Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > ZTE Awe > Awe - All Things Root

Like Tree45Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #101 (permalink)
ayi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 56
 
Device(s): LG G2 (Verizon) - LG F6 (MetroPCS)
Carrier: T-Mobile 25$ - Family Plan

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldudezach View Post
In AnTuTu, I've gotten over 19000 a few times, but averaging between 17500 and 18500. Talk about miles above from stock. XD
wonder how does bionic patch and kitkat is going to raise the score ^-^, or even that extra 50MHz on that gpu

Advertisements
ayi is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 12th, 2013, 03:25 AM   #102 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 539
 
Device(s): ZTE Awe/Warp 4G/Source, Kyocera Rise/Hydro/Event (if they ever get an unlocked bootloader)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 38
Thanked 180 Times in 118 Posts
Default

Here is something to keep in mind as the kernel device tree is worked on. I was perusing the defconfigs, and all of the msm8960-codename_defconfig's stuck out (since the awe/nex falls into that group). I just spent some time figuring out what devices most of the other msm8960 codenames are attached to. Most of them are not released yet, some don't have names yet - only model numbers.

Here ya go:

Code:
DEFCONFIG         MODEL   DEVICE
msm8960-apollo    N9101   ZTE Imperial
msm8960-becky     Z995    ZTE Overture
msm8960-coeus     Z930L
msm8960-demeter   T83     ZTE Dave
msm8960-gaea      ????    Unknown
msm8960-hera      N9511   ZTE Source
msm8960-iris              ZTE Grand S Flex
msm8960-metis     Z740
msm8960-nestor    ????    Unknown
msm8960-nex       N800    Virgin Mobile Awe
msm8960-oceanus           ZTE Blade Apex
msm8960-stormer   N9520   ZTE Stormer
msm8960-warplte   N9510   Boost Warp 4G


Released devices that have the MSM8930/MSM8630 chipset:
ZTE Imperial        apollo    (U.S. Cellular)
ZTE Overture        becky     (AIO Wireless)
ZTE Source          hera      (Cricket Mobile)
Virgin Mobile Awe   nex       (Virgin Mobile)
Boost Warp 4G       warplte   (Boost Mobile)
AT&T Z998           ????      (AT&T Go Phone)
cooldudezach is offline  
Last edited by cooldudezach; December 12th, 2013 at 03:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 04:53 AM   #103 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 539
 
Device(s): ZTE Awe/Warp 4G/Source, Kyocera Rise/Hydro/Event (if they ever get an unlocked bootloader)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 38
Thanked 180 Times in 118 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkie2100 View Post
actually as it turns out the upload wasnt working. so here i uploaded it to my dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxy6gzkxngc6czg/warp_lte_and_source.zip
Would you be able to get me the recovery image of both devices?
Edit:
I just grabbed the recovery for the warp off the other forum. Do you have the source's recovery?
cooldudezach is offline  
Last edited by cooldudezach; December 12th, 2013 at 05:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 04:54 AM   #104 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldudezach View Post
I say go for it. I know I'd much rather follow a video of somebody else doing it rather than have to follow a guide and hope I'm doing it right.

Oh yeah, did the CWM zip work for you?
Yes it worked fine, got me booted back no problem without factory reset. You think id risk my girlfriends phone with this?! Hell hath no fury like a pregnant woman scorn!
cooldudezach likes this.
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #105 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
rbheromax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,842
 
Device(s): Evo 4G (x2), HeroC, Evo3D, ZTE Warp, ZTE Awe
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 195
Thanked 397 Times in 295 Posts
rbheromax@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldudezach View Post
Here is something to keep in mind as the kernel device tree is worked on. I was perusing the defconfigs, and all of the msm8960-codename_defconfig's stuck out (since the awe/nex falls into that group). I just spent some time figuring out what devices most of the other msm8960 codenames are attached to. Most of them are not released yet, some don't have names yet - only model numbers.

