Go Back   Android Forums > Other Android Devices > Android TV

Like Tree94Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 23rd, 2012, 04:22 AM   #1201 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 76
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Bookmarked so I don't lose the thread

Advertisements
dgcruzing is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 23rd, 2012, 10:28 AM   #1202 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Hi, does anyone knows if it's possible to set an specific resolution with this ROM ? Stane ? I need to setup for a project using HDMI it's native 1024x768 resolution for better displaying.... any ideas ?
MartinCC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 11:20 AM   #1203 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinCC View Post
Hi, does anyone knows if it's possible to set an specific resolution with this ROM ? Stane ? I need to setup for a project using HDMI it's native 1024x768 resolution for better displaying.... any ideas ?
Hi,

No, not possible at the moment. Only 480, 576, 720 and 1080 resolutions natively supported for now. I'm pretty busy right now so I'm unable to implement custom resolutions right now. It includes both kernel and android modifications and I don't have time and need for such a customization at the moment. V.play (device) is hitting Croatian market these days...
__________________
If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 04:14 PM   #1204 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hi stane1983,
can you tell me that the firmware 20120621_Android_ICS-ATV-108-c03ref of the Android 2.3 & 4.0 WiFi Internet HD 1080P HDMI Google TV Box ARM Cortex A9 supports usb to rj 45 adapter for android?
sspy is offline  
Last edited by sspy; October 23rd, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #1205 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspy View Post
hi stane1983,
can you tell me that the firmware 20120621_Android_ICS-ATV-108-c03ref of the Android 2.3 & 4.0 WiFi Internet HD 1080P HDMI Google TV Box ARM Cortex A9 supports usb to rj 45 adapter for android?
Hi,

currently, none of USB ethernet adaptersare supported, only amlogic built-in ethernet driver. This is what can be supported by current kernel 2.6.34 from amlogic:
Code:
USB CATC NetMate based ethernet device
USB KLSI KL5USB101 based ethernet device
USB Pegasus/Pegasus2 based ethernet device
USB RTL8150 based ethernet device
Regards
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:49 AM   #1206 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 76
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Stane

Are we able to flash this on our genitech M1 boxes?

Thanks in advance..
dgcruzing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #1207 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgcruzing View Post
Stane

Are we able to flash this on our genitech M1 boxes?

Thanks in advance..
Sorry man,

I really don't know much about geniatech devices, their hw configs, parts, memory.... so I can't tell, maybe yes and maybe no
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #1208 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 36
 
Device(s): ASUS EEE PAD TF102 R-BOX RK 2918 Android TV HTC EVO 3D Zenithink V1 ZT180 7 Inch White Pandigita
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Duane how's the progress on 4.1?
laziod is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #1209 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laziod View Post
Duane how's the progress on 4.1?
Still no bootable build (sort of, kernel is not crashing anymore, but android itself doesn't boot )

4.1 will be for M3 based devices (and MX), M1.... sorry, if I manage to get time to do it...

c03ref will receive update today with patches, bugfixes and few new features.
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #1210 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi
I would like to thank stane1983 for his efforts
I bought this one :
Google Android 4.0 Amlogic Cortex A9 WiFi HD 1080P HDMI Internet TV Box 4GB

from :

Buy Google Android 4.0 Amlogic Cortex A9 WiFi HD 1080P HDMI Internet TV Box 4GB for Wholesale - Free Shipping
















It is V2 (f16ref)

I tried to upgrade it and I have a lot of different problems with each different firmware :

20120905_Android_ICS-ATV-108-f16ref-test.zip
firmware_f16ref_20120807_Android_ICS-ATV-108-f16ref.zip
every thing is OK but there is 3 problems :

  • If the WiFi signal is less than 100% the wireless keyboard and mouse stop working and cannot us WiFi ( I tried this in a room with 100% WiFi signal (router in it) and it is working very good, but in another room WiFi signal is less the problem started )
  • If you get the device in standby mode it will not work again unless you get out the power cord and put it again, and there is no way to shutdown the device.
  • The Ethernet not working at all



20120625_Android_ICS-ATV-108-f16ref.zip :
  • The WiFi is working great, but the external HDD stop working after a few minutes of NOT using.
  • One of he lights is continue blinking.
  • There is no way to shutdown or standby the device, just pull the power cable.
  • There is no youtube.
  • After stop using the device for long time (hours) it stop working by itself
so I use the new one because of HDD problem and I hope you can help me
If you can put the old drivers of WiFi in the new firmware, may be this solve the problem


or I will be in need to buy a new WiFi rang extender in the same room with the device, and this is expansive solution.


