Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Boost Mobile

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kamau

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 5th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Kamau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: S.W. Lower Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,032
 
Device(s): Motorola Xoom, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile

Thanks: 155
Thanked 118 Times in 92 Posts
Default Impressions of S2 on Boost

Anyone that has the S2 on Boost, what are your thoughts on it.
Currently, I have the HTC EVO 3D 4G on Virgin Mobile. I chose this one over the Boost version because of the dual core processor. Now though, the S2 comes along, and even though it has a single core processor, I am tempted to switch because of the camera (8 mp), and it's screen size.
I'd like to know about how the phone handles itself in those areas, but also would like to know generally how the phone itself is on Boost (I had one on AT&T earlier thus year).

Advertisements
Kamau is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 5th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 230
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 46 Times in 37 Posts
Default

The s2 is a DUAL core processor and it blows t he htc out of the water. It is faster, bigger, and louder. S2 is worth the switch, I've had them both
Firewill10 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Kamau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: S.W. Lower Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,032
 
Device(s): Motorola Xoom, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile

Thanks: 155
Thanked 118 Times in 92 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewill10 View Post
The s2 is a DUAL core processor and it blows t he htc out of the water. It is faster, bigger, and louder. S2 is worth the switch, I've had them both
Looks like you should hit up Sammy for a commission, because did I NOT know the S2 was a dual core unit, but I'm now sold on going over to it. I'm really not sweating the 4g issue as my area does not have it, and is probably a year or two from getting it.
Thanks for the heads up.
Kamau is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: PA/NJ Usa
Posts: 922
 
Device(s): Evo 3d. Evo 4g. Galaxy SII. Nexus S 4g. Galaxy Prevail (the most loved), Galaxy S3
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 62
Thanked 346 Times in 213 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamau View Post
and is probably a year or two from getting it.
If at all. Wimax is dead.
kolosus is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 03:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,244
 
Device(s): SGS2- GB08, Samsung Prevail- CTMod 3.75
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 154
Thanked 278 Times in 167 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamau View Post
Looks like you should hit up Sammy for a commission, because did I NOT know the S2 was a dual core unit, but I'm now sold on going over to it. I'm really not sweating the 4g issue as my area does not have it, and is probably a year or two from getting it.
Thanks for the heads up.
The EVO 3D seems like a good phone.

While I love my S2 I am not sure it is worth $370 to upgrade from the EVO 3D, but I am a value minded person.
kevincott is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 09:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Kamau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: S.W. Lower Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,032
 
Device(s): Motorola Xoom, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile

Thanks: 155
Thanked 118 Times in 92 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincott View Post
The EVO 3D seems like a good phone.

While I love my S2 I am not sure it is worth $370 to upgrade from the EVO 3D, but I am a value minded person.
It is a decent phone, but the S2 screen size, and it's 8mp camera, makes it a better choice for me. But I am gonna give it a month or two. The closer Christmas gets, I'm sure the price will drop a few dollars.
Capn069 likes this.
Kamau is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 08:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamau View Post
Anyone that has the S2 on Boost, what are your thoughts on it.
Currently, I have the HTC EVO 3D 4G on Virgin Mobile. I chose this one over the Boost version because of the dual core processor. Now though, the S2 comes along, and even though it has a single core processor, I am tempted to switch because of the camera (8 mp), and it's screen size.
I'd like to know about how the phone handles itself in those areas, but also would like to know generally how the phone itself is on Boost (I had one on AT&T earlier thus year).
I love my S2 but I took the easier route and just flashed my S2 from Sprint over to Boost. I love this phone though. The screen size is great. The only thing I will say is that the first thing you'll want to do is hit up eBay and buy a 2300mah battery. It will still fit in the stock case but it's so worth it especially if you plan on flashing your Android version over to ICS or JB. They drain battery like no other.

The camera takes some really clear and amazing pictures. I really wish the front facing camera had a flash on it but that's about the only thing I feel that it's lacking.

If you get a case, go for a slimline one. The otterbox cases make your phone seem HUGE when it's really not.
wcsc12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Trimbaud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Gender: Male
Posts: 214
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp (Boost), Nexus 7, Acer A200, Motorola Droid X2, iphone4
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 70
Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Tony.g.hicks
Default

Anyone with the knowledge to compare the S2 to the Nexus? With a new Nexus likely this year, looks like this would be (arguably) a comparison of last year's 2 best phones. I'm thinking of ditching the Warp for one of them. Obviously, the S2 would be simpler, because I wouldn't have to switch carriers.
But, what are forum thoughts on each?
Thx
Trimbaud is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,244
 
Device(s): SGS2- GB08, Samsung Prevail- CTMod 3.75
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 154
Thanked 278 Times in 167 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimbaud View Post
Anyone with the knowledge to compare the S2 to the Nexus? With a new Nexus likely this year, looks like this would be (arguably) a comparison of last year's 2 best phones. I'm thinking of ditching the Warp for one of them. Obviously, the S2 would be simpler, because I wouldn't have to switch carriers.
But, what are forum thoughts on each?
Thx
They are both great phones and you cna't go wrong either way. Also both have good after-market development.

I think you should go more for the right cell plan; the coverage/cost will prolly mean more to you than the difference between Nexus/S2. I have not seen the Nexus on prepaid yet.

Keep in mind to the impending sale of Sprint to Softbank, a Japanese carrier that is known as consumer-friendly. This will prolly bode well for Boost/Virgin customers.
kevincott is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Trimbaud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Gender: Male
Posts: 214
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp (Boost), Nexus 7, Acer A200, Motorola Droid X2, iphone4
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 70
Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Tony.g.hicks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincott View Post
They are both great phones and you cna't go wrong either way. Also both have good after-market development.

I think you should go more for the right cell plan; the coverage/cost will prolly mean more to you than the difference between Nexus/S2. I have not seen the Nexus on prepaid yet.

Keep in mind to the impending sale of Sprint to Softbank, a Japanese carrier that is known as consumer-friendly. This will prolly bode well for Boost/Virgin customers.
Looks like, with a SIM Card, I can use T-Mobile prepaid at 30/month for 5gb data - only 100 minutes, but who uses a phone to talk?
Trimbaud is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 14th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 371
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp 4G
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 68
Thanked 99 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimbaud View Post
Looks like, with a SIM Card, I can use T-Mobile prepaid
Yep...many people put the Nexus on a prepaid plan with a GSM carrier, such as TMo or StraightTalk
ZingBot is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Boost Mobile
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.