Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > ARCHOS 7

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 21st, 2011, 10:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default What do you use your Archos 7 HT for?

I just got an Archos 7 Home Tablet (v1 with 8GB) from Buy.com refurbished for my wife. It runs just fine and I have found no issues with it. Frankly I am impressed seeing I got it for sub $100. I really didn't know why I got it other than the really good deal, but after flashing it with a new firmware that made it faster and freed up more app space, I am wondering what my wife could use it for. So far this is what I have. Note, most of these apps came off either the Android Market or from freewarelovers.com. The freewarelovers website has older versions of the apps that still work on Cupcake.

Weather Channel - From freewarelovers. Got this because we hate huddling in the safe room waiting for a possible tornado to pass without being able to get updated weather alerts. As long as the power is on we still have an internet connection for updates!

Skyfire - From freewarelovers. An improved web browser over the Opera browser that comes with the firmware. There supposedly is a version that supports Flash, but I have yet to find it.

Pandora - I think I got this from the Market. For all your listening needs. One area the Archos shines in is multimedia playback.

YouTube - From freewarelovers. Older version works on Cupcake.

Color Note - This may have come with the Archos, or perhaps it was in the KD firmware I installed. Either way, it is invaluable for taking notes.

Solitaire - Well, it is one game the Archos 7 can play and not bog down.

Nethack - About the only other game the Archos 7 can play without bogging down.

Anywho, I figure my wife may be able to use the web browser with the kickstand to look up recipes online and display them while she cooks. She also uses it to check her gmail account, but not much more. Is there a really good use for a tablet or are they just a fad? What do you use yours for?

sponsored links
Tags
apps android, archos 7

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > ARCHOS 7