Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Pantech Breakout > Breakout - All Things Root

Like Tree7Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 9th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #51 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip101 View Post
GOT A BIG PROBLEM ! tried to download from market the free verizon premium NHL app ,after loading installing fine it says app is free only for verizion costumers . an it says the phone is breakout ?? need help cant go with out hockey ... GO SABRES !!!
i will try and download the app. i have a feeling its the app itself because i registered and downloaded and finally viewed the superbowl on version 1.1 without a hitch


2 minutes later: i dont see the actual app in the verizon section are you sure its a premium app? what's it called?


i noticed the problem. the app does not recognize the carrier:broken out

yo dev i think the carrier name should be named default. maybe that will fix the problem.
mike if you need someone to help i am more than willing to learn i am more interested in learning about kernals but i want to learn about roms as well

Advertisements
belovedson is offline  
Last edited by belovedson; February 9th, 2012 at 12:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to belovedson For This Useful Post:
kip101 (February 9th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old February 9th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #52 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nraines View Post
My instability problems were due to ICS launcher before I ran into bootloop issues. Widgets were causing constant force closes, so I would think using a different launcher would help a lot.

i think your right there's no reason for the phone to lag as it has. i am going to try trusty ole launcher pro.

dev the stock launcher is definitely not compatible with this rom. i just tried launcher pro. its definitely faster, lighter on resources.
belovedson is offline  
Last edited by belovedson; February 9th, 2012 at 12:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #53 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum
 
lunatic59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 25,133
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1, Nook Color, Asus Transformer T-1
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 8,453
Thanked 13,436 Times in 7,352 Posts
Default

While we all work together to advance our devices, it's only human nature for frustration to fuel misunderstandings. If you feel yourself getting a little hot under the collar, please step back and take a deep breath and come back looking to contribute to the topic, not the drama. Let's keep things on topic and civil folks.
__________________
_
If the information is useful, Like the post, if the person was helpful, Thank the member.
RULES: Lest we forget | This part of signature intentionally left blank.
_________________________________________________

No Ivory-Billed Woodpeckers were harmed in the composition of this message.
lunatic59 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lunatic59 For This Useful Post:
belovedson (February 9th, 2012), El Presidente (February 9th, 2012), Jaguar115125 (February 10th, 2012), mdcasa (June 11th, 2012), Slug (February 9th, 2012)
Old February 9th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #54 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Akron OH
Posts: 95
 
Device(s): current lg spectrum) , galaxy s3 droid razr , droid bionic lg lucid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

how do i change carrier name so it is recognized
kip101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #55 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip101 View Post
how do i change carrier name so it is recognized

yahoo (omg not google) search lead me to this

http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/416573-tip-how-change-carrier-name.html

if i were you i would ask rom creator. it's really simple i just forget how i did it
belovedson is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to belovedson For This Useful Post:
Jaguar115125 (February 10th, 2012)
Old February 9th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #56 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11
 
Device(s): LG Ally
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for this wonderful ROM! really appreciate
Few things

These maybe repeats but I see that ICS launcher doesn't play well with our phone.

Wallpaper selection causes force closes
Would like Launcher Pro as default as well. I've used it and competed removed the ICS via titanium and it has been working flawlessly

Powerwidget is not working/ can't see the icons?
Is there a way to remove the default unlock method? Just simple slide would be nice.

Love the revised look from 1.0 to 1.1 just seems better

Few questions. is it safe to remove

Setupwizard?

I'm a very minimalistic person and this phone having 512mb of ram isn't much

Thanks
yulysia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #57 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
rabidhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Illinois
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,115
 
Device(s): Moto DROID Mini Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 117
Thanked 350 Times in 265 Posts
Default

I haven't had much luck using Launcher Pro, it was causing a lot of freeze ups and everything else was running slow, also a huge battery drain. I seem to be having better luck with ADW.

Quote:
Powerwidget is not working/ can't see the icons?
Is there a way to remove the default unlock method? Just simple slide would be nice.
This should answer the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmichaelson View Post
OP updated with 1.1. Power Control Widget still broken, not sure why, but haven't taken hardly any time for it lol.

As far as setup wizard goes, you should be able to dump that just fine. It's not a necessary function after setup.
rabidhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #58 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): Pantech Breakout LePan TC970
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Boot Loop Problem

Thanks mtmichaelson!

