October 30th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Oct 2011
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Reverb
Carrier: Virgin Mobile
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
buying advice for Boost smartphones
I've pretty much decided to switch to Boost now that my AT&T contract has ended. I'm trying to decide on a phone to buy and had a few questions for you guys.
My options are the Samsung Prevail and the Samsung Transform Ultra. I like the Ultra because it has a slideout keyboard, but the Prevail has a nicer pricepoint. Does anyone have any input on either of these? I want a basic Android phone that will play nicely with Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, and Grooveshark and that's about it. I've got a few questions too.
1. Can each phone support Flash? I'd like to be able to run turntable.fm's site in the browser (skyfire, probably, since it supports Flash). Anybody tried that specific site?
2. Is the Prevail upgradeable to Android 2.3?
3. Can these phones be rooted for wireless tethering?
4. What's considered reasonable data usage? I can't find any specific numbers anywhere online.
5. how is customer service and support? Good? Bad? Meh?