Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > ZTE Warp (N860) > (Boost Mobile) Warp - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree26Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 11th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Digital Packrat
Thread Author (OP)
 
mercury0x000d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Penn's Woods
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,641
 
Device(s): rooted Motorola I1 (retired), rooted ZTE Warp running Warp OEM 2.70
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 913
Thanked 1,226 Times in 743 Posts
Default I smell a RAT!

So I've been doing testing of my ROM for the majority of the time I've had my Warp. During the development of my build.prop tweaks, I noticed the following lines:

Code:
#
# system props for the cne module
#
# modify the data config wangcheng_ril_20110120
persist.cne.UseCne=false
persist.cne.loadVendorCne=true
persist.cne.bat.range.low.med=30
persist.cne.bat.range.med.high=60
persist.cne.loc.policy.op=/system/etc/OperatorPolicy.xml
persist.cne.loc.policy.user=/system/etc/UserPolicy.xml
persist.cne.bwbased.rat.sel=true
persist.cne.snsr.based.rat.mgt=true
persist.cne.bat.based.rat.mgt=true
persist.cne.rat.acq.time.out=30000
persist.cne.rat.acq.retry.tout=0
Notice the "rat" in the italicized lines. Now, perhaps I'm being paranoid, but in computing you would normally interpret that abbreviation as "Remote Administration Tool." What is that? Basically any program you can use to monitor or control a remote computer, such as TightVNC or TeamViewer. Not knowing if my suspicions were correct or not, I changed all the values to false to hopefully "disable" the RAT, if one in fact existed. My phone continued to perform normally, even during heavy tethering use, so I concluded all was well.

Fast forward several months...

Recently, Ive been doing some ROM testing, and due to some issues with the tweaks I had in build.prop, I swapped it out for the original version giving no thought to these lines which I had removed before. Today, not even three days after swapping the files, I receive a text from Boost saying that I am violating the TOS, blah, blah, blah...

So, what I want to know is... could this be only a coincidence? Or does our phone have some kind of integrated monitor?
Dontaskme and LilBit like this.

__________________
The name's Thirteen. Mercury Thirteen.
My Android work: ABSM, PRL compilation, Mercury Sound Packs, PowerNap, Warp OEM ROM
mercury0x000d is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mercury0x000d For This Useful Post:
LilBit (September 11th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old September 11th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
alsaces daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,920
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp (retired) LG Optimus G (rooted and unlocked)
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 2,352
Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,228 Posts
Default

What TOS did you violate?
__________________
Now, now, children. Let's BEHAVE.

If someone has helped you, then hit the THANKS! if it needs a MODS attention, hit !REPORT
alsaces daddy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
LilBit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,823
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp N860 Custom Rom
Carrier: Encrypted

Thanks: 8,975
Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,144 Posts
Default

If this is true then I'm Pissed!!! Can I edit my own build.prop from within the phone? Using file explorer or root explorer?
LilBit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
pamase201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: jersey city new jersey
Gender: Male
Posts: 235
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy s2
Carrier: boost mobile

Thanks: 18
Thanked 42 Times in 27 Posts
pamase81
Default

wow
pamase201 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drewhill77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 657
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp, Samsung Galaxy Prevail
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 87
Thanked 203 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaces daddy View Post
What TOS did you violate?
I'm pretty sure that the Terms of Service states that we are not allowed to modify or alter in anyway the firmware of our phones...ie root, custom ROM's, etc.
__________________
If you don't already have a dropbox account click this link http://db.tt/cWUg5hOR

I don't want your money...unless you want to give it to me. But if I've helped you...hit that thanks button
drewhill77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Digital Packrat
Thread Author (OP)
 
mercury0x000d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Penn's Woods
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,641
 
Device(s): rooted Motorola I1 (retired), rooted ZTE Warp running Warp OEM 2.70
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 913
Thanked 1,226 Times in 743 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaces daddy View Post
What TOS did you violate?
Something in reference to fair usage, tethering, using your phone as a modem, etc., etc.
mercury0x000d is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Digital Packrat
Thread Author (OP)
 
mercury0x000d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Penn's Woods
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,641
 
