Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700T

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sikclown

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 14th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Victory 4lte, Asus transformer pad TF700
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Asus Transformer pad tf 700, Zune?

I recently bought the Asus transformer pad tf 700. It is an amazing tablet i bought it with the keyboard so i have access to a usb slot and sd card holder. I was hoping to put all of my music onto a 128 gb sd card so then id have no use for my laptop. Once i have all my music on my tablet i was hoping to buy a zune, prefered the 120 gb mp3 player version. But would i be able to upload and manage my music, videos and what not on the zune through my Asus tablet?
Please help

Advertisements
connorb89 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 14th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator
 
jhawkkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 10,285
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook w/ HSPA+, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 3,143
Thanked 6,953 Times in 3,750 Posts
Default Re: Asus Transformer pad tf 700, Zune?

I'm not sure how the Zune gets read. The tablet might read it as external storage, which case it might work. If it doesn't, then probably not.
__________________
Site Rules/Guidelines / Meet the Team
If something needs attention, Report it .
If someone helped you, hit to show it.

Current Devices: Nexus 5, HP 14 Chromebook (Data Enabled), Google Glass, (2013) LTE Nexus 7, Chromecast
Retired: Samsung Fascinate, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus, (2012) WiFi Nexus 7, Asus TF700, Nexus 4, Logitech Revue
jhawkkw is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,903
 
Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Thanks: 410
Thanked 960 Times in 599 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorb89 View Post
I recently bought the Asus transformer pad tf 700. It is an amazing tablet i bought it with the keyboard so i have access to a usb slot and sd card holder. I was hoping to put all of my music onto a 128 gb sd card so then id have no use for my laptop. Once i have all my music on my tablet i was hoping to buy a zune, prefered the 120 gb mp3 player version. But would i be able to upload and manage my music, videos and what not on the zune through my Asus tablet?
Please help
No, The Zune, much like the iPod with iTunes, can only be managed through the Zune Software on a PC. Also worth noting the Zune is at end of life (Microsoft has killed it) so no support will be offered on it. How may songs do you have? You may be better off getting everything into Google Music (Up to 25,000 songs) and having then using your phone as your MP3 player (depending on your phone). If you are like me and have over 40,000 songs you can also sign up for Amazon Cloud Player for 24.99 per year and have up to 250,000 songs uploaded to the cloud plus unlimited purchases. Both Google Music and Amazon MP3 have Android apps available for your tablet and phone if you have an Android. I have a Zune HD that I love but Microsoft ruined it and I have moved to my phone handling all my music via bluetooth to my Car and Home Stereo system.
jhawkkw likes this.
sikclown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Victory 4lte, Asus transformer pad TF700
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
No, The Zune, much like the iPod with iTunes, can only be managed through the Zune Software on a PC. Also worth noting the Zune is at end of life (Microsoft has killed it) so no support will be offered on it. How may songs do you have? You may be better off getting everything into Google Music (Up to 25,000 songs) and having then using your phone as your MP3 player (depending on your phone). If you are like me and have over 40,000 songs you can also sign up for Amazon Cloud Player for 24.99 per year and have up to 250,000 songs uploaded to the cloud plus unlimited purchases. Both Google Music and Amazon MP3 have Android apps available for your tablet and phone if you have an Android. I have a Zune HD that I love but Microsoft ruined it and I have moved to my phone handling all my music via bluetooth to my Car and Home Stereo system.
I have about 90 GB of music.
I was hoping to get the samsung galaxy mp3 player with a 64 gb micro sd card. Would you say this is a good product.
Also does amazon cloud and google music need the internet to play the music.
With my phone itshouldnt be a issue because i have 3g but i am concerned of it freezing up.
Thankyou for your helpful feedback!
connorb89 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,903
 
Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Thanks: 410
Thanked 960 Times in 599 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorb89 View Post
I have about 90 GB of music.
I was hoping to get the samsung galaxy mp3 player with a 64 gb micro sd card. Would you say this is a good product.
Also does amazon cloud and google music need the internet to play the music.
With my phone itshouldnt be a issue because i have 3g but i am concerned of it freezing up.
Thankyou for your helpful feedback!
I am not sure about the Samsung Galaxy player. Depending on your area, Carrier, and coverage 3g should be perfectly fine to stream music but with both you can also save music to your internal storage, such as playlists.
sikclown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Moderator
 
jhawkkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 10,285
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook w/ HSPA+, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 3,143
Thanked 6,953 Times in 3,750 Posts
Default Re: Asus Transformer pad tf 700, Zune?

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorb89 View Post
I have about 90 GB of music.
I was hoping to get the samsung galaxy mp3 player with a 64 gb micro sd card. Would you say this is a good product.
Also does amazon cloud and google music need the internet to play the music.
With my phone itshouldnt be a issue because i have 3g but i am concerned of it freezing up.
Thankyou for your helpful feedback!
Yes and no. By default it needs Internet, but you can pin songs to cache for offline play. This will be stored on internal memory so you're limited to the size of your phone. You probably won't be able to pin everything, but quite a few. 90gb might take a while to upload.
jhawkkw is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Victory 4lte, Asus transformer pad TF700
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey thankyou guy, I think im just gonna go with the Samsung Galaxy Mp3 Player.
connorb89 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
asus, asus tranformer, zune


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700T
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.