Here ya go:

Code:
DEFCONFIG         MODEL   DEVICE
msm8960-apollo    N9101   ZTE Imperial
msm8960-becky     Z995    ZTE Overture
msm8960-coeus     Z930L
msm8960-demeter   T83     ZTE Dave
msm8960-gaea      ????    Unknown
msm8960-hera      N9511   ZTE Source
msm8960-iris              ZTE Grand S Flex
msm8960-metis     Z740
msm8960-nestor    ????    Unknown
msm8960-nex       N800    Virgin Mobile Awe
msm8960-oceanus           ZTE Blade Apex
msm8960-stormer   N9520   ZTE Stormer
msm8960-warplte   N9510   Boost Warp 4G


Released devices that have the MSM8930/MSM8630 chipset:
ZTE Imperial        apollo    (U.S. Cellular)
ZTE Overture        becky     (AIO Wireless)
ZTE Source          hera      (Cricket Mobile)
Virgin Mobile Awe   nex       (Virgin Mobile)
Boost Warp 4G       warplte   (Boost Mobile)
AT&T Z998           ????      (AT&T Go Phone)
I guess if the other devices have a large number of users, I will do the "port" for them.
__________________
So fame. Comes to the men who mean to win it. And care about nothing else!
rbheromax is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 07:40 AM   #106 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Reverted my phone back to bone stock for the purpose of recording the tut. Go to record, try to download supersu and found out its downloading that stupid software enhancement update. 74mb on throttled service...ugh!! Gotta wait. The video will be up this afternoon sometime. I'll link it when its done.
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #107 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
rbheromax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,842
 
Device(s): Evo 4G (x2), HeroC, Evo3D, ZTE Warp, ZTE Awe
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 195
Thanked 397 Times in 295 Posts
rbheromax@gmail.com
Default

I'm compiling 4..4.2 right now, it should boot after a few ramdisk mods. will post build for testing when completed.
rbheromax is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rbheromax For This Useful Post:
dragonhart6505 (December 12th, 2013)
Old December 12th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #108 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbheromax View Post
I'm compiling 4..4.2 right now, it should boot after a few ramdisk mods. will post build for testing when completed.
Word. Just finished recording the tutorial too, editing and will have it uploaded when I get to my office
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #109 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Hey I previously had my msl code, but now it doesnt work :-/ what happened with that?
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #110 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
rbheromax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,842
 
Device(s): Evo 4G (x2), HeroC, Evo3D, ZTE Warp, ZTE Awe
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 195
Thanked 397 Times in 295 Posts
rbheromax@gmail.com
Default

no clue on msl codes, i dont use stuff like that but i think you can dump it from QPST
rom is STILL compiling...ugh
rbheromax is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 12th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #111 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Any idea how to dump it? Just restored my phone back to before I installed the kernel and nope, still not working. Hmm...
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #112 (permalink)
ayi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 56
 
Device(s): LG G2 (Verizon) - LG F6 (MetroPCS)
Carrier: T-Mobile 25$ - Family Plan

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbheromax View Post
no clue on msl codes, i dont use stuff like that but i think you can dump it from QPST
rom is STILL compiling...ugh
i wouldn't mind trying it out !! kitkatttt

After i get back from my final of course
ayi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #113 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Here is a working cyanogenmod build for the ZTE Warp of the same Android version.

CyanogenMod10 - 4.1.2
http://androidforums.com/boost-mobile-warp-all-things-root/720431-beta-1-1-team-osiris-cyanogenmod-10-jellybean-4-1-2-zte-warp.html
zeruth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #114 (permalink)
ayi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 56
 
Device(s): LG G2 (Verizon) - LG F6 (MetroPCS)
Carrier: T-Mobile 25$ - Family Plan

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeruth View Post
Here is a working cyanogenmod build for the ZTE Warp of the same Android version.

CyanogenMod10 - 4.1.2
http://androidforums.com/boost-mobile-warp-all-things-root/720431-beta-1-1-team-osiris-cyanogenmod-10-jellybean-4-1-2-zte-warp.html
that's no kitkat or art :'(
ayi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #115 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeruth View Post
Here is a working cyanogenmod build for the ZTE Warp of the same Android version.