Device(s): rooted Motorola I1 (retired), rooted ZTE Warp running Warp OEM 2.70
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 913
Thanked 1,226 Times in 743 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc22352 View Post
If this is true then I'm Pissed!!! Can I edit my own build.prop from within the phone? Using file explorer or root explorer?
I know, right? Yes, you can do that. Just navigate to the build.prop file (/system/build.prop) and edit it directly. I set the lines to all false and the two numeric values to 0.
LilBit likes this.
mercury0x000d is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mercury0x000d For This Useful Post:
LilBit (September 11th, 2012)
Old September 11th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tigatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,161
 
Device(s): D710BST
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 107
Thanked 373 Times in 258 Posts
Default

Interesting. So you had.

# system props for the cne module
#
# modify the data config wangcheng_ril_20110120
persist.cne.UseCne=false
persist.cne.loadVendorCne=true
persist.cne.bat.range.low.med=30
persist.cne.bat.range.med.high=60
persist.cne.loc.policy.op=/system/etc/OperatorPolicy.xml
persist.cne.loc.policy.user=/system/etc/UserPolicy.xml
persist.cne.bwbased.rat.sel=false
persist.cne.snsr.based.rat.mgt=false
persist.cne.bat.based.rat.mgt=false
persist.cne.rat.acq.time.out=0
persist.cne.rat.acq.retry.tout=0
__________________
We were given a paradise! All we had to do was live there in peace. But we proved unworthy... and paradise is no more.
Tigatron is offline  
Last edited by Tigatron; September 11th, 2012 at 11:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Digital Packrat
Thread Author (OP)
 
mercury0x000d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Penn's Woods
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,641
 
Device(s): rooted Motorola I1 (retired), rooted ZTE Warp running Warp OEM 2.70
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 913
Thanked 1,226 Times in 743 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
Interesting. So you had.

# system props for the cne module
#
# modify the data config wangcheng_ril_20110120
persist.cne.UseCne=false
persist.cne.loadVendorCne=true
persist.cne.bat.range.low.med=30
persist.cne.bat.range.med.high=60
persist.cne.loc.policy.op=/system/etc/OperatorPolicy.xml
persist.cne.loc.policy.user=/system/etc/UserPolicy.xml
persist.cne.bwbased.rat.sel=false
persist.cne.snsr.based.rat.mgt=false
persist.cne.bat.based.rat.mgt=false
persist.cne.rat.acq.time.out=0
persist.cne.rat.acq.retry.tout=0

Correct, that's what I changed them to.
mercury0x000d is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drewhill77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 657
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp, Samsung Galaxy Prevail
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 87
Thanked 203 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Okay everybody calm down... following the trail of the cne module led me to userpolicy.xml which references w3.org... which manages internet standards and such...
drewhill77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tigatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,161
 
Device(s): D710BST
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 107
Thanked 373 Times in 258 Posts
Default

Good that's what my build says.

Only thing I noticed after changeing it is when I reboot it seems to take longer for the 3G to come on
Tigatron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tigatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,161
 
Device(s): D710BST
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 107
Thanked 373 Times in 258 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewhill77 View Post
Okay everybody calm down... following the trail of the cne module led me to userpolicy.xml which references w3.org... which manages internet standards and such...
In english please.
Tigatron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
LilBit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,823
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp N860 Custom Rom
Carrier: Encrypted

Thanks: 8,975
Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,144 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
Good that's what my build says.

Only thing I noticed after changeing it is when I reboot it seems to take longer for the 3G to come on
Same here. Gonna test out my texting and internet, and wifi tether in a few. But I did edit the file. And like you said, it took 3G a little longer to come on.
LilBit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drewhill77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 657
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp, Samsung Galaxy Prevail
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 87
Thanked 203 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
In english please.
They are the ones a set standards so that web pages are viewable on all browsers... I'm guessing that if our phones encounter an error when trying to view a webpage it throws a quick debug message to them
drewhill77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tigatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,161
 
Device(s): D710BST
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 107
Thanked 373 Times in 258 Posts
Default

