Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > ZTE Warp (N860) > (Boost Mobile) Warp - All Things Root

Like Tree28Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 31st, 2012, 06:48 PM   #151 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
mholloway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: nj
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): GALAXY S 2-MODIFIED
Carrier: Boost mobile

Thanks: 263
Thanked 171 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyndCTRL View Post
Thanks man I'm gonna throw this in my next ROM build if you don't mind...after I install it on my current build and test it of course. From the screens that are posted it looks like 3g speeds are increased dramatically! My top speed I think to date is like 180ish KB/s.
Yes please test it .and if you like it of coarse put in your rom .
And if you don't like it just post why.like I said before feed back is important.

Advertisements
__________________
Holloway
mholloway is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 31st, 2012, 07:52 PM   #152 (permalink)
Member
 
cartersball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NC
Gender: Male
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp, nOOb VII, OC'ed to 1.8 GHz
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 80
Thanked 139 Times in 105 Posts
cartersball23@gmail.com
Default

OK. I can now fully confirm that Super III has issues with switching between wifi and 3g. Must reboot to gain connectivity when switching between the two. Can you copy and paste the lines edited with 3g tweaks here in the thread or pm? I can try and remove them one by one in text editor and see which one or combination is causing the issue.
cartersball is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:00 PM   #153 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
alsaces daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,920
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp (retired) LG Optimus G (rooted and unlocked)
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 2,352
Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,228 Posts
Default

Same problem here carter. Just checked it out
__________________
Now, now, children. Let's BEHAVE.

If someone has helped you, then hit the THANKS! if it needs a MODS attention, hit !REPORT
alsaces daddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:18 PM   #154 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
mholloway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: nj
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): GALAXY S 2-MODIFIED
Carrier: Boost mobile

Thanks: 263
Thanked 171 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartersball View Post
OK. I can now fully confirm that Super III has issues with switching between wifi and 3g. Must reboot to gain connectivity when switching between the two. Can you copy and paste the lines edited with 3g tweaks here in the thread or pm? I can try and remove them one by one in text editor and see which one or combination is causing the issue.
Yes I will write the lines I added,
ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
ro.ril.gprsclass=10
ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=10
ro.ril.hsupa.category=6
ro.ril.hsxpa=3
I messed around changing #until it worked for me.I am not having problem switching back and forth.
when you make a change, REBOOT TWICE.good luck and thank you for willing to fix instead of just uninstalling.
HEY BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, I just tested again and wifi said connected but wasn't I switched back to 3g that worked then switched back to wifi and it said connected but wasn't, sat a min.then connected. So try it again ,let it sit a min.
mholloway is offline  
Last edited by mholloway; August 31st, 2012 at 08:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mholloway For This Useful Post:
cartersball (August 31st, 2012)
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:32 PM   #155 (permalink)
Member
 
cartersball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NC
Gender: Male
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp, nOOb VII, OC'ed to 1.8 GHz
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 80
Thanked 139 Times in 105 Posts
cartersball23@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mholloway View Post
Yes I will write the lines I added,
ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
ro.ril.gprsclass=10
ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=10
ro.ril.hsupa.category=6
ro.ril.hsxpa=3
I messed around changing #until it worked for me.I am not having problem switching back and forth.
when you make a change, REBOOT TWICE.good luck and thank you for willing to fix instead of just uninstalling.
HEY BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, I just tested again and wifi said connected but wasn't I switched back to 3g that worked then switched back to wifi and it said connected but wasn't, sat a min.then connected. So try it again ,let it sit a min.
I'll try that before changing anything. When you say you messed around changing numbers are you speaking of changing the values at the ends of each line. Are these the values you currently have?
cartersball is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:32 PM   #156 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
mholloway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: nj
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): GALAXY S 2-MODIFIED
Carrier: Boost mobile

Thanks: 263
Thanked 171 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Is anyone else having this problem ? Just tested again its working here. ?
mholloway is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:38 PM   #157 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
mholloway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: nj
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): GALAXY S 2-MODIFIED
Carrier: Boost mobile

