Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > ARCHOS 101

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 14th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #251 (permalink)

Device(s): Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

I am very disappointed with Archos and their distribution for selling these devices. They can be found no where yet become available in their online store for half a day at a time. Whats up with that? You would think that after weeks of this they would have them readily available.

sponsored links
Old December 14th, 2010, 06:09 PM   #252 (permalink)
AF's janitor

Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 4,636 Times in 1,730 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com

Of the two units I am looking to possibly buying, both are acting like children in a grown up world of selling, marketing and distribution. I'm looking at you Archos and Norton Ink.

TS out
Members, want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes". and please read the guidelines, otherwise you may end up in Banlandia.

Google + and twitter user.
Click below for image/list of devices...

Old December 14th, 2010, 06:21 PM   #253 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE (AT&T)

Send a message via Yahoo to Rambler358

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
Of the two units I am looking to possibly buying, both are acting like children in a grown up world of selling, marketing and distribution. I'm looking at you Archos and Norton Ink.
Well, Notion Ink may have an excuse, as they're a child in the industry right now. Even so, I've already pre-ordered my Adam tablet.
Old December 14th, 2010, 06:49 PM   #254 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: T-Mobile

Well, I honestly can't say how great Archos is handling it since I don't know what kind of inventory they are getting. I do know that I found both Archos for sale from reputable sellers plenty in the past week. So it is out there.

Now I suppose if they are getting 20 tablets made and putting them up for sale it may be crazy. But if they are getting a load of them and just can't keep up with demand I honestly can't fault them too much.

I agree with the Adam tab though. Impressive looking device but that pre order is fairly sketchy and idk...I am thinking by the time we actually see that in a stable selling situation that there will be better options out there.
Old December 15th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #255 (permalink)
AF's janitor

Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 4,636 Times in 1,730 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com

Yeah it sketchy but i can see that happening with a startup company. it isn't like its a scam or anything of that nature, cause seriously, if it was, it would be the biggest longest playing multi company scam I've seen in a long time. Considering that the Pixel Qi company had stated that they do make the display for the norton Ink.

Anyway regardless this is a Archos section, I only wish that the Archos 7o or 101 had more memory. Speaking of which, much like windows being able to use flash drives as memory i wonder if Android can do the same, especially since the 101 has a usb port.

TS out
Old December 15th, 2010, 03:59 PM   #256 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5 32GB White, Pebble KickStarter Edition, Nexus 7 16GB, MK808b MiniPc
Carrier: GiffGaff

not as far as I have read, but people have had success using the internal (8 or 16gb) storage as a swap file of up to 512mb which apparently really helped with performance.
The Following User Says Thank You to CarsnGadgets For This Useful Post:
twospirits (December 15th, 2010)
Old December 16th, 2010, 08:01 AM   #257 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto X

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsnGadgets View Post
not as far as I have read, but people have had success using the internal (8 or 16gb) storage as a swap file of up to 512mb which apparently really helped with performance.
And how do i do this?
256 is KILLING me - I didnt realize how bad a 2.2 tab would be with 256, when my phone runs nearly perfectly on 512.
Tags
android, archos 101, tablet

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > ARCHOS 101