I've installed the rom (v1.0) and its awesome!

I too had the boot loop problem that others experienced and might be on to the cause, hoping that others can verify my findings...

First a little background. I flashed my phone with the battery around 30% and when it was done it went into a boot loop. Going off what PantechOwner said, I plugged in the charger and it booted fine. I tried this a few times with the same result, charge connected it boots, no charger boot loop. I cleared the battery stats, wiped and re-flashed multiple time, I even re-downloaded the zip to make sure that was good, all with the same results.

More interesting is that once the battery was fully charged, the phone booted without the charger connected. I'm going to try to see at what battery life % the loop starts, I'm down to 90% and still booting fine. Not sure if it's related to voltage or what but hoping others with this problem can confirm or debunk this theory.

Thanks Again!
OscarLabobo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #59 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
rabidhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Illinois
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,115
 
Device(s): Moto DROID Mini Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 117
Thanked 350 Times in 265 Posts
Default

@OscarLabobo

I think that's what has happened to me as well. The other night, I forgot to charge my phone, it was acting weird so I rebooted it. Upon rebooting, it went into bootloop. I didn't try plugging it in, but I do beileve a low battery and boot looping may be related.
rabidhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rabidhunter For This Useful Post:
OscarLabobo (February 10th, 2012)
Old February 10th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #60 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Jaguar115125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default [Fixes] Bootlooping\Launcher

This issue of bootlooping is not caused by battery or such. This caused by the way (order) in which you have flashed your device. I suggest you change the boot animation, doing so will cause the data logged to reset anew. If this does not work you need only flash the ROM in the correct order.

Yes the ICS launcher is unstable on our device, as such I would recommend ADW ex, as I have tried LauncherPro, ADW ex, and GoLauncher ex. ADW ex runs the smoothest with best customizable features to enhance our phones uses.
Jaguar115125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 10th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #61 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Jaguar115125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarLabobo View Post
Thanks mtmichaelson!

I've installed the rom (v1.0) and its awesome!

I too had the boot loop problem that others experienced and might be on to the cause, hoping that others can verify my findings...

First a little background. I flashed my phone with the battery around 30% and when it was done it went into a boot loop. Going off what PantechOwner said, I plugged in the charger and it booted fine. I tried this a few times with the same result, charge connected it boots, no charger boot loop. I cleared the battery stats, wiped and re-flashed multiple time, I even re-downloaded the zip to make sure that was good, all with the same results.

More interesting is that once the battery was fully charged, the phone booted without the charger connected. I'm going to try to see at what battery life % the loop starts, I'm down to 90% and still booting fine. Not sure if it's related to voltage or what but hoping others with this problem can confirm or debunk this theory.

Thanks Again!
Theory Debunked, I can reboot just fine from charge percentage 10%-80%. Read my above post, and if you need assistance go to freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)
Channel: #pantechbreakout
Jaguar115125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #62 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): Pantech Breakout LePan TC970
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar115125 View Post
This issue of bootlooping is not caused by battery or such. This caused by the way (order) in which you have flashed your device. I suggest you change the boot animation, doing so will cause the data logged to reset anew. If this does not work you need only flash the ROM in the correct order.

Yes the ICS launcher is unstable on our device, as such I would recommend ADW ex, as I have tried LauncherPro, ADW ex, and GoLauncher ex. ADW ex runs the smoothest with best customizable features to enhance our phones uses.
Thanks Jaguar115125, I am interested in trying what you suggested. Could you break down what the correct order is for flashing the ROM?

Also, could you explain why you think my phone has been rebooting successfully everytime since the battery was fully charged? I am now at 79% battery life, and have rebooted many times without a problem.
OscarLabobo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #63 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Jaguar115125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Post Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarLabobo View Post
Thanks Jaguar115125, I am interested in trying what you suggested. Could you break down what the correct order is for flashing the ROM?