Sorry for my weak English


Thank YOU again
bhappy is offline  
Last edited by bhappy; October 29th, 2012 at 01:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 28th, 2012, 03:23 AM   #1211 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaledzx View Post
Hello everybody
Actually I have small problem.
my wireless mouse work will when i starting the device (TV BOX) but after a few minutes the mouse freezing and dose not working.
I have to disconnect the mouse and connect the wireless and after that the mouse will work agin a few minutes.
I have 2 another mouse all of theme have a same problem.

my board is f16ref

Do you have any solution?
If you don`t have solution please how i can return to the factory firmware?
Another thing the website dos`t work right now.
I have the same problem. My device is Visson board f16ref. firmware_f16ref_20120807_Android_ICS-ATV-108-f16ref.zip. what is most slable firmware for that device? the wireless mouse problem is the biggest problem. other functions work well. sorry for my bad english.
Maksobot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 05:00 AM   #1212 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

post-oops double
Xlnt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 05:01 AM   #1213 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just wanted to inform of my experience about flashing firmware in my box. I am a total newbe on android.
Took me alot of time to figure out what was what. I wanted to flash my firmware coz I had problem with apps that needed the box to be rooted. After alot of reasearch i came across this thread. So I went on to download sdtools and firmware from this page http://downloads.v-play.com.hr/
The SD card can be written with XPmode on win7, but you will need an external cardreader since xpmode cant handle internal readers in laptops. Once the the sdcard has been written with sdtools and the correct binfile i closed down xpmode and copied the files from firmware package onto the sdcard.
sdtools - Makes a hidden partition with the booting system(bin-file) for the tv box to start its bootup. if anything wrong with the hidden partition and/or the bin file used, the box just gives you the total black screen and does nothing. Then you should try another firmware and bin file. I tried all the files from this page http://downloads.v-play.com.hr/ and all gave black screen on my box. Then started to try others and finally I came across the firmware on this site and that worked for me, it is ICS 4.0.4 http://lctrading.hk/download/GV-13/GV-13%20%20M3-0802_11349.rar
Reset button is inside audio jack. Hold it in while inserting powerjack to start boot prosess into maintenance mode. If screeen remains black while you try to boot, there is something wrong with SDcard, most likely wrong binfile used.
My only problem now is that this firmware is not rooted so I am back to square one again. Anyone knows how to root this firmware?
Here are some pictures of my box GV-13



Thanks

Xlnt
Xlnt is offline  
Last edited by Xlnt; October 28th, 2012 at 05:28 AM. Reason: added pictures
Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #1214 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlnt View Post

Thanks

Xlnt
I have same TV-Box

1) the link for download SD card Tools won't open for me

2) youtube app won't run

3 ) is the Chinese language removed from the new firmware ?

4 ) the video playback is vary laggy from HDD
i have tried some different player like mobo player mx player and it didnt help.
babonji is offline  
Last edited by babonji; October 28th, 2012 at 07:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #1215 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 36
 
Device(s): ASUS EEE PAD TF102 R-BOX RK 2918 Android TV HTC EVO 3D Zenithink V1 ZT180 7 Inch White Pandigita
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
Still no bootable build (sort of, kernel is not crashing anymore, but android itself doesn't boot )

4.1 will be for M3 based devices (and MX), M1.... sorry, if I manage to get time to do it...

c03ref will receive update today with patches, bugfixes and few new features.
What happened to the update yesterday?
laziod is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #1216 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

mm... I'm a little confused now... 4.1 will be for M3 and MX.... I have a c03ref one but not sure what is it !!!? :SAnyway, thanks Stane and pleaseee, if possible... 1024x768, I beg you !!! If I can help someway to get it, let me know...
MartinCC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #1217 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi,
@MartinCC
c03ref is 8726M1 (~750 Mhz)
f16ref is 8726M3 (~ 1Ghz, newer Core)

