February 4th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA.
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vsandroid: Integrated development of Android NDK C/C++ software under Visual Studio
I've just released an open-source tool which allows compilation of NDK-based apps under Visual Studio.
Here's a list of features:
- Compile and link Android C/C++ projects within Visual Studio.
- Integrated development, no makefiles. Works as another 'Platform' type.
- Android settings co-exist within the same VS projects as other platforms.
- Supports static library projects, and links them in if marked as project dependencies.
- Intellisense and 'External Dependencies' correctly pull in Android NDK headers.
- Cygwin install is not required.
- Around twice as fast as using ndk-build under Cygwin. For full rebuilds, and incremental changes.
- Ctrl-F7: compile single file functions, has no dependency checking wait.
- Supports invoking ant after linking, such that you end up with a packaged ready-to-deploy .apk file.
Download it here:
Hope it's useful to some of you. Feedback, comments, bug-reports welcome!