Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Ascend > Ascend - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 21st, 2011, 01:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default How to Flash the Huawei Ascend to Stock

How to flash the Huawei Ascend back to Stock:

Note: All credit goes to semyazza at xda-developers site.

Huawei Ascend - Flash Back to Stock - xda-developers

HOWTO : Flash the Huawei Ascend to stock
by semyazza


These directions are for metroPCS the next post contains directions for Cricket

Fastboot Method
(Note:This method will work even if the phone will not start or go into recovery)

Download the Following Package:
MetroPCSStock Recovery Package with Scripts
678041208774eab0aed1005f287d71ab MetroStockRecover.7z

1)Attach phone to USB
2)Power Phone Off
3)Enter Fastboot (End Call + Volume Down - while phone turns on)
4)Run script relevant to your OS
metroPCSStock-linux.sh
metroPCSStock-mac.sh
metroPCSStock-windows.bat
5) Your phone will automatically reboot

WARNING: Only the linux version has been tested. All other versions should work though. DO NOT power off the phone during the process.


Nandroid Method
(Note:Working custom recovery is needed for this method)

Download the Following Package:
MetroPCS Stock Nandroid Backup (Phone Right Out of Box) (EDIT: This file is currently unavailable.)
663fab87380e87c8c158a2f5d0c4495e MetroPCSStock.7z

1) Place nandroid backup files into a directory on sdcard:
/nandroid/mem=211M/stock/
2) Boot into recovery (Send Call + Volume Up - while phone turns on)
3) Go to Backup/Restore.
4) Select Nand restore
5) Select mem=211M
6) Select folder named "stock"
7) Proceed with on screen instructions

__________________
Please read The Huawei Ascend Guide to more easily navigate this Forum.
Jazziette is offline  
Last edited by Scur; December 1st, 2011 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Fixed first link
Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Jazziette For This Useful Post:
AngelzLi (January 27th, 2012), camachousa (November 10th, 2011), Daniol (June 18th, 2011), dennis8492 (August 14th, 2012), DMajor239 (June 18th, 2011), eccentric88 (March 8th, 2011), flakoflame973 (February 2nd, 2012), hvrc (February 23rd, 2012), imsupersonic (June 2nd, 2011), Jpsantos (July 19th, 2011), NayGetMoney (April 27th, 2011), nelsonsdive (December 26th, 2011), reddogkgb (October 9th, 2011), septembersrain (May 24th, 2011), YouThere (April 16th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old February 21st, 2011, 01:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default Cricket Directions

These directions are for Cricket
the previous post contains directions for MetroPCS


Force Update Method
(Recommendation : When the OS of handsets could not start up successfully)

Download the Following Package:
Cricket Stock Recovery Package
d97ed410ffa518c689e2444d21007daa M860V100R001C153B251SP03.zip

1) Copy "dload" folder to SD card
2) Switch off the handset ,then press "Volume Control Upper Key +End Key+ Power Key"
3) Showing successful
4) Remove battery one second ,then power on ,waiting till the os start up


Normal Update Method

Download the Following Package:
Cricket Stock Recovery Package
d97ed410ffa518c689e2444d21007daa M860V100R001C153B251SP03.zip

1) Copy "dload" folder to SD card
2) Settings--SD card & Phone storage--Software Upgrade
Jazziette is offline  
Last edited by Scur; December 1st, 2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Fixed Bad Links
Reply With Quote
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Jazziette For This Useful Post:
chitownperri (May 31st, 2011), crslolbkr (March 28th, 2013), Diablo2k (June 11th, 2011), drake53545 (April 9th, 2011), id05dav (October 2nd, 2011), jman3086 (December 17th, 2011), kingjay2012 (May 2nd, 2011), KOLIO (February 21st, 2011), KRyan424 (May 31st, 2011), la sal (April 2nd, 2011), Lennatron (February 21st, 2011), logan1101 (February 26th, 2011), mkakemon (May 28th, 2011), money7412 (June 6th, 2012), Nythain (March 24th, 2011), r0ckstarr (March 3rd, 2011), radvaz11 (June 16th, 2011), romo82 (July 13th, 2011), Scur (June 23rd, 2011), septembersrain (March 5th, 2011), ventovic (February 21st, 2011), z_newb (February 26th, 2011)
Old February 21st, 2011, 01:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kannapolis, N.C.
Posts: 76
 
