September 23rd, 2010, 08:49 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Nov 2008
Device(s): GS4, Excite 7.7, iPad 4, TF300, Nook HD+
Thanked 1,265 Times in 879 Posts
Archos 70 and 101 seem better deals than the Galaxy Tab...
1. 3640 is a general equal to the Hummingbird
2. 8gb, 16gb, or 250gb of space
3. Host function, so will read thumbdrives and the 101 will actually power an external USB drive. Also game controllers will work (if app will map of course).
4. Price (Tab is about three times more).
5. Archos has good build quality, so not a low-end product.
6. Products releasing in mid October.
7. Have Froyo and Flash 10.1
8. Full market expected, since previous models were all easy to add the full market.
9. The pricing better suits the almost yearly "even better product releases" cycle, so easier to upgrade. You can upgrade three times, compared to the cost curve of the Tab.
I ordered the Archos 101 for $333 delivered from J&R
1. 10" high res display
2. Full USB host function
3. 16gb built in plus micro sd slot
4. At least $500 less than the wifi only Tab and probably $587 less than the VZW 3G version (total two year cost).
Considered the 7", but book, comic reading and web are better experience with 10" display. added: The 7" Archos are 800X480 res and the 101 is same as Tab.
Last edited by rushmore; September 23rd, 2010 at 09:02 AM.