Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > ASUS Transformer Pad 300

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By peterc10

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 3rd, 2012, 05:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Nexus 5 phone (Giffgaff UK), Asus tf300t tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Using powerpoint presentations with the tf300

Hi. I am a refugee from the HTC Sensation (and before that Hero) forums and I am thinking of getting a tf300, as a laptop replacement for when I go away to run training courses. So I need it to be able to run powerpoint presentations using a projector attached to the HDMI slot via a VGA adapter.

Has anybody managed this yet, and if so how did it go? What software are you using please? Was moving between slides and moving between animations on each slide easy? Can you use a wireless presentation mouse (I have a logitech one) in the USB slot of the keyboard dock? What HDMI/VGA Adapter did you use please? I know it does not do sound (I don't need it), but does everything else work.

Sorry for all the questions. I am happy that the tf300 works for all the other things I need it for, but this could be a show stopper!

Many thanks in advance for all your help

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old June 6th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

I think about tf300 too and as i read/heard it supports usb otg so ur mouse should work.
For presentations i use on phone Kingsoft Office (it let me to open ppt and pptx files) but my presentations was only some text + 1-2 pics without any advanced moving, so i dont how it works with other things on slides.

+
HTC 7 Mozart, Lg Swift 7, Samsung Galaxy Ace
The Following User Says Thank You to ch3mn3y For This Useful Post:
peterc10 (June 6th, 2012)
Old June 6th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Thanks. I have just downloaded and tried Kingsoft, but it is just like Polaris and Quickoffice I have already tried. All they will do is let me move between one slide and the next. I want to be able to bring in each bullet in the slide separately - simple animations really and they don't seem to be able to do it.

Did you use the presentation of your tablet with a projector attached? If so how did you attach it and how did it look on the screen please?
Old June 6th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

I havent tablet yet. I used my XPlay and as it hasnt hdmi i used wireless hdmi adapter (i dont remember its name, it is wifi to hdmi). It was connected to projector and it looks good (like when i used computer) but cause using wifi it drain battery to much so thats why i want tablet with hdmi.

But as i said it was only text and pic(s).
The Following User Says Thank You to ch3mn3y For This Useful Post:
peterc10 (June 6th, 2012)
Old December 8th, 2012, 06:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Just to let anybody who is interested in running PowerPoint on their tf300 know that I have found the answer to my previous question. It is an app called Office 2012: Presentations by ********* Software. It reads ppt files (without any conversion) and shows them complete with any animations you have embedded in them. Only slight flaw is that it still displays the Android Task Bar on the screen

I downloaded the free trial version yesterday, and got it up and working with my tf300 and projector with no problems this morning. So I paid for and downloaded the full app - I am quite happy to pay 7.99 in order to ensure my tf300 is a true laptop replacement.

I would recommend this to anybody who wants to use their tf300 for powerpoint presentations
wetbiker7 likes this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterc10 For This Useful Post:
bearnut2 (May 2nd, 2013), kozmo2k4 (December 10th, 2012), wetbiker7 (December 9th, 2012)
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Thanks for your post... I am a pastor who intends to use the tf300 for power point type presentations in ministry and teaching. I appreciate your legwork and will use your recommendation!
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddio48 View Post
Thanks for your post... I am a pastor who intends to use the tf300 for power point type presentations in ministry and teaching. I appreciate your legwork and will use your recommendation!
Give it a try and see what you think. The best thing is to use it with a projector that has an HDMI input if you can. Then you will always have a trouble free time. Otherwise you will need to buy a micro HDMI to VGA converter - remember it is not just a case of changing connectors it also needs to convert the digital output into analogue. Asus do one but I got a generic one from Amazon cheaper.

I have also found that you can get rid of the Android Taskbar by going into settings once you are connected to the projector and then choosing HDMI (that option won't appear until you are connected). You will then be offered 2 modes - if you choose crop mode it will probably get rid of the task bar. I say probably because occasionally when using an older projector with VGA (not all VGA ones) it will crop too much of the screen.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Asus TF300, HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

I was searching for a way to use my TF300 for a presentation and some way to use my android phone to 'click' through the slides. I'm planning on a pretty basic ppt presentation but thanks peterc10 for the recommendation of Office 2012: Presentations--I may give that a try as well.

Just wanted to share the program I use to control the slides with my phone--Tablet Remote. Its free in the Play Store and I have been able to control my tablet via wi-fi and bluetooth. I searched for quite a while to find what I was looking for-- a way to control presentations on an Android tablet with an Android phone--so I thought I'd post here in case anyone else was looking as well.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > ASUS Transformer Pad 300