Device(s): HTC EVO 4g, Huawei Ascend, Kyocera Zio, Moto Droid, HTC Touch sprintdroid....All on Cricket
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 95
Thanked 31 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazziette View Post
These directions are for Cricket
the previous post contains directions for MetroPCS


Force Update Method
(Recommendation : When the OS of handsets could not start up successfully)

Download the Following Package:
Cricket Stock Recovery Package
d97ed410ffa518c689e2444d21007daa M860V100R001C153B251SP03.zip

1) Copy "dload" folder to SD card
2) Switch off the handset ,then press "Volume Control Upper Key +End Key+ Power Key"
3) Showing successful
4) Remove battery one second ,then power on ,waiting till the os start up


Normal Update Method

Download the Following Package:
Cricket Stock Recovery Package
d97ed410ffa518c689e2444d21007daa M860V100R001C153B251SP03.zip

1) Copy "dload" folder to SD card
2) Settings--SD card & Phone storage--Software Upgrade
Awesome thanks for the posts Jazz
ventovic is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ventovic For This Useful Post:
Diablo2k (June 11th, 2011), Jazziette (February 21st, 2011), z_newb (February 26th, 2011)
Old February 21st, 2011, 01:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

You're welcome, ventovic. We will put these threads in our trouble shooting section and hopefully it will help those who come here looking for help.

Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jazziette For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (February 21st, 2011), Lennatron (February 21st, 2011), ventovic (February 21st, 2011)
Old February 21st, 2011, 01:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kannapolis, N.C.
Posts: 76
 
Device(s): HTC EVO 4g, Huawei Ascend, Kyocera Zio, Moto Droid, HTC Touch sprintdroid....All on Cricket
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 95
Thanked 31 Times in 22 Posts
Default

cool deal jazz, and your always on your toe's with this info for us
ventovic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: East bay
Posts: 25
 
Device(s): huawei ascend metro pcs
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazziette View Post
How to flash the Huawei Ascend back to Stock:

Note: All credit goes to semyazza at xda-developers site.

Huawei Ascend - Flash Back to Stock - xda-developers

HOWTO : Flash the Huawei Ascend to stock
by semyazza


These directions are for metroPCS the next post contains directions for Cricket

Fastboot Method
(Note:This method will work even if the phone will not start or go into recovery)

Download the Following Package:
MetroPCSStock Recovery Package with Scripts
678041208774eab0aed1005f287d71ab MetroStockRecover.7z

1)Attach phone to USB
2)Power Phone Off
3)Enter Fastboot (End Call + Volume Down - while phone turns on)
4)Run script relevant to your OS
metroPCSStock-linux.sh
metroPCSStock-mac.sh
metroPCSStock-windows.bat
5) Your phone will automatically reboot

WARNING: Only the linux version has been tested. All other versions should work though. DO NOT power off the phone during the process.


Nandroid Method
(Note:Working custom recovery is needed for this method)

Download the Following Package:
MetroPCS Stock Nandroid Backup (Phone Right Out of Box)
663fab87380e87c8c158a2f5d0c4495e MetroPCSStock.7z

1) Place nandroid backup files into a directory on sdcard:
/nandroid/mem=211M/stock/
2) Boot into recovery (Send Call + Volume Up - while phone turns on)
3) Go to Backup/Restore.
4) Select Nand restore
5) Select mem=211M
6) Select folder named "stock"
7) Proceed with on screen instructions
didnt work for me
THH209 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Can you get to your CWR ?
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: East bay
Posts: 25
 
Device(s): huawei ascend metro pcs
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazziette View Post
Can you get to your CWR ?
no it just stays on the huawei screen
THH209 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THH209 View Post
no it just stays on the huawei screen
Are you pressing on the volume up button, the send button and tapping on the power button?

Try that and see if CWR comes up. And keep trying it. It should work.
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 20
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend 2.1, Rooted w/z4root, Ovrclk w/ SetCPU, Managed w/ Titanium Backup
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default cricket

i have a cricket huawei ascend that will NOT boot into recovery, and it wont do the "factory data reset" (that simply results in the phone rebooting). I hope the software upgrade method works for me i will try it when i get home today.
harrison47 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 25th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Good luck with that! If I were you I would flash back to stock and start from square one.

Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 11:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 57
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

If I flash back to stock do I have to do everything all over?....root and then install the icurus mod.
moogie522 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 01:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,325
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,116
Thanked 1,442 Times in 1,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogie522 View Post
If I flash back to stock do I have to do everything all over?....root and then install the icurus mod.
Yes
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gmash For This Useful Post:
moogie522 (February 27th, 2011)
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I am trying to revive an ascend for a friend. It is a MetroPCS version She was cleaning it with a wet wipe and it no longer boots. It stops at the "android" boot screen It will enter fastboot and I used the flash bat from XP everything finished with OKAY, but it still boots no further than "android" I tried booting to recovery but all I get is a solid magenta screen I have a captivate so I am familiar with the concepts even if the phone has different methods Is this Ascend dead? I am willing to disassemble it if needed, just point me at a guide

***

Device manager shows an "Android Sooner Single ADB Interface"
when I enter fastboot and plug it in.
however, adb devices lists nothing, not even a ?
Mahasamatman is offline  
Last edited by Mahasamatman; February 27th, 2011 at 12:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

@ Mahasamatman

Did you take out the battery and make sure you got any excess moisture out of the phone. I would leave the battery out overnight and then put it back in and let it charge for another 24 hours. Then see if it works okay.

Good luck with it.
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 08:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

It happened weeks ago.
I got the phone after she let it sit for over a month

I did put it in a bag of silica gel to dry it out, but it didnt help

I just got word from Huawei that I will have to take it back to MPCS, they dont do their own warranty like Samsung, since she has already had the phone at the store once I am sure it is already in the system as nonreturnable so I am starting to think I will have to disassemble it to get it to work since it probly has corrosion on the smd's
any links to a teardown?

also I am thinking of trying a force flash to Cricket just to get it to boot so I can install clockwork and get a working MPCS rom on it
is that crazy talk?
Mahasamatman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 10:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahasamatman View Post

also I am thinking of trying a force flash to Cricket just to get it to boot so I can install clockwork and get a working MPCS rom on it
is that crazy talk?
It doesn't make a lot of sense to me....LOL

You can download force upgrade files directly from the Huawei site by going here:

Service Center - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

Here is the download for Eclair:

http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcpsdownload/downLoadCenter?category=&flay=software&fileName=11 0121100134.zip&attachmentName=kernel-2.6.29-M860-Eclair.zip
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jazziette For This Useful Post:
Mahasamatman (March 1st, 2011)
Old March 1st, 2011, 03:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazziette View Post
It doesn't make a lot of sense to me....LOL

You can download force upgrade files directly from the Huawei site by going here:
Thanks!

is that a generic, mpcs, or cricket rom?
Mahasamatman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 03:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahasamatman View Post
Thanks!

is that a generic, mpcs, or cricket rom?
Generic. Directly from the Manufacturer.
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jazziette For This Useful Post:
Mahasamatman (March 1st, 2011)
Old March 2nd, 2011, 02:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

so that eclair file is source to compile?
it does not look line the force update file I got for a cricket
and the huawei site does not list any files for the ascend/m860

I guess I will try the cricket update at this point, unless I hear different
Mahasamatman is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 2nd, 2011, 03:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

The Huawei Faqs manual says to go there if you need to re-download it. That's where I got the link.
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2011, 03:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

well the cricket force update looked like it was working
but I end up in the same "android" screen that follows the Huawei screen
and I get no further than I did when the phone showed up

any advice at all at this point is welcome
thank you

I have learned that it may have gotten damp from cleaning wipes
now I want to see if I can take it apart and find corrosion to clean
anyone know of a teardown?
Mahasamatman is offline  
Last edited by Mahasamatman; March 2nd, 2011 at 04:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2011, 04:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahasamatman View Post
I am trying to revive an ascend for a friend. It is a MetroPCS version She was cleaning it with a wet wipe and it no longer boots. It stops at the "android" boot screen It will enter fastboot and I used the flash bat from XP everything finished with OKAY, but it still boots no further than "android" I tried booting to recovery but all I get is a solid magenta screen I have a captivate so I am familiar with the concepts even if the phone has different methods Is this Ascend dead? I am willing to disassemble it if needed, just point me at a guide