Also, could you explain why you think my phone has been rebooting successfully everytime since the battery was fully charged? I am now at 79% battery life, and have rebooted many times without a problem.
Flashing ROM
1. First you need to clear all cache in CWR
2. Flash Broken Out ROM 1.0
3. Now reboot, pull battery at Splash screen
4. Clear all cache again (may seem redundant but I assure you its not)
5. Flash Broken Out ROM 1.1
6. Reboot
7. Pull battery and officially boot up the device.
__________________________________________________ _______________

As for the rebooting....this is because as you charged your device to completion the device set a new log information set up. Basically your device cleared the information that it took in from the bootlooping in first boot. If your device is not bootlooping as of right now than it should not do it again, no reason for a re-flashing of this ROM. If this does happen again then a re-flash would be best, but if you are up to it than I would say install a custom bootanimation as another option

PS: I have flashed the device this way have not seen any instance of bootlooping or fatal battery disturbances.

Thanks to mtmichaelson for this great development
Jaguar115125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaguar115125 For This Useful Post:
AndroidPhinatic (February 11th, 2012), nraines (February 14th, 2012), OscarLabobo (February 11th, 2012)
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #64 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Akron OH
Posts: 95
 
Device(s): current lg spectrum) , galaxy s3 droid razr , droid bionic lg lucid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

hate to say it: heading back to stock. just for a bit .
kip101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #65 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

So based on Jaguar115125's and Oscarlabobo's information above I wanted to try one more thing before reflashing. I have had the bootloop unless plugged in problem for the last week. I charged to 100%, installed and ran the battery callibration app (which I did not have previously), ran the battery down to 0 without any rebooting (until it turned off on its own). Then I plugged in to charger and did not reboot until phone was nearly fully charged (with charger plugged in). Then when the phone was at 100%, unplugged from charger and rebooted without bootloop problem. Maybe the combination of booting at 100% and battery callibration resolved the issue? I'll see if it returns. If it returns I will apply Jaguar115125's reflash above; I was avoiding reflashing if possible.
AndroidPhinatic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #66 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Jaguar115125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantechOwner View Post
So based on Jaguar115125's and Oscarlabobo's information above I wanted to try one more thing before reflashing. I have had the bootloop unless plugged in problem for the last week. I charged to 100%, installed and ran the battery callibration app (which I did not have previously), ran the battery down to 0 without any rebooting (until it turned off on its own). Then I plugged in to charger and did not reboot until phone was nearly fully charged (with charger plugged in). Then when the phone was at 100%, unplugged from charger and rebooted without bootloop problem. Maybe the combination of booting at 100% and battery callibration resolved the issue? I'll see if it returns. If it returns I will apply Jaguar115125's reflash above; I was avoiding reflashing if possible.
PantechOwner, you should not have bootlooping issue again, (great job using the battery calibration btw) and if it does persist use a custom bootanimation before re-flashing as that will cause the data to be logged as new. I see no issue with the problem persisting though so I hope you enjoy this great development.

This part is for mtmichaelson, Now I have been having the issue of the phone stalling and freezing with need of a battery reset, I will try and fix the problem but I ask very kindly if you would look into this as well. If any others would have any input on this as well all is appreciated
Jaguar115125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaguar115125 For This Useful Post:
AndroidPhinatic (February 11th, 2012)
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #67 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I also had a lot of lagging/stalling/freezing issues at various times, depending on how many different apps I run. Not running them at the same time, just running a lot of different ones.

I really like this ROM though, internal memory is no longer something I have to be worried about and I like the look and feel. Thanks again, MTMichaelson!
AndroidPhinatic is offline  
Last edited by AndroidPhinatic; February 11th, 2012 at 08:28 PM. Reason: edit
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 121
 
Device(s): Pantech Breakout - Broken Out, Droid X MIUI
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default A few questions

Hello, I am new to android but pretty proficient so far. I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of how risky it would be to try and flash this? I would like to give it a try, but I am hesitant to because I don't want to risk bricking my phone. Much appreciated
terabyte128 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #69 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terabyte128 View Post
Hello, I am new to android but pretty proficient so far. I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of how risky it would be to try and flash this? I would like to give it a try, but I am hesitant to because I don't want to risk bricking my phone. Much appreciated
im not sure if you can do a nandroid backup. try looking it up. but if you follow the steps you won't get into too much trouble
belovedson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #70 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 51
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

is there a recovery file that can be flashed to restore the phone if we run into trouble?

My biggest worry would be getting into a bootloop and not having the file for either RSlite or the zip to flash it back to stock.
basoodler is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 13th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #71 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
rabidhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Illinois
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,115
 
Device(s): Moto DROID Mini Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 117
Thanked 350 Times in 265 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by basoodler View Post
is there a recovery file that can be flashed to restore the phone if we run into trouble?

