Go Back   Android Forums > Android Development > Application Development > App & Game Announcements
App & Game Announcements A place for developers to announce new applications and games.

Like Tree2Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 17th, 2011, 03:18 PM   #201 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssidah View Post
we are using two different accounts. and i mean it wont connect on its won after when it disconnect. we will have to go back to setting and enter Google name and password all over again. it wont save the login information
Restarting the phone didn't help? Shouldn't have to re-renter the username/password. You can accomplish the same thing by un-checking and then re-checking the Allow 3G/4G calling checkbox. It's pretty much forcing the app to re-register. We depend on a callback from the phone to tell us when the network is back up. My guess is that callback isn't coming, that's why I suggested restarting the phone to see if that fixes it.

Otherwise we can likely make a change to poll the connectivity state instead of depending on the callback and make that an option in the next release.

Advertisements
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 17th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #202 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Actively polling to check for network connectivity seems like a better option than relying on the phone to callback. Maybe add a drop down to select the number of seconds between checks. The nature of 3G is such that you may be connected one second and out of range another.. The goal should be to re-connect as soon after a connection is available again to minimize missed calls. Just my two cents

Thanks,
Dan
lagman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #203 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagman View Post
Actively polling to check for network connectivity seems like a better option than relying on the phone to callback. Maybe add a drop down to select the number of seconds between checks. The nature of 3G is such that you may be connected one second and out of range another.. The goal should be to re-connect as soon after a connection is available again to minimize missed calls. Just my two cents

Thanks,
Dan
The callback would be the quickest way to know connectivity is back, since the phone will tell you as soon as connectivity is back. I actually have never seen the callback fail. But what you describe leads me to believe that is what is happening on your phone. Looking through our logic now incase something is wrong in our handling.
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #204 (permalink)
New Member
 
CBucca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Down loaded it yesterday. It looks like a nice little app. So far I like it, the price was right, the author responded quickly to a question. Running it on an Sprint HTC Evo 4G stock unrooted w/ android 2.2 . Got it running in about a half hour. the only concern i might have is that i am told my outgoing audio is randomly "stuttering" like a "machine gun". I called my desk phone to hear it and i sounded quite a bit like m-m-m-m-max h-h-h-h-headroom. (showing my age?) there is a few to several second delay when it happens. i only have 2 bars on signal down here in the "pit", maybe thats a contributing factor? All in all,i know i will have to "play" a bit with the settings. Just my 2 cents from the peanut gallery.
CBucca is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #205 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBucca View Post
Down loaded it yesterday. It looks like a nice little app. So far I like it, the price was right, the author responded quickly to a question. Running it on an Sprint HTC Evo 4G stock unrooted w/ android 2.2 . Got it running in about a half hour. the only concern i might have is that i am told my outgoing audio is randomly "stuttering" like a "machine gun". I called my desk phone to hear it and i sounded quite a bit like m-m-m-m-max h-h-h-h-headroom. (showing my age?) there is a few to several second delay when it happens. i only have 2 bars on signal down here in the "pit", maybe thats a contributing factor? All in all,i know i will have to "play" a bit with the settings. Just my 2 cents from the peanut gallery.
Try setting the incoming and outgoing audio processing in troubleshooting. If that doesn't fix it then try increasing the mic buffer from medium to large or x-large. Let me know if that helps
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #206 (permalink)
New Member
 
CBucca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Some parts of the conversation come through ok, but a lot of it is chopped up. when it does chop up, there is a definite delay hearing the audio on the target phone. some times as much as seven seconds. but from from target phone to evo seems to be decent most of the time. have played with trouble shooting settings; buffer and volume and mic gain, etc. will try again tonight when in different location so different cell tower(and maybe different network access point??? ) is in use. will also go on home pc and make sure NO phones are checked in gv and try again. peanut gallery out.
CBucca is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 09:36 PM   #207 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Currently I have my VM Optimus V connected to an XLink gateway via bluetooth so I can make and receive calls over my cell phone using a standard telephone. Is there a way to make this setup work with GrooVe IP?