Thanks: 263
Thanked 171 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartersball View Post
I'll try that before changing anything. When you say you messed around changing numbers are you speaking of changing the values at the ends of each line. Are these the values you currently have?
Yes I can give you the ones I started with.
instead of me writing all lines again I will post in the order of how they are above OK
1 tried 2 didn't work
12 changed to 10
1
20 changed to 10
6 tried 5 didn't work
3 tried 2 didn't work
mholloway is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mholloway For This Useful Post:
cartersball (August 31st, 2012), MyndCTRL (September 1st, 2012)
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:47 PM   #158 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
mholloway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: nj
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): GALAXY S 2-MODIFIED
Carrier: Boost mobile

Thanks: 263
Thanked 171 Times in 127 Posts
Default

AND I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW I STARTED THIS THREAD TO HELP EVERYONE MAKE OUR PHONE BETTER.SO IF YOU CAN ADD TO THIS OR CHANGE SOMETHING TO MAKE IT BETTER PLEASE DO.PROPER CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN AND SUPER_PHONE NAME STAYS
(I think the name fits it good)......THANK YOU.
MyndCTRL likes this.
mholloway is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mholloway For This Useful Post:
cartersball (August 31st, 2012), Smoothkaos (September 2nd, 2012)
Old September 1st, 2012, 01:18 AM   #159 (permalink)
Member
 
cartersball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NC
Gender: Male
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp, nOOb VII, OC'ed to 1.8 GHz
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 80
Thanked 139 Times in 105 Posts
cartersball23@gmail.com
Default

OK after a little testing and research I found a way to make this work. If you are having issues switching between wifi and 3g connectivity try this and let me know how it works.

Remove the following:

ro.ril.enable.dtm=1

This line enables or disables dual transfer mode for GSM network phones. Basically enabling voice and data usage at the same time on 3g. Impossible on CDMA network phones like ours.

ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1

This line apparently enables or disables the 3g symbol next to your network name on the lock screen. I didn't notice any difference without it, except my 3g and wifi switched back and forth without issues.

Most of these tweaks are for GSM network devices so I'm not sure how much they help but I have seen slight improvement in speeds so I'm calling Super III another mholloway success story. I'll continue testing and update some more if I find anything else.

Edit: As I was typing this post on my phone I noticed the wifi suddenly lost connection to google servers and I had to turn it off and back on. 3g kicked in when I did that and wifi came back up after turning it back on. Will monitor this as well.
cartersball is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cartersball For This Useful Post:
mholloway (September 1st, 2012), MyndCTRL (September 1st, 2012)
Old September 1st, 2012, 07:34 AM   #160 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
mholloway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: nj
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): GALAXY S 2-MODIFIED
Carrier: Boost mobile

Thanks: 263
Thanked 171 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartersball View Post
OK after a little testing and research I found a way to make this work. If you are having issues switching between wifi and 3g connectivity try this and let me know how it works.

Remove the following:

ro.ril.enable.dtm=1

This line enables or disables dual transfer mode for GSM network phones. Basically enabling voice and data usage at the same time on 3g. Impossible on CDMA network phones like ours.

ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1

This line apparently enables or disables the 3g symbol next to your network name on the lock screen. I didn't notice any difference without it, except my 3g and wifi switched back and forth without issues.

Most of these tweaks are for GSM network devices so I'm not sure how much they help but I have seen slight improvement in speeds so I'm calling Super III another mholloway success story. I'll continue testing and update some more if I find anything else.

