Go Back   Android Forums > Other Android Devices > Android TV

Like Tree94Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 9th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #951 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochin007 View Post
i tried installing fv-1 using firmware of Hama and now the wifi and lan doesnt work. Not sure which firmware i can install .. Pls hlp
Explain, which device you have, which firmware you tried to install.....

Advertisements
__________________
If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 9th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #952 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinCC View Post
Any hope for C03REF users to get an updated version with BT soon ?
Now I can answer this question properly.... Yes, there is hope... I'm running test version of new fw for c03ref right now. Needs more testing and it will be released very soon
dzsozy, janolarson and adventclad like this.
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to stane1983 For This Useful Post:
csfrussa (August 9th, 2012), dzsozy (August 10th, 2012), eraldoluis (August 9th, 2012), grindinonyourm (August 9th, 2012), janolarson (August 9th, 2012), MartinCC (August 10th, 2012), matinaki (August 11th, 2012), miuna (August 10th, 2012), ruqqq (August 10th, 2012), trustno12003 (August 10th, 2012)
Old August 10th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #953 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default ATV-108 firmware release 2012-08-10 beta1

!!! For c03ref users only !!!

Changelog:
- lot of bugfixes, kernel optimizations
- IR remote fix
- 1080 working, except for MoviePlayer, video plays fine, OSD controls not positioned right (and subtitles)
- sdcard issue is still open
- Bluetooth
- New languages: Slovenian and Turkish
- new gapps
- YouTube 4.0.8 included in fw
- Flash included in fw
- AC3/EAC3/DTS support
- ....

In deal with Visson, I unbranded fw as I could not to compromise my code and my comercial project, so this one comes without VP logos etc...

Still in beta until I fix 1080 in MoviePlayer.

Note: When attach bluetooth dongle, might need rebooting device, at least it's the case with mine Canyon dongle (broadcom chipset)

Request: Need feedback on this one, I posted f16ref firmware, have almost 550 downloads and 2 or 3 posts regarding firmware...

Download page: V-Play download section

Regards,
Stane1983
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to stane1983 For This Useful Post:
adventclad (August 10th, 2012), andro516 (August 15th, 2012), bird1967 (August 20th, 2012), eraldoluis (August 10th, 2012), garciaw (August 12th, 2012), janolarson (August 10th, 2012), majkool (August 11th, 2012), migues (August 11th, 2012), socoolrohan (August 12th, 2012)
Old August 10th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #954 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Downloading it right now.
I will post my results tonight.
Thanks a lot !!!
eddor1614 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #955 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

i tried hama fw which didnt work and atlast vendor send me some firware with 8188 chipset which worked.. Have 2 more boxes different type. will post fotos. Not sure abt the model
cochin007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #956 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
!!! For c03ref users only !!!

Changelog:
- lot of bugfixes, kernel optimizations
- IR remote fix
- 1080 working, except for MoviePlayer, video plays fine, OSD controls not positioned right (and subtitles)
- sdcard issue is still open
- Bluetooth
- New languages: Slovenian and Turkish
- new gapps
- YouTube 4.0.8 included in fw
- Flash included in fw
- AC3/EAC3/DTS support
- ....

In deal with Visson, I unbranded fw as I could not to compromise my code and my comercial project, so this one comes without VP logos etc...

Still in beta until I fix 1080 in MoviePlayer.

Note: When attach bluetooth dongle, might need rebooting device, at least it's the case with mine Canyon dongle (broadcom chipset)

Request: Need feedback on this one, I posted f16ref firmware, have almost 550 downloads and 2 or 3 posts regarding firmware...

Regards,
Stane1983
Thanks for this update !
I just tested it, and I noticed the following things:
- In 1080p (I didn't test other resolutions), the screen is sometimes flickering (a black screen of about 1 second) (it's quite rare).
- The Movie Player bar is not at the good position/size when playing in 1080p
- I have 2 bluetooth dongles, only one works (the other one can be activated but my phone don't see it and vice versa).

