November 2nd, 2010, 04:23 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern New Jersey
Device(s): HTC Aria (AT&T, Rooted)
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Redundant Repeat of Froyo 2.2 How To Instructions(includes missing steps)
While the Doc supplied pretty good instructions, he neglected to tell you how to get the Google Apps back on your phone! These instructions include that key element for those users who want the apps included!
Assumes Aria Phone is already rooted, and clockworkmod is already installed.
These instructions were copied directly from:
Full Update Guide - HTC Aria - CyanogenMod Wiki
Second Method (manual)
- Download the latest version of CyanogenMod.
- Optional: Download the corresponding Google Apps for the phone.*
- Place the CyanogenMod update.zip file on the root of the SD card.
- Optional: Place the Google Apps .zip on the root of the SD card also.
- Boot into the ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Once you enter ClockworkMod Recovery, use the side volume buttons to move around, and either the power button or the trackball to select.
- Select the option to Wipe data/factory reset.
- Then select the option to Wipe cache partition.
- Select Install zip from sdcard.
- Select Choose zip from sdcard.
- Select the CyanogenMod update.zip.
- Optional: Install the Google Apps by performing steps 7-9 again & choosing the Google Apps update.zip.*
- Once the installation has finished, select +++++Go Back+++++ to get back to the main menu, and select the Reboot system now option. Now the HTC Aria should boot into CyanogenMod.
Google Apps (commonly referred to as "GApps") installs applications such as Market, GMail, etc.