Xlink gateway: Amazon.com: Xtreme Technologies Xlink BT Bluetooth Gateway (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

I was thinking about buying an OBi110 device in order to use my Google Voice number with a standard phone but it would be nice if I could save the $50 and just use GrooVe IP with the hardware I already have.
kcobra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 09:40 PM   #208 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcobra View Post
Currently I have my VM Optimus V connected to an XLink gateway via bluetooth so I can make and receive calls over my cell phone using a standard telephone. Is there a way to make this setup work with GrooVe IP?

Xlink gateway: Amazon.com: Xtreme Technologies Xlink BT Bluetooth Gateway (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

I was thinking about buying an OBi110 device in order to use my Google Voice number with a standard phone but it would be nice if I could save the $50 and just use GrooVe IP with the hardware I already have.
I honestly have no idea.
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 08:10 AM   #209 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcobra View Post
Currently I have my VM Optimus V connected to an XLink gateway via bluetooth so I can make and receive calls over my cell phone using a standard telephone. Is there a way to make this setup work with GrooVe IP?

Xlink gateway: Amazon.com: Xtreme Technologies Xlink BT Bluetooth Gateway (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

I was thinking about buying an OBi110 device in order to use my Google Voice number with a standard phone but it would be nice if I could save the $50 and just use GrooVe IP with the hardware I already have.
The Xlink is essentially just a bluetooth headset as far as the phone is concerned. I asked the dev about support for bluetooth devices the other day and he said it was something they are working on.

I have the Xlink and I have been able to make outgoing calls with my regular phone as long as the Xlink is paired with my cell phone, but incoming calls do not get routed to bluetooth, and therefore do not ring my regular phone. As soon as that is working in Groove IP you should be able to use your Xlink for both calling out and receiving calls.
lagman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #210 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just bought this app and it seems to be working fine except for one thing, when I receive a call I get the voice prompt to Dial 1 or 2 to answer or send to voicemail.

I have the box checked to Accept calls on answer, but I still get it every time I receive a call.

Is there something that I'm missing? This is on a Nexus One running 2.3.4 connecting through wifi.
stickwolf is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 19th, 2011, 02:00 PM   #211 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickwolf View Post
I just bought this app and it seems to be working fine except for one thing, when I receive a call I get the voice prompt to Dial 1 or 2 to answer or send to voicemail.

I have the box checked to Accept calls on answer, but I still get it every time I receive a call.

Is there something that I'm missing? This is on a Nexus One running 2.3.4 connecting through wifi.
Which version of the app do you have?
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 06:48 PM   #212 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey!

I just bought the app a few days ago and registered here to tell you that it's nice to see a developer who keeps up on things, responds to, and fixes issues!

Everything works as advertised. There's about a 200-500ms lag on me hearing the caller, but they can hear me instantly. I'm guessing this'll be improved over time, though. Regardless, it's well worth the $3.99 or 4.99, heh.

I have a few questions regarding the upcoming build with the Bluetooth stuff in it. I'm using a Motorola Xoom Tablet, if it matters:

• Are you making it possible so that when a call is answered or placed, it goes by default to the Bluetooth headset rather than the speaker phone?

• Are you making it possible to answer calls via a BT headset rather than the interface?

• When the screen turns off, the phone is immediately dumped to speaker phone if it was on Bluetooth. I have the Keep Screen On option on to see if that'd help, but it doesn't work; the tablet's screen still shuts off after the normal time. I don't care if the screen goes off, but I would like the call to stay on Bluetooth.

Thanks!