My biggest worry would be getting into a bootloop and not having the file for either RSlite or the zip to flash it back to stock.
It is recommended that you download CWM onto your phone. This will allow you to create a backup of all your files and previous settings before the ROM is flashed. It worked for me when I wanted to go back to stock until I could figure things out more.

If you have not installed CWM here is a link to download:
http://androidforums.com/breakout-all-things-root/483081-recovery-root-pantech-breakout-root-cwm-recovery-all-one.html (Just follow the instructions for installing CWM. You don't need to download or install the BreakoutRoot/BreakoutUnroot .zips).

Follow the instructions, and there you go. This the backup/restore option will give you the option to backup on your SD. So if you don't like this custom ROM or just want to go back to stock, you can do that.

Otherwise, you can just reinstall the stock ROM by flashing this:
[Rom]Stock Post-Update Pantech Breakout Rom w/ Root

Should you get stuck in a boot-loop with this ROM, try plugging it in. That seems to get it out of the loop.

I hope you find this helpful.
rabidhunter is offline  
Last edited by rabidhunter; February 13th, 2012 at 12:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:14 AM   #72 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by basoodler View Post
is there a recovery file that can be flashed to restore the phone if we run into trouble?

My biggest worry would be getting into a bootloop and not having the file for either RSlite or the zip to flash it back to stock.
Like the guy above me do a backup in cwm. I dont like cwm.

As long as you can go into the bootloader your fine. Search and power button. I recommend flashing the pre update download and load it in your sd before booting anything or backing up anything.

Ive run into trouble with cwm backup a bunch of times in the past. To eliminate headache just start a fresh in case theres problems later.

You always want to start a clean slate when flashing roms especially when messing around with kernals. I usually just keep a clean slate factory rom along eith titanium backups.

When i wipe i wipe the following
cache
dav
Data
Format data

Alot of people might aay its unnecessary but i have had the least buggy experiences since being safe
belovedson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #73 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Jaguar115125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantechOwner View Post
I also had a lot of lagging/stalling/freezing issues at various times, depending on how many different apps I run. Not running them at the same time, just running a lot of different ones.

I really like this ROM though, internal memory is no longer something I have to be worried about and I like the look and feel. Thanks again, MTMichaelson!
We have to remember this is a work in progress being a fairly new ROM , but the way I have found to get around this issue is not to open such big apps i.e: ROM Toolbox with pretty much any app. If you don't know what ROM Toolbox is it changes bootanimations, fonts, it scripts, etc... I hope that helps on your own app finding preference
Jaguar115125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaguar115125 For This Useful Post:
AndroidPhinatic (February 14th, 2012)
Old February 15th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #74 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid X, Pantech Breakout
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar115125 View Post
Flashing ROM
1. First you need to clear all cache in CWR
2. Flash Broken Out ROM 1.0
3. Now reboot, pull battery at Splash screen
4. Clear all cache again (may seem redundant but I assure you its not)
5. Flash Broken Out ROM 1.1
6. Reboot
7. Pull battery and officially boot up the device.
I followed this with minor modifications. Step 1 - I wiped data, cache, dalvik and battery stats. Step 2 - 6 no changes and forgot to do battery pull for Step 7. I haven't had any bootloop issues after following these steps. I did run into some stalling/freezing, but as Jaguar mentioned, I was running large apps and making sure all of my other apps still worked. I'll report back if it happens with normal usage.
nraines is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #75 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
rabidhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Illinois
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,115
 
Device(s): Moto DROID Mini Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 117
Thanked 350 Times in 265 Posts
Default

As far as the freezes go, I have had issues with those. But I have been using Autokiller Memory Optimizer to kill things before playing a game or something that requires a larger amout of memory. That seems to be working for me.

Now for something completely different... Has anybody been having issues using Bluetooth? I've been trying to connect to Ford Sync via Bluetooth and it's had issues finding and pairing to the device.