Digital
digitalarts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #1218 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinCC View Post
mm... I'm a little confused now... 4.1 will be for M3 and MX.... I have a c03ref one but not sure what is it !!!? :SAnyway, thanks Stane and pleaseee, if possible... 1024x768, I beg you !!! If I can help someway to get it, let me know...
Hi,

As digitalarts said, c03ref is AML8726M(1) platform (single core, up to 800 MHz), f16ref is AML8726M3 (single core, up to 1 GHz). AML8726MX is Amlogic's dual-core platform (up to 1.5 GHz).

M1 and M3 platforms are not intended to receive JellyBean (as my Amlogic contact told me). I will port JB to M3 platform, but I'm not so sure about M1.

I'm very busy at the moment..... about firmware I said I'll publish 2 days ago, turns out I have some bugs, but couldn't spend any more time with that because my other duties. Will release when I get time to solve issues.

Regards
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #1219 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 36
 
Device(s): ASUS EEE PAD TF102 R-BOX RK 2918 Android TV HTC EVO 3D Zenithink V1 ZT180 7 Inch White Pandigita
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks for the update.
laziod is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #1220 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi all,

I just bought an Android Box ATV-108 from dx.com/p/atv-108-android-4-0-ddr3-1gb-1080p-tv-box-w-wi-fi-sd-hdmi-white-150967 (same as bhappy decribed before), here are the specifications:

Model Number: MBX 2.0 board
Android: 4.0.4
Kernel: 3.08
Build: ICS.MBX.20120920

At this time WiFi is not working well, sometimes get on and others not. Could I use one of Stane1983's FW? Also, I would like to use this box with XBMC, I tried some nightly builds and XBMC for Android with poor results, any body have luck?

thanks in advanced
were55 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 30th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #1221 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Thanks Stane for your answer. Does anyone know where I can get me one of those MX dual core babies ?? I think they could be much better than my M1 right ? My problem is I need it to be send to Argentina, so not sure if DX doesn't have it where I can get it.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks !
MartinCC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #1222 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by were55 View Post
Hi all,

I just bought an Android Box ATV-108 from dx.com/p/atv-108-android-4-0-ddr3-1gb-1080p-tv-box-w-wi-fi-sd-hdmi-white-150967 (same as bhappy decribed before), here are the specifications:

Model Number: MBX 2.0 board
Android: 4.0.4
Kernel: 3.08
Build: ICS.MBX.20120920

At this time WiFi is not working well, sometimes get on and others not. Could I use one of Stane1983's FW? Also, I would like to use this box with XBMC, I tried some nightly builds and XBMC for Android with poor results, any body have luck?

thanks in advanced
Hi,

no public firmwares for 1gb Visson's device from me. RAM clocking is different, so is bootloader... means it will not work or will not work properly.

First Visson devices have wifi problems (Visson included their notice about wifi and how to deal with the problem, don't know if your seller put that away)... If you do cold boot of device (eg it was out of power...), when you plug the power in, second or two after that, plug it off and then back in. Wifi will work fine then.

Basically it doesn't have anything with wifi module but USB hub on PCB. Problem was discovered too late. New supplies from Visson starting next month will not have that problem.

Issue cannot be fixed by software (Visson's engineer and I tried to do that, to reset USB hub various ways, but eventually it cannot be solved on software basis, device needs to be unplugged and then plugged back in the power).

More details:
When box looses all electricity (basically when device is unplugged for some time), when you plug it in the power for the first time, USB hub chip which is built in box will not recognize wifi module (which is connected to USB hub).
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #1223 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinCC View Post
Thanks Stane for your answer. Does anyone know where I can get me one of those MX dual core babies ?? I think they could be much better than my M1 right ? My problem is I need it to be send to Argentina, so not sure if DX doesn't have it where I can get it.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks !
Just info, Visson will start mass production of their MX devices next month (November).