CyanogenMod10 - 4.1.2
http://androidforums.com/boost-mobile-warp-all-things-root/720431-beta-1-1-team-osiris-cyanogenmod-10-jellybean-4-1-2-zte-warp.html
So this is for the warp? Or is it flashable to the awe? Im assuming not
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #116 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayi View Post
that's no kitkat or art :'(
I guess i'll be the first to tell you that kitkat would be the last rom to be brought to this phone.

kitkat was a world of work for the galaxy s4, took me forever to get a working build out and it had a lot of developers. the first logical step would be to port a Cyanogenmod with the same base android version as the rom we have. which is 4.1.2

Our matching version of cyanogenmod is the standard CM10.0
It would be the most painless, compatible way we could go.
zeruth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #117 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragongart6505 View Post
So this is for the warp? Or is it flashable to the awe? Im assuming not
Yeah its for the warp, wouldn't flash if you tried i'm sure.

If the right person played with that rom, they could bring it over.
zeruth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #118 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeruth View Post
Yeah its for the warp, wouldn't flash if you tried i'm sure.

If the right person played with that rom, they could bring it over.
Ive never built a rom from scratch, just pulled out apps i deemed unnecessary from the zip. I would be willing to try though, so long as I had just a pure base and the tools necessary to compile. What do I need and are you willing to help me out? If your not too terribly busy.
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #119 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
rbheromax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,842
 
Device(s): Evo 4G (x2), HeroC, Evo3D, ZTE Warp, ZTE Awe
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 195
Thanked 397 Times in 295 Posts
rbheromax@gmail.com
Default

im STILL compiling, and its AOSP 4.4.2_r1 released 2 days ago:


rbheromax@agerthorn:~/android$ make -j4
============================================
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=4.4.2
TARGET_PRODUCT=full_nex
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=krait
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-3.11.0-13-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-13.10-saucy
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=KOT49H
OUT_DIR=out
============================================

so just know...its coming
junkie2100 likes this.
rbheromax is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #120 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
junkie2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,279
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp Sequent, Samsung Transform Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Prevail, HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 70
Thanked 676 Times in 518 Posts
Default

do not flash that rom... its not for the warp 4g its for the original warp. if it did flash it would brick your phone permanently

oh and none of it is transferrable
__________________
junkie2100 is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #121 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkie2100 View Post
do not flash that rom... its not for the warp 4g its for the original warp. if it did flash it would brick your phone permanently

oh and none of it is transferrable
Yeah didnt even bother downloading it lol
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #122 (permalink)
ayi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 56
 
Device(s): LG G2 (Verizon) - LG F6 (MetroPCS)
Carrier: T-Mobile 25$ - Family Plan

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeruth View Post
I guess i'll be the first to tell you that kitkat would be the last rom to be brought to this phone.

kitkat was a world of work for the galaxy s4, took me forever to get a working build out and it had a lot of developers. the first logical step would be to port a Cyanogenmod with the same base android version as the rom we have. which is 4.1.2

Our matching version of cyanogenmod is the standard CM10.0
It would be the most painless, compatible way we could go.
It's either KitKat, or my phones going on a date with a baseball bat
rbheromax likes this.
ayi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #123 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayi View Post
It's either KitKat, or my phones going on a date with a baseball bat
Nooooo give it time, something will come through lol. This phone is too AWEsome for that (see what I did there ;-) )
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #124 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
rbheromax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,842
 
Device(s): Evo 4G (x2), HeroC, Evo3D, ZTE Warp, ZTE Awe
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 195
Thanked 397 Times in 295 Posts
rbheromax@gmail.com
Default

we're getting it no doubt about that. just a matter of how fast it can get here
rbheromax is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #125 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
junkie2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,279
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp Sequent, Samsung Transform Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Prevail, HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 70
Thanked 676 Times in 518 Posts
Default

well get your baseball bat ready... kuz this phone may never see a usable kitkat. not only is going from jb to kk a huge pain, but zte has certain quirks most of the time that cause anything newer than 4.1 to be nearly useless
junkie2100 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:48 PM   #126 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
rbheromax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,842
 
