SF: Got idcode c2 20 16
SF: Detected M25X32 with sector size 4096, total 4194304 bytes

SPI NOR Flash have write protect!!!
4096 KiB M25X32 at 0:2 is now current device
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 82000000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.34
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (lzma compressed)
   Data Size:    1713388 Bytes = 1.6 MiB
   Load Address: 80008000
   Entry Point:  80008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
Using machid 0xb8d from environment

Starting kernel ...

[    0.000000] Linux version 2.6.34 (steven@ubtsvr) (gcc version 4.4.1 (Sourcery G++ Lite 2010q1-202) ) V1.2.3 20110510.151351
[    0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [411fc091] revision 1 (ARMv7), cr=10c53c7f
[    0.000000] CPU: VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT nonaliasing in
szemo77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 07:41 AM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 178
 
Device(s): ATV1000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 114 Times in 50 Posts
Default

All ok!! I have resolved installing a previous firmware released on 2011 08 04.
This firmwware hasn't flash player inside, so I haven't had problem to install
the newest version of flash player (v.10.3.186.7).
I suggest everyone to install this release and test (for me it's ok) and then,
for a 1080p HDMI output, I suggest also, to install Hdmiswitch.

The link for this firmware is: http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/20110804.zip
(Unzipping file, you'll find two zipped file; the first, update.zip, is for firmware upgrade)
Instead Flash player and Hdmiswitch can be find in:[link removed by moderator]

Thank you szemo77 and HT1 for your advices
gio965 is offline  
Last edited by alostpacket; April 18th, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2011, 09:24 AM   #40 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 99
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Default

It looks like Geniatech have blocked access to their website directory I cant see their downloads anymore or it just me ?
next121 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 28th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 178
 
Device(s): ATV1000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 114 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by next121 View Post
It looks like Geniatech have blocked access to their website directory I cant see their downloads anymore or it just me ?
It's the same for me, too. At this time we can't enter (I hope only temporarly),
but if we know exact filename.zip then we can download from it.
More or less a week ago I could enter and I downloaded various files (not all files),
and among these, fortunately, also 20110804.zip file.
A little trick could be, if they mantain the same format in filename.zip, that of changing, progressively,
the date (yyyymmdd) and try...try... more times (updateyyyymmdd.zip, yyyymmdd.zip for firmware upgrade).
gio965 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #42 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default geniatech atv 2000

hi,

i want to buy this product, i want some clarifications

1. it's play 1080p movies smoothly formats like mkv
2. play you tube hd smoothly
3. play online iptv smoothly.

guys my english very bad,

please reply i don't have knowledge in these players, please reply after ur answers, i put my order in asiapads.

thanks
arun5555 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 178
 
Device(s): ATV1000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 114 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun5555 View Post
hi,

i want to buy this product, i want some clarifications

1. it's play 1080p movies smoothly formats like mkv
2. play you tube hd smoothly
3. play online iptv smoothly.

guys my english very bad,

please reply i don't have knowledge in these players, please reply after ur answers, i put my order in asiapads.

thanks
Hi arun5555, I have an ATV1000 (basic version of ATV2000) and quietly
I watch 1080p MKV on external usb hardisk (using inbuilt videoplayer),
I play youtube Hd videos and, as regard iptv, I use an application
called TVUplayer, not in full version, that permits to watch hundreds iptv channels
with interruption every two minutes (after subscription you should have vision without break),
generally with a low, not hd, video resolution, (using other applications, surely, it will be possible
watching channels with a higher video resolution).
For playing hd videos from youtube and, generally speaking, for more correct internet browsing, is important
changing web browser setting from: desktop (default) to: android.
Obviously flash player and hdmiswitch must be installed, if not, you have to install them.
I don't know other android tv devices, but I'm very enthusiast of this one.
UPIcoBanni likes this.
gio965 is offline  
Last edited by gio965; September 30th, 2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: +info
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gio965 For This Useful Post:
UPIcoBanni (January 3rd, 2013)
Old October 2nd, 2011, 06:15 AM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 178
 
Device(s): ATV1000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 114 Times in 50 Posts
Default

@arun5555
In the meantime, I have found other applications for iptv and live video streaming, that are:
SpbTV, Tv Flash, Justin.tv, Ustream, StreamMediaPlayer and VPlayer.