Their MX device will be packed in their standard case as ATV-102/ATV-108 and in new 'space' design case which looks cool (I don't know if I'm allowed to post picture so I'm not going to )
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #1224 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
Hi,

no public firmwares for 1gb Visson's device from me. RAM clocking is different, so is bootloader... means it will not work or will not work properly.

First Visson devices have wifi problems (Visson included their notice about wifi and how to deal with the problem, don't know if your seller put that away)... If you do cold boot of device (eg it was out of power...), when you plug the power in, second or two after that, plug it off and then back in. Wifi will work fine then.

Basically it doesn't have anything with wifi module but USB hub on PCB. Problem was discovered too late. New supplies from Visson starting next month will not have that problem.

Issue cannot be fixed by software (Visson's engineer and I tried to do that, to reset USB hub various ways, but eventually it cannot be solved on software basis, device needs to be unplugged and then plugged back in the power).

More details:
When box looses all electricity (basically when device is unplugged for some time), when you plug it in the power for the first time, USB hub chip which is built in box will not recognize wifi module (which is connected to USB hub).
Stane1983,

Thanks a lot for the info, I'll try it. Right now I want to use XBMC with this box, I have tested many versions (nightly, midnight, futeko) and all crashes after few minutes....I wondering if I can upgrade the firmware to stable version or find another XBMC version, could you suggest me?

thanks in advanced
were55 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #1225 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
Just info, Visson will start mass production of their MX devices next month (November).

Their MX device will be packed in their standard case as ATV-102/ATV-108 and in new 'space' design case which looks cool (I don't know if I'm allowed to post picture so I'm not going to )

VS-ATV-106

bluetooth speaker|shenzhen visson technology|card speaker|cheap|good quality|portable speaker

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 469f7422-fc77-4c10-8255-63c4793fa43f.jpg (32.1 KB, 252 views)
gamajunior is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 04:36 AM   #1226 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 76
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by were55 View Post
Stane1983,

Thanks a lot for the info, I'll try it. Right now I want to use XBMC with this box, I have tested many versions (nightly, midnight, futeko) and all crashes after few minutes....I wondering if I can upgrade the firmware to stable version or find another XBMC version, could you suggest me?

thanks in advanced
Were55,
Head to the dedicated XBMCANDROID forum that's been setup up.. I am sure you will be able to find one from the source.. As they are getting better by the day..
dgcruzing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 08:39 AM   #1227 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi.

This is a AML8726-M6 model... looks trekie
naismith is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 10:03 AM   #1228 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Wowww... VS-ATV-106 looks very nice and powerfull ! Any ideas of prices yet ? And where to get one with Argentina delivery ?

Thanks !
MartinCC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 12:17 AM   #1229 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
Just info, Visson will start mass production of their MX devices next month (November).

Their MX device will be packed in their standard case as ATV-102/ATV-108 and in new 'space' design case which looks cool (I don't know if I'm allowed to post picture so I'm not going to )
Hi Stane,

What is the difference between ATV-102 and ATV-108? I found a FW for test ATV-102 in V-play...are you testing it?

regards
were55 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 05:35 AM   #1230 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi

Two new models are upcomming

ATV 102S in november (classic design with dual core)
ATV 106 in december (space design)

You can see more info here
Vissontech nos presenta su gama de TV-BOX hasta final de año. | AndroidPC
Only spanish sorry
naismith is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 1st, 2012, 07:08 AM   #1231 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by were55 View Post
Hi Stane,

What is the difference between ATV-102 and ATV-108? I found a FW for test ATV-102 in V-play...are you testing it?

regards
Hi,

ATV-102 is renamed ATV-108 (rev 2). There are also 2 versions of ATV-102. One with 512Mb DDR3 and another one with 1Gb DDR3. Firmwares on my download section are not prepared for 1Gb device (firmwares do have minor changes in bootloader, kernel and android core system).
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stane1983 For This Useful Post:
were55 (November 1st, 2012)
Old November 1st, 2012, 09:56 AM   #1232 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hello stane1983

Do you have an estimate of when a new firmware comes out for the VS ATV-102? I ask because I'm using the latest firmware and failure in wi-fi and external keyboard this limited use.

Again thank you for the excellent work you have been doing.