I also have a remark/question :
BSPlayer can play movie in "software" and "hardware (bsplayer)" mode with subtitles and multiples audio tracks with 1080p HD videos, but it lags. When I put the rendering engine to "hardware (system)", it does not lag anymore but I can't choose subtitles or change audio track.
Does it come from BSPlayer or the system ? If this comes from the system, is this correctable ? (I need BSPlayer to play movies from a FTP (via FX File explorer))

EDIT: Oh, and when I'm playing a movie with Movie Player, I can't see the cursor of my wireless mouse (I could in the previous version)
adventclad is offline  
Last edited by adventclad; August 10th, 2012 at 06:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #957 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventclad View Post
Thanks for this update !
I just tested it, and I noticed the following things:
- In 1080p (I didn't test other resolutions), the screen is sometimes flickering (a black screen of about 1 second) (it's quite rare).
Did not experience flickering issue, will investigate it.

Quote:
- The Movie Player bar is not at the good position/size when playing in 1080p
As I said this is beta version and there are issues on 1080 resolution in MoviePlayer.

Quote:
- I have 2 bluetooth dongles, only one works (the other one can be activated but my phone don't see it and vice versa).
Which dongle does not work, which chhipset?

Quote:
I also have a remark/question :
BSPlayer can play movie in "software" and "hardware (bsplayer)" mode with subtitles and multiples audio tracks with 1080p HD videos, but it lags. When I put the rendering engine to "hardware (system)", it does not lag anymore but I can't choose subtitles or change audio track.
Does it come from BSPlayer or the system ? If this comes from the system, is this correctable ? (I need BSPlayer to play movies from a FTP (via FX File explorer))
About BSPlayer I don't know how it communicates with system decoder, lags are to be expected if using software or hardware (bsplayer) decoder because their decoder is not optimized for amlogic platform.

Quote:
EDIT: Oh, and when I'm playing a movie with Movie Player, I can't see the cursor of my wireless mouse (I could in the previous version)
As I said, MoviePlayer have issues in 1080 resolution (yes, I forgot to mention cursor not visible.... switch to 720p, you will not have problems). Please read changelog next time
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #958 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Ok... my firsts results for C03REF:

1) My chinese bluetooth works. It may have some delays on audio, but works. Need more testing.

2) My aTV is a chinese device so not sure what to expect, but remote configuration is all mess up.

3) USB Webcam (Logitech C270 works fine and usb mic works with google search.

4) BT earphone with mic works, but only earphone... MIC doesn't seems to work.

Still much to test, but looks nice already ! Thanks a lot Stane and hope this helps.
MartinCC is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MartinCC For This Useful Post:
eraldoluis (August 10th, 2012)
Old August 10th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #959 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Feedback: ATV-108 firmware release 2012-08-10 beta1

Hi Stane, just made I quick evaluation of last firmware for c03ref.

What it is working:
YouTube
Ethernet

What it is not working:
Wifi. Same problem that I always had. I cannot connect. I can see my network eventually, but I cannot connect.
Netflix. It opens but shows only a gray screen. Do not get FC. Only show nothing.

Another issue is that when I turn wifi on, my mouse stop working. I have to reset. I can even remove and replug the dongle that it does not work. Unfortunatelly, I have no idea which mouse it is. It came in the ATV-108 pack bought from asia pads.

I couldn't test flash neither 1080p config.

This ROM is smother than the previous one. I like it. I don't have much time now, but I hope to send you some logcat of Netflix and Wifi/mouse in the next weeks. Is that possible?
eraldoluis is offline  
Last edited by eraldoluis; August 10th, 2012 at 07:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #960 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
!!! For c03ref users only !!!

Changelog:
- lot of bugfixes, kernel optimizations
- IR remote fix
- 1080 working, except for MoviePlayer, video plays fine, OSD controls not positioned right (and subtitles)
- sdcard issue is still open
- Bluetooth
- New languages: Slovenian and Turkish
- new gapps
- YouTube 4.0.8 included in fw
- Flash included in fw
- AC3/EAC3/DTS support
- ....

In deal with Visson, I unbranded fw as I could not to compromise my code and my comercial project, so this one comes without VP logos etc...

Still in beta until I fix 1080 in MoviePlayer.

Note: When attach bluetooth dongle, might need rebooting device, at least it's the case with mine Canyon dongle (broadcom chipset)

Request: Need feedback on this one, I posted f16ref firmware, have almost 550 downloads and 2 or 3 posts regarding firmware...

