Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Atrix 4G > Atrix 4G - Support and Troubleshooting

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ViberMedia
  • 1 Post By farzad2210

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Viber crashes

Hello,

I have noticed a problem with Viber application. It crashes after 5 minutes or more during a call, i am using WiFi network to use Viber but it always crashes after 5-6 minutes.
Also, sometimes it says "Not enough memory" when i am trying to send pictures through viber to other users. Then i have to restart my phone and the picture goes smoothly. I am using Advanced Task Killer app but i dont know why it still gives such errors of not enough memory.

Pease help!

Advertisements
masterboy123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
ViberMedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 283
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 53 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D Team!

@Masterboy123- Hi! Thanks for reporting, we would appreciate if you contact our support team at: Your ticket details | Viber Support and elaborate on the issue.

If anyone has any questions/suggestions for Viber, please feel free to let us know, and we will address them shortly.
Thanks,
Viber Team
ViberMedia is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ViberMedia For This Useful Post:
masterboy123 (April 28th, 2012)
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViberMedia View Post
Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D Team!

@Masterboy123- Hi! Thanks for reporting, we would appreciate if you contact our support team at: Your ticket details | Viber Support and elaborate on the issue.

If anyone has any questions/suggestions for Viber, please feel free to let us know, and we will address them shortly.
Thanks,
Viber Team
masterboy123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
ViberMedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 283
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 53 Times in 42 Posts
Default

It's our pleasure to be here and help - and we hope to attend to your ticket shortly.

If you have any other questions/doubts, we're staying here to reply
raenne likes this.
ViberMedia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 11:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

mine sir it says viber apllication crashes...when i try to submit error report it doesnt respond...
raenne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 03:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
ViberMedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 283
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 53 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raenne View Post
mine sir it says viber apllication crashes...when i try to submit error report it doesnt respond...
What device do you have? Which version of Android?
ViberMedia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default viber crashes

Hi,
It's been 2 days that i receive the following notification from viber on my samsung galaxy S2:
an unexpected error occurred forcing the application to stop. please help us fix this by sending us error data, all u have 2 do is click ok.
When i clicked ok, then an email is sent to viber to notify them about the problem...but the notification are becoming repeatedly annoying and i am currently ignoring them. Can somebody please advise what to do?.
Thanks.
charlie7 is offline  
Last edited by charlie7; August 8th, 2012 at 02:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
ViberMedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 283
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 53 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie7 View Post
Hi,
It's been 2 days that i receive the following notification from viber on my samsung galaxy S2:
an unexpected error occurred forcing the application to stop. please help us fix this by sending us error data, all u have 2 do is click ok.
When i clicked ok, then an email is sent to viber to notify them about the problem...but the notification are becoming repeatedly annoying and i am currently ignoring them. Can somebody please advise what to do?.
Thanks.
Hi,
How often do you receive this error message?

Also, did you make sure you have the latest version of Viber installed? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Viber? (note that this will unfortunately result in the deletion of your chat history)
ViberMedia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViberMedia View Post
Hi,
How often do you receive this error message?

Also, did you make sure you have the latest version of Viber installed? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Viber? (note that this will unfortunately result in the deletion of your chat history)
Yeah, I've also had this problem, pretty much since version 2.2.1 one came out. I have an HTC One X (Tegra3) with Android 4.0.3, and firmware 1.29.708.15

If I switch my phone on and don't open Viber, it will crash after some time. I think it has to do with losing (or regaining) data connectivity.

Edit: reported to Viber with Ticket: #NTE-641-56179
BenPope is offline  
Last edited by BenPope; August 14th, 2012 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Report ticket id
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2012, 06:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Apparently "The new version, 2.2.1, for Android will be available in Google Play (the Android Market) for your upgrade shortly".
BenPope is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 31st, 2012, 06:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have the same problem as charlie7 and maybe from the same date somehow. It's very annoying, more than ten to fifteen times a day viber crashes and it restarts soon again. I also send reports for few first times, but now just delete notification.

I have HTC One V with Android 4.0.3.
Viber version 2.2.1.21
I tried reinstalling, but did't help.

Any solution??
lovrinjo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 07:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovrinjo View Post
I have the same problem as charlie7 and maybe from the same date somehow. It's very annoying, more than ten to fifteen times a day viber crashes and it restarts soon again. I also send reports for few first times, but now just delete notification.

I have HTC One V with Android 4.0.3.
Viber version 2.2.1.21
I tried reinstalling, but did't help.

Any solution??
2.2.2 crashed just after I installed it, but not since.
BenPope is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
ViberMedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 283
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 53 Times in 42 Posts
Default

@lovrinjo -
Has the problem been resolved on the latest 2.2.2 update as well?

Meanwhile, please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Is your Android compatible with Viber (system requirements)? | Viber Support
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to attend to the problems with your device soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.
ViberMedia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default viber 2.2.2

I have viber 2.2.2 and galaxy s3, when i use viber on a wifi viber crashes i don't know if it's the software or the version of viber and last night viber crashed 3 times
jsunga is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 05:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
ViberMedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 283
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 53 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsunga View Post
I have viber 2.2.2 and galaxy s3, when i use viber on a wifi viber crashes i don't know if it's the software or the version of viber and last night viber crashed 3 times
Hi,
You mentioned that it's on WiFi - does the problem not occur on 3G?
ViberMedia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hello,

I have noticed a problem with Viber application. It crashes after 5 minutes or more during a call, i am using WiFi network to use Viber but it always crashes after 5-6 minutes.
Also, sometimes it says "Not enough memory" when i am trying to send pictures through viber to other users. Then i have to restart my phone and the picture goes smoothly. I am using Advanced Task Killer app but i dont know why it still gives such errors of not enough memory.

Pease help!:conf used:
h04111989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
ViberMedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 283
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 53 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Are you using Atrix?

Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Is your Android compatible with Viber (system requirements)?
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to attend to the problems with your device soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.
ViberMedia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2014, 03:10 AM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Viber Stopped unexpectedly

I have a problem making /receiving call with viber.

I have been using viber for couple of years and since 2 weeks ago, when I receive/make a viber call and after the call is established, viber crashes and says stopped unexpectedly. I tried people suggestions by uninstalling and installing and restarting the phone, but the problem is still there.

My phone is Motorola G (MotoG) and using android kitKat 4.4.2. I got this phone couple of months ago and it was working on it for several weeks and now it's not working anymore. I can send and receive messages but when i receive a call, it crashes at the beginning of the call.
hifiboy likes this.
farzad2210 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 01:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by farzad2210 View Post
I have a problem making /receiving call with viber.

I have been using viber for couple of years and since 2 weeks ago, when I receive/make a viber call and after the call is established, viber crashes and says stopped unexpectedly. I tried people suggestions by uninstalling and installing and restarting the phone, but the problem is still there.

My phone is Motorola G (MotoG) and using android kitKat 4.4.2. I got this phone couple of months ago and it was working on it for several weeks and now it's not working anymore. I can send and receive messages but when i receive a call, it crashes at the beginning of the call.

I am also having the same problem as other users. I have motorola G, KITKAT 4.4. It's worth mentioning that Viber was working on the same device on android 4.3 but soon after the update reports' viber stopped unexpectdley' as soon as the call is connnected wither from my side or from others. Is there a solution to this?
hifiboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 12:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default problem solved

I contacted the viber customer support and they provided me a test version which i guess should be released by now. Otherwise try their customer support. They are very quick and responsive.
Thanks
Farzad
farzad2210 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Atrix 4G > Atrix 4G - Support and Troubleshooting
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.