----------------------------------

Olá stane1983

Você tem uma previsão de quando sai uma nova firmware para o VS ATV-102? pergunto pois estou usando a última firmware e a falha no wi-fi e no teclado externo esta limitando o uso.

Mais uma vez agradeço pelo excelente trabalho que você vem realizando.
gamajunior is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 11:22 AM   #1233 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Energy Sistem Smart TV Box

Hello everybody

I have a question for you guys... Do you think I can safely try to flash my box with you latest c03ref version?

I bought an Energy Sistem Smart TV Box
h*ttp://www.energysistem.com/en-en/products/centro_multimedia/serie_media_center/38313-energy_android_smart_tv_box/specs
report:
h*ttp://androidfragmentation.com/database/v/dr/592149/oem/MBX/dm/Android%20Smart%20TV%20Box/carrier/Unknown

It looks very similar to the c03ref box you guys are "playing" with.

Couple of specs:
cat /proc/mtd
dev: size erasesize name
mtd0: 00800000 00200000 "aml_logo"
mtd1: 00800000 00200000 "recovery"
mtd2: 00800000 00200000 "boot"
mtd3: 18000000 00200000 "system"
mtd4: 04000000 00200000 "cache"
mtd5: 80000000 00200000 "userdata"
mtd6: 62000000 00200000 "NFTL_Part" <- now this is weird
mtd7: 00002000 00001000 "ubootenv"
mtd8: 00400000 00001000 "ubootwhole"

cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)
BogoMIPS : 1466.36
Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x1
CPU part : 0xc09
CPU revision : 1

Hardware : AMLOGIC MESON-M1 8726M
Revision : 0020
Serial : 000000000000000b

uname -a
Linux version 2.6.34 (liuese@ThinkCenter) (gcc version 4.4.1 (Sourcery G++ Lite 2010q1-202) ) #80 PREEMPT Mon Sep 10 15:03:40 CST 2012

My main concern is that in the latest firmware update available from the constructor, there is no such thing as u-boot-aml-ucl.bin/ethmac.efuse/uImage_recovery, I just have a factory_update_param.aml & an update.zip file, nothing else.
So I wonder if I should only try to flash with the update.zip & factory_update_param.aml. What do you think?

I saw as well that the recovery/recovery-from-boot.p from the 4.0.3 constructor's firmware (h*ttp://storage.energysistem.com/archivos/drivers_y_actualizaciones/cjmcgogljdff_FW_Android_4.0.3_10-09-2012_rev01.rar) is different from the one available in your latest update. Is this bad?

Please let me know what you think, I already rooted my box, but I'm not sure I should go ahead with this update if my bootlader is at risk

Many thanks in advance for your help

b0b0
b0b0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 12:56 PM   #1234 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0b0 View Post
Hello everybody

I have a question for you guys... Do you think I can safely try to flash my box with you latest c03ref version?

I bought an Energy Sistem Smart TV Box
h*ttp://www.energysistem.com/en-en/products/centro_multimedia/serie_media_center/38313-energy_android_smart_tv_box/specs
report:
h*ttp://androidfragmentation.com/database/v/dr/592149/oem/MBX/dm/Android%20Smart%20TV%20Box/carrier/Unknown

It looks very similar to the c03ref box you guys are "playing" with.

Couple of specs:
cat /proc/mtd
dev: size erasesize name
mtd0: 00800000 00200000 "aml_logo"
mtd1: 00800000 00200000 "recovery"
mtd2: 00800000 00200000 "boot"
mtd3: 18000000 00200000 "system"
mtd4: 04000000 00200000 "cache"
mtd5: 80000000 00200000 "userdata"
mtd6: 62000000 00200000 "NFTL_Part" <- now this is weird
mtd7: 00002000 00001000 "ubootenv"
mtd8: 00400000 00001000 "ubootwhole"

cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)
BogoMIPS : 1466.36
Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x1
CPU part : 0xc09
CPU revision : 1

Hardware : AMLOGIC MESON-M1 8726M
Revision : 0020
Serial : 000000000000000b

uname -a
Linux version 2.6.34 (liuese@ThinkCenter) (gcc version 4.4.1 (Sourcery G++ Lite 2010q1-202) ) #80 PREEMPT Mon Sep 10 15:03:40 CST 2012

My main concern is that in the latest firmware update available from the constructor, there is no such thing as u-boot-aml-ucl.bin/ethmac.efuse/uImage_recovery, I just have a factory_update_param.aml & an update.zip file, nothing else.
So I wonder if I should only try to flash with the update.zip & factory_update_param.aml. What do you think?

