March 21st, 2013, 12:06 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Residential Roofing Colorizer
Hello Community -
I have been asked to seek out someone who can develop an application which can take a photo of a home, and manipulate the roof color to match different shingle types. The application will be used to help a roofing company/installer show homeowners how a new roof would look on their specific home. I know this can be easy for the photoshop experts out there, but we are talking about roofing people, who typically don't have the skillset or time to do this on the spot. Core application requirements would include:
1. The ability to interface with the built-in camera on Android devices.
2. Be able to distinguish between roofing line and other parts of the home, as captured on the photograph.
3. Utilizing a "roofing shingle palette", the user must be able to change the roofing color to match the desired shingle.
4. Be able to email the photo or save.
5. It would be nice to include the location metadata in the picture.
Please respond to this inquiry soon, as the company is ready to move forward rather quickly.