Download page: V-Play download section

Regards,
Stane1983

ok.
First install did not work, as usual.
I got the error "Failed to write mac".
After editing "factory_update_param.aml" I was able to installit.
I did a few tests:
- 1080i/p don't work. I'm using an HDMI/DVI adapter to my monitor (1920x1080).
- bluetooth worked but only if I boot with the dongle connected (Broadcom 0a5c:2110).
- web cam makes the box crash indefinitely (Genius Look 312p)
- internal mic don't work, or at least it's not recording anything, I can't use text recognizer. I believe it only worked with ICS.MBX.20120225.
Everything works smoother so far. I still need to test USB Disk, Movie and Youtube player.

Thank you for you incredible work.
eddor1614 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eddor1614 For This Useful Post:
eraldoluis (August 10th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old August 10th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #961 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

20120807_Android_ICS-ATV-108-f16ref

keyboard stop responding after few minutes if you stop using it for a wile
Free Shipping+Retail Box,2.4G IR Rii Mini i6 Wireless Keyboard QWERTY 27 LEDs Backlight Touchpad 2 in 1 Universal Remote Control-in Keyboards from Computer & Networking on **********.com
, youtube buffers alot on wifi (may be its my connection )!!?? ,
some times i see flickering on the image (movie) 1080p not all ways ,

thnx
algadeed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #962 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi Stane,

Thanks for the C03ref firmware.
- IR remote works after replacing remote.conf
- DVB-T (Geniatech T119) doesn't work with HiDTV and DroidTV : Cannot dongle
- Wireless keyboard, Rii mini i8 and another chinese unknown brand, stop working after a few minutes.
cjctan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #963 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjctan View Post
Hi Stane,

Thanks for the C03ref firmware.
- IR remote works after replacing remote.conf
- DVB-T (Geniatech T119) doesn't work with HiDTV and DroidTV : Cannot dongle
- Wireless keyboard, Rii mini i8 and another chinese unknown brand, stop working after a few minutes.
Hi,

seems there is some bug with aml sources... Same thing happens on M3 devices (same source code, just different kernel and configuration). Have to investigate this...

About Geniatech, can you do me a favor? Please install Android terminal, insert Geniatech DVB-T in usb slot, wait a minute and in terminal type dmesg>/sdcard/dvbt_geniatech.txt. Since I don't have that DVB-T stick it will help me to see how kernel reacts (dmesg displays kernel log, but with > we are outputing it to file) when you insert your stick in box. Basically it will create dvbt_geniatech.txt file on your sdcard. After that, please upload it somewhere and send me a link to it...

Regards
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #964 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddor1614 View Post
ok.
First install did not work, as usual.
I got the error "Failed to write mac".
After editing "factory_update_param.aml" I was able to installit.
I did a few tests:
Failed to write mac error is normal, you don't have to edit .aml file because of this error. System just says that there mac address is already written and cannot be overwritten.
Quote:
- 1080i/p don't work. I'm using an HDMI/DVI adapter to my monitor (1920x1080).
Not working at all??
Quote:
- bluetooth worked but only if I boot with the dongle connected (Broadcom 0a5c:2110).
As I said, same happens with mine Canyon (same chipset)
Quote:
- web cam makes the box crash indefinitely (Genius Look 312p)
I don't have that cam, will try to get one and investigate it further.
Quote:
- internal mic don't work, or at least it's not recording anything, I can't use text recognizer. I believe it only worked with ICS.MBX.20120225.
Everything works smoother so far. I still need to test USB Disk, Movie and Youtube player.
Don't really know what's the problem with mic, I didn't test it because mine is damaged (don't ask ), will consult with Vissons engineer on that one, I believe some kernel changes needed...
Thank you for you incredible work.
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 09:25 PM   #965 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark4299 View Post
About this box, could i make the box load a streaming video before all options appear?

Have any way to make this work?
It's possible to do that, but I don't know if there is any kind of app for that... I suppose it should be written
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #966 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Installed the c03ref fw on my HD-18 Android TV Box and it runs very smooth on this device.
Tried with generic BT dongle and it works fine.
Had no issues using wired and wireless mouses by now.
I can not test the audio input right now, but the webcam video is working flawlessly.

The only bad thing is that my remote controller does not works. I forgot save the remote.conf file before flashing .