-Behr
Behr is offline  
Last edited by Behr; May 19th, 2011 at 06:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #213 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

This question is for snrb and all:

I am using groove ip 1.1.3 and google voice, and try to dial into the conference call. After the prompt for "conference id", the id is always not recognized. I test the call using the mobile network, everything is fine. I am using LG optimus V phone, any idea to address this? DTMF tone not long enough? Thanks a lot!
kchnew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 09:03 PM   #214 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchnew View Post
This question is for snrb and all:

I am using groove ip 1.1.3 and google voice, and try to dial into the conference call. After the prompt for "conference id", the id is always not recognized. I test the call using the mobile network, everything is fine. I am using LG optimus V phone, any idea to address this? DTMF tone not long enough? Thanks a lot!
We'll take a look. We had increased the DTMF, might need to be increased some more. We tested against bestbuy and few other automated systems. If you know of a number we can dial that always fails let me know and we'll use that to test any fix.
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 07:55 AM   #215 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Not working over wi-fi in Budapest

Hey, thanks for the app. Hope we can get it working. Here is my situation:

My wife and I have two Epic 4g's each with gv accounts that are synced to our Sprint phone numbers. Neither of us are currently loggin into a gv account on a laptop, or any other computer. We are connected to a wi-fi network that allows VOIP, and is not currently blocking any outbound ports. I have installed grooveIP on both phones, but there are a couple of issues:

When I call a non-US number, they cannot hear my voice, if it connects. Mostly I need to call Hungarian mobile numbers;

The GrooveIP app constantly tells us that it is not registered, then it is, then it isn't, then it is, over and over again.

I can call my wife's phone, and if we are both currently green then it will connect but there is serious delay in voice, like calling overseas in the 90s.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong, or if the app just doesn't address my needs.

Thanks.
MontyPalmer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:33 AM   #216 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behr View Post
Hey!

I just bought the app a few days ago and registered here to tell you that it's nice to see a developer who keeps up on things, responds to, and fixes issues!

Everything works as advertised. There's about a 200-500ms lag on me hearing the caller, but they can hear me instantly. I'm guessing this'll be improved over time, though. Regardless, it's well worth the $3.99 or 4.99, heh.

I have a few questions regarding the upcoming build with the Bluetooth stuff in it. I'm using a Motorola Xoom Tablet, if it matters:

Are you making it possible so that when a call is answered or placed, it goes by default to the Bluetooth headset rather than the speaker phone?

Are you making it possible to answer calls via a BT headset rather than the interface?

When the screen turns off, the phone is immediately dumped to speaker phone if it was on Bluetooth. I have the Keep Screen On option on to see if that'd help, but it doesn't work; the tablet's screen still shuts off after the normal time. I don't care if the screen goes off, but I would like the call to stay on Bluetooth.

Thanks!

-Behr
Hi,

We're working on the delay. I'd expect it to improve in future releases.

For bluetooth, it looks like what we have now works fairly well with certain headsets, but others have issues. We're trying to get a list of all the issues and map them to device & headset. Could you email me snrb.labs@gmail.com with the BT problems you're having? The screen thing sounds really odd.
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:36 AM   #217 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

snrb, I have sent you a PM. Thanks.
kchnew is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kchnew For This Useful Post:
snrb (May 20th, 2011)
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:37 AM   #218 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyPalmer View Post
Hey, thanks for the app. Hope we can get it working. Here is my situation:

My wife and I have two Epic 4g's each with gv accounts that are synced to our Sprint phone numbers. Neither of us are currently loggin into a gv account on a laptop, or any other computer. We are connected to a wi-fi network that allows VOIP, and is not currently blocking any outbound ports. I have installed grooveIP on both phones, but there are a couple of issues:

When I call a non-US number, they cannot hear my voice, if it connects. Mostly I need to call Hungarian mobile numbers;

The GrooveIP app constantly tells us that it is not registered, then it is, then it isn't, then it is, over and over again.

I can call my wife's phone, and if we are both currently green then it will connect but there is serious delay in voice, like calling overseas in the 90s.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong, or if the app just doesn't address my needs.