-SpbTv v.2.1 and TvFlash v0.9.96.2 are similar to TVUplayer (but without time restrictions or subscription)
and they make us to watch many iptv channels (not in hd resolution)
-Justin.tvPlayer v2.02 and Ustream v1.9.1 are applications that give the possibility to watch live cam
and live transmissions from around the world
-StreamMediaPlayer v3.2.3 and VPlayer v0.9.9 are media players with which is possible to play iptv and audio/video streams, inserting in URL search, a correct ip address (http, rtsp).
I think that if you buy it, you will remain satisfied.
gio965 is offline  
Last edited by gio965; October 2nd, 2011 at 06:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 12:18 PM   #45 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 96
 
Device(s): HTC One X iPad,iPad2 Galaxy Tab 8.9 iTouch Wii Mac Book Pro Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default munduTV is another one

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio965 View Post
@arun5555
In the meantime, I have found other applications for iptv and live video streaming, that are:
SpbTV, Tv Flash, Justin.tv, Ustream, StreamMediaPlayer and VPlayer.

-SpbTv v.2.1 and TvFlash v0.9.96.2 are similar to TVUplayer (but without time restrictions or subscription)
and they make us to watch many iptv channels (not in hd resolution)
-Justin.tvPlayer v2.02 and Ustream v1.9.1 are applications that give the possibility to watch live cam
and live transmissions from around the world
-StreamMediaPlayer v3.2.3 and VPlayer v0.9.9 are media players with which is possible to play iptv and audio/video streams, inserting in URL search, a correct ip address (http, rtsp).
I think that if you buy it, you will remain satisfied.
Comes from India, undertesting.
Dual_HD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:24 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 178
 
Device(s): ATV1000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 114 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual_HD View Post
Comes from India, undertesting.
I haven't already tested this application, but surely it should be interesting.
gio965 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): ATV300, ATV510, ATV1000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 31 Times in 20 Posts
Talking

If someone has a problem with market, or you do not see some applications use this is update: http://www.4shared.com/file/-mAdC0q9/update.html

Procedure is the same as a regular update from SD card. Copy file to SD root, then from Setup-> Private take an update.

Its a Market 1.82 package for Android 2.2 Amlogic AML8726-M platform. Tested sucessfull at ATV1000.

:/ Adobe Flash 11 update crash, because its released for support Android 3.x
I use now Flash v10.2.157.51 - no problem with use in apps.

Newer versions require update 1.82 first.

Next stable Market 2.2.1: (works perfect like 1.82)
http://www.mediafire.com/?4d3azj5eukegd4e

And new unstable Market 3.0.26: (not for use ;[ for me, search is broken)
http://www.mediafire.com/?o93dd82zsvtmulq

Other apps with automatic update form market was no problem.
hehe i can say Flawless victory like in Mortal Combat.
szemo77 is offline  
Last edited by szemo77; October 6th, 2011 at 06:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to szemo77 For This Useful Post:
gio965 (October 7th, 2011)
Old October 7th, 2011, 05:25 AM   #48 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi all, I hope that you will accept me in this thread, I have a neoniQ Android intelligent TV Box which is made by Geniatech and they have confirmed with me that it is the ATV1000 released for Australia.
I have a problem that I would appreciate help with, I am trying to Update the Firmware. Geniatech have given me a link for the download, and that I should download it to my PC, then copy to an SD Card then rename the download to update.zip.

