Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Tablets > ARCHOS 70

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 16th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: O2

Default Deleting Google data from Archos 70?

My son's new Archos 70 arrived and he's thrilled with it. Having used my HTC Desire he is aware of the Android Market and I said that I would put it on for him. I followed a video from YouTube by the Digital Digest and all went beautifully.
He had gone to bed by the time I had finished so when the Market showed up in the Apps I thought that I would sign in just to test that it worked. Wrong move! It immediately started syncing and has downloaded all my phone contacts, my calendar and goodness knows what else. Obviously he has no use for these.
I have turned off sync to my Google Account and have added his account. What is the safest way to delete all my data? I realise that I can reset the Archos to factory settings but he has already started setting it up so would like to avoid that if I can.
Any help appreciated!

sponsored links
Old February 16th, 2011, 10:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!

Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinmac1 View Post
My son's new Archos 70 arrived and he's thrilled with it. Having used my HTC Desire he is aware of the Android Market and I said that I would put it on for him. I followed a video from YouTube by the Digital Digest and all went beautifully.
He had gone to bed by the time I had finished so when the Market showed up in the Apps I thought that I would sign in just to test that it worked. Wrong move! It immediately started syncing and has downloaded all my phone contacts, my calendar and goodness knows what else. Obviously he has no use for these.
I have turned off sync to my Google Account and have added his account. What is the safest way to delete all my data? I realise that I can reset the Archos to factory settings but he has already started setting it up so would like to avoid that if I can.
Any help appreciated!
Try this:

From the home screen, press your menu button > Settings > Accounts & sync settings > select your google account (listed as your email address) > select Remove account (down at the bottom).

Reboot, and then go back to the same location and select "Add account" at the bottom of the screen. Now use your son's gmail account (if you don't have one...create one).

I've never tried to do this before but that should remove all associated contacts, market apps, etc. If that doesn't work...factory reset is next
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Thanks for the reply. I had already added my son's account and tried to delete mine. It won't let me delete and says that I have to do that via Settings>Privacy. I have no Privacy under Settings????!!!!!!!
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!

Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinmac1 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I had already added my son's account and tried to delete mine. It won't let me delete and says that I have to do that via Settings>Privacy. I have no Privacy under Settings????!!!!!!!
Don't have my tablet with me right now so I can't help look for that setting at the moment. I'll look tonight and see what I can find.

You can always reformat you device. I know you don't want to do that but if it's a pressing issue you need to handle now, you can go to Settings > Repair and Formatting > Either choose "Reset Android" or "Full reinitialization".
Old February 19th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

I ended up doing a full reinitialisation and all is now well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pinmac1 For This Useful Post:
UBRocked (February 19th, 2011)

Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Tablets > ARCHOS 70