Device(s): Evo 4G (x2), HeroC, Evo3D, ZTE Warp, ZTE Awe
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 195
Thanked 397 Times in 295 Posts
rbheromax@gmail.com
Default

well really the only thing we have to worry about is visual glitches and wif/bt
wifi/bt wont be that hard to fix if we all contribute and visual glitches we may just have to live with
rbheromax is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #127 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
junkie2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,279
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp Sequent, Samsung Transform Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Prevail, HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 70
Thanked 676 Times in 518 Posts
Default

actually sdcard has never worked on any zte device since the original warp on anything past 4.1 so ya got that to worry about. and the display issues they seem to have

and no the warp method wont help, it had gb and a much older kernel so it could be adjusted. also ive notices in the past ztes dont like non stock init binaries so keep that in mind
junkie2100 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #128 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 74
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbheromax View Post
well really the only thing we have to worry about is visual glitches and wif/bt
wifi/bt wont be that hard to fix if we all contribute and visual glitches we may just have to live with
thanks for letting us know. I know it is early but how is the performance? is it lagging? I hate that.
hfl12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #129 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbheromax View Post
well really the only thing we have to worry about is visual glitches and wif/bt
wifi/bt wont be that hard to fix if we all contribute and visual glitches we may just have to live with
most of those visual glitches are simply fixed by turning off hardware overlays from what ive been reading on other builds. wifi/bt are mostly radio/kernel discrepencies, but i dont have wifi at home and only use my bluetooth for my moga pro...but i can live with that. i got my GSIII
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #130 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 74
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkie2100 View Post
actually sdcard has never worked on any zte device since the original warp on anything past 4.1 so ya got that to worry about. and the display issues they seem to have

and no the warp method wont help, it had gb and a much older kernel so it could be adjusted. also ive notices in the past ztes dont like non stock init binaries so keep that in mind
oh no, look like it's going to be extremely buggy.
hfl12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #131 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfl12 View Post
thanks for letting us know. I know it is early but how is the performance? is it lagging? I hate that.
we dont know yet, its not finished compiling >_< the kernel is friggin AWEsome so far (that pun will never get old)
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #132 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
junkie2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,279
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp Sequent, Samsung Transform Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Prevail, HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 70
Thanked 676 Times in 518 Posts
Default

maybe, maybe not. those are just possibilities, it is a different device than past ztes. i dont want to smash everyones hope to bits but i dont want you all to get your hopes too high either. it could be a dead end, or it could work perfectly out of the gate
junkie2100 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #133 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfl12 View Post
oh no, look like it's going to be extremely buggy.
to be expected on early builds
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #134 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkie2100 View Post
maybe, maybe not. those are just possibilities, it is a different device than past ztes. i dont want to smash everyones hope to bits but i dont want you all to get your hopes too high either. it could be a dead end, or it could work perfectly out of the gate
i agree that starting from 10.0 would probably be a better start, but if he gets it booting were already in the right direction
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #135 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
junkie2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,279
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp Sequent, Samsung Transform Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Prevail, HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 70
Thanked 676 Times in 518 Posts
Default

pretty much. i hope it works kuz then i can port it to a cm11 repo and adjust it for the warp 4g. i got a cm10.1 build to run all the way through but no boot animation and im exhausted so im gonna have to wait till tonight to do any more work. im pretty sure i accidentally deleted the gralloc.msm8960.so from the rom so im of no use at all right now lmao
junkie2100 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #136 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkie2100 View Post
pretty much. i hope it works kuz then i can port it to a cm11 repo and adjust it for the warp 4g. i got a cm10.1 build to run all the way through but no boot animation and im exhausted so im gonna have to wait till tonight to do any more work. im pretty sure i accidentally deleted the gralloc.msm8960.so from the rom so im of no use at all right now lmao
at least you got it booting ^_^ thats a score for the warp. get some rest and come back to it. leave some notes so you know where you left off
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #137 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 539
 
Device(s): ZTE Awe/Warp 4G/Source, Kyocera Rise/Hydro/Event (if they ever get an unlocked bootloader)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 38
Thanked 180 Times in 118 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkie2100 View Post
pretty much. i hope it works kuz then i can port it to a cm11 repo and adjust it for the warp 4g. i got a cm10.1 build to run all the way through but no boot animation and im exhausted so im gonna have to wait till tonight to do any more work. im pretty sure i accidentally deleted the gralloc.msm8960.so from the rom so im of no use at all right now lmao
Wait, so did it boot to the homescreen, or get stuck on boot?
cooldudezach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #138 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

video tutorial is up awaiting your approval
ZTE AWE (N800) Root/Recovery/Kernel - YouTube
rbheromax likes this.
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dragonhart6505 For This Useful Post:
rbheromax (December 12th, 2013)
Old December 12th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #139 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

currently writing a text tutorial to be put in the zip file i will be posting tomorrow for approval as well
rbheromax likes this.
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #140 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
rbheromax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,842
 