Anyway, i am very happy with your firmware. You rock Stane!
The beers are on the way!!
janolarson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #967 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Tried the firmware. USB audio out not working and when the USB audio dongle is plugged in, the system keep receiving the letter 'm' input.
ruqqq is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #968 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
Hi,

seems there is some bug with aml sources... Same thing happens on M3 devices (same source code, just different kernel and configuration). Have to investigate this...

About Geniatech, can you do me a favor? Please install Android terminal, insert Geniatech DVB-T in usb slot, wait a minute and in terminal type dmesg>/sdcard/dvbt_geniatech.txt. Since I don't have that DVB-T stick it will help me to see how kernel reacts (dmesg displays kernel log, but with > we are outputing it to file) when you insert your stick in box. Basically it will create dvbt_geniatech.txt file on your sdcard. After that, please upload it somewhere and send me a link to it...

Regards
Hi Stane,

New finding regarding the DVB-T dongle.
Got a SU permission prompt for DroidTV after I updated the SuperUser app.
After which both DroidTV and HiDTV can run but both will freeze while doing channel scanning.

I have uploaded the kernel log for your reference
dvbt_geniatech.txt

I have also sent u a token of appreciation ("beer") for your hard work
cjctan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #969 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

c03ref:

- USB Audio Out not working, it somehow act as an input and send the 'm' key repeatedly without stop (didn't test mic)
- Wifi Working
- Bluetooth Working
- Remote working with proper remote.conf (Here: #************************************************* ****************************** - Pastebin.com)
- Google Play Music Crash* (Logcat: D/BluetoothEventLoop( 176): Property Changed: Running : false D/BluetoothEvent - Pastebin.com)
- AV Out works (Only tested audio)

* Can you fix this? I need it to stream music.

Great work btw! I'll report more issues as they come in. Thanks for your hardwork!
ruqqq is offline  
Last edited by ruqqq; August 11th, 2012 at 01:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 05:30 AM   #970 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
Which dongle does not work, which chhipset?
It's a chinese dongle, I'm unable to get useful infos on it ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
As I said this is beta version and there are issues on 1080 resolution in MoviePlayer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
As I said, MoviePlayer have issues in 1080 resolution (yes, I forgot to mention cursor not visible.... switch to 720p, you will not have problems). Please read changelog next time
I've was totally aware of that . It was just in case the problem was a bit different
adventclad is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 11th, 2012, 05:36 AM   #971 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I also forgot to mention that I have an azerty (french) usb keyboard, but the system recognize it as a qwerty one.
Is it possible to add a functionnality to choose the keyboard layout ?
adventclad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 06:08 AM   #972 (permalink)
New Member
 
Evangion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Need help. Anybody?

- I currently have an Android TV Box that was identified as a F16REF board via the device check APK.

- Downloaded the 20120807_Android_ICS-ATV-108-f16ref firmware from the V-Play site and flashed it the first time round using the UPGRADE application within ICS.

- The device went into the V-Play splash boot screen but never booted up for 30-40mins.

- Loaded the firmware on a 2GB SD card and re-flashed via recovery. Black screen.

- Loaded a 2GB SD card with SDTOOL in WinXp and fired it up with the reset function on the box. The flash completed successfully but I still get a black boot screen.

- Tried rolling back to the 20120625_Android_ICS-ATV-108-f16ref firmware with the same results.

- I've also edited the factory_update_param.aml file to include --wipe_data & --wipe_cache and re-flashed it but to no avail either. The TV box still boots to a black screen.

- Recovery screen works with my wireless keyboard and hence I was able to do a WIPE DATA and WIPE CACHE but to no avail either.

I'm at my wits end. What else am I missing out?
Evangion is offline  
Last edited by Evangion; August 11th, 2012 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Grammar check.
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 07:12 AM   #973 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangion View Post
Need help. Anybody?

- I currently have an Android TV Box that was identified as a F16REF board via the device check APK.

- Downloaded the 20120807_Android_ICS-ATV-108-f16ref firmware from the V-Play site and flashed it the first time round using the UPGRADE application within ICS.

- The device went into the V-Play splash boot screen but never booted up for 30-40mins.

- Loaded the firmware on a 2GB SD card and re-flashed via recovery. Black screen.

