I'm surprised no one has mentioned this here yet (or I missed it), I was hoping someone did so I can figure out why it's not working for me, but whatever, here you go, a lot of people on the XDA forum has it working for them.
Also, this was done by designgears, not me, I'm merely posting it here.
Works on any Atrix, rooted, deodexed, stock, doesn't matter!!
Installs tethering apn(enable the apn AFTER you enable mobile hotspot)
Unlocks all APN's for editing
Enables init.d support (on the android side, sample script mounts /system rw)
Enables Non-market apps (sideloading)
Installs su and sqlite3 binaries to /system/bin
Removes oneclickroot busybox mess (if it exists)
How to use:
note: xp users, you will get an error about the TIMEOUT function, ignore it.
Enable USB Debugging on your phone (settings > applications > development > enable USB debugging)
Plug your phone into your computer
Run aRoot.bat (run unRoot.bat to unroot)
[SCRIPT] aRoot for Atrix 4G [ root - init.d - sideloading - tethering ] - xda-developers
EXTRA NOTES from me:
- If this isn't working for you, this didn't help me but again, it said it helped a lot of people on the xda site. If you're using Vista or Windows 7, run the aRoot.bat as an admin.
- BELL Atrix has been confirmed to work with this on the XDA site.
MAC COMPUTERS LOOK HERE:
This was made by pheonixx on the XDA website to help those using Mac computers.
This has the same features as the Windows script.
- Installs tethering apn(enable the apn AFTER you enable mobile hotspot)
- Unlocks all APN's for editing
- Enables init.d support (on the android side, sample script mounts /system rw)
- Installs Superuser.apk
- Enables Non-market apps (sideloading)
- Installs su and sqlite3 binaries to /system/bin
- Removes oneclickroot busybox mess (if it exists)
- unRoot script
1) Download aRootMac.zip, then double click to decompress
2) Plug your Atrix in, with USB debugging enabled
3) run the aRoot program in the folder
- This script should hypothetically work on a Linux machine, but you may need to copy in adb from the Linux SDK
(I make no promises though, I have NOT tested this)
- When running this script during debugging, I noticed that unrooting and rerooting was creating duplicates of the tethering APN. If this causes issues, I can try and fix this in the script
To DG for the original aRoot script which is the base of this one, and also to everyone involved in Atrix development. I'm one of the many who have moved on, but I am cheering for you just as hard as ever! As well as that, thank you pheonixx for having modified DG's script for those using Mac computers (and possibly Linux).