Also, when I try to connect my phone through Bluetooth, my phone's clock stops (in the status bar). Also my clock widget (Band O'Clock) shows a completely different time as well, could be 10 minutes off of what the system clock is (but still not the correct time).
rabidhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #76 (permalink)
New Member
 
DroidzforLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Is there anything I can do to help development on this ROM? I have alot of "themeing" experience and some basic java knowledge. I would love to help since I have this pantech breakout and will probably have it for a while.
DroidzforLife is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #77 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Jaguar115125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidzforLife View Post
Is there anything I can do to help development on this ROM? I have alot of "themeing" experience and some basic java knowledge. I would love to help since I have this pantech breakout and will probably have it for a while.
Most definitely, I believe we all would appreciate cool customized themes. Maybe going back to the beginning of this thread by messing with the animations of the ROM. Anything really I believe would be appreciated. Post it here and we may all try out the alterations to the ROM, and if we like them I would not see why not we wouldn't keep them on our device . Oh the Power setting widget, if you could look into that I and a couple of others would appreciate that . I have but have been unsuccessful when trying.
Jaguar115125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #78 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Jaguar115125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidhunter View Post
As far as the freezes go, I have had issues with those. But I have been using Autokiller Memory Optimizer to kill things before playing a game or something that requires a larger amout of memory. That seems to be working for me.

Now for something completely different... Has anybody been having issues using Bluetooth? I've been trying to connect to Ford Sync via Bluetooth and it's had issues finding and pairing to the device.

Also, when I try to connect my phone through Bluetooth, my phone's clock stops (in the status bar). Also my clock widget (Band O'Clock) shows a completely different time as well, could be 10 minutes off of what the system clock is (but still not the correct time).
Thanks for the update of freezing, by that I mean finding an app that we can use until the problem is found and fixed .

Now for the issues of bluetooth I have not had a problem yet, weird as it sounds a good friend of mine has a Ford with bluetooth capabilities. I have made calls through it and played music through it as well. I'll look into it for you though so if you don't have the time I'll repost with a follow up

On the clock I have no idea where to start but most likely trying to find a new clock widget, i.e: Simi Clock Widget, or Beautiful Widgets :S.
Jaguar115125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaguar115125 For This Useful Post:
rabidhunter (February 16th, 2012)
Old February 16th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #79 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Jaguar115125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default @rabidhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidhunter View Post
As far as the freezes go, I have had issues with those. But I have been using Autokiller Memory Optimizer to kill things before playing a game or something that requires a larger amout of memory. That seems to be working for me.
Question what do you have your parameters in this app set to?
Jaguar115125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #80 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
rabidhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Illinois
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,115
 
Device(s): Moto DROID Mini Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 117
Thanked 350 Times in 265 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar115125 View Post
Question what do you have your parameters in this app set to?
I have my parameters set to:

Foreground ap: 6
Visable app: 8
Secondary Server: 16
Hidden app: 60
Content provider: 70
Empty app: 80

But before I run any heavy programs I kill process manually. I normally kill ones using a larger "oom" value. That makes things pretty zippy.
rabidhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rabidhunter For This Useful Post:
Jaguar115125 (February 17th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old February 18th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #81 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 51
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I flashed 1.0 and set up adw as my launcher. I see overall improvement in how this phone handles it's business. If I could only get the usb drivers and windows 7 to agree I would transfer 1.1 over and flash it too. For some reason my pc.recognized the phone the night I rooted it, but that is the only time some my gf purchased it.

I could probably help with some coding. I've done some c++, vb , java but never on a mobile platform.

also do you think this phone has enough support for mini to developer a rom?. I ask because I run mini on my d2 and my girlfriend keeps bugging me about wanting it lol
basoodler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #82 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Jaguar115125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by basoodler View Post
I flashed 1.0 and set up adw as my launcher. I see overall improvement in how this phone handles it's business. If I could only get the usb drivers and windows 7 to agree I would transfer 1.1 over and flash it too. For some reason my pc.recognized the phone the night I rooted it, but that is the only time some my gf purchased it.