Thanks.
Hi,

Sorry you're having problems with the app! I did find a bug where the app didn't re-register automatically if there was an error in sign in. But I don't think that is related to the constant sign-in you're seeing. Any way you could try over 3g or on a different network and see if that works better? Also, if you are connected to that network, can you go into your phone settings->wireless & networks->Wi-Fi settings. And see if you notice the Wi-Fi status changing when the app disconnects. Under the Wi-Fi checkbox it should have status like scanning or connected or obtaining ip. If the Wi-Fi state keeps changing that would be one thing that would cause the app to keep re-registering.
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:42 AM   #219 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchnew View Post
snrb, I have sent you a PM. Thanks.
Got it! Thanks.
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:43 AM   #220 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrb View Post
Hi,

Sorry you're having problems with the app! I did find a bug where the app didn't re-register automatically if there was an error in sign in. But I don't think that is related to the constant sign-in you're seeing. Any way you could try over 3g or on a different network and see if that works better? Also, if you are connected to that network, can you go into your phone settings->wireless & networks->Wi-Fi settings. And see if you notice the Wi-Fi status changing when the app disconnects. Under the Wi-Fi checkbox it should have status like scanning or connected or obtaining ip. If the Wi-Fi state keeps changing that would be one thing that would cause the app to keep re-registering.
Thanks. The wi-fi network is stable as I can check email, google news, etc. I cannot try a 3g or 4g network as I have US Sprint, and my phone is not xnational capable. I am going to be overseas (in Europe) for several weeks, and being able to receive and make calls using my established number is critical. The GV icon constantly seems to go to 'Red' as it's default setting even though I have it set to load with Droid.

I don't mean to lay this at your feet. Google/ Sprint told me that my phone would be able to make calls using the GV app on my Epic, and that clearly isn't possible out of the box. Seriously need a solution to this.

Thanks heaps!
MontyPalmer is offline  
Last edited by MontyPalmer; May 20th, 2011 at 08:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:49 AM   #221 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyPalmer View Post
Thanks. The wi-fi network is stable as I can check email, google news, etc. I cannot try a 3g or 4g network as I have US Sprint, and my phone is not xnational capable. I am going to be overseas (in Europe) for several weeks, and being able to receive and make calls using my established number is critical.

I don't mean to lay this at your feet. Google/ Sprint told me that my phone would be able to make calls using the GV app on my Epic, and that clearly isn't possible out of the box. Seriously need a solution to this.

Thanks heaps!
No problem. If you could, please still look at that Wi-Fi status and let me know if it's changing at all. And if possible try a different Wi-Fi network.

Do you know how to collect logcat from the phones? Or pull files from the phone? The only thing I can think of is that maybe the Wi-Fi is changing between connecting and connected...but there could be something else and without logs it's almost impossible for me to figure out what.


Oh another thing to try is in troubleshooting, click the "Keep Screen Alive" checkbox. It could be your Wi-Fi chip going into a powersaving mode when the screen turns off that is causing your bad call quality.
snrb is offline  
Last edited by snrb; May 20th, 2011 at 08:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 09:49 AM   #222 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrb View Post
No problem. If you could, please still look at that Wi-Fi status and let me know if it's changing at all. And if possible try a different Wi-Fi network.

Do you know how to collect logcat from the phones? Or pull files from the phone? The only thing I can think of is that maybe the Wi-Fi is changing between connecting and connected...but there could be something else and without logs it's almost impossible for me to figure out what.


Oh another thing to try is in troubleshooting, click the "Keep Screen Alive" checkbox. It could be your Wi-Fi chip going into a powersaving mode when the screen turns off that is causing your bad call quality.

I have been using my skype number for the past 45+ minutes on the phone with Sprint trying to get their stuff worked out so I know that the wi-fi is stable, in fact I am still on the phone with them now.

I do already have Keep Screen alive set. Don't know how to get the logcat data.
MontyPalmer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 10:31 AM   #223 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyPalmer View Post
I have been using my skype number for the past 45+ minutes on the phone with Sprint trying to get their stuff worked out so I know that the wi-fi is stable, in fact I am still on the phone with them now.