- Loaded a 2GB SD card with SDTOOL in WinXp and fired it up with the reset function on the box. The flash completed successfully but I still get a black boot screen.

- Tried rolling back to the 20120625_Android_ICS-ATV-108-f16ref firmware with the same results.

- I've also edited the factory_update_param.aml file to include --wipe_data & --wipe_cache and re-flashed it but to no avail either. The TV box still boots to a black screen.

- Recovery screen works with my wireless keyboard and hence I was able to do a WIPE DATA and WIPE CACHE but to no avail either.

I'm at my wits end. What else am I missing out?
Can you take pic of pcb? Maybe you don't have same hardware as we have?

Don't use upgrade app - put fw on sd card and try install it (with reset button procedure)
LeftyVz is offline  
Last edited by LeftyVz; August 11th, 2012 at 07:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LeftyVz For This Useful Post:
Evangion (August 11th, 2012)
Old August 11th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #974 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Poland
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Evangion

I have similar problem, so I think you need to burn proper bootloader into SPI chip but for that You need TTL adapter and some programator (don't know which one).

Wait for stane1983, maybe he has other firmware solution for you.
majkool is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to majkool For This Useful Post:
Evangion (August 11th, 2012)
Old August 11th, 2012, 07:34 AM   #975 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by majkool View Post
Evangion

I have similar problem, so I think you need to burn proper bootloader into SPI chip but for that You need TTL adapter and some programator (don't know which one).

Wait for stane1983, maybe he has other firmware solution for you.
You don't need TTL or any other programator to burn bootloader into SPI.

On Visson's c03ref recovery SD card standard procedure will burn bootloader into SPI chip..

On Visson's f16ref there is little different procedure:
If you're sure it's Visson's box you can try following (DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)
- unplug box from power source and open box
- make recovery SD card for f16ref and insert SD in box
- locate SPI chip (it's on core pcb - you have images in one of previous posts from Stane)
- prepare paperclip or something - short circuit pin 5 and 6 on SPI (pin5 is on opposite side of pin1 >> if pin1 is up-left => pin5 is up-right)
- press and hold reset button and plug device to power source
- wait to boot - and immediately after device boot - remove paperclip (or whatever you used to short circuit pin 5 and pin 6 on SPI chip)

Good luck

ONCE AGAIN: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK - I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DAMAGE YOUR BOX !!
LeftyVz is offline  
Last edited by LeftyVz; August 11th, 2012 at 07:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 07:37 AM   #976 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Poland
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

LeftyVz

But maybe he don't have Visson device but some other with f16ref
majkool is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #977 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by majkool View Post
LeftyVz

But maybe he don't have Visson device but some other with f16ref
Then he maybe have different hardware in box, and fw from V-Play is primarily for Visson devices...

Anyway, we have info from Visson that given procedure for f16ref should work that way... I did not try it yet, and as I know Stane also did not try it yet

Probably this procedure might work on other devices, but it's risky because you need to short circuit wires... so I cannot tell for other devices how it should work
LeftyVz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #978 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

@stane1983:

- 1080p don't work at all, I got a black screen for 15-20 seconds and then back to 720. sometimes I got flashes of a dialog asking something, but I'm sure this is also in 720p.
- regarding "factory_update_param.aml", if I don't edit it, the firmware install stops, and I have no option but to poweroff and on again, and of course the new firmware is not installed.

I'll try an USB Mic and post results.
Thanks
eddor1614 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #979 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventclad View Post
I also forgot to mention that I have an azerty (french) usb keyboard, but the system recognize it as a qwerty one.
Is it possible to add a functionnality to choose the keyboard layout ?
I will solve this problem, probably within settings. All physical keyboards are recognized as querty US layout keyboards. I'm aware that I have to solve this, just didn't get to it...
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stane1983 For This Useful Post:
adventclad (August 11th, 2012)
Old August 11th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #980 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi Stane, tks for c03ref fw!!

I made a quickly evaluate and i have some bugs:
- Wifi cannot connect after replace remote.conf but if i edit this file, wifi works fine.
- Browser crashs one time and needs reboot device.
- Auto update Date & Hour works fine during a moment, now, still in year 1970 and cannot update.
- In 1080P, i cannot see mouse cursor too, this bug is not only 720p
for me.