Device(s): Evo 4G (x2), HeroC, Evo3D, ZTE Warp, ZTE Awe
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 195
Thanked 397 Times in 295 Posts
rbheromax@gmail.com
Default

okay so ima add this to the OP
thanks
rbheromax is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 12th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #141 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbheromax View Post
okay so ima add this to the OP
thanks
Yes, but inform that the zip file is not officially uploaded. Not like they couldnt find what they need anyway, but I included the adb and fastboot files as well as cydia impactor and the original update.zip from ZTE
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #142 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 74
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

so you have the rom compiled?
hfl12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #143 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 539
 
Device(s): ZTE Awe/Warp 4G/Source, Kyocera Rise/Hydro/Event (if they ever get an unlocked bootloader)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 38
Thanked 180 Times in 118 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragongart6505 View Post
video tutorial is up awaiting your approval
ZTE AWE (N800) Root/Recovery/Kernel - YouTube
Not bad. A couple things I'd like to note, though.
-If you root with cydia impactor, you can just use adb reboot-bootloader, while the phone is on, without going into ftm mode. (which is just download mode) I used ftm mode to root without cydia impactor by flashing the superuser zip, which installs the su binary and superuser.apk. (cydia installs the superSU binary, not the Superuser su binary)
-The second core seems to be locked/unlocked from device to device. not sure why.
-Can you post a screenshot of your about phone? I want to see if the update.zip changes anything, because it replaces every partition. For that reason, I did not use update.zip to return to stock.
-Should probably have mentioned the backup in the beginning of the video.

Edit:
Oh yeah, the bootanimation and bootsound can be replaced.
cooldudezach is offline  
Last edited by cooldudezach; December 12th, 2013 at 06:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #144 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfl12 View Post
Hope it works.
So long as you already have the files I mentioned in the video (until theyre uploaded tomorrow) youll be just fine ^_^
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #145 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

http://imgur.com/6gmFwiw
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #146 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldudezach View Post
Not bad. A couple things I'd like to note, though.
-If you root with cydia impactor, you can just use adb reboot-bootloader, while the phone is on, without going into ftm mode. (which is just download mode) I used ftm mode to root without cydia impactor by flashing the superuser zip, which installs the su binary and superuser.apk. (cydia installs the superSU binary, not the Superuser su binary)
-The second core seems to be locked/unlocked from device to device. not sure why.
-Can you post a screenshot of your about phone? I want to see if the update.zip changes anything, because it replaces every partition. For that reason, I did not use update.zip to return to stock.
-Should probably have mentioned the backup in the beginning of the video.

Edit:
Oh yeah, the bootanimation and bootsound can be replaced.
Good point. I dont mind rerecording it if you would prefer a more detail oriented tut. Its kinda my thing, recording lol.
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #147 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfl12 View Post
so you have the rom compiled?
Sorry, thought you meant the kernel
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #148 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Flashing the update.zip didnt make a difference as to whether or not the instructions work. Its actually how I returned to stock for the purpose of recording. I also included the stock recovery.img from it, cwm gives status 7 when trying to flash the update.zip
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #149 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
rbheromax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,842
 
Device(s): Evo 4G (x2), HeroC, Evo3D, ZTE Warp, ZTE Awe
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 195
Thanked 397 Times in 295 Posts
rbheromax@gmail.com
Default

4.4.2_r1 AOSP:
http://dt11.net/rbheromax/aosp-4.4.2-r1-nex.zip
not sure if working, someone try it out.
make sure to have a backup just in case
rbheromax is offline  
Last edited by rbheromax; December 12th, 2013 at 06:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #150 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 703
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 134 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbheromax View Post
4.4.2_r1 AOSP:
Dev-Host - aosp-4.4.2-r1-nex.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
not sure if working, someone try it out.
make sure to have a backup just in case
Gonna take a while to dl but I'll give it a go
dragonhart6505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > ZTE Awe > Awe - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.