Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > ASUS Transformer Pad 300

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 11th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): ASUS Transformer Pad 300TF
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Can't complete Install of Adobe Flash

I got my wife an ASUS Transformer Pad 300 and I'm setting it up for her. I've got 25 years experience in Windows but I'm totally new to Android. The tablet is very impressive, light and easy to handle. Great display as far as I can tell. But the browser installation is incomplete because Flash needs to get installed. The install process hangs up at the end when it asks for an "alternative email address" in case you lose passwords in the future, and at the same time you're asked to pick a question out of list of 4 for password recovery in the future. The process stalls at this point and nothing will advance if you provide the address and try and pick the question to answer. It's hard to describe this problem but the unti hangs up at this final point in the Flash installation. Anybody else with this problem? Thanks for any help with this.

sponsored links
Old May 11th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5, Transformer Pad 300
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendopaul View Post
I got my wife an ASUS Transformer Pad 300 and I'm setting it up for her. I've got 25 years experience in Windows but I'm totally new to Android. The tablet is very impressive, light and easy to handle. Great display as far as I can tell. But the browser installation is incomplete because Flash needs to get installed. The install process hangs up at the end when it asks for an "alternative email address" in case you lose passwords in the future, and at the same time you're asked to pick a question out of list of 4 for password recovery in the future. The process stalls at this point and nothing will advance if you provide the address and try and pick the question to answer. It's hard to describe this problem but the unti hangs up at this final point in the Flash installation. Anybody else with this problem? Thanks for any help with this.
It seems like you're trying to install flash from the Adobe website? Using a linux install package maybe? Not sure what all the prompts and questions are or where they're coming from.

You should be downloading Flash right from the Play Store. This won't ask you for any of that stuff. It'll just install and you'll have flash in the stock browser.

Here's a link. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.flashplayer&feature=search_re sult#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5hZG9iZS5mbGFzaHBsYX llciJd

If it asks you if you want to open in a browser or with the Play Store (Or Android Market, if you haven't got that update yet) go with the Store/Market. Easier that way.
The Following User Says Thank You to rezeew For This Useful Post:
Mendopaul (May 12th, 2012)
Old May 12th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): ASUS Transformer Pad 300TF
Carrier: Not Provided

That did the trick! Thanks for that tip. I was following the chain of pages that came up as we were setting up the browser and it was pretty confusing.
Tags
alternative email address, flash install, select questions

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > ASUS Transformer Pad 300