Edit: As I was typing this post on my phone I noticed the wifi suddenly lost connection to google servers and I had to turn it off and back on. 3g kicked in when I did that and wifi came back up after turning it back on. Will monitor this as well.
Nice work, I will remove thoughts to lines and repost new link and of coares give you credit.thank you.
mholloway is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 1st, 2012, 07:58 AM   #161 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
mholloway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: nj
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): GALAXY S 2-MODIFIED
Carrier: Boost mobile

Thanks: 263
Thanked 171 Times in 127 Posts
Default

I edited the op ,changed link I removed thoughs 2lines and tested wifi and3g switching is faster too , for me. So either remove lines for redownload link thank you cartersball.
mholloway is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mholloway For This Useful Post:
MyndCTRL (September 1st, 2012)
Old September 1st, 2012, 12:18 PM   #162 (permalink)
Member
 
MyndCTRL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rio Grande, NJ
Posts: 176
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp - WarpDroid ROM, HTC Hero - CM7, Samsung Galaxy Prevail - CTMod Nemesis
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 67
Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MyndCTRL
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mholloway View Post
I edited the op ,changed link I removed thoughs 2lines and tested wifi and3g switching is faster too , for me. So either remove lines for redownload link thank you cartersball.
Great work my friend, im running this script on my stock rom so far and it's working like a charm. However I did notice something small and I don't know if it's from the script or not. I'll be in the city and have all 5 bars, great reception runnin on 3g, icons are green, then all of a sudden I get 5 white bars, with a 1x logo. I do not know if I still have connection or not because I wasnt in a position to try. I think the few times it happened to me I was driving or occupied somehow. Next time i see it happen I will try though. Otherwise, great work sir marvelous.
MyndCTRL is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyndCTRL For This Useful Post:
alsaces daddy (September 1st, 2012), mholloway (September 1st, 2012)
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:16 PM   #163 (permalink)
Member
 
cartersball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NC
Gender: Male
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp, nOOb VII, OC'ed to 1.8 GHz
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 80
Thanked 139 Times in 105 Posts
cartersball23@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mholloway View Post
Nice work, I will remove thoughts to lines and repost new link and of coares give you credit.thank you.
No prob. No need to thank me I'm just trying to help out all the Warp users here. This is a great build.prop you have going. Keep finding those good tweaks!!
cartersball is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cartersball For This Useful Post:
alsaces daddy (September 1st, 2012), mholloway (September 1st, 2012)
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:24 PM   #164 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
mholloway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: nj
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): GALAXY S 2-MODIFIED
Carrier: Boost mobile

Thanks: 263
Thanked 171 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartersball View Post
No prob. No need to thank me I'm just trying to help out all the Warp users here. This is a great build.prop you have going. Keep finding those good tweaks!!
Well check out the op ,credit already given.
mholloway is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mholloway For This Useful Post:
cartersball (September 1st, 2012)
Old September 2nd, 2012, 03:11 PM   #165 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Smoothkaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sactown, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 773
 
Device(s): Rooted Galaxy SII (Boost); Rooted ZTE Warp - [RΘM] WOEM
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 364
Thanked 240 Times in 179 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollardagreat View Post
Cut On Means Tried To Connect
LMAO I love English to English language barriers. I went through it all in the military but it still cracks me up. I know what he meant
__________________
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you suck forever!
Smoothkaos is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 03:19 PM   #166 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Smoothkaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sactown, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 773
 
Device(s): Rooted Galaxy SII (Boost); Rooted ZTE Warp - [RΘM] WOEM
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 364
Thanked 240 Times in 179 Posts
Default

@ mholloway
I'm trying to determine which one to test/use but can't decide lol Any chance to clarify the different ones on the OP to be ROM specific? I'm running n00b_v right now so which one would run best for me etc etc to other roms as well. Hope you know what I mean. If a specific build.prop has any bugs for specific roms would be nice to. If not no biggie. Just helps in choosing me thinks Thank you for your efforts!
Smoothkaos is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 04:12 PM   #167 (permalink)
Member
 
