March 9th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kennewick Wa
Device(s): My cell phone co. is Boost Mobile
I now have a ZTE Warp 4g N9510
Carrier: Boost Mobile
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
some advice please on a new phone
I am looking for advice on which phone to get that will do what I need without breaking the bank to get the phone. I have Boost mobile's flat monthly rate unlimited everything (voice, text and internet). Right now I am using a rooted Kyorcera Hydro phone. The phone does ok on voice and text. But it has a few draw backs.
1. When using the phone as a modem connected to my laptop as a backup isp the data speed isn't much faster then normal dialup.
2. I tryed to watch a tv prog via YouTube on the phone. The tv program had to stop many times to play catchup.
3. I find with this phone I setup the ringtones the way I want, the phone resets back to the default ringtones on it's own.
4. The phone is a battery hog (power waster). I know that all smart phone will use more power then a dumb phone. I have shut down all app's that aren't absolutely need for making calls or to do text and the phone still uses a lot of power.
5. I would like a phone with a regular keyboard, not a virtual screen keyboard. I find I make a lot more typing mistakes on a virtual screen keyboard.
Anyone have any ideas for a phone that will foot the bill for what I need. I am also looking to maby trade this phone for an other phone.
An added note. The ZTE N860 phone I had (before something in the phone fizzled) I could watch a YouTube tv prog without the phone having to play catchup.
Last edited by reble; March 9th, 2013 at 02:47 PM.