Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid Bionic > Bionic - All Things Root

New Forums: Nexus 6 | Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Beehemel

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Bionic
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default I think I finally bricked it.

I've gone back and forth between Eclipse and Liberty ROMS a couple times and never had any issues. Today I tried to update to Eclipse 3.0 and during the flash to .902 with RSD it kept getting stuck on step 9/22. Now the battery is almost dead to the point that fast boot complains, and I can't get the phone to boot past the "dual core" screen so it can charge. How hosed am I?

EDIT: I've been searching the forums almost all day and I haven't been able to find a solution that works. Not sure where to go from here.

Advertisements
Beehemel is offline  
Last edited by Beehemel; July 5th, 2012 at 08:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
dautley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dickson, TN.
Posts: 1,788
 
Device(s): M8, LG Ally Retired, BIONIC XT875 Retired, Nexus 7, Nexus 10.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 307
Thanked 483 Times in 316 Posts
Default

It's a bit pricy and you still need your phones charger to plug it in the wall but you take the battery out of your phone and charge it in the external charger Amazon.com: Motorola Battery Only Charger for BF, HF, BW, and HW Series Batteries - Bulk Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
dautley is offline  
Last edited by dautley; July 5th, 2012 at 09:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
OutOfPhase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,025
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition, Droid 1, Droid Bionic, Xoom
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2,802
Thanked 2,150 Times in 1,320 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beehemel View Post
I've gone back and forth between Eclipse and Liberty ROMS a couple times and never had any issues. Today I tried to update to Eclipse 3.0 and during the flash to .902 with RSD it kept getting stuck on step 9/22. Now the battery is almost dead to the point that fast boot complains, and I can't get the phone to boot past the "dual core" screen so it can charge. How hosed am I?

EDIT: I've been searching the forums almost all day and I haven't been able to find a solution that works. Not sure where to go from here. I do have insurance, maybe my phone will "fall out of the car window" or something and I can exchange it for another one...
try this first. How to Recharge when you Get Flash Failure on Droid Bionic! - YouTube

If that does not work you can try this. If you have an extra charging cable you can cut the tip off the bionics end and strip back about an inch then tape the wires into where the battery makes contact with the phone. Red to positive and black to negative. they are marked on the battery. DO NOT LEAVE IT ON TO LONG MAYBE 20 TO 30 MINS BECAUSE YOU CAN DESTROY YOUR BATTERY.
OutOfPhase is offline  
Last edited by OutOfPhase; July 5th, 2012 at 08:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfPhase For This Useful Post:
dautley (July 5th, 2012)
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Bionic
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for the link, and the edit has been made. Didn't mean to break the rules. Has anyone used This method with success?
Beehemel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Bionic
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

dfib - If I'm understanding that video right, it charges when it's in the recovery menu? If that's true, then I should be good. I was able to get it to the recovery menu. The next challenge will be getting it to boot into an OS...
Beehemel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
OutOfPhase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,025
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition, Droid 1, Droid Bionic, Xoom
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2,802
Thanked 2,150 Times in 1,320 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beehemel View Post
Thanks for the link, and the edit has been made. Didn't mean to break the rules. Has anyone used This method with success?
i edit my post with better details. once you get your battery charged you should be able to flash the 5.9.902 fxz with rsdlite to fix the bootloop.
OutOfPhase is offline  
Last edited by OutOfPhase; July 5th, 2012 at 09:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
OutOfPhase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,025
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition, Droid 1, Droid Bionic, Xoom
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2,802
Thanked 2,150 Times in 1,320 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beehemel View Post
dfib - If I'm understanding that video right, it charges when it's in the recovery menu? If that's true, then I should be good. I was able to get it to the recovery menu. The next challenge will be getting it to boot into an OS...
is there a little white light on in the top corner of your bionic where the notification usually is? If so then it is charging. here is instructions to get the OS working again. http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-things-root/480176-how-flash-5-9-902-rsdlite.html
OutOfPhase is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Bionic
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfib View Post
is there a little white light on in the top corner of your bionic where the notification usually is? If so then it is charging. here is instructions to get the OS working again. http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-things-root/480176-how-flash-5-9-902-rsdlite.html
The white light has come on, but usually only when the battery is out but the power is plugged in (or it's connected to my pc). I'm familiar with the process to flash 902, but it froze on step 9/22 (can't remember the text). I'm not sure if that's because the battery was dying or for some other reason. I'll let it charge tonight and try again tomorrow. Thanks for the pointers so far!
Beehemel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
OutOfPhase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,025
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition, Droid 1, Droid Bionic, Xoom
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2,802
Thanked 2,150 Times in 1,320 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beehemel View Post
The white light has come on, but usually only when the battery is out but the power is plugged in (or it's connected to my pc). I'm familiar with the process to flash 902, but it froze on step 9/22 (can't remember the text). I'm not sure if that's because the battery was dying or for some other reason. I'll let it charge tonight and try again tomorrow. Thanks for the pointers so far!
when the battery gets low rsdlite can get very finicky.
OutOfPhase is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
dautley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dickson, TN.
Posts: 1,788
 
Device(s): M8, LG Ally Retired, BIONIC XT875 Retired, Nexus 7, Nexus 10.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 307
Thanked 483 Times in 316 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfib View Post
I wasn't aware of this, thanks!
dautley is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 6th, 2012, 06:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Bionic
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I left it on the charger all night at the recovery menu. This morning, it still says battery low when I boot into fastboot. If I try to do a normal bootup, it sticks at the dual core screen and I don't think it's charging. I have a couple coworkers with Bionics, I'm going to see if I can borrow one to charge my battery.

EDIT: was able to use a coworker's battery. RSD still gets stuck at step 9/22, seems to sit there and do nothing. Trying on another computer.

EDIT 2: SUCCESS! I was able to get 902 to flash. Now to root and update to 905!
OutOfPhase and Satires like this.
Beehemel is offline  
Last edited by Beehemel; July 6th, 2012 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Happy Dance!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid Bionic > Bionic - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.