March 28th, 2012, 09:24 AM
I'm tellin' mommy on you!
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 2,072 Times in 254 Posts
Getting Acquired: Selling Your App To A Business
Hey everyone! My name is Rob Jackson and I own Phan/AF. I'm working on an article about app developers selling their apps/games to companies in terms of acquisition/angel-investment. If you have any experience, insight, stories to share, or people to refer, please respond here or shoot me an E-Mail at rob (at) phandroid (.) com
Some specific questions I'd have:
- Does Google currently facilitate the transfer of acquired apps/games from one developer account to another?
- If so, what requirements must the parties fulfill to be eligible for such intervention?
- If not, is this something Google plans to offer in the future?
- Does Google recommend any "best practices" for Android Developers so that they may one day sell their app with minimal complications? Perhaps creating a separate dev account for each account, or signing each app with a different key, or any other practices?
- Can a developer change the signing key of an app upon request or through any automated means?
Thanks for your help!