I saw as well that the recovery/recovery-from-boot.p from the 4.0.3 constructor's firmware (h*ttp://storage.energysistem.com/archivos/drivers_y_actualizaciones/cjmcgogljdff_FW_Android_4.0.3_10-09-2012_rev01.rar) is different from the one available in your latest update. Is this bad?

Please let me know what you think, I already rooted my box, but I'm not sure I should go ahead with this update if my bootlader is at risk

Many thanks in advance for your help

b0b0
From V-Play download section download DeviceChecker apk and see what you will get.

NFTL_Part is nand partition formatted as fat32 (usually) and mounted as media partition or internal nand storage or...

If you decide to try my firmware (only if DeviceChecker reports c03ref), replace my u-boot-aml-ucl.bin with original one.

EDIT: Also you probably should edit updater-script to remove date checks and resign update.zip. More info on that you can find in this thread.
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 01:12 PM   #1235 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hi Stane, thanks for your answer.

I already tried your "DeviceChecker" and it reports c03ref.
Now, about replacing your u-boot-aml-ucl.bin with original one is where the problem is... I don't find it anywhere.
Any idea on that one?
I understand perfectly the updater-script edition to replace the check and recompile the update.zip...

About "NFTL_Part is nand partition formatted as fat32 (usually) and mounted as media partition or internal nand storage or...":
Is this a bad thing that I do have this, compare with your model that doesn't? Will your update whipe this out and break my box or will I be fine without it? (sorry for all these questions, I've been through the WHOLE thread and couldn't find anything related to this)... I'm really desperate to try other firmwares on my box, but looking at the partitions that don't match other firmwares, I'm a bit reluctant...

Thanks a lot for your thoughts on that one, as Energy sistem release another firmware update today, and so far, no news of cifs, which i want A LOT...

b0b0
b0b0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 01:39 PM   #1236 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0b0 View Post
Hi Stane, thanks for your answer.

I already tried your "DeviceChecker" and it reports c03ref.
Now, about replacing your u-boot-aml-ucl.bin with original one is where the problem is... I don't find it anywhere.
Any idea on that one?
I understand perfectly the updater-script edition to replace the check and recompile the update.zip...

About "NFTL_Part is nand partition formatted as fat32 (usually) and mounted as media partition or internal nand storage or...":
Is this a bad thing that I do have this, compare with your model that doesn't? Will your update whipe this out and break my box or will I be fine without it? (sorry for all these questions, I've been through the WHOLE thread and couldn't find anything related to this)... I'm really desperate to try other firmwares on my box, but looking at the partitions that don't match other firmwares, I'm a bit reluctant...

Thanks a lot for your thoughts on that one, as Energy sistem release another firmware update today, and so far, no news of cifs, which i want A LOT...

b0b0
Hi,

you can extract uboot from installed firmware first by reading ubootwhole partition and then extracting bootloader part with some hex editor.

Example of extracting bootloader:
in your cat /proc/mtd you can see that ubootwhole is on mtd8, so
install Terminal on your box, type su (you said you rooted your device) and give su permission to Terminal app.

now:

dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd8 of=/sdcard/uboot.bin

this will copy content of your SPI chip to uboot.bin on your sdcard. Upload it somewhere and I'll see what I can do about extracting bootloader from it.

About media partition, my fw doesn't use media partition so it will be erased and overwritten with new partitioning my fw uses (it's possible you'll have to install fw twice).
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stane1983 For This Useful Post:
b0b0 (November 1st, 2012)
Old November 1st, 2012, 01:52 PM   #1237 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Wicked!
Here's the uboot.bin, thanks a lot for looking into it, it's really nice of you.
Download uboot.bin from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

One question about media partition: do you think that if I ever want to go back to original firmware it's gonna bring me problems?

