Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > ARCHOS 101

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 12th, 2011, 11:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Archos 70 Internet Tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Multiple download icons in status bar

On my Archos 28 (great little machine!), I have several "Download" icons stuck in the status bar. Probably downloads interrupted at some stage. How can I make them disappear without a factory reset?

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old April 13th, 2011, 12:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC G1. Moto Cliq. HTC MyTouch3Gslide. HTC MyTouch4G. HTC Sensation4G. HTC One S. HTC One.

Did you try rebooting?
Old April 13th, 2011, 12:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Sure, I did, to no effect.
Old April 13th, 2011, 12:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,428 Posts

Go to the 'MARKET' app & press/open each app to see if something is still attempting to download.I just had an app attempt to double download & had to cancel one of them to get a proper download.For myself,the 'MARKET' app has been very buggy lately,something odd or different almost every day,not very stable.Easily the most quirky/buggy app on my phone by far{Huawei Ascend}.
Old April 13th, 2011, 01:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Thanks. I don't have any market app except the App Center of androidpit.com, which I installed today, shortly before downloading one single app from there. That's when the problem started. When I click on the "My Apps" tab, App Center sees the apps I downloaded today (App Center itself + WavPlayer) and also sees that I have an app (Pure Calendar widget) which I had downloaded a few days ago through Google's Android Market (now uninstalled).

Should I now uninstall App Center, or try to remove these download icons beforehand?

Any other ideas?
Old April 13th, 2011, 02:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by popovski View Post
Thanks. I don't have any market app except the App Center of androidpit.com, which I installed today, shortly before downloading one single app from there. That's when the problem started. When I click on the "My Apps" tab, App Center sees the apps I downloaded today (App Center itself + WavPlayer) and also sees that I have an app (Pure Calendar widget) which I had downloaded a few days ago through Google's Android Market (now uninstalled).

Should I now uninstall App Center, or try to remove these download icons beforehand?

Any other ideas?

Your phone didn't come with the 'ANDROID MARKET'{by GOOGLE} installed?It's a system app on my phone,I just assumed it came pre-installed on all ANDROID phones.

Either way,sorry I couldn't have been of more assistance to you.Maybe try taking it back to the point of purchase,or,if you can do so by phone,have your carrier send a refresh signal to your phone.

EDIT:My apologies,I didn't look close enough, didn't realize you were talking about a tablet.However,don't tablets come pre-loaded w/the ANDROID MARKET ?
Last edited by KOLIO; April 13th, 2011 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Oops,I FUBAR'ed! ;)
Old April 13th, 2011, 04:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Solved my problem: it was just a matter of holding the "download" icons until the status bar turned wider, drag it down, select the 2 incriminated apps downloads. The "download" icons disappeared. Probably a basic Android move which I ignored.

Archos tablets come without Android Market. There is an app (gApps4Archos2.apk) which installs it (together with plenty of other Google apps), but these apps seem to bloat my tablet, so I had all the Google apps removed. The Archos 28 is the size of a business card!
Old April 13th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Glad you were able to solve your problem.The 'long press & hold' move helps solve most questions/problems with the Android Phones as well,usually resulting in a pop-up menu w/options.
The size of your tablet definitely makes it convenient to carry around @ all times.A definite PLUS when you don't feel like lugging around a full size tablet or laptop,sounds like a pretty cool device to have.
Old March 14th, 2012, 05:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Computer Dude

Device(s): LG G2 (D800) Rooted,,,(Wife's) HTC Desire 610
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by popovski View Post
Solved my problem: it was just a matter of holding the "download" icons until the status bar turned wider, drag it down, select the 2 incriminated apps downloads. The "download" icons disappeared. Probably a basic Android move which I ignored.

Archos tablets come without Android Market. There is an app (gApps4Archos2.apk) which installs it (together with plenty of other Google apps), but these apps seem to bloat my tablet, so I had all the Google apps removed. The Archos 28 is the size of a business card!
I was trying to get rid of the same download icons,Solved it with your method.Thanks popovski.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > ARCHOS 101