Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700T

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Tinkerman61
  • 1 Post By peterc10
  • 1 Post By peterc10

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sad Synching TF700T to PC

Hi Guys, new to this forum.

Have a TF700T and love it but I have a problem with synching it. I have tried synching it to the PC with no apparent luck. Connect it via the supplied cable with Asus Synch appearing on the PC screen and the PC sees it and connects. Synch is switched on, the 700 side. When I try to synch Calender and Contacts the Asus Synch screen says it is doing exactly that but nothing appears to happen on the 700 side. Does anybody know where the Calender and Contacts go to on the 700, besides the obvious and is there a next step involved to have the Contacts at least show up where they are supposed to.

Any help is appreciated.

Advertisements
Rothbury is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator
 
jhawkkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 10,324
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook w/ HSPA+, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 3,154
Thanked 7,007 Times in 3,773 Posts
Default

Hello and welcome to the forums. I've personally never used the Asus sync tool, but perhaps you could try syncing your contacts and calendar through your google/gmail account. I find that to be very helpful because you can do it on the computer, and most of it will automatically sync right up to your tab without any additional effort.
jhawkkw is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Well , yes that might work but I am using Outlook and I don't really want to go messing around with other programs if the 700 is supposed to synch simply by connecting it to the PC. If your suggestion becomes the only way to do it then I shall. Thanks.
Rothbury is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Moderator
 
jhawkkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 10,324
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook w/ HSPA+, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 3,154
Thanked 7,007 Times in 3,773 Posts
Default

MS Exchange and android has always been tricky. The android stock email app can do it, but it's quite horrible imo. A lot of people recommend using an app called touchdown, but this is a rather expensive app.
jhawkkw is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Asus Infinity Tab TF700T
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I have been using the app 'My Phone Explorer' to sync non-enterprise Outlook with both my GS3 and my TF700 with no issues. There is a program that installs on your PC and an app that runs on your tablet/phone and syncs wirelessly through your router.
Rothbury likes this.
Tinkerman61 is offline  
Last edited by Tinkerman61; January 12th, 2013 at 02:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkerman61 For This Useful Post:
Rothbury (March 28th, 2013)
Old March 22nd, 2013, 09:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerman61 View Post
I have been using the app 'My Phone Explorer' to sync non-enterprise Outlook with both my GS3 and my TF700 with no issues. There is a program that installs on your PC and an app that runs on your tablet/phone and syncs wirelessly through your router.
But I don't see how this helps with my tablet. Does it work for tablets as well as phones?

Thanx
Rothbury is online now  
Last edited by Rothbury; March 23rd, 2013 at 10:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 699
 
Device(s): Nexus 5 phone (Giffgaff UK), Asus tf300t tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 84
Thanked 77 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Well he clearly says it works with his tf700, which is the same tablet as yours. Why not try it since it is free. Look in the app store.
__________________
Peter
Nexus 5 phone (Giffgaff UK)
Asus tf300 tablet
peterc10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterc10 View Post
Well he clearly says it works with his tf700, which is the same tablet as yours. Why not try it since it is free. Look in the app store.
OK, Well I did that and it looks like it works with the PC/TF700T, However I seem to have the same problem again.

Phoneexplorer connects to the tablet and starts transferring the contacts, notes and calender. Does not give me an error message so I assume it has transferred the data to the tablet. However when I go into the Outlook email on the tablet and click on contacts, there is nothing there. It has transferred the calender tho.

I am thinking that the only way around it is to remove the outlook account and then add it again to synch it with the server.

Any ideas?

By the way phoneexplorer does look like a very good tool.
Rothbury is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 02:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 699
 
Device(s): Nexus 5 phone (Giffgaff UK), Asus tf300t tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 84
Thanked 77 Times in 71 Posts
Default

There is no "Outlook" email app on the tablet. Microsoft have consistently refused to provide Office apps for Android. There loss because there are now plenty out there to buy. What email app are you using?

Easiest way to check if the contacts are saved is to go into the stock People app. That is where they will be listed if they have synced across.

I use Google to sync my calender, it is much easier than syncing directly with the PC. You can get a little app for your PC from Google that syncs Outlook calendar (and contacts if you want) automatically. I have it set to sync every 30 minutes (you can alter it). So anything I put into my Outlook, phone or tablet calenders automatically syncs to the others wherever I am.

