August 9th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's an option
Here's the response from support-worked great for me!
This document instructs customers how to download Quickoffice software for the at&t Captivate. Quickoffice allows mobile professionals to view and edit the following documents:
To download the Quickoffice software for the at&t Captivate:
- Word Excel PowerPoint
- Word Excel PowerPoint PDF (Read-Only)
1. Open the Android Marketplace
2. Tap on the Search button and type in "Quickoffice Captivate"
3. Select Quickoffice for Captivate
4. Select Install
5. Touch OK to download and install the application
6. Open Applications and select Quickoffice
NOTE: This will be a free application for at&t Captivate owners only. The paid version will also be available for selection on the Android Market Place for $14.99.
What are the benefits of using Quickoffice?
In addition to opening and editing documents, Quickoffice has tools that make these activities easy on a mobile device such as:
- Pinch-zoom allows for easy viewing of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
- Access to remote storage such as Dropbox, Box.net, and Mobile me for safe and secure storage.
- Desktop quality rendering to show the same quality you would see on a standard desktop but on a mobile device.
- Powerful search feature to find your documents quickly and effectively.
- Thumbnail images of the files for easy document management