Tks...
csfrussa is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 11th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #981 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi,

In Antutu, result is 2054.

Regards.
csfrussa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #982 (permalink)
New Member
 
Evangion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyVz View Post
Can you take pic of pcb? Maybe you don't have same hardware as we have?

Don't use upgrade app - put fw on sd card and try install it (with reset button procedure)
I bought the box off DX at Google Android 4.0 HDMI TV Box w/ 4GB / WiFi / RJ45 / AV-Out / SD / MMC / USB / Remote Control - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I can't attach pictures to my forum posts yet. They're at: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7125/7763150280_9c309f34ae_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8443/7763149826_20ecf0154f_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8308/7763149346_6723ee9e82_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8305/7763148894_4c47d573f8_b.jpg

I already ran the FW upgrade on a SD with the reset button procedure. No luck
Evangion is offline  
Last edited by Evangion; August 11th, 2012 at 10:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #983 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Evangion, that is exactly the same error I got every time I install any FW other than ICS.MBX.20120225
With the latest firmware I also removed last line on factory_update_param.aml:

--set_efuse_ethernet_mac=/sdcard/ethmac.efuse

Not sure if this is needed, but on my box it's the only way of succeed.
Regards.
eddor1614 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eddor1614 For This Useful Post:
Evangion (August 12th, 2012)
Old August 12th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #984 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csfrussa View Post
Hi,

In Antutu, result is 2054.

Regards.
Same here with me on first start. Second run of antutu (without reboot) got me 2138... didn't test it further. something strange about antutu
csfrussa likes this.
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #985 (permalink)
New Member
 
Evangion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddor1614 View Post
Evangion, that is exactly the same error I got every time I install any FW other than ICS.MBX.20120225
With the latest firmware I also removed last line on factory_update_param.aml:

--set_efuse_ethernet_mac=/sdcard/ethmac.efuse

Not sure if this is needed, but on my box it's the only way of succeed.
Regards.
Thanks for the link and quick tip! I'm gonna download it now and see it it recovers my Android TV Box. Just a quick question, where did you manage to find that firmware from?
Evangion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #986 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangion View Post
Thanks for the link and quick tip! I'm gonna download it now and see it it recovers my Android TV Box. Just a quick question, where did you manage to find that firmware from?
I suppose he got it from Visson ATV-108 FAQ and info which is sticky on top of Google TV subforum on androidforums

Mentioned firmware is fist official firmware for ATV-108 c03ref (m1 board) and does have wifi issues. ICS.MBX.20120423 is last one official firmware for c03ref board, only with wifi fix, rest of firmware is the same...

Edit: There is no more support from Visson for ATV-108 c03ref, ICS.MBX.20120423 is the last one they released...
stane1983 is offline  
Last edited by stane1983; August 12th, 2012 at 11:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #987 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks stane for this wonderful firmware, I am really enjoying this now. I just need to confirm a thing, ie does this firmware support ps3 controller (via sixaxis controller app) as it does shows that it is connected (as client 1) but doesn't respond to any button. pressed). So anybody using the same can confirm me that it is only me or anyone else also faced the same.
socoolrohan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #988 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Nepal
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to mlalnp Send a message via Skype™ to mlalnp mlalnp@gmail.com
Default

@stane1983
Hi, I have an android tv box, which the devicechecker.apk reported as f16ref version. But may be itis not from Visson. After I upgraded to your latest FW from v-play-download, I now get a blank screen.

I opened the case and soldered a serial cable on-board. Now, on hyperterminal (on PC) I can see the device booting but exits to u-boot prompt saying "not valid kernel image for bootm".

I have a similar other unit in working condition.

Is it possible to get a NAND dump from working unit which I can use to recover my defective one? And HOW?