***

Device manager shows an "Android Sooner Single ADB Interface"
when I enter fastboot and plug it in.
however, adb devices lists nothing, not even a ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahasamatman View Post
It happened weeks ago.
I got the phone after she let it sit for over a month

I did put it in a bag of silica gel to dry it out, but it didnt help

I just got word from Huawei that I will have to take it back to MPCS, they dont do their own warranty like Samsung, since she has already had the phone at the store once I am sure it is already in the system as nonreturnable so I am starting to think I will have to disassemble it to get it to work since it probly has corrosion on the smd's
any links to a teardown?

also I am thinking of trying a force flash to Cricket just to get it to boot so I can install clockwork and get a working MPCS rom on it
is that crazy talk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahasamatman View Post
well the cricket force update looked like it was working
but I end up in the same "android" screen that follows the Huawei screen
and I get no further than I did when the phone showed up

any advice at all at this point is welcome
thank you
At this point.....the only advice I have is to tell her to stay away from the wet wipes on her new phone!

Sorry it didn't work!
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jazziette For This Useful Post:
Mahasamatman (March 2nd, 2011)
Old March 5th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My M860 is Metro PCS and when I press the 3 buttons and boot, it gives a directory with choices. There is nothing that says backup or restore. That is what i need to install the files from the SD card directory as directed. Can someone please tell me the exact wording of the choices on that menu I am to choose? I see :

reboot system now
apply sdcard;update.zip
wip data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

I do not see anything that says to backup or restore. HELP
FishDeeva is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 04:57 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 421
 
Device(s): Boost Galaxy S2 HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 44
Thanked 157 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahasamatman View Post
well the cricket force update looked like it was working
but I end up in the same "android" screen that follows the Huawei screen
and I get no further than I did when the phone showed up

any advice at all at this point is welcome
thank you

I have learned that it may have gotten damp from cleaning wipes
now I want to see if I can take it apart and find corrosion to clean
anyone know of a teardown?

How long have you let it try to boot up after flashing it? The first boot can take 15 minutes.
Anduiril is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 05:00 AM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 421
 
Device(s): Boost Galaxy S2 HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 44
Thanked 157 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishDeeva View Post
My M860 is Metro PCS and when I press the 3 buttons and boot, it gives a directory with choices. There is nothing that says backup or restore. That is what i need to install the files from the SD card directory as directed. Can someone please tell me the exact wording of the choices on that menu I am to choose? I see :

reboot system now
apply sdcard;update.zip
wip data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

I do not see anything that says to backup or restore. HELP

If you have the zip file on your sd card then use the apply sd card option. Let us know if it works.
Anduiril is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:05 AM   #27 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduiril View Post
How long have you let it try to boot up after flashing it? The first boot can take 15 minutes.
I let it sit at the screen for at least 30min while I did something else

it has been taken apart now,
Ascend Inside: a teardown - MyAscend Forum

I am planning on trying to clean the crud off the smd's
Mahasamatman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:07 AM   #28 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishDeeva View Post
My M860 is Metro PCS and when I press the 3 buttons and boot, it gives a directory with choices. There is nothing that says backup or restore. That is what i need to install the files from the SD card directory as directed. Can someone please tell me the exact wording of the choices on that menu I am to choose? I see :

reboot system now
apply sdcard;update.zip
wip data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

I do not see anything that says to backup or restore. HELP
you havent installed clockwork recovery yet
that is why you dont have the nandroid options
Mahasamatman is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mahasamatman For This Useful Post:
Jazziette (March 6th, 2011)
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (rooted), Samsung Indulge (rooted), Huawei Mercury (rooted)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi i am trying to reinstall canvas on my huawei ascend bcus i cannot get to my phone settings or some of my widgets. I have read the threads on how to do. On the canvas thread i was able to put the file on my phone but when i tried to install it it would say application not installed. I also tried to flash back to stock but when i try to open the updata.app file through my sd card it says it cannot be opened. Do i need to unroot or what? Can anyone help me through the process please and thank you?
Ladya90 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 10:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Jazziette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 2,053
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 700
Thanked 805 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Did you uninstall Canvas with Titanium Backup Pro? And if so, did you back it up first? ( I hope!)

