May 22nd, 2011, 07:44 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
***PROBLEM RESOLVED*** Process Com.Google.Process.gapps error! Help!
I am getting this random error on my Coby 7015a tablet. The error pops up as "Process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly". I just hit "force close" and the error is gone. It does not seem to be keeping anything from working, but it is annoying! Here is the history of what I have done to my tablet:
1. Rooted using an app called Z4root...That went fine
2. Installed a graphics fix for the 7015a...still OK!
3. Installed the Android Market.....STILL OK!!
4. "Accounts and sync" was not showing up under settings, so I copied over some files posted on another forum, rebooted, and this resolved that problem....but...that is when this error started to pop up. These files were copied to "System/apps" on the device. Most were the same files installed by the Market patch.
5. Deleted all files installed by the market and the files copied over from the other post, reinstalled the Market, and the errors were no more! But now, the Market did not work. I would get an error stating that background data needs to be enabled. Note that this worked fine when the "Accounts and Sync" option was not there
6. Reinstalled the "Accounts and sync" apk, and the settings returned, but so did the errors.
I do not know if this helps, but when I go to "Accounts and sync", and I enable "Auto sync", there is an error on the screen stating "Sync is experiencing problems, but will be back shortly"
I have done a Google search on this error, and it looks like some people get it on other Android devices, and that it may have something to do with Gmail, but I even got the error after removing Gmail.
Any help would be appreciated!
Last edited by mikekoz; May 23rd, 2011 at 05:57 PM.
Reason: Problem Resolved