Thanks for your help.
mlalnp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 05:14 AM   #989 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hi Stane,
I am enjoying the new firmware of c03ref. Thanks.
The only thing bugging me is the Realtek 8188CUS based wireless module I soldered is not enabled at all with the new beta FW. I can't turn on the wireless module via setup.
It is my understanding that 8188CUS can be driven by the same driver of 8192CS. So I thought this 8188CUS should work, at least it worked with older rev. FW.
Shall I just replace it with 8192CS based one?
Thanks.
chou1229 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 05:22 AM   #990 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hi Stane,
I am enjoying the new firmware of c03ref. Thanks.
The only thing bugging me is the Realtek 8188CUS based wireless module I soldered is not enabled at all with the new beta FW. I can't turn on the wireless module via setup.
It is my understanding that 8188CUS can be driven by the same driver of 8192CS. So I thought this 8188CUS should work, at least it worked with older rev. FW.
Shall I just replace it with 8192CS based one?
Thanks.
chou1229 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 13th, 2012, 07:51 AM   #991 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 45
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Stane 1983 is great!
fix my ATV108
---
Thanks to Polish
--------------------------
wlodeka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #992 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlodeka View Post
Stane 1983 is great!
fix my ATV108
---
Thanks to Polish
--------------------------
You received it already?
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #993 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 45
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
You received it already?
if I had not received, I would not write that you're great.
so there, it works, it is OK!
Thank you and best regards

wlodeka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #994 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Hi, does anyone know if there is anyway to recover my remote configuration ? Latest firmware messed up my buttons, it works, but they are not on the right position.

Thanks,
MartinCC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #995 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

New XBMC update from Pivos
Official Pivos XBMC Linux port (Beta Release 081312)

Edit: This is an actual img update so they have embedded it natively into their Linux firmware. I think the board is a c03ref but don't quote me on that.
theslydog is offline  
Last edited by theslydog; August 14th, 2012 at 04:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:53 AM   #996 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinCC View Post
Hi, does anyone know if there is anyway to recover my remote configuration ? Latest firmware messed up my buttons, it works, but they are not on the right position.

Thanks,
Hi, I don't actually have IR remote that comes with original c03ref device, I only do have remote for f16ref device, but obviously they are not the same... Will contact Vissons engineer and we will solve this issue....

Regads
MartinCC likes this.
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #997 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Greece
Gender: Male
Posts: 54
 
Device(s): ATV-108. c03ref board CS968 RK3188T MTK WiFi chip
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default streaming video reproduction

Hi guys
I tested many firmwares on my ATV-108 c03ref but to all of them I had problems on web TV video reproduction.
Window with video is not loading.
Only original firmware was a bit better but not perfect.
Has anybody experienced such problems and found solution may be or even able to propose me a better firmware for my case?
Thanks
matinaki is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #998 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Does anyone know what do we need to use MS Joystick with this firmware ? I mean, is there any other apk that we need to install ? Because I think the driver is included, right ?

Thanks.
MartinCC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #999 (permalink)
New Member
 
Evangion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlalnp View Post
@stane1983
Hi, I have an android tv box, which the devicechecker.apk reported as f16ref version. But may be itis not from Visson. After I upgraded to your latest FW from v-play-download, I now get a blank screen.

I opened the case and soldered a serial cable on-board. Now, on hyperterminal (on PC) I can see the device booting but exits to u-boot prompt saying "not valid kernel image for bootm".

I have a similar other unit in working condition.

Is it possible to get a NAND dump from working unit which I can use to recover my defective one? And HOW?

Thanks for your help.
Same issue that I had with my F16REF. Returned it and swapped for another unit.

Flashing the C03REF firmware that eddor1614 recommended and the one that Stane1983 mentioned also did nothing. Good luck with yours.
Evangion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #1000 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hello everyone, how are you?
I have a problem and install all the V-Play download section page and does not work any firmware, I only walk where the Provider mine sent me from China, I sincerely want to put the version 4.0 or 2.3 because otherwise I have the substitle of movies I appear with symbols of Chinese characters.

I have installed version is this:


MODEL: MBX DVBT REFERENCE BOARD (C03REF)

KERNEL: 2.6.31 LINUX UBUNTU 4.10

BUIL NUMBER: GB.MBX.20111229

they think of a solution to my problem, sorry for my English, I'm from Argentina.

thank you very much
damicomix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Other Android Devices > Android TV
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://androidforums.com/android-tv/530964-android-2-3-4-0-wifi-internet-hd-1080p-hdmi-google-tv-box-arm-cortex-a9-firmware.html
Posted By For Type Date
moServices • View topic - Android 4.0.3 beta This thread Refback June 3rd, 2012 12:42 AM
- (( ANDROID TV BOX)) !!! - 9 - ADSLGATE This thread Refback May 28th, 2012 03:32 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.