That seems fishy to me. Then again if my PC wants to send an error report I say no.
Tigatron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
obitron21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Exclamation nefarious intentions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury0x000d View Post
Correct, that's what I changed them to.
I wouldnt doubt it here guys an android is one big tracking beacon in your pocket i dont know how many of you can get on the deep web or know what it is but the hackers bbs i am a member of highly recommends either not buying an android or hacking google completely out of the phones system the latter is a highly delicate process because you have to basically find every code that ties into google and change it to the anonymous codes they list the ip hack that removes the throttling we have all heard of it yes well i have a feeling that they know too because i have it set up the exact way i was told to do and everytime i tether i have to reboot to even get 1x signal you think they dont browse here looking for what we do i dont mean to sound like a paranoid internet fearing individual but they are here they are waiting
LilBit likes this.
 
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
LilBit (September 11th, 2012), Russ71 (September 12th, 2012)
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tigatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,161
 
Device(s): D710BST
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 107
Thanked 373 Times in 258 Posts
Default

Lol I know what your getting at but minor mods might help.

As for you needing to reboot I had the same issues with my evo after tweeking the hect out of it.
Tigatron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
LilBit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,823
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp N860 Custom Rom
Carrier: Encrypted

Thanks: 8,975
Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,144 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obitron21 View Post
I wouldnt doubt it here guys an android is one big tracking beacon in your pocket i dont know how many of you can get on the deep web or know what it is but the hackers bbs i am a member of highly recommends either not buying an android or hacking google completely out of the phones system the latter is a highly delicate process because you have to basically find every code that ties into google and change it to the anonymous codes they list the ip hack that removes the throttling we have all heard of it yes well i have a feeling that they know too because i have it set up the exact way i was told to do and everytime i tether i have to reboot to even get 1x signal you think they dont browse here looking for what we do i dont mean to sound like a paranoid internet fearing individual but they are here they are waiting
I tried that right after I rooted this phone last year and really messed it up. I used TB to delete google market and gmail, really messed up the phone bad. But now, with the new way to root and cwm my phone is back better than ever.


Now, after editing the build.prop I seem to have a full signal all over my apt, where as before it would alsway switch between 1X and 3G constantly. WTF!! Also everything seems to be working ok, wifi tether, text, internet with boat browser, etc. Cant really call anyone because its so late , but I'll be watching the phone, and this thread like a freakin Hawk!! This shit just burns me up!!
LilBit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tigatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,161
 
Device(s): D710BST
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 107
Thanked 373 Times in 258 Posts
Default

I'm seeing no change in signal but if you are
Tigatron is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tigatron For This Useful Post:
LilBit (September 11th, 2012)
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
Digital Packrat
Thread Author (OP)
 
mercury0x000d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Penn's Woods
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,641
 
Device(s): rooted Motorola I1 (retired), rooted ZTE Warp running Warp OEM 2.70
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 913
Thanked 1,226 Times in 743 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
That seems fishy to me. Then again if my PC wants to send an error report I say no.
I agree, I do the same thing! lol

The way I see it, if it's something as simple as a little debug message being sent, there'd most likely be an option to turn it off. Companies can debug their own code with or without our help, although granted having a couple thousand debug messages from real-world usage would speed things up a bit. But my point here is that they really don't care if they get our error reports and debug data or not. But something that they don't give us an (accessable) option to turn off? That sounds very fishy to me indeed.
LilBit likes this.
mercury0x000d is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
LilBit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,823
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp N860 Custom Rom
Carrier: Encrypted

Thanks: 8,975
Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,144 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury0x000d View Post
I agree, I do the same thing! lol

The way I see it, if it's something as simple as a little debug message being sent, there'd most likely be an option to turn it off. Companies can debug their own code with or without our help, although granted having a couple thousand debug messages from real-world usage would speed things up a bit. But my point here is that they really don't care if they get our error reports and debug data or not. But something that they don't give us an (accessable) option to turn off? That sounds very fishy to me indeed.
I'm running Ubuntu, and very rarely does it tell me I had an internal error, would you like to send a report. I always click no.
LilBit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drewhill77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 657
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp, Samsung Galaxy Prevail
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 87
Thanked 203 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Please pardon me but I am doing this research on my phone since I'm driving... it is possible this could be part of boosts ota updates. I'll be off work and home in about another hour and can do some more thorough research...
drewhill77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
obitron21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Exclamation parasitic corporations

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc22352 View Post
I tried that right after I rooted this phone last year and really messed it up. I used TB to delete google market and gmail, really messed up the phone bad. But now, with the new way to root and cwm my phone is back better than ever.


