April 2nd, 2011, 02:31 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Device(s): HTC Desire HD
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
HTC Desire HD GPS transformed from unusable to perfect
Gone to GPS fix in a few seconds then spot on accuracy from not working at all
I've surfed for months & found bits of what works for me to fix this, but never found all of this together:
I get GPS fix in 5 to 10 seconds outdoors & often indoors by doing the following (I suggest you write down your original settings so you can reset things when not using Sat Nav or other GPS dependent apps):
- menu - Settings - Location (switch GPS on & Wireless networks off)
- menu - Settings - Wireless & networks (switch Wi-fi & Mobile network off)
- menu - Settings - Wireless & networks - Mobile networks - Access Point Names (make sure there is an entry with your network provider name & default,supl underneath it. Create a new entry if this doesn't exist. Highlight this entry)
- Start GPS Status (it's free from the Market) you should get a very quick GPS fix.
- In my case Locations & Premium Navigation work smoothly & with spot on accuracy now.
If this proves useful to others it would be great if a developer with the right skills could write a widget to do this!
Hope it helps some of you,