Try going to TiBu and clicking on menu and then batch. It should give you the option to restore your Canvas. Just try restoring the one app and not all the rest.

If that doesn't help you may have to unroot and do a hard reset.

Good luck with it and welcome to our happy little forum!
Jazziette is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jazziette For This Useful Post:
Ladya90 (March 7th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old March 7th, 2011, 09:38 AM   #31 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend (rooted), Samsung Indulge (rooted), Huawei Mercury (rooted)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks so much for the help i was able to return the phone to stock the threads are a big help thanks again!
Ladya90 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): Huawei ascend metropcs
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazziette View Post
How to flash the Huawei Ascend back to Stock:

Note: All credit goes to semyazza at xda-developers site.

Huawei Ascend - Flash Back to Stock - xda-developers

HOWTO : Flash the Huawei Ascend to stock
by semyazza


These directions are for metroPCS the next post contains directions for Cricket

Fastboot Method
(Note:This method will work even if the phone will not start or go into recovery)

Download the Following Package:
MetroPCSStock Recovery Package with Scripts
678041208774eab0aed1005f287d71ab MetroStockRecover.7z

1)Attach phone to USB
2)Power Phone Off
3)Enter Fastboot (End Call + Volume Down - while phone turns on)
4)Run script relevant to your OS
metroPCSStock-linux.sh
metroPCSStock-mac.sh
metroPCSStock-windows.bat
5) Your phone will automatically reboot

WARNING: Only the linux version has been tested. All other versions should work though. DO NOT power off the phone during the process.


Nandroid Method
(Note:Working custom recovery is needed for this method)

Download the Following Package:
MetroPCS Stock Nandroid Backup (Phone Right Out of Box)
663fab87380e87c8c158a2f5d0c4495e MetroPCSStock.7z

1) Place nandroid backup files into a directory on sdcard:
/nandroid/mem=211M/stock/
2) Boot into recovery (Send Call + Volume Up - while phone turns on)
3) Go to Backup/Restore.
4) Select Nand restore
5) Select mem=211M
6) Select folder named "stock"
7) Proceed with on screen instructions
this is not working for me at all im doing the first one....help please!!!
eccentric88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #33 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): Huawei ascend metropcs
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

just stays on the huawei screen
eccentric88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #34 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): Huawei ascend metropcs
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Help someone please!!!
eccentric88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokenpoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,057
 
Device(s): sgsIII, pure stock samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 dualbooting stock and pacrom Lg F6 rooted SgS3 4.3 ro
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 297
Thanked 1,104 Times in 600 Posts
Secondgenmonkey@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric88 View Post
Help someone please!!!
what computer are you using? you may have to pull your battery for ten seconds too... usb unplugged of course.
Tokenpoke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2011, 05:11 PM   #36 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default thanks

thanks so much for this thread i rooted my phone an deleted a required system app thought my phone was a gonner but for those who is having problems try holding the volume up + end key+ then press power you will get a screen an the led buttons will flash reienstalling the rom only takes a few min
ko08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ko08 For This Useful Post:
freshlifefred1 (June 30th, 2011)
Old March 14th, 2011, 06:53 PM   #37 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Flashing my Huawei

I was thrilled when I came across this post. In desperate need to flash my Huawei in to stock, I attempted to follow your instructions, step by step...I downloaded and then had to unzip the download and moved it to my sd card. I can see the files. Then did a fast boot...my options are reboot, update via sd card, clear data/reset, and clear cache. I am not getting the option to choose scripts. Am I doing something wrong? Can you please help me figure it out? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazziette View Post
How to flash the Huawei Ascend back to Stock:

Note: All credit goes to semyazza at xda-developers site.