cartersball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NC
Gender: Male
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp, nOOb VII, OC'ed to 1.8 GHz
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 80
Thanked 139 Times in 105 Posts
cartersball23@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothkaos View Post
@ mholloway
I'm trying to determine which one to test/use but can't decide lol Any chance to clarify the different ones on the OP to be ROM specific? I'm running n00b_v right now so which one would run best for me etc etc to other roms as well. Hope you know what I mean. If a specific build.prop has any bugs for specific roms would be nice to. If not no biggie. Just helps in choosing me thinks Thank you for your efforts!
The different versions are really just upgrades I believe, with the latest one being the most optimized. Super III runs great on noob as reported by other users on this thread. I'm currently running on Shijitsu Beta 3 and it runs smooth there as well. Other users have discussed it running well WCS also. I really think this is the build.prop file everyone should be using. This plus swap support with the Glitch kernel make this Warp what it should have been out of the box. Now all we need is an oc kernel with swap support and this becomes a monster device. Great work by all the devs here.
Smoothkaos likes this.
cartersball is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cartersball For This Useful Post:
mholloway (September 2nd, 2012), Smoothkaos (September 2nd, 2012)
Old September 2nd, 2012, 05:09 PM   #168 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Smoothkaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sactown, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 773
 
Device(s): Rooted Galaxy SII (Boost); Rooted ZTE Warp - [RΘM] WOEM
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 364
Thanked 240 Times in 179 Posts
Default

Running SUPER PHONE III on N00b_v and its running very snappy and smooth. Well done mholloway! Rebooting twice is a necessity as well otherwise the Wi-Fi switch in notification toggle does hang up so great advice there too!
MrBobo likes this.
Smoothkaos is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Smoothkaos For This Useful Post:
mholloway (September 2nd, 2012)
Old September 2nd, 2012, 05:20 PM   #169 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
LilBit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,859
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp N860 Custom Rom, Galaxy S4 Stock, Galaxy Note III, Resurrection Remix, 5.1.5 final,
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 9,030
Thanked 3,311 Times in 2,151 Posts
Default

I'm running it on stock BO8C, big improvement for my phone. Works very well. still undecided on a rom to flash though. I also like how it says Super Phone on the build #
in about phone, nice touch.
LilBit is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LilBit For This Useful Post:
mholloway (September 2nd, 2012)
Old September 2nd, 2012, 06:04 PM   #170 (permalink)
Member
 
MyndCTRL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rio Grande, NJ
Posts: 176
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp - WarpDroid ROM, HTC Hero - CM7, Samsung Galaxy Prevail - CTMod Nemesis
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 67
Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MyndCTRL
Default

I'm boggled, why do you have to reboot twice? Why doesn't once just do the trick?
MyndCTRL is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 2nd, 2012, 06:06 PM   #171 (permalink)
Member
 
MyndCTRL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rio Grande, NJ
Posts: 176
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp - WarpDroid ROM, HTC Hero - CM7, Samsung Galaxy Prevail - CTMod Nemesis
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 67
Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MyndCTRL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartersball View Post
The different versions are really just upgrades I believe, with the latest one being the most optimized. Super III runs great on noob as reported by other users on this thread. I'm currently running on Shijitsu Beta 3 and it runs smooth there as well. Other users have discussed it running well WCS also. I really think this is the build.prop file everyone should be using. This plus swap support with the Glitch kernel make this Warp what it should have been out of the box. Now all we need is an oc kernel with swap support and this becomes a monster device. Great work by all the devs here.
I'm running super phone 3 in my custom ROM and I notice a huge difference
MyndCTRL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 06:19 PM   #172 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Smoothkaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sactown, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 773
 
Device(s): Rooted Galaxy SII (Boost); Rooted ZTE Warp - [RΘM] WOEM
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 364
Thanked 240 Times in 179 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyndCTRL View Post
I'm boggled, why do you have to reboot twice? Why doesn't once just do the trick?
I thought he was joking to be honest but I started toggling Wi-Fi and it got stuck so I rebooted a second time and sure as $hit it, it fixed it. Makes no sense huh?! Lol
Smoothkaos is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:20 PM   #173 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 109
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S II 4G, ZTE Warp (broken)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