I do already have Keep Screen alive set. Don't know how to get the logcat data.
Hi,

Send me an email. snrb.labs@gmail.com. I've got a logging build I can send you that should hopefully tell us why the app keeps registering/unregistering.

The delay when calling GrooVe IP to GrooVe IP will get better in subsequent releases.

Is it every number you call that the person can't hear you? You can try increasing the mic gain to see if that helps. That will increase the volume of the voice the app sends out. Another thing you can try is enabling the incoming and outgoing audio processing checkboxes in troubleshooting to see if that helps.
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #224 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyPalmer View Post
Hey, thanks for the app. Hope we can get it working. Here is my situation:

The GrooveIP app constantly tells us that it is not registered, then it is, then it isn't, then it is, over and over again.


Thanks.
I see the same thing.. Constantly going to red then back to green. Sometimes it stays red when I'm on 2g/EDGE and doesn't go back to green until I have a Wifi or 3G connection. I also noticed every time I open Google Market it goes red, then goes back to green a few seconds later..
lagman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #225 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Bought the app about a week ago; nice to see updates pouring in during that time. I love to see an active dev!

I have no connexion issues. Incoming calls are received fine, and outgoing works like a boss. My problem is with the call quality. I can usually hear the incoming call just fine, but my voice, on their end, is a bit delayed (by .5-1.5 seconds, roughly) and VERY choppy. I've tried about all the tweaks I can with mic gain and advanced settings; any ideas on what I could do?

Dell streak 7 on T-Mobile. Your app is making a splash with S7 users, by the way, for ease of use; but the choppiness is killing me.
Zandar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 05:36 PM   #226 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
Bought the app about a week ago; nice to see updates pouring in during that time. I love to see an active dev!

I have no connexion issues. Incoming calls are received fine, and outgoing works like a boss. My problem is with the call quality. I can usually hear the incoming call just fine, but my voice, on their end, is a bit delayed (by .5-1.5 seconds, roughly) and VERY choppy. I've tried about all the tweaks I can with mic gain and advanced settings; any ideas on what I could do?

Dell streak 7 on T-Mobile. Your app is making a splash with S7 users, by the way, for ease of use; but the choppiness is killing me.
Sorry it took me so long to respond! Have you tried increasing the mic buffer to large or x-large? If that doesn't work shoot me an email. We're working on a few different algorithms, I'd like to get a log from your tablet and see what may be causing the choppy voice.
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 09:34 PM   #227 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default Version 1.1.4

- Improve call quality
- Fix an issue where extra spaces or lines in the username could cause registration to fail
- Fix registration failing when switching networks
- Add a config to disable audible dialpad tones
- Fix app randomly flipping between unregistered and registered (requires registration notification to be on)
- Fix an issue where Bluetooth, mute, and speaker-phone buttons reset if you navigate away from the call screen
- Improve DTMF digit generation
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to snrb For This Useful Post:
Pinan (May 23rd, 2011)
Old May 23rd, 2011, 11:51 PM   #228 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Pinan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 51
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919, rooted. running various ROMs.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

This is great snrb, and addresses a couple of issues we chatted about. Thank you. :-)
Pinan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 11:55 PM   #229 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Pinan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 51
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919, rooted. running various ROMs.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

double post.
Pinan is offline  
Last edited by Pinan; May 23rd, 2011 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Oops
Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 07:07 AM   #230 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

verizon
htc thunderbolt rooted/bamf rom
groove ip 113

looks like a way cool app. trying to figure this out though. some help with the setup in the form of a forum sticky walking through the set up process might be beneficial.

should i be able to place calls initiated through my native dialer/phone app? when i do initiate a call in this manner i do get the option to choose between "groove ip" or "mobile network" and when the call is placed through groove ip the recipient of the call can't hear me. i have attempted the various troubleshooting recommendations without a solution.

i am however able to place a call through the groove ip interface with the expected intended results and with better than expected audio quality.