Huawei Ascend - Flash Back to Stock - xda-developers

HOWTO : Flash the Huawei Ascend to stock
by semyazza


These directions are for metroPCS the next post contains directions for Cricket

Fastboot Method
(Note:This method will work even if the phone will not start or go into recovery)

Download the Following Package:
MetroPCSStock Recovery Package with Scripts
678041208774eab0aed1005f287d71ab MetroStockRecover.7z

1)Attach phone to USB
2)Power Phone Off
3)Enter Fastboot (End Call + Volume Down - while phone turns on)
4)Run script relevant to your OS
metroPCSStock-linux.sh
metroPCSStock-mac.sh
metroPCSStock-windows.bat
5) Your phone will automatically reboot

WARNING: Only the linux version has been tested. All other versions should work though. DO NOT power off the phone during the process.


Nandroid Method
(Note:Working custom recovery is needed for this method)

Download the Following Package:
MetroPCS Stock Nandroid Backup (Phone Right Out of Box)
663fab87380e87c8c158a2f5d0c4495e MetroPCSStock.7z

1) Place nandroid backup files into a directory on sdcard:
/nandroid/mem=211M/stock/
2) Boot into recovery (Send Call + Volume Up - while phone turns on)
3) Go to Backup/Restore.
4) Select Nand restore
5) Select mem=211M
6) Select folder named "stock"
7) Proceed with on screen instructions
catrains is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2011, 04:56 AM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 421
 
Device(s): Boost Galaxy S2 HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 44
Thanked 157 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrains View Post
I was thrilled when I came across this post. In desperate need to flash my Huawei in to stock, I attempted to follow your instructions, step by step...I downloaded and then had to unzip the download and moved it to my sd card. I can see the files. Then did a fast boot...my options are reboot, update via sd card, clear data/reset, and clear cache. I am not getting the option to choose scripts. Am I doing something wrong? Can you please help me figure it out? Thanks.

Which method are you trying? If it's the first then I don't think you are supposed to copy the unzipped file to your sd card I think you are supposed to run the scripts from your computer and it will do the rest. For the second you have to have a custom recovery installed and there are no scripts.
Why are you flashing back to stock? We may be able to help you another way with less trouble.
Anduiril is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 05:17 PM   #39 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey before I go back to stock I have a question. I noticed when I installed Icarus I lost quite a bit of space when I partitioned my card. When I go back to stock what are the steps so I can clear partition to get this space back. I actually want it to be like out of the box when I got the Ascend.

Thanks!
tampametal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 05:32 PM   #40 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Oh by the way I have CWR installed (thats what partitioned it in the first place) I guess my question is if I do the restore on the computer can I remove partition that way to get all my sdcard space back? If yes or no please tell me how to go about this. Again Thanks!
tampametal is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 24th, 2011, 01:59 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 421
 
Device(s): Boost Galaxy S2 HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 44
Thanked 157 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampametal View Post
Oh by the way I have CWR installed (thats what partitioned it in the first place) I guess my question is if I do the restore on the computer can I remove partition that way to get all my sdcard space back? If yes or no please tell me how to go about this. Again Thanks!

If you flash back to stock reformat your sd card (after flashing) and it will be back to normal.
Anduiril is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 11:43 PM   #42 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I could really use some help. I have Clockwork recover v3... and Im trying to do a stock restore (or preferibly simply a restore of a backup or install icarus) but

1.) The restore of the backup I made is successful but boot gets stuck at "android" boot screen.

2.) I copied the dload file from the OP to the root of my sd card per instructions and hold volume up, power, and call buttons, but instead of getting a progress bar for the installation of the stock rom, I get the Clockwork recovery screen.

3.) I tried to install Icarus rom from my sd card in the usual way via instructions from the developers page. But the rom still gets stuck at the "android" boot screen. I now understand that CWR v3... isnt the required version and would love to downgrade to the required one but haven't been able to find out how to do that after hours of searching and trying everything.

I am not new to installing roms as I do it often on my verizon droid so my mistake isnt likely to be a noob one but I could be mistaken.