I think cifs.ko is included in your firmware, since I read it somewhere, but could you confirm it before us going ahead with all this?

Thanks again in advance,

b0b0
b0b0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 01:57 PM   #1238 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I too own a energy sistem. Stane's firmware works perfectly in it. Sin Problemas.

The real deal for me is to get dd/dts passthrough for a real HD multimedia system. Other android platforms like xios have this ability. Stane, have you plans in this way?

thank you
Andolini is offline  
Last edited by Andolini; November 1st, 2012 at 02:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andolini For This Useful Post:
b0b0 (November 1st, 2012)
Old November 1st, 2012, 02:03 PM   #1239 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

@Andolini: thanks a lot for the confirmation...
Where do you get the uboot file u-boot-aml-ucl.bin to start with?
Did you just flash it straight away without modifying anything?
b0b0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 02:28 PM   #1240 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0b0 View Post
@Andolini: thanks a lot for the confirmation...
Where do you get the uboot file u-boot-aml-ucl.bin to start with?
Did you just flash it straight away without modifying anything?
The only change was replacing the remote file with the one who comes into our original firm, because the remote from visson has different codes. Then just flash with a usb (edit param file and change "sdcard" with "udisk").
Andolini is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andolini For This Useful Post:
b0b0 (November 1st, 2012)
sponsored links
Old November 1st, 2012, 02:33 PM   #1241 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks a lot, it's very reassuring...
I already have my hands on that remote file...
from what Stane is saying, you need to replace the uboot file to keep the bootloader intact... is your recovery still working OK? (I think if you keep the power button pressed 3 seconds you should access the recovery... at least it works this way for the moment).
b0b0 is offline  
Last edited by b0b0; November 1st, 2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 02:43 PM   #1242 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

No problem in recovery. Yo can flash visson firm and then energy firm without problems. You almost can flash gb firm. No need to replace uboot ( i think exact partition table on both)
Andolini is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 03:52 PM   #1243 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

ok then I'll give it a try....
done and...
if I update the factory_update_param.aml file to say:
--update_package=/udisk/update.zip
--update_patch=/udisk/market_patch.zip
and go through the applications/update app, and reboot to update the box, here ¡s what comes up:
a big android logo with loading bar comes up and then
E:Bad bootloader arguments
"(null)"
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: !less_than_int(1330175833) ...

ok... so I decided to update the updater-script to put a proper timestamp that would allow me to run the update...

The next update went "well", no error, but I have now been waiting in front of the Android glowing logo for 10 minutes after the reboot... (and I'm scared...)
I'll wait a bit more and see what I'll do then...
If anyone knows what's happening, please let me know...

b0b0
b0b0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 04:06 PM   #1244 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0b0 View Post
Thanks a lot, it's very reassuring...
I already have my hands on that remote file...
from what Stane is saying, you need to replace the uboot file to keep the bootloader intact... is your recovery still working OK? (I think if you keep the power button pressed 3 seconds you should access the recovery... at least it works this way for the moment).
Hi,

seems you found an answer to your question

Anyway, I extracted bootoader (indeed, it seems to be the same as Vissons) and uImage_recovery from binary file you sent me.

You guys can store zip for just in case. Download from here:
Download bootloader_recovery.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Regards
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stane1983 For This Useful Post:
b0b0 (November 1st, 2012)
Old November 1st, 2012, 04:08 PM   #1245 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0b0 View Post
ok then I'll give it a try....
done and...
if I update the factory_update_param.aml file to say:
--update_package=/udisk/update.zip
--update_patch=/udisk/market_patch.zip
and go through the applications/update app, and reboot to update the box, here ¡s what comes up:
a big android logo with loading bar comes up and then
E:Bad bootloader arguments
"(null)"
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: !less_than_int(1330175833) ...

ok... so I decided to update the updater-script to put a proper timestamp that would allow me to run the update...

The next update went "well", no error, but I have now been waiting in front of the Android glowing logo for 10 minutes after the reboot... (and I'm scared...)
I'll wait a bit more and see what I'll do then...
If anyone knows what's happening, please let me know...

b0b0
As I said earlier, you might need to install firmware twice....