am i missing something? should i indeed be able to use the native dial/phone app to place calls through groove ip?

thanks
mark
markkal123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 24th, 2011, 12:15 PM   #231 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

OK, it seems the issues I was having were not related to the app; I may have a defective SIM or tablet. Tried it out on another device and it works perfectly. Great work, dev! Well worth $4!
Zandar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #232 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markkal123 View Post
verizon
htc thunderbolt rooted/bamf rom
groove ip 113

looks like a way cool app. trying to figure this out though. some help with the setup in the form of a forum sticky walking through the set up process might be beneficial.

should i be able to place calls initiated through my native dialer/phone app? when i do initiate a call in this manner i do get the option to choose between "groove ip" or "mobile network" and when the call is placed through groove ip the recipient of the call can't hear me. i have attempted the various troubleshooting recommendations without a solution.

i am however able to place a call through the groove ip interface with the expected intended results and with better than expected audio quality.

am i missing something? should i indeed be able to use the native dial/phone app to place calls through groove ip?

thanks
mark
Hi,

You should be able to dial using either dialer. Can you try it with 1.1.4 and see if it's any better?
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 05:57 PM   #233 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrb View Post
Hi,

You should be able to dial using either dialer. Can you try it with 1.1.4 and see if it's any better?
Dang! ok here is the deal. i am running a rooted HTC thunderbolt and ROM (Das BAMF 1.6.3)

this ROM contains a two-way call recorder. just disabled it and POOF! problems solved.

voice is crystal clear both ends. just a bit of echo on the receiving side but i'm sure that will go away with a few minor tweaks to the settings.

thanks for all of your help. you're A-1 in service with the great updates and modifications.

i haven't reivewed any app yet, but y'all will be getting my first. it will be glowing mostly because of your attention to detail, personal availability for tech prblms, quick response to issues with quick version updates, etc., etc.

thanks again for your work.
markkal123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 06:53 PM   #234 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markkal123 View Post
Dang! ok here is the deal. i am running a rooted HTC thunderbolt and ROM (Das BAMF 1.6.3)

this ROM contains a two-way call recorder. just disabled it and POOF! problems solved.

voice is crystal clear both ends. just a bit of echo on the receiving side but i'm sure that will go away with a few minor tweaks to the settings.

thanks for all of your help. you're A-1 in service with the great updates and modifications.

i haven't reivewed any app yet, but y'all will be getting my first. it will be glowing mostly because of your attention to detail, personal availability for tech prblms, quick response to issues with quick version updates, etc., etc.

thanks again for your work.
Wow, would have never thought of the call recorder. Good catch. You can reduce echo by lowering the microphone gain and/or the speaker volume. Just be careful you don't lower it so much that no one can hear eachother.
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to snrb For This Useful Post:
markkal123 (May 24th, 2011)
Old May 25th, 2011, 01:55 AM   #235 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Pinan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 51
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919, rooted. running various ROMs.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Hi snrb. After updating, I still have the problem with registration failing when switching networks. i.e. switching to wifi from celular when coming home. Icon stays red until I unlock/wake phone.
Pinan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 06:43 AM   #236 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinan View Post
Hi snrb. After updating, I still have the problem with registration failing when switching networks. i.e. switching to wifi from celular when coming home. Icon stays red until I unlock/wake phone.
Hi, what kind of phone do you have? Also, are you sure your phone is connecting/connected to the WiFi without you unlocking/waking the phone?

If you give me some steps to reproduce the issue, I'll take a look Thanks!
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 11:25 AM   #237 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Pinan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 51
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919, rooted. running various ROMs.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I have an LG Optimus V (Virgin Mobile).

I don't understand your question. When at home I'm on wifi, as I have very little signal inside. If I just wander too far from the house I loose the wifi (of course), and when I come back in to my house it does not reconnect.

Outside I can get 3G, though not a great signal. If I drive away and come back it's the same issue.

