June 13th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Down in the park where the Machmen meet the machines and play 'kill by numbers'
Device(s): Moto X developer edition
Carrier: Over-priced stooopid Verizon
Thanked 565 Times in 468 Posts
Google Voice Callback: Great, simple to use app that maximizes your GV.
This is the app for you if you want to:
* make outgoing calls using your Google Voice number every time to numbers you choose
* make outgoing calls using your mobile number every time to numbers you choose
* not have to make a selection or decision about which to do every time you make a call
Why it's so great:
* there is no routing number, your actual GV number is used.
* only one number has to be added to Friends and Family (Fave5 etc.)
* no more checking to be sure the routing number hasn't changed
* allows you to fully utilize GV
* added step for placing calls
How it works:
Google Voice Callback intercepts your non-excluded outgoing calls and calls you using your GV number, "answer" your phone and the call is placed. Simply set up the filters to use GV for all calls and then exclude any numbers you want. Excluded numbers are made through your carrier and all other numbers are made with your GV number automatically! It can also be used with Gizmo5/Sipdroid/Fring/other VOIP options.
This app works flawlessly with GV and is a breeze to set up. Once your filters are created and your GV is set up the way you want this app kicks in and removes the need to toggle between settings/selections for each call made. It just works and works very well. It is very stable (I have had NO issues at all) and it maximizes GV's capabilities.
The only possible drawback is the need to answer your phone in order to make a call but, once you get used to it, it is well worth the 'hassle'. There is no reason not to use this app!
Last edited by Clementine_3; June 13th, 2010 at 10:27 AM.