Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Atrix 4G > Atrix 4G - All Things Root

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 86
 
Device(s): Motorola Atrix ROOTED
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
dhvigue
Default Hey atrix owners, after you rooted and installed a custom rom did you...

see a massive improvment?

1 out of 10, 10 being the MOST improvment what woudl you say you saw after? and which ROM are you using?

Advertisements
dvigue is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bfksc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,256
 
Device(s): Rugby Pro LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 200 Times in 169 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvigue View Post
see a massive improvment?
1 out of 10, 10 being the MOST improvment what woudl you say you saw after? and which ROM are you using?
There are no custom firmware ROMs yet since the bootloader is locked down, just file system tweaks and changes. See the XDA-developers forums for more details about devs and what they've been able to do so far. But it might be a long wait before they get a full customized Android ROM available.
bfksc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 86
 
Device(s): Motorola Atrix ROOTED
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
dhvigue
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfksc View Post
There are no custom firmware ROMs yet since the bootloader is locked down, just file system tweaks and changes. See the XDA-developers forums for more details about devs and what they've been able to do so far. But it might be a long wait before they get a full customized Android ROM available.
i know that..i was talking about the ones that do the tweaks and take out Blur and bloatware...
dvigue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bfksc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,256
 
Device(s): Rugby Pro LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 200 Times in 169 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvigue View Post
i know that..i was talking about the ones that do the tweaks and take out Blur and bloatware...
Ok that's fine, but please do not refer to these tweaks as ROMs as they are nowhere near a full firmware ROM and are somewhat more risky than just flashing a new firmware.
bfksc is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bfksc For This Useful Post:
dvigue (March 25th, 2011)
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 86
 
Device(s): Motorola Atrix ROOTED
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
dhvigue
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfksc View Post
Ok that's fine, but please do not refer to these tweaks as ROMs as they are nowhere near a full firmware ROM and are somewhat more risky than just flashing a new firmware.
do you run any of those tweaks on your phone?
dvigue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 09:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bfksc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,256
 
Device(s): Rugby Pro LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 200 Times in 169 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvigue View Post
do you run any of those tweaks on your phone?
Nope, as I have the Bell Canada version and there are some differences, and now I'm considering returning it as it has a lot of bugs in the software and it doesn't perform anywhere near as good as it should, so I don't want to mess with rooting or tweaking. It's a shame really as I was quite stoked to get it and use it as they advertise, but it's been quite disappointing really.
bfksc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 11:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
iPhail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): Bell Galaxy S2 [Current] Rogers Galaxy S2 [Sold] HTC Evo 3D [Sold] HTC Sensation [Sold] Atrix [S
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Rooted my AT&T atrix and installed a custom launcher and did some custom tweeking. I noticed a big difference. I know what im doing though, most noobs who dont know what they are doing end up just doing random which makes it more buggy.
iPhail is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 11:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 86
 
Device(s): Motorola Atrix ROOTED
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
dhvigue
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhail View Post
Rooted my AT&T atrix and installed a custom launcher and did some custom tweeking. I noticed a big difference. I know what im doing though, most noobs who dont know what they are doing end up just doing random which makes it more buggy.

what ROM did you use?

i love flashing and tweeaking my android phones..so i have done it before. i had the Droidx too
dvigue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): Motorola Atrix 4G - aRoot & GingerBlur 7.7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

8/10 GingerBlur 7.7
pedal2dametal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 02:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Freaking Ohio
Posts: 876
 
Device(s): Note II running Ditto Note3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvigue View Post
what ROM did you use?

i love flashing and tweeaking my android phones..so i have done it before. i had the Droidx too
There aren't any ROMS for the Atrix.
__________________
I always wanted to have that ideal father son relationship. You know, where I get to see him for like eight hours every other weekend, and send checks to some woman I hate. -- Tucker, Red vs. Blue
barry99705 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 25th, 2011, 02:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 86
 
Device(s): Motorola Atrix ROOTED
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
dhvigue
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
There aren't any ROMS for the Atrix.
OMG..yeah yeah yeah. you know what i mean when i say ROMS. that is what the devs call them

My god...
dvigue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 01:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
sabesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 92
 
Device(s): Motorola Atrix, Samsung Focus, iPhone 4 32Gb
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfksc;[URL="tel:2478179"
2478179[/URL]]Nope, as I have the Bell Canada version and there are some differences, and now I'm considering returning it as it has a lot of bugs in the software and it doesn't perform anywhere near as good as it should, so I don't want to mess with rooting or tweaking. It's a shame really as I was quite stoked to get it and use it as they advertise, but it's been quite disappointing really.
Hey, which bugs did you run into? Thx.
sabesh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
iPhail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): Bell Galaxy S2 [Current] Rogers Galaxy S2 [Sold] HTC Evo 3D [Sold] HTC Sensation [Sold] Atrix [S
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvigue View Post
what ROM did you use?

i love flashing and tweeaking my android phones..so i have done it before. i had the Droidx too
No "ROM" just a custom launcher to cover up Motorola's mistake.
iPhail is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Atrix 4G > Atrix 4G - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.