Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > HTC Aria > Aria - Support and Troubleshooting

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 25th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Getting "Unknown Sources"?

I read some forums on trying to get this. One said to update the phone to version 2.2 and the other said the phone is not capable of installing non-market apps. Help!

Advertisements
SuperNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 25th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 225
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNinja View Post
I read some forums on trying to get this. One said to update the phone to version 2.2 and the other said the phone is not capable of installing non-market apps. Help!
Once you update to the official AT&T Froyo update, then your phone will be in a position to receive a quiet OTA from AT&T that enables "Unknown Sources" option.

The other option is to upgrade to Froyo 2.2 and then run the AlphaRevX to gain S-OFF on your phone so you can root it and install a custom ROM that has the "Unknown Sources" enables, such as CM7, Liberated Aria 2.2, etc.
tpbklake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 10:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpbklake View Post
Once you update to the official AT&T Froyo update, then your phone will be in a position to receive a quiet OTA from AT&T that enables "Unknown Sources" option.

The other option is to upgrade to Froyo 2.2 and then run the AlphaRevX to gain S-OFF on your phone so you can root it and install a custom ROM that has the "Unknown Sources" enables, such as CM7, Liberated Aria 2.2, etc.
Noob Question... How do I do this?
SuperNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Nvm that. I already updated to 2.2 yesterday and whats a quiet OTA from AT&T.
SuperNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2011, 07:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 225
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNinja View Post
Nvm that. I already updated to 2.2 yesterday and whats a quiet OTA from AT&T.
A quiet OTA is sent to your phone and run automatically. You don't need to do anything. Just keeping checking and one day the 'Unknown Sources' checkbox will show up.
tpbklake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2011, 10:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpbklake View Post
A quiet OTA is sent to your phone and run automatically. You don't need to do anything. Just keeping checking and one day the 'Unknown Sources' checkbox will show up.
My friend said I need a data plan with AT&T which I don't for them to send me stuff. I am running on Wireless connection for internet. Is his advice correct?
SuperNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 07:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 225
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNinja View Post
My friend said I need a data plan with AT&T which I don't for them to send me stuff. I am running on Wireless connection for internet. Is his advice correct?
Yes, if you are not using a AT&T data connection then you probably won't get the silent OTA update.
tpbklake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > HTC Aria > Aria - Support and Troubleshooting
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.