Now, after editing the build.prop I seem to have a full signal all over my apt, where as before it would alsway switch between 1X and 3G constantly. WTF!! Also everything seems to be working ok, wifi tether, text, internet with boat browser, etc. Cant really call anyone because its so late , but I'll be watching the phone, and this thread like a freakin Hawk!! This shit just burns me up!!
If it was that easy to remove them would they still be in business they update these phones daily sir everytime backround data is on do you know whats happening do you think they want you to know i bet all methods of removing google completely go obsolete on a daily basis its what they do guys they are only in business to keep an eye on us it has nothing to do with apps or simple codes the guys on my hack bbs are talking total phone recoding total manipulation of phone os and total software overwrites and rewrites this isnt anything simple if it was a thread would have been made how to do it i read the instructions and by the time i was done i couldnt think because i hurt my brain it is not simple if the phone is your main phone dont bother if its a test i will try to find the link and make a thread for you guys
 
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tigatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,161
 
Device(s): D710BST
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 107
Thanked 373 Times in 258 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewhill77 View Post
Please pardon me but I am doing this research on my phone since I'm driving... it is possible this could be part of boosts ota updates. I'll be off work and home in about another hour and can do some more thorough research...
1) don't be doing that and driving that's dangerous
2) if it has to do with ota most of us don't need that then.
3) yes check into it when home.
mercury0x000d likes this.
Tigatron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Digital Packrat
Thread Author (OP)
 
mercury0x000d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Penn's Woods
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,641
 
Device(s): rooted Motorola I1 (retired), rooted ZTE Warp running Warp OEM 2.70
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 913
Thanked 1,226 Times in 743 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewhill77 View Post
Please pardon me but I am doing this research on my phone since I'm driving... it is possible this could be part of boosts ota updates. I'll be off work and home in about another hour and can do some more thorough research...
In my research I ran into the same possible association, but nowhere does it come out and say what these lines are for.

And there's the issue of the huge coincidence that I swap build.prop files and within days get the message from Angryface, Inc.
mercury0x000d is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drewhill77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 657
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp, Samsung Galaxy Prevail
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 87
Thanked 203 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
1) don't be doing that and driving that's dangerous
2) if it has to do with ota most of us don't need that then.
3) yes check into it when home.

Lol... That's what speech to text and text to speech are for. But yeah I'll look into it when I get home
drewhill77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Digital Packrat
Thread Author (OP)
 
mercury0x000d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Penn's Woods
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,641
 
Device(s): rooted Motorola I1 (retired), rooted ZTE Warp running Warp OEM 2.70
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 913
Thanked 1,226 Times in 743 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
1) don't be doing that and driving that's dangerous
2) if it has to do with ota most of us don't need that then.
3) yes check into it when home.
That made me lol
mercury0x000d is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drewhill77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 657
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp, Samsung Galaxy Prevail
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 87
Thanked 203 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury0x000d View Post
In my research I ran into the same possible association, but nowhere does it come out and say what these lines are for.

And there's the issue of the huge coincidence that I swap build.prop files and within days get the message from Angryface, Inc.
I assume you are using your own ROM. I haven't looked at it thoroughly enough to know...in your build.prop did you alter any of the line about build, device, etc?
drewhill77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #29 (permalink)
Digital Packrat
Thread Author (OP)
 
mercury0x000d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Penn's Woods
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,641
 
Device(s): rooted Motorola I1 (retired), rooted ZTE Warp running Warp OEM 2.70
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 913
Thanked 1,226 Times in 743 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewhill77 View Post
I assume you are using your own ROM.
Yes, I was running a test build of my ROM, Warp OEM.



