Go Back   Android Forums > Other Android Devices > Android TV

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 20th, 2012, 05:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Amlogic-8726M3 Cortex A9 Android 4.0 Google TV, One Week feedback

I had M3 Android 4.0 TV Box more than on week , In this store: Here
The performance is great.
1. CPU Speed is Ok .
2. Online TV is Ok , full screen browse and fluently
3. Android APK for game very great for entertainment.

Still in study , Any one have more great idea for this product?
Kindly tell me.
Thanks

Advertisements
durak001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 20th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

and XBMC??
crisidoani is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 12:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

what online TV you tested?
ajeevlal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 02:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi,

can you post, please, the foto of screen information like this https://plus.google.com/u/0/114673951529684128760/posts/XY3fLjf3kFd so we can check the hardware and software version...

thanks!
nammen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

XBMC?? I don't know how to use.
Please advise
durak001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 08:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Most Online is Ok ,Like CNN
durak001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Does anybody have a link to the firmware for this box?
I messed up my Refee box and want to reflash the firmware.
The Refee website only supplies a firmware for an older version (c03ref) of the box.
Mine is a f16ref type.

Many thanks in advance.
mfaay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by durak001 View Post
XBMC?? I don't know how to use.
Please advise
Xbox Media Center

You can prove XBMC For Android Nightlies on XDA forums.
prekopix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfaay View Post
Does anybody have a link to the firmware for this box?
I messed up my Refee box and want to reflash the firmware.
The Refee website only supplies a firmware for an older version (c03ref) of the box.
Mine is a f16ref type.

Many thanks in advance.
try from this
http://androidforums.com/google-tv/530964-android-2-3-4-0-wifi-internet-hd-1080p-hdmi-google-tv-box-arm-cortex-a9-firmware-22.html#post4885957
nammen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 01:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Dear Freinds
i have the same box with ics 4.0
i wanted to reset it with reset button and plug power , i did it twice , and now it is not working at all
if i turn on both blue and red light is on and nothing comes on TV
i do not what to do , is it damaged , i can not use it or not
i read the way to make boot mount , i could not understand and it need linux which i do not have ,
can any one help me with it ,
drsayed is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 6th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsayed View Post
Dear Freinds
i have the same box with ics 4.0
i wanted to reset it with reset button and plug power , i did it twice , and now it is not working at all
if i turn on both blue and red light is on and nothing comes on TV
i do not what to do , is it damaged , i can not use it or not
i read the way to make boot mount , i could not understand and it need linux which i do not have ,
can any one help me with it ,
I think the model you get is older one, I suggest you could upgrade .
Bojan Kuselj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This should be the firmware i think:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8fDsuRgEEBkY29hN3NRc2FPdE0

Could someone please verify. Also. Has anyone obtained root on this device?

Root and another ROM is needed BADLY for this smart tv box. It runs XBMC really well though
krankdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Not familiar with XBMC?
mrpotato is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 11:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco_f View Post
Any link for XBMC?

J1nx .:Hackable Gadgets:. | Downloads - J1nx .:Hackable Gadgets:.



Any updated firmware? Nobody?
prekopix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 01:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krankdroid View Post
This should be the firmware i think:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8fDsuRgEEBkY29hN3NRc2FPdE0

Could someone please verify. Also. Has anyone obtained root on this device?

Root and another ROM is needed BADLY for this smart tv box. It runs XBMC really well though
Hi! I have to solve my own problem related to ethernet connection (here http://androidforums.com/google-tv/626793-f16ref-wired-ethernet-problem-google-tv-box-cortex-a9-smart-android-4-0-a.html). Since firmware arch contains file named 'refee120710bgzp-120827noapk-4ethernet.zip' I think it solves some ethernet problems. Please can you remeber and give me reference where it was taken from? May be there is some discussion about this fix?
superyago is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 02:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyago View Post
Hi! I have to solve my own problem related to ethernet connection (here http://androidforums.com/google-tv/626793-f16ref-wired-ethernet-problem-google-tv-box-cortex-a9-smart-android-4-0-a.html). Since firmware arch contains file named 'refee120710bgzp-120827noapk-4ethernet.zip' I think it solves some ethernet problems. Please can you remeber and give me reference where it was taken from? May be there is some discussion about this fix?
Donīt works, i have that firm installed and the same issues with ethernet-wifi.

Oval Elephant • View topic - Slow ethernet speed
prekopix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 07:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Theres now a root version available. I made it yesterday. No fixes for ethernet, I just added root and hope that's the first step forward:
Oval Elephant • View topic - Stock FW with ROOT available now!

Hope we can fix this together, both OE and Reefe seem to ignore support.
x_justin is offline  
Last edited by x_justin; October 4th, 2012 at 07:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 03:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_justin View Post
Theres now a root version available. I made it yesterday. No fixes for ethernet, I just added root and hope that's the first step forward:
Oval Elephant • View topic - Stock FW with ROOT available now!

