Ok, I may be onto an answer .... Woooooooooooooo Hooooooooooo
Read on if so inclined.
"bestaudioguy" ..... your scenerio sounds somewhat different than mine. In your scenerio you are using "in-car" bluetooth and it sounds as if your vehicle is actually "severing the connection" with your phone ( or vise versa ).
In my scenerio I am using a "personal" wireless bluetooth placed in my ear ( Jawbone and BOSE ... both of which use hightech noise-canceling technology ... which BOSE claims to have ORIGINALLY designed for military use. BTW, Background NOISE CANCELLING works exceptionally well on both models !!! ) and the bluetooth and phone are NEVER more than 24" aparts while in use ( in my hand, lap, or in a coat pocket ). In my scenerio the connection IS NOT broken but just "cuts in and out". cutting out words, making it necessary to have to repeat parts of a conversation. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
That being said, I imagine the "cause" could be the same. Here's to hoping it is, because determing that would mean finding a solution!
Now, Both "scary alien" AND "bestaudioguy" ........... both of you suggested trying "to change the environment to see if anything helps" ( just in different ways and different wording ).
THrough the last few months of "dealing with this", I have done very little. Nothing to "change the envirement" on the phone itself. I DID however get TWO different "Jawbone" devices and even a BOSE device ........ eliminating the Bluetooth Ear Device itself as the problem source ( THREE different units doing the EXACT same thing ).
Because the first occurrance of my problem was about 3-4 ( ? ) months ago, I cannot be sure of this .......... but If memory serves me well, my problem developed around the time of a pushed through "Verizon Phone Update" ( NOT "application" updates, I DO NOT use "Automatic" app updates, I manually accept and load as needed ). Which came through about 4 weeks after I "paired" the first Jawbone device. This is when my problem started. There was a "Verizon" updated pushed through just a few weeks ago as well, with no change to my problem.
The Jawbone worked flawlessly the first four weeks of use, but NONE of them have since ..............UNTIL NOW!!! Woooooooooooo Hooooooooooo
It has only been TWO days of "interference free", flawless, performance ...... but it has not that that since the "first 4 weeks" !!
So I am hopefull to be onto somehting.
After reading your advice I decided to "change the envirement" on the phone itself ( we already proved it wasn't the bluetooth devices, THREE of them, same thing ).
First ......... I went into my "manage apps" and did a "clear data" on things that seemed affiliated with the bluetooth.
Bluetooth File Transfer
I also noticed some things "pushed through" on the last update. Such as
PTT ( Push To Talk )
TTS Service ( ??? ) I think that is it, but maybe another or two ( ??? )
I also performed the "Clear Data" on these as well.
Then I brought up my Bluetooth Settings.
I had THREE things "PAIRED" with my phone ........
Jawbone Personal Bluetooth,
BOSE Personal Bluetooth, and a
BOSE SoundDock 10
I disconnected all three ( uninstalled ).
I then rebooted the phone ( off-on ).
Then I "connected and paired" ONLY
the BOSE Personal Bluetooth.
I did this 2.5 days ago and there has been NO INTERFERENCE since ( knock-on-wood .... knock, knock, knock ).
I plan on running it with ONLY the BOSE Personal Bluetooth connected for a week or two. To see a continuation of the desired performance.
After that ......... I will "Connect and Pair" the SounDock10 again and monitor for a week or two, looking for any kind of reoccurance. Hopefully, in this manner ( one thing at a time ), figuring out what the disturbance is.
And maybe it never does it again, leading to only speculation. We will see, I will keep you posted, if you wish.
I DID NOT do anything with the WiFi, just what I mentioned above.
While neither of you said .... "here is the fault .... do this ... "
You both influenced me to "change the environment".
My thought process was not "interference" but that of a probable "hardware" problem. Therefore your advice was well deserved and well taken.
I appreciate the response very much, it disrupted my line of thought ( clouded by frustration ) and cleared the way for a different thought process. Hopefully leading to the solution.
After only 2.5 days, and no clear cause, I am not yet convinced that this is permanant. But I know we are on the correct path because it has not performed this well since the first 4 weeks.
I am hopefull !
I thank you both !!!!
Have a great Thanksgiving!
I have ONE MORE thing to be VERY thankfull for!!
Again, I will let you know how things go over the next few weeks.
I will be "Using" the bluetooth is various ways over the next couple of weeks looking for a change in the performance of the BOSE Personal Bluetooth. ONE THING AT A TIME, with time in between, trying to isolate what may have caused the problem in the first place.
IF .... it never develops again ( again ... knock, knock, knock ), I will presume ( not ASSume ) that it may have been a "glitch" associated to the "Update".
We will see.
Wish me luck!!
Again, have a GREAT Thanksgiving!!