UPDATE: And make sure you use my uImage_recovery
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stane1983 For This Useful Post:
b0b0 (November 1st, 2012)
Old November 1st, 2012, 04:17 PM   #1246 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks so much Stane,

I'm RE-flashing the box just now... and I've downloaded the bootloader_recovery.zip you just uploaded.

When you say "make sure you use my uImage_recovery", you mean the one in your firmware or the one you just sent me?

Rebooting box... I just had the flat green android logo and now a black screen (haven't seen the android glowing logo for the moment...).
b0b0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 04:57 PM   #1247 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0b0 View Post
Thanks so much Stane,

I'm RE-flashing the box just now... and I've downloaded the bootloader_recovery.zip you just uploaded.

When you say "make sure you use my uImage_recovery", you mean the one in your firmware or the one you just sent me?

Rebooting box... I just had the flat green android logo and now a black screen (haven't seen the android glowing logo for the moment...).
Hi,

"My uImage_recovery" means uImage_reovery from my firmware There is also part which is responsible for system partitioning, and partitioning for my fw is not the same as for yours.
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stane1983 For This Useful Post:
b0b0 (November 1st, 2012)
Old November 1st, 2012, 05:04 PM   #1248 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

lol fair enough, thanks for the warning!

DAMMIT !!!! IT'S WORKING !!!!
YIHAAAA ... man I'm so glad!! Thanks so much !!
It seems that I tried to update everytime with usb stick, and I should have done it via the sdcard slot from the start !!...

Ok, now let's play !!! I'll get back to update you guys... thanks again for the help !! I'm loving it !!
Merci !!!
b0b0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 06:27 PM   #1249 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Looks like I was too happy too fast
Anyway... no worries, I'm glad to have been able to flash my box with this firmware...
For now,
-I don't have adb access to the box (no idea why)...
-I don't have root neither,
-wifi is not working,(stuck while trying to activate)
-and the TV app is missing...I tried to take it out of the official firmware but no luck...

Once I manage to move forward with these then I'll be a bit happier

*and of course, most keys of the remote like Web, App, Settings etc do not work... (I took the remote.conf file out of the official firmware)

Thanks again A LOT for all your help, I'm quite happy to search more about it...

b0b0
b0b0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:58 AM   #1250 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default cannot un pack voit.img

Hi Stane1983,
i have an energy sistem Android tv box.
i miss some feature and would like to modify the original rom.
but i'm unable to unpack boot.img. I tried extractboot and unpack-bootimg.pl unsuccessfully :

$ ./extractboot boot.img

Android Magic not found in ./boot.img. Giving up.

gzip: ../../boot.img-ramdisk.gz: No such file or directory

cpio: fin prématurée de l'archive


$ ./unpack-bootimg.pl boot.img

*Subroutine Cwd::cwd redefined at /usr/lib/perl5/5.14/i686-cygwin-threads-64int/Cwd.pm line 407.

Subroutine Cwd::fastcwd redefined at /usr/lib/perl5/5.14/i686-cygwin-threads-64int/Cwd.pm line 819.

Name "DynaLoader::CARP_NOT" used only once: possible typo at /usr/lib/perl5/5.14/Carp.pm line 345.

Name "Cwd::CARP_NOT" used only once: possible typo at /usr/lib/perl5/5.14/Carp.pm line 345.

Name "File::Path::CARP_NOT" used only once: possible typo at /usr/lib/perl5/5.14/Carp.pm line 345.

Name "Exporter::CARP_NOT" used only once: possible typo at /usr/lib/perl5/5.14/Carp.pm line 345.

Could not find any embedded ramdisk images. Are you sure this is a full boot image?

any idea ?
how did you do it when you customized yours ?
thanks
chrisdroid33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Other Android Devices > Android TV
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://androidforums.com/android-tv/530964-android-2-3-4-0-wifi-internet-hd-1080p-hdmi-google-tv-box-arm-cortex-a9-firmware.html
Posted By For Type Date
moServices &bull; View topic - Android 4.0.3 beta This thread Refback June 3rd, 2012 12:42 AM
- (( ANDROID TV BOX)) !!! - 9 - ADSLGATE This thread Refback May 28th, 2012 03:32 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.