My tf300 has now effectively replaced my laptop, which sits on its docking station on my desk all the time. Now whenever I go out I take the tf300.
Rothbury likes this.
peterc10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterc10 View Post
There is no "Outlook" email app on the tablet. Microsoft have consistently refused to provide Office apps for Android. There loss because there are now plenty out there to buy. What email app are you using?

Easiest way to check if the contacts are saved is to go into the stock People app. That is where they will be listed if they have synced across.

I use Google to sync my calender, it is much easier than syncing directly with the PC. You can get a little app for your PC from Google that syncs Outlook calendar (and contacts if you want) automatically. I have it set to sync every 30 minutes (you can alter it). So anything I put into my Outlook, phone or tablet calenders automatically syncs to the others wherever I am.

My tf300 has now effectively replaced my laptop, which sits on its docking station on my desk all the time. Now whenever I go out I take the tf300.
Hi thanks.

The contacts have definitely come across cause when I go to send an email and I type in the first couple characters it brings up the list of contacts. I have three email accounts on the tablet, gmail, yahoo and my main one, " "Outlook" thru my ISP. I guess I was just expecting the contacts to be listed similar to the way they are listed in Outlook. Still trying to distance my thinking between Windows and Android. I will have a look at the People App. What is that App you have for auto synching?
Rothbury is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 27th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 699
 
Device(s): Nexus 5 phone (Giffgaff UK), Asus tf300t tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 84
Thanked 77 Times in 71 Posts
Default

It won't be "outlook" from your ISP. All it will probably be is you using the Asus stock email app to download emails from your ISP. That is not a very good app. I would suggest you have a look at what else is available - I use Kaiten, but there are plenty of others, both free and paid for.

The People app is already on your machine. Just go into apps (6 little squares in top right) and you will find it.

You do not need an app on your tablet (or phone) to set up syncing to Google calendar. Just go into Settings then either Sync and choose Google or Accounts/Google (depends what version of Android you have). Either way you can then tick what you want syncing (calendar, contacts etc)

If you want Google calendar to sync with your Outlook calendar on your PC then, on your PC, go into your Google account with your internet browser. Go into calendar and then have a look around and you will find a link to the software to install to your PC to make that happen. Can't remember where because I set it up 6 months or so ago.
Rothbury likes this.
peterc10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peterc10 For This Useful Post:
Rothbury (March 28th, 2013)
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterc10 View Post
It won't be "outlook" from your ISP. All it will probably be is you using the Asus stock email app to download emails from your ISP. That is not a very good app. I would suggest you have a look at what else is available - I use Kaiten, but there are plenty of others, both free and paid for.

The People app is already on your machine. Just go into apps (6 little squares in top right) and you will find it.

You do not need an app on your tablet (or phone) to set up syncing to Google calendar. Just go into Settings then either Sync and choose Google or Accounts/Google (depends what version of Android you have). Either way you can then tick what you want syncing (calendar, contacts etc)

If you want Google calendar to sync with your Outlook calendar on your PC then, on your PC, go into your Google account with your internet browser. Go into calendar and then have a look around and you will find a link to the software to install to your PC to make that happen. Can't remember where because I set it up 6 months or so ago.
OK shall do that. Thanks for all your help. Just one last question. Phone explorer transfers "Notes" as well. Can you tell me where they reside on the TF700t.
Rothbury is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 04:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 699
 
Device(s): Nexus 5 phone (Giffgaff UK), Asus tf300t tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 84
Thanked 77 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Can't help you with the notes I am afraid, and I do not use the app so cannot check. All I can suggest is you use File Manager to look through and find the myphone explorer file and see if they show up there. I use AK notepad for notes so you could install that free and see if it picks them up.
peterc10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): Samsung G3 4LTE Asus Infinity TF700T
Carrier: US Cellular

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to jknutter
Default

Are you still having problems with My Phone Explorer and your TF700T? I have no problem syncing my contacts between Outlook 2010 and my Asus. Connect your tablet and double check your settings in My Phone Explorer. Under sync select your outlook program for contacts and Calendars. I also cannot help with Note as I don't use it either. Oh and also make sure under the Settings - then Sync that the Sync protocol is IrMC-Sync. Hope this helps if you are still having an issue.
jknutter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700T
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.