I could probably help with some coding. I've done some c++, vb , java but never on a mobile platform.

also do you think this phone has enough support for mini to developer a rom?. I ask because I run mini on my d2 and my girlfriend keeps bugging me about wanting it lol
The Driver is right here: motorola_end_user_driver_installation_5.2.0_64bit. msi - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Go ahead and try a re-install and it should work just fine.
The part about the mini, i'm kinda confused, the sentence doesn't flow correctly I believe you are missing a couple of words in there. But let me give it a shot; if you are asking if the developer supports this ROM enough to make a ROM for the mini, than yes he does. Will Matt do it? IDK, you will have to PM him about that one, @mttmichaelson.
Jaguar115125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #83 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Jaguar115125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Cool Sound

You may know as I do now having this phone for a couple of months that the sound, its pretty crappy . But thankfully the Kernel Matt used in the ROM is supported by Volume+ app. My Sound Quality has jumped through the roof , giving me a better experience on this phone. If you to are bugging about sound crappiness, than go try Volume+, hopefully you will buy it because it has so many more features !!!!!!

P.S: Expect a new theme for this ROM, I have been altering and trying it out for a week now. A couple of adjustments and hopefully you will love it!!!
Jaguar115125 is offline  
Last edited by Jaguar115125; February 18th, 2012 at 10:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #84 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 51
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I ment miui rom not mini. she likes the themes hehe.

I got 1.1 flashed last night and its working nicely. The phone is not lagging with general use as it was before the rom. The only bug I've run into after a quick look is the power control widget. The boot process seems to take a bit more time. Its not really a big deal, it just had me worried that I was in a boot loop the first couple times I rebooted.

1.1 keyboard is a nice change


2 questions though.

How hard would it be to incorperate theme chooser? I figure it has to do with the launcher used, just don't know how hard it would be to replace the ics launcher with a moded cm7 launcher. (If that is what is involved).

Are there any free lock screen changers aside from the Go package? The GO launcher seems to be heavy on memory with all the crap you have to download and install.
basoodler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #85 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default broken out

Quote:
Originally Posted by belovedson View Post
i noticed the problem. the app does not recognize the carrier:broken out

yo dev i think the carrier name should be named default. maybe that will fix the problem.
I think that's a good catch. I noticed yesterday when I fixed my ex-wife's Breakout with Broken Out 1.1, it says "Broken Out" on the home screen where it would usually say "Verizon".

I hope there is a 1.2 release soon with some bug/fc fixes (like changing Wallpaper), but I have to say that this ROM is smooth, and absolutely necessary for anyone using a Breakout. Great work, and please don't take any comments regarding functionality or bugs you see here negatively. We need you! :-)
edjanx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 10:13 AM   #86 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Jaguar115125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by basoodler View Post
How hard would it be to incorperate theme chooser? I figure it has to do with the launcher used, just don't know how hard it would be to replace the ics launcher with a moded cm7 launcher. (If that is what is involved).

Are there any free lock screen changers aside from the Go package? The GO launcher seems to be heavy on memory with all the crap you have to download and install.
Answers to Questions

1. Instead of using the ICS launcher provided in the ROM we have found out that it easier to use ADW launcher. Using themes on that extremely easy. The ICS launcher on the ROM has issues working with our phone so I did a trial and posted about the best launcher to use earlier on. Just scroll up a bit you should see it in an earlier post .

2. There are a couple but the best is Widgetlocker *Not being free*, shelling out the couple of dollars for that is way worth it . Back to your question though as for the free ones I personally would go with either MiLocker or MagicLocker
Jaguar115125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #87 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 51
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I settled for magic locker adw is what I'm using and works well.

I must say thank you for your work with this. I have no idea what Pantech was thinking putting so little front end memory on a phone that was obviously going to be heavily bloated by the carrier to keep retail prices down. Either way, you guys did a hell of a job making the phone better.

I did find that the os does not play well with dolphin browser.. Which is no big deal because you can us the default browser. Dolphin will lock the phone up pretty quickly.
basoodler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #88 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Jaguar115125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by basoodler View Post
I did find that the os does not play well with dolphin browser.. Which is no big deal because you can us the default browser. Dolphin will lock the phone up pretty quickly.
Do not use the full version of Dolphin use Dolphin Browser mini, much nicer than stock browser and is faster as well. Our device is very capable of using this.
Jaguar115125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 11:38 AM   #89 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
NUNNYA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 36
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I know this is a rom thread but does anyone know how I can get the cwm to properly install, it keeps getting stuck installing recovery and wont finish so I can move on to the root. I'm trying to root the Breakout and keep getting stuck no matter which one I use.
NUNNYA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 02:11 PM   #90 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 51
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I used the script that is posted in this forrum to root.. it was fairly painless after I got my pc to recognize the phone
basoodler is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 21st, 2012, 05:41 PM   #91 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
NUNNYA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 36
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Bas are u talking about the allinone Breakout root?
NUNNYA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 09:30 PM   #92 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 51
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Yea,