Eidt: I Think I understand now. Yes. I get calls over Groove when locked/Sleeping. Icon is always green when I Wake phone, before unlocking.
Pinan is offline  
Last edited by Pinan; May 25th, 2011 at 11:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #238 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Pinan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 51
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919, rooted. running various ROMs.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

snrb. I might have something here; I typically have 3G turned off in Groove since it does not work well for me. So the bad switching I'm experiencing is Cellular to Wifi, and not 3G to Wifi. Hope this helps.

I may have caused some confusion earlier when speaking about 3G. My phone has it and it's on, but not in Groove.
Pinan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 01:27 AM   #239 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 17
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I liked this app very much; however, i was using this on wifi, but then i turn off wifi.

I thought it will reconnect right away, but it doesn't.

I had close app completely, and open again to be connected.

if im from 3g to wifi, it is okay to reconnect.

Im on verizon and using htc incredible cm7.

any suggestions?
lentm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 03:37 PM   #240 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Questions for the developer:

1. If you use the APP in Europe how does it work? Just dial your number with country code?
2. Can you call the USA from Europe? What are the rates?
3. Can you call between countries in Europe?
4. What are the rate? The Google voice rates from the US to the various countries?

Thanks
rfb813 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 26th, 2011, 04:54 PM   #241 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinan View Post
snrb. I might have something here; I typically have 3G turned off in Groove since it does not work well for me. So the bad switching I'm experiencing is Cellular to Wifi, and not 3G to Wifi. Hope this helps.

I may have caused some confusion earlier when speaking about 3G. My phone has it and it's on, but not in Groove.
Thanks, looking into it!
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #242 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentm View Post
I liked this app very much; however, i was using this on wifi, but then i turn off wifi.

I thought it will reconnect right away, but it doesn't.

I had close app completely, and open again to be connected.

if im from 3g to wifi, it is okay to reconnect.

Im on verizon and using htc incredible cm7.

any suggestions?
Believe you may be having the same problem as Pinan, we're trying to track it down. You're using version 1.1.4 right?
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #243 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb813 View Post
Questions for the developer:

1. If you use the APP in Europe how does it work? Just dial your number with country code?
2. Can you call the USA from Europe? What are the rates?
3. Can you call between countries in Europe?
4. What are the rate? The Google voice rates from the US to the various countries?

Thanks
Hi!

You can use the app in Europe, we have a few people using it in Europe. You can use the app to call the US. Calls to any number in the US or Canada are free with Google Voice. For calls to any other country the rates would be Google Voices rates. You can find their rates on their webpage.
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #244 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

lentm and pinan

I've been trying to reproduce this without much success. This is what I've done so far. I connect to wifi, verify my icon is green. Then turn off wifi. My icon turns red then after a few seconds turns green. I also tried disconnecting from the network by "forgetting" the network instead of turning off wifi completely and the app again re-registered. Can you guys try both of those tests and see if they work for you also?

I'm using a Droid X with GrooVe IP version 1.1.4

Edit:

Just re-read Pinan's post. You're having a problem in the reverse direction. 3G to WiFi. I did some tests in that direction too. Have my phone on 3G, then connect to a WiFi network. App re-registers after a few seconds. I'm wondering if maybe your phone isn't actually joining the WiFi until you turn on the screen. Either way going to keep testing.
snrb is offline  
Last edited by snrb; May 26th, 2011 at 08:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 11:29 PM   #245 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm using Groove IP 1.1.4 and I can't make ANY calls or receive and after trying to place a call or receive a call Groove IP freezes up and even after trying to FC it, it continues to take up the screen not allowing me to return to home or go back etc etc. I've tried killing it and the service and rerunning the app but it continues to freeze until a reboot, this wasn't a problem when I was running 1.1.3.

Any ideas on what might cause this?

I uninstalled Watchdog 3G and it seems to be working fine now, known issue?