Any help would be appreciated as this is my friend's phone and I would rather not have broken it. Thanks!
jduvall1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 12:47 AM   #43 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokenpoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,057
 
Device(s): sgsIII, pure stock samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 dualbooting stock and pacrom Lg F6 rooted SgS3 4.3 ro
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 297
Thanked 1,104 Times in 600 Posts
Secondgenmonkey@gmail.com
Default

Try installing cwm through the "installing cwm recovery from your desktop" thread.
Tokenpoke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 01:42 AM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 421
 
Device(s): Boost Galaxy S2 HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 44
Thanked 157 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jduvall1 View Post
I could really use some help. I have Clockwork recover v3... and Im trying to do a stock restore (or preferibly simply a restore of a backup or install icarus) but

1.) The restore of the backup I made is successful but boot gets stuck at "android" boot screen.

2.) I copied the dload file from the OP to the root of my sd card per instructions and hold volume up, power, and call buttons, but instead of getting a progress bar for the installation of the stock rom, I get the Clockwork recovery screen.

3.) I tried to install Icarus rom from my sd card in the usual way via instructions from the developers page. But the rom still gets stuck at the "android" boot screen. I now understand that CWR v3... isnt the required version and would love to downgrade to the required one but haven't been able to find out how to do that after hours of searching and trying everything.

I am not new to installing roms as I do it often on my verizon droid so my mistake isnt likely to be a noob one but I could be mistaken.

Any help would be appreciated as this is my friend's phone and I would rather not have broken it. Thanks!

For Icarus there is a link on the 2nd post (i think) of the Icarus 1.1 thread for CWM 2.5. It is CWM Recovery.zip or something close. Sorry but I'm replying from my phone and can't give you the direct link.
Anduiril is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 160
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend M860 CM7.2, 320PRL+V6supercharger (MetroPOS) ZTE Score, Rooted ZTE Avid 4G
Carrier: MetroPOS

Thanks: 60
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to AndroidFan420
Exclamation cant open .7z file

my laptop has windows 7 i cant open .7z files how on earth do i open them
AndroidFan420 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:01 PM   #46 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokenpoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,057
 
Device(s): sgsIII, pure stock samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 dualbooting stock and pacrom Lg F6 rooted SgS3 4.3 ro
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 297
Thanked 1,104 Times in 600 Posts
Secondgenmonkey@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidFan420 View Post
my laptop has windows 7 i cant open .7z files how on earth do i open them
you don't open them, they go on your phone.
Tokenpoke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:12 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 160
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend M860 CM7.2, 320PRL+V6supercharger (MetroPOS) ZTE Score, Rooted ZTE Avid 4G
Carrier: MetroPOS

Thanks: 60
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to AndroidFan420
Default

yeah i just figured that out now it says to put the file in a specific lication wich i cant find ne idea where it is?

1) Place nandroid backup files into a directory on sdcard:
/nandroid/mem=211M/stock/
AndroidFan420 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #48 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokenpoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,057
 
Device(s): sgsIII, pure stock samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 dualbooting stock and pacrom Lg F6 rooted SgS3 4.3 ro
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 297
Thanked 1,104 Times in 600 Posts
Secondgenmonkey@gmail.com
Default

you need to make a nandroid boot using a custom recover method such as cwm.
you make the folder yourself
fast boot works better imo.
Tokenpoke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 160
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend M860 CM7.2, 320PRL+V6supercharger (MetroPOS) ZTE Score, Rooted ZTE Avid 4G
Carrier: MetroPOS

Thanks: 60
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to AndroidFan420
Default

Fastboot Method
(Note:This method will work even if the phone will not start or go into recovery)
Download the Following Package:
MetroPCSStock Recovery Package with Scripts
678041208774eab0aed1005f287d71ab MetroStockRecover.7z

1)Attach phone to USB
2)Power Phone Off
3)Enter Fastboot (End Call + Volume Down - while phone turns on)
4)Run script relevant to your OS
metroPCSStock-linux.sh
metroPCSStock-mac.sh
metroPCSStock-windows.bat
5) Your phone will automatically reboot

why does it say to open file if i cannot
AndroidFan420 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #50 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokenpoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,057
 
Device(s): sgsIII, pure stock samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 dualbooting stock and pacrom Lg F6 rooted SgS3 4.3 ro
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 297
Thanked 1,104 Times in 600 Posts
Secondgenmonkey@gmail.com
Default

hmm... hold on...
Tokenpoke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
boot animation changer, huawei ascend icarus, huawei ascend metropcs 2.2 update froyo android, wifi problems


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Ascend > Ascend - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.