Hope we can fix this together, both OE and Reefe seem to ignore support.
Regarding to MBX / MBX reference board (f16ref) / null / Unknown - Android Fragmentation
There is newest f16ref firmware builded "Wed Sep 12 18:09:48 CST 2012". It is for

CPU
Instruction Set
armv7l
Manufacturer
ARM Limited
Name
ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l)
Operational Frequency
1000.0 MHz
BogoMIPS
1556.48
Cores
1
CPU revision
4
CPU variant
2
Features
swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3
Hardware
AMLOGIC MESON3 8726M SKT SH
Revision
0020
Memory
Media type
API returned illegal or no value
RAM
872300 K


Who have download link?
superyago is offline  
Last edited by superyago; October 5th, 2012 at 03:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have updated firmware for this,dated 25092012.
ftf12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This is the link for it.And it is rooted.
http://androidtvbox.us/wp-content/uploads/midnight/midnight-120925.rar
ftf12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 9th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

I hit upon people reporting the firmware of the G-Box Midnight working like a charm on the Refee M6 device (f16ref).
Updates of the firmware/ROM can be found at:
G-Box | Software and ROMS

I installed the firmware dated 2012-10-03, it runs smoothly and it is rooted.
However you need to install Superuser from the Play store and update the su binary since the su included is a legacy one not asking for su permissions when running apps that need root access.
mfaay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #22 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfaay View Post
I hit upon people reporting the firmware of the G-Box Midnight working like a charm on the Refee M6 device (f16ref).
Updates of the firmware/ROM can be found at:
G-Box | Software and ROMS

I installed the firmware dated 2012-10-03, it runs smoothly and it is rooted.
However you need to install Superuser from the Play store and update the su binary since the su included is a legacy one not asking for su permissions when running apps that need root access.
What about ethernet? There is warning about 2012-10-03 rom. It is good for midnight v2.1 in other cases ethernet connection will not work. Do you tested ethernet?
superyago is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

No I use wifi connection. But It should not be too hard to download both the 3-10 and the 25-9 firmware. If the 3-10 doesn't work on your device, you can flash 25-9 afterwards.
mfaay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I don't know why all think that the G-Box Midnight ROMs are better than the stock ROMs. The bug with an actual Youtube-App is still there. They have bundled the ROM with an older Version of the app, okay, but with any updated app that uses features from Andoid 4.1 you will have the same problem. The MediaLauncher is not so important for me as I use XBMC instead. Annoying is that the bar at the bottom doesn't hide because of netflix compatibility. Does anybody know how to change that? Don't know how to search, because I have no idea how this bar at the bottom is named.

Gerald
gdachs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:05 AM   #25 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfaay View Post
No I use wifi connection. But It should not be too hard to download both the 3-10 and the 25-9 firmware. If the 3-10 doesn't work on your device, you can flash 25-9 afterwards.
No use. Ethernet adapter was not found by 3-10 at all. My device PCB is marked as "a11 v1.0" (at the end of all i have opened my box to look inside to be shure).
superyago is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #26 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdachs View Post
I don't know why all think that the G-Box Midnight ROMs are better than the stock ROMs. The bug with an actual Youtube-App is still there. They have bundled the ROM with an older Version of the app, okay, but with any updated app that uses features from Andoid 4.1 you will have the same problem. The MediaLauncher is not so important for me as I use XBMC instead. Annoying is that the bar at the bottom doesn't hide because of netflix compatibility. Does anybody know how to change that? Don't know how to search, because I have no idea how this bar at the bottom is named.

Gerald
I'm not shure. Try direct this question to xbmc forums/
superyago is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyago View Post
I'm not shure. Try direct this question to xbmc forums/
Why should I do that? The bar is not part of xbmc. The auto hide feature was there with older firmware releases even without having xbmc installed.

Gerald
gdachs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #28 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
djjaytee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 69
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

In ref to the ugly status bar...

I have the g box midnight and as a quick workaround I use the hidebar app... it puts a widget on the bar that lets you drop it when you want to
djjaytee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdachs View Post
Why should I do that? The bar is not part of xbmc. The auto hide feature was there with older firmware releases even without having xbmc installed.

Gerald
You right in some sence. But solution (it seems) i've seen reading xbmc forums. firmware/device independent solution.
superyago is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hi i have same board in my box how do i update it if i havent got a rest button many thanks.
webheadx1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 14th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #31 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have purchased this item from here

**********.com/item/XBMC-Midnight-Preinstalled-Android-4-0-Google-Internet-TV-Box-with-Amlogic-8726-M3-Cortex-A9/641945404.html

Can someone recommend the best firmware and XBMC version for this please??

I take it the Midnight roms will work???

Many Thanks!!
roy8846 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
android tv, google tv, internet tv, smart tv.


Go Back   Android Forums > Other Android Devices > Android TV
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.