Running a Motorola Atrix 4G Stock-Rooted.
GabrialDestrui is offline  
Last edited by GabrialDestrui; May 26th, 2011 at 11:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 11:56 PM   #246 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Pinan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 51
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919, rooted. running various ROMs.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrb View Post
Just re-read Pinan's post. 1. You're having a problem in the reverse direction. 3G to WiFi.

2. I'm wondering if maybe your phone isn't actually joining the WiFi until you turn on the screen. Either way going to keep testing.
Hi snrb.

1. Actually I corrected myself above, stating that I typically have 3G in Groove turned OFF, so it's really cellular to wifi, and back to cellular, that I have the issue.

2. Could well be. I think the lock may be affecting it too though. Thanks.

Other: Tonight was the first time that I could not get Groove to show the notification icon. I could open Groove and make a call, but no icon. I had to reboot my phone to get it back. Using the newest release.
Pinan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 06:39 AM   #247 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinan View Post
Hi snrb.

1. Actually I corrected myself above, stating that I typically have 3G in Groove turned OFF, so it's really cellular to wifi, and back to cellular, that I have the issue.

2. Could well be. I think the lock may be affecting it too though. Thanks.

Other: Tonight was the first time that I could not get Groove to show the notification icon. I could open Groove and make a call, but no icon. I had to reboot my phone to get it back. Using the newest release.
Ah, sorry missed the 3G turned off. I don't think my phone has the option to do that. I'll see if any of the other phones we have here can do it. That's a good lead.

Icon disappearing means our background service was stopped or killed. Restarting the app (menu->exit to close) and opening again should restart the service.
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 06:41 AM   #248 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 562
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 114 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrialDestrui View Post
I'm using Groove IP 1.1.4 and I can't make ANY calls or receive and after trying to place a call or receive a call Groove IP freezes up and even after trying to FC it, it continues to take up the screen not allowing me to return to home or go back etc etc. I've tried killing it and the service and rerunning the app but it continues to freeze until a reboot, this wasn't a problem when I was running 1.1.3.

Any ideas on what might cause this?

I uninstalled Watchdog 3G and it seems to be working fine now, known issue?

Running a Motorola Atrix 4G Stock-Rooted.
No, didn't know about that. Is Watchdog 3G a task killer or memory manager? I'll see if we can install that on our Atrix. We have one we test on before releasing updates.
snrb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 12:45 PM   #249 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrb View Post
No, didn't know about that. Is Watchdog 3G a task killer or memory manager? I'll see if we can install that on our Atrix. We have one we test on before releasing updates.
I'm not sure if it was a task killer, but it's suppose to monitor 3G data usage so that you can set up a quota and it'll notify when you get close to the quota and such.

I just know with it installed/running it seemed to cause Groove IP to misbehave once I uninstalled it reinstalled Groove IP (with a reboot) it appeared to work fine, made calls and rang where it wouldn't ring before, didn't freeze up or lock up the phone like it was.

I also had other issues with the system I think were unrelated as I just wiped last night, installed Groove IP and it still seems to work just like it should so I could try installing 3G Watchdog again to see if it's repeatable if this would be helpful in any way.

Link to 3G Watchdog:
https://market.android.com/details?id=net.rgruet.android.g3watchdog&hl=en
GabrialDestrui is offline  
Last edited by GabrialDestrui; May 27th, 2011 at 12:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 01:32 PM   #250 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): Black myTouch 4G / Android 2.2.1 Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Text messaging?

With Gmail Voice you can send text messages to mobile phones much like how you can place a call.

In future updates, do you think GrooveIP might be able to take care of this? (IE, you go to send a text, and it will send it through GrooveIP / WiFi instead of using your cell network.)

I think that feature would send this application over the top, as a lot of the people using it to save money on their cell minutes would probably enjoy being able to send texts as well.

If texts were available as I mention above, I'd happily pay up to 15 or so dollars for the app.

GREAT WORK ON GROOVE IP!
tEA-TiME is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Development > Application Development > App & Game Announcements
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.