So far so good, on Super phone 3 on Shin's ROM Beta 3.
OlsonConnor is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OlsonConnor For This Useful Post:
mholloway (September 2nd, 2012)
Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:49 PM   #174 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Smoothkaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sactown, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 773
 
Device(s): Rooted Galaxy SII (Boost); Rooted ZTE Warp - [RΘM] WOEM
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 364
Thanked 240 Times in 179 Posts
Default

Bad news I turned off WiFi and went to 3g but no data. Back to WiFi and data is back. Any suggestions on 3g not working?
Smoothkaos is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:51 PM   #175 (permalink)
Resident Linux Nutcase
 
Prinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,592
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 660
Thanked 1,065 Times in 739 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothkaos View Post
Bad news I turned off WiFi and went to 3g but no data. Back to WiFi and data is back. Any suggestions on 3g not working?
Are you using an app like juice defender? Check under mobile networks and see if mobile data is enabled or not.
__________________
Want to brighten my day? Feel free to donate
Prinny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 08:09 PM   #176 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MrBobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dimondale, MI
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,202
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note II ZTE Warp n00b ROM Samsung Prevail CT Mod ROM
Carrier: Verizon, Boost

Thanks: 615
Thanked 1,316 Times in 553 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothkaos View Post
@ mholloway
I'm trying to determine which one to test/use but can't decide lol Any chance to clarify the different ones on the OP to be ROM specific? I'm running n00b_v right now so which one would run best for me etc etc to other roms as well. Hope you know what I mean. If a specific build.prop has any bugs for specific roms would be nice to. If not no biggie. Just helps in choosing me thinks Thank you for your efforts!
the noob v update had superphone II installed already, glad to hear III is working for you, I will test it and might include it in the full v release
MrBobo is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrBobo For This Useful Post:
mholloway (September 2nd, 2012)
Old September 2nd, 2012, 08:12 PM   #177 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Smoothkaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sactown, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 773
 
Device(s): Rooted Galaxy SII (Boost); Rooted ZTE Warp - [RΘM] WOEM
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 364
Thanked 240 Times in 179 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
Are you using an app like juice defender? Check under mobile networks and see if mobile data is enabled or not.
Nah I don't use those but I am running Autokiller Memory Optimizer but I don't see where that would affect 3g. I'm all ears though and open minded for suggestions. I've checked all my system settings and everything is right. Even turned on airplane mode and manually reset my 3g with an app I have called Network Booster Pro but still nope. I see that Mrbobo says SP II was already installed on n00b_v so I'll put that on
Smoothkaos is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 08:13 PM   #178 (permalink)
Resident Linux Nutcase
 
Prinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,592
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 660
Thanked 1,065 Times in 739 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothkaos View Post
Nah I don't use those but I am running Autokiller Memory Optimizer but I don't see where that would affect 3g. I'm all ears though and open minded for suggestions. I've checked all my system settings and everything is right. Even turned on airplane mode and manually reset my 3g with an app I have called Network Booster Pro but still nope. I see that Mrbobo says SP II was already installed on n00b_v so I'll put that on
Was mobile data enabled? Mine has randomly turned off for some reason. Turned it back on and poof, 3G
Prinny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:05 PM   #179 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
mholloway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: nj
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): GALAXY S 2-MODIFIED
Carrier: Boost mobile

Thanks: 263
Thanked 171 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothkaos View Post
Nah I don't use those but I am running Autokiller Memory Optimizer but I don't see where that would affect 3g. I'm all ears though and open minded for suggestions. I've checked all my system settings and everything is right. Even turned on airplane mode and manually reset my 3g with an app I have called Network Booster Pro but still nope. I see that Mrbobo says SP II was already installed on n00b_v so I'll put that on
I am not sure what to say,everyone else seems Ok.
mholloway is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:08 PM   #180 (permalink)
Member
 
cartersball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NC
Gender: Male
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp, nOOb VII, OC'ed to 1.8 GHz
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 80
Thanked 139 Times in 105 Posts
cartersball23@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothkaos View Post
Bad news I turned off WiFi and went to 3g but no data. Back to WiFi and data is back. Any suggestions on 3g not working?
Did you reboot twice after installing the build.prop? Also open the build.prop in text editor and make sure that the lines discussed a few posts back have been removed.
cartersball is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:18 PM   #181 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Smoothkaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sactown, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 773
 
