January 19th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Sep 2011
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 257 Times in 89 Posts
[GUIDE] Update your prl using QPST
You will need QPST software and your MSL/SPC code.
- First dial *983*87274#on your dialer and choose "only Diag"
- Now go to your device manager and choose ports and take note of which com port your phone has installed to.
- Now open QPST Configuration.
- If your phone is listed skip to next step. If your phone isnt listed choose add new port and manually enter the com port number of your phone.
- Now choose Start Clients at the top and then select Service Programming.
- Once service progamming is open choose your phone and ok.
- Now click read from phone on the bottom left. Here you will need to enter your MSL/SPC code.
- Now select the Roam tab on the top.
- Where is says Browse click and find your prl file you want to install to the phone.
- Now choose Write to Phone and your phone will reboot and give a few errors as it does.
When the phone boots back up go to settings/about phone/status and check your prl to make sure it updated.
Last things dial *983*87274#on your dialer and choose "AT". If you dont your USB wont work like normal.
Last edited by Woodstock77; February 10th, 2012 at 12:10 AM.
Reason: No longer siupporting this phone.