I really had no trouble with the all in one script aside from the 64bit usb drivers not installing from the phone. I still have trouble connecting the phone to my laptop..
basoodler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 11:18 PM   #93 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I was wondering if somebody would be willing to make a miui ROM because I really like the interface and I would love to have it on my breakout ... I saw a thread about making it for any device on any device but I'm not real tech savvy so I would rather have someone one experienced to try. Thank you in advance for any effort put into this ROM
breakout is offline  
Last edited by breakout; February 21st, 2012 at 11:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2012, 02:34 PM   #94 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
rabidhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Illinois
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,115
 
Device(s): Moto DROID Mini Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 117
Thanked 350 Times in 265 Posts
Default

In my previous posts, I had commented about not being able to connect my Bluetooth, that issue has somehow seemed to resolve itself. Here's hoping.

I was having the boot looping before so I reinstalled the ROM per the directions posted here. I was getting some problems with the SD unmounting randomly and causing some issues. Then I was playing some music later last night. The song would play a couple of seconds and loop to the beginning ad nauseum. I tried exiting the music player, but the home screen was flashing. I was first using Songbird, but then I tried again using the stock music player and the issue was still happening. Anybody know anything about this issue?
rabidhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:23 AM   #95 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 51
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

We are getting random blank screened. Last night it was while using navigator. The screen just goes black with lumination so you can tell the phone is on. You have to battery pull to reboot.

I fixed permissions last night so we will see if that helps
basoodler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 12:53 PM   #96 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Jaguar115125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Thumbs up Issues!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakout View Post
I was wondering if somebody would be willing to make a miui ROM because I really like the interface and I would love to have it on my breakout ... I saw a thread about making it for any device on any device but I'm not real tech savvy so I would rather have someone one experienced to try. Thank you in advance for any effort put into this ROM
Sure I'll take a look at it for you, just give up to about 3 weeks or so, ok? I have been really bus lately and don't have much time, I'll look at it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidhunter View Post
I was having the boot looping before so I reinstalled the ROM per the directions posted here. I was getting some problems with the SD unmounting randomly and causing some issues. Then I was playing some music later last night. The song would play a couple of seconds and loop to the beginning ad nauseum. I tried exiting the music player, but the home screen was flashing. I was first using Songbird, but then I tried again using the stock music player and the issue was still happening. Anybody know anything about this issue?
I do not know anything of this issue, as I have not had it and I use music all the time. It could be a back application using some permission or malware messing the device up, but I'll take a look for you send me a .zip of your phone ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by basoodler View Post
We are getting random blank screened. Last night it was while using navigator. The screen just goes black with lumination so you can tell the phone is on. You have to battery pull to reboot.
I had that once but it was during the initial flash of the ROM. I have no idea what is going on there if you could pull your phones Log then I can take a look, just send me that info, thanks
Jaguar115125 is offline  
Last edited by Jaguar115125; February 23rd, 2012 at 01:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaguar115125 For This Useful Post:
basoodler (February 24th, 2012), breakout (February 23rd, 2012)
Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:27 PM   #97 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

did you ever get that theme done on the breakout lol i am really interested!!
jacobwebb13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 07:42 AM   #98 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 51
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I will copy the log as soon as she gets home and PM it. It hasn't really done it after I fixed permissions.

On a side note teather (by rom manager) works with the breakout (I think I am allowed to note that due to a rule change)

I also got vnc working via wifi. I am having trouble doing a localhost connect (5901). I kind of want to use it for projecting thre screen onto my laptop for netflix lol.. any better options?
basoodler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #99 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Jaguar115125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobwebb13 View Post
did you ever get that theme done on the breakout lol i am really interested!!
I have got the theme done, everything is up and running, but using it for about a week now I have found a couple of major issues I'm working out. I have been really busy so it might be about a week or so.
Jaguar115125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #100 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Jaguar115125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by basoodler View Post
I will copy the log as soon as she gets home and PM it. It hasn't really done it after I fixed permissions.
Which Permissions? This could help with the over all developing of the ROM
Jaguar115125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Pantech Breakout > Breakout - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.