Device(s): Rooted Galaxy SII (Boost); Rooted ZTE Warp - [RΘM] WOEM
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 364
Thanked 240 Times in 179 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartersball View Post
Did you reboot twice after installing the build.prop? Also open the build.prop in text editor and make sure that the lines discussed a few posts back have been removed.
Ok will do. I assumed from an earlier post that the OP link had the two lines removed already. I'll keep you all updated. Thanks
Smoothkaos is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Smoothkaos For This Useful Post:
cartersball (September 2nd, 2012)
Old September 2nd, 2012, 10:04 PM   #182 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
mholloway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: nj
Posts: 822
 
Device(s): GALAXY S 2-MODIFIED
Carrier: Boost mobile

Thanks: 263
Thanked 171 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartersball View Post
Did you reboot twice after installing the build.prop? Also open the build.prop in text editor and make sure that the lines discussed a few posts back have been removed.
Or re download link the lines are removed now.
mholloway is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mholloway For This Useful Post:
cartersball (September 2nd, 2012)
Old November 23rd, 2012, 02:42 PM   #183 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
smartmanvartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal, Canada
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,337
 
Device(s): ZTE N861 Rooted With unamed Rom, ZTE N860 Rooted With Voltron OC V2 (Testing), ZTE N762 Rooted
Carrier: Public Mobile

Thanks: 435
Thanked 623 Times in 434 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to smartmanvartan
Default

Bump
smartmanvartan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 03:33 PM   #184 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
LilBit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,859
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp N860 Custom Rom, Galaxy S4 Stock, Galaxy Note III, Resurrection Remix, 5.1.5 final,
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 9,030
Thanked 3,311 Times in 2,151 Posts
Default

I thought we had all this build.prop stuff worked out.
LilBit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 03:46 PM   #185 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
smartmanvartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal, Canada
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,337
 
Device(s): ZTE N861 Rooted With unamed Rom, ZTE N860 Rooted With Voltron OC V2 (Testing), ZTE N762 Rooted
Carrier: Public Mobile

Thanks: 435
Thanked 623 Times in 434 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to smartmanvartan
Default

Sorry just for me and anyone on public mobile.. you guys have this stuff worked out but we're starting from scratch and some of this info is really useful...
alsaces daddy and LilBit like this.
smartmanvartan is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smartmanvartan For This Useful Post:
LilBit (November 23rd, 2012)
Old November 23rd, 2012, 04:00 PM   #186 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
LilBit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,859
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp N860 Custom Rom, Galaxy S4 Stock, Galaxy Note III, Resurrection Remix, 5.1.5 final,
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 9,030
Thanked 3,311 Times in 2,151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartmanvartan View Post
Sorry just for me and anyone on public mobile.. you guys have this stuff worked out but we're starting from scratch and some of this info is really useful...

Oh shoowey!! I keep forgetting!! I'm sorry!!
smartmanvartan likes this.
LilBit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #187 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Bone334's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northwest Arkansas
Gender: Male
Posts: 73
 
Device(s): HTC Design 4g (rooted) ZTE Warp CTmod (rooted) B08c Samsung Prevail
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 30
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default OpenBuildProp

This site is an excellent idea with sharing and browsing many build.prop tweaks from other developers/users.

OpenBuildProp

May I recommend a sticky for build.props only?
LilBit likes this.
Bone334 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bone334 For This Useful Post:
smartmanvartan (November 28th, 2012)
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > ZTE Warp (N860) > (Boost Mobile) Warp - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.