Quote:
Originally Posted by drewhill77 View Post
I haven't looked at it thoroughly enough to know...in your build.prop did you alter any of the line about build, device, etc?
No, nothing else changed. I had been running the build.prop with the name of my ROM in it during testing (for literally weeks), and heard nothing from Boost. Only when I went back to the stock build.prop did I get this message.
mercury0x000d is offline  
Last edited by mercury0x000d; September 12th, 2012 at 12:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drewhill77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 657
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp, Samsung Galaxy Prevail
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 87
Thanked 203 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Again...I'll do more research when I get home. One other possibility is that they've caught on to your data usage...I assume you're throttlefixed...
drewhill77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 12th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tigatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,161
 
Device(s): D710BST
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 107
Thanked 373 Times in 258 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewhill77 View Post
Lol... That's what speech to text and text to speech are for. But yeah I'll look into it when I get home
Even with those nifty things you have to fiddle with the phone.
Tigatron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #32 (permalink)
Digital Packrat
Thread Author (OP)
 
mercury0x000d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Penn's Woods
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,641
 
Device(s): rooted Motorola I1 (retired), rooted ZTE Warp running Warp OEM 2.70
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 913
Thanked 1,226 Times in 743 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewhill77 View Post
Again...I'll do more research when I get home. One other possibility is that they've caught on to your data usage...I assume you're throttlefixed...
If you're referring to throttlefix.zip, yes, my ROM has that built in. I was under the impression the throttle it fixed to was the CPU throttle, though, not bandwidth throttling which AFAIK is done on Boost's side of things, not on our phones.
mercury0x000d is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drewhill77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 657
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp, Samsung Galaxy Prevail
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 87
Thanked 203 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
Even with those nifty things you have to fiddle with the phone.

Not with vlingo...
cartersball likes this.
drewhill77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drewhill77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 657
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp, Samsung Galaxy Prevail
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 87
Thanked 203 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury0x000d View Post
If you're referring to throttlefix.zip, yes, my ROM has that built in. I was under the impression the throttle it fixed to was the CPU throttle, though, not bandwidth throttling which AFAIK is done on Boost's side of things, not on our phones.

No its bandwidth throttling for when we go over 2.5 gigs/mo I believe
drewhill77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 12:34 AM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tigatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,161
 
Device(s): D710BST
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 107
Thanked 373 Times in 258 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewhill77 View Post
Not with vlingo...
Vlingo bites. Sorry i tried it with bat results.
and you still have to fiddle with the phone with it.




Quote:
Originally Posted by drewhill77 View Post
No its bandwidth throttling for when we go over 2.5 gigs/mo I believe
Is the 2.5gb cap for total data use? Or just download? Ive hit 3+gig every month and my speed never dropped even on stock os
Tigatron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 12:40 AM   #36 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drewhill77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 657
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp, Samsung Galaxy Prevail
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 87
Thanked 203 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
Vlingo bites. Sorry i tried it with bat results.
and you still have to fiddle with the phone with it.






Is the 2.5gb cap for total data use? Or just download? Ive hit 3+gig every month and my speed never dropped even on stock os
I honestly don't know... people have claimed to hear that from boost reps but I haven't heard of anybody actually being throttled...
drewhill77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #37 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tigatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,161
 
Device(s): D710BST
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 107
Thanked 373 Times in 258 Posts
Default

Lol I know full well crickets cap was real... by the 10th of almost every Month I was throttled. There's was up and down combined 1gb/mo when I stopped using them (supposedly its 2gb/mo now)
Tigatron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
UnknownUser1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,268
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 119
Thanked 145 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Does noob have the throttle removed
UnknownUser1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #39 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tigatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,161
 
Device(s): D710BST
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 107
Thanked 373 Times in 258 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownUser1 View Post
Does noob have the throttle removed
Was just looking into that. Not sure
Tigatron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #40 (permalink)
Digital Packrat
Thread Author (OP)
 
mercury0x000d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Penn's Woods
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,641
 
Device(s): rooted Motorola I1 (retired), rooted ZTE Warp running Warp OEM 2.70
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 913
Thanked 1,226 Times in 743 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
...Ive hit 3+gig every month and my speed never dropped even on stock os
Three gigs? *heh heh* Three gigs...