I should then disconnect the Power supply to the Box insert the SD Card, then press and keep the reset button pressed whilst connecting the power supply again to the box. This I have done numerous times, it scolls through the sequence and then the screen stops with the following error message :
Finding Update Package
Opening Update package
Verifying Update package
Failed to open / sdcard / update.zip (No such file or directory)
E: Signature verification failed
Finding update package
E: can't mount / dev / block / sda1 (or / dev / block / sda
(no such device)
E: can't mount UDISK : update.zip
system update aborted
UPGRADING FAILED

If anyone can help, I would be very gratefull, the lady at support at Geniatech is very good, but has not come up with the answer yet, so I am hoping that someone with an ATV1000 has the solution. many thanks.


aussietaff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2011, 07:11 AM   #49 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 99
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussietaff View Post
Hi all, I hope that you will accept me in this thread, I have a neoniQ Android intelligent TV Box which is made by Geniatech and they have confirmed with me that it is the ATV1000 released for Australia.
I have a problem that I would appreciate help with, I am trying to Update the Firmware. Geniatech have given me a link for the download, and that I should download it to my PC, then copy to an SD Card then rename the download to update.zip.

I should then disconnect the Power supply to the Box insert the SD Card, then press and keep the reset button pressed whilst connecting the power supply again to the box. This I have done numerous times, it scolls through the sequence and then the screen stops with the following error message :
Finding Update Package
Opening Update package
Verifying Update package
Failed to open / sdcard / update.zip (No such file or directory)
E: Signature verification failed
Finding update package
E: can't mount / dev / block / sda1 (or / dev / block / sda
(no such device)
E: can't mount UDISK : update.zip
system update aborted
UPGRADING FAILED

If anyone can help, I would be very gratefull, the lady at support at Geniatech is very good, but has not come up with the answer yet, so I am hoping that someone with an ATV1000 has the solution. many thanks.


You don't need to do the power/reset button thing simply turning it on and having an SDCard with update.zip on it will cause it to flash the firmware.

Re-format your SDCard as FAT32 and copy the zip file over to it then try again or try downloading the firmwares updates that were posted on the first page of this thread and flashing those instead.

Post the link as well for what Geinatech gave for the firmware update as you cant download anything direct from their site anymore.
next121 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2011, 12:25 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 178
 
Device(s): ATV1000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 114 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussietaff View Post
Hi all, I hope that you will accept me in this thread, I have a neoniQ Android intelligent TV Box which is made by Geniatech and they have confirmed with me that it is the ATV1000 released for Australia.
I have a problem that I would appreciate help with, I am trying to Update the Firmware. Geniatech have given me a link for the download, and that I should download it to my PC, then copy to an SD Card then rename the download to update.zip.

I should then disconnect the Power supply to the Box insert the SD Card, then press and keep the reset button pressed whilst connecting the power supply again to the box. This I have done numerous times, it scolls through the sequence and then the screen stops with the following error message :
Finding Update Package
Opening Update package
Verifying Update package
Failed to open / sdcard / update.zip (No such file or directory)
E: Signature verification failed
Finding update package
E: can't mount / dev / block / sda1 (or / dev / block / sda
(no such device)
E: can't mount UDISK : update.zip
system update aborted
UPGRADING FAILED

If anyone can help, I would be very gratefull, the lady at support at Geniatech is very good, but has not come up with the answer yet, so I am hoping that someone with an ATV1000 has the solution. many thanks.


If your device is an ATV1000 100%, then update20110909.zip and update20110804.zip (that you find inside this thread) must be installed easily, otherwise, this means that (probably) you need an australian version of the firmware.
Before your upgrade, I suggest to note your actual firmware release (and, if possible, download it), because, even if you do factory reset you will not return to the original firmware but to the last installed.
In this way, if you have not particular problems with your actual firmware, you can always return to it.
gio965 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Other Android Devices > Android TV
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://androidforums.com/android-tv/408166-geniatech-enjoy-tv.html
Posted By For Type Date
Kiedy Android 4.0 ICS Ice-Cream-Sandwich na MT7001/MT7002 ? This thread Refback January 5th, 2012 09:56 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.