Originally Posted by jiminaus
So tell us exactly what you've tried and what you were able to diagnose when your tries didn't work. We should be able to kick off from there.
I downloaded the Chilkat library and tried running the example found here
. After changing it a bit to work with my package names and import the required libraries I got it to run. However when the emulator starts up and runs the program, it just crashes on the emulated device causing it to force a close.
I downloaded Dropbear and Ganymed but both of those seem to be straight Java implementations, not Android specific. The libraries used in them aren't part of the Android libraries. Same with Jaramiko.
I also tried SSHJ but that also had the same issue with just crashing and forcing closes. Plus I read somewhere it's not supported in Android 4.
I tried JSCH, same issue with forcing closes.
Lastly I tried Trilead but couldn't find any sort of documentation on how to use it.
Anything I can get to compile and run as an example simply forces a close when I run it, nothing else happens. I'm using the correct port on my internal network (192.168.0.194) and the proper username/password written directly into the code. Whenever I use that username/password/IP in a terminal, I can connect via SSH no problem. I can also connect using ConnectBot from my phone and those credentials.