I use just a tad more than you lol
mercury0x000d is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 12th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #41 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tigatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,161
 
Device(s): D710BST
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 107
Thanked 373 Times in 258 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury0x000d View Post
Three gigs? *heh heh* Three gigs...

I use just a tad more than you lol
Gigity gigity gigity

Lol I put 3+ because 3.2gigs was the lowest hit 4.1gigs last month. Oops
Tigatron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 01:00 AM   #42 (permalink)
Digital Packrat
Thread Author (OP)
 
mercury0x000d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Penn's Woods
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,641
 
Device(s): rooted Motorola I1 (retired), rooted ZTE Warp running Warp OEM 2.70
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 913
Thanked 1,226 Times in 743 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewhill77 View Post
I honestly don't know... people have claimed to hear that from boost reps but I haven't heard of anybody actually being throttled...
According to a press release I read awhile back, Boost said they will throttle 4G customers down to 3G if they go over the cap. They will not drop anyone below 3G speeds.
mercury0x000d is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mercury0x000d For This Useful Post:
Tigatron (September 12th, 2012)
Old September 12th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #43 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drewhill77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 657
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp, Samsung Galaxy Prevail
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 87
Thanked 203 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownUser1 View Post
Does noob have the throttle removed
It doesn't appear so...throttlefixed services.jar is 677k where as his is 689k...
drewhill77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to drewhill77 For This Useful Post:
Tigatron (September 12th, 2012)
Old September 12th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tigatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,161
 
Device(s): D710BST
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 107
Thanked 373 Times in 258 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury0x000d View Post
According to a press release I read awhile back, Boost said they will throttle 4G customers down to 3G if they go over the cap. They will not drop anyone below 3G speeds.
That's good to know
Tigatron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 01:03 AM   #45 (permalink)
Digital Packrat
Thread Author (OP)
 
mercury0x000d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Penn's Woods
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,641
 
Device(s): rooted Motorola I1 (retired), rooted ZTE Warp running Warp OEM 2.70
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 913
Thanked 1,226 Times in 743 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
Gigity gigity gigity...
Alllllllllriiiiiiiiiiight
Tigatron likes this.
mercury0x000d is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mercury0x000d For This Useful Post:
Tigatron (September 12th, 2012)
Old September 12th, 2012, 01:06 AM   #46 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tigatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,161
 
Device(s): D710BST
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 107
Thanked 373 Times in 258 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury0x000d View Post
Alllllllllriiiiiiiiiiight
3 gigs = 3 gigitys
Tigatron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 01:31 AM   #47 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
UnknownUser1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,268
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 119
Thanked 145 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewhill77 View Post
It doesn't appear so...throttlefixed services.jar is 677k where as his is 689k...
Can someone post the zip to remove throttle
UnknownUser1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #48 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drewhill77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 657
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp, Samsung Galaxy Prevail
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 87
Thanked 203 Times in 162 Posts
Default

lol...the most I can find is that 1. it's not just boost...it's on other carriers too and 2. it seems to be part of most webpages on the net...go to a random page and view it's source and you'll see that www.w3.org/2001/...or www.w3.org/1999/..., etc is present in most of them...so I'm going to say it's most likely harmless...i think...maybe...i guess
drewhill77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 01:40 AM   #49 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drewhill77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 657
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp, Samsung Galaxy Prevail
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 87
Thanked 203 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownUser1 View Post
Can someone post the zip to remove throttle
http://db.tt/fcanRTH2
drewhill77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #50 (permalink)
syi
Senior Member
 
syi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: oregon
Gender: Male
Posts: 564
 
Device(s): HTC evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 31
Thanked 55 Times in 44 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to syi
Default

I was under the impression that the throttle fix did nothing since throttle is done on the providers end
syi is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > ZTE Warp (N860) > (Boost Mobile) Warp - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.