So I've done as you suggested and the output has been "0". It never increases. There is stuff in the array it just doesn't seem to get the array's length or it just ignores it. I've used the eclipse debugger to look at the values displayed in the "resultsArray" and it does indeed contain the all the information stored in the "results" array from the API.
My understanding is because of this problem with "i", it never downloads the contents of the array, and therefor there can't be anything to put as the text value or on the ListView in my program.
No that I defiantly know the problem is with the for loop, how do I get this to work?
EDIT: I just found something strange. The length of the array is equal to exactly 1...Not sure how that's possible.
EDIT2: I've found that the "resultsArray" length is equal to the amount of times there is a "results" json array on the page. The problem now has to be with the fact that the "text" value is not being converted into string associated with the "name :" string. I've taken some screenshots to help.
Once I realised the problem with the "resultsArray.length()" I changed my search query to "Far Cry" instead of "Far Cry 3". That way I got more than one result instead of the 1. I will change the for loop at a later time to fix this.
With this new search query I added the log code you suggested by the problem was that the program never reached it. Instead I had wrote a "catch" method that would pick up any errors and then print it in the log. Below is the output.
I feel like the biggest of idiots the reason as to why there was no text value was because it didn't exist. :P There was the reason for the catch activating and for the program to stop working. I'm sorry this took up so much time. Thank you very much for all the help jonbonazza.