Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Connect 4G > Connect 4G - All Things Root

Like Tree37Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 10th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #151 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 91
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 31
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
Will look into the wifi toggle, and the vibrate toggle.

The unlock screen unlocking with the menu button isnt really a big issue as the default lockscreen isnt secure no how, but wil lsee what can be done.
Much appreciated! I agree that the menu button unlock isn't a big deal, just thought I'd point it out. Any ideas on the flicker with the animations turned off or is that just something that can't be helped with the new animations in v1.2?

Advertisements
DroidFan83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 10th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #152 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,109
 
Device(s): LG G Flex, LG Spirit, LG Motion, LG F3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 238
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,077 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidFan83 View Post
Much appreciated! I agree that the menu button unlock isn't a big deal, just thought I'd point it out. Any ideas on the flicker with the animations turned off or is that just something that can't be helped with the new animations in v1.2?
prolly, I will have to think what all I did besides aesthetics and fixing the charger animation and maybe do a 1.3 with the old animations.
__________________
Official Donate link if you like my work and would like to show your appreciation and support. All donations are greatly appreciated!!

PlayfulDroidz Wiki
UPP
PlayfulGod is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #153 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G LTE @1.8Ghz Running Playful God's Black Plague 1.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

So, in light of the unlock screen and apparently a few bugs still, I might give it another day or so...

I have a question for PG, how hard would it be to remove the data throttle? and build it into the rom? I saw something about BO having that option or including it or something... (I'm new to roms, all my phones have been rooted and overclocked and all that fun stuff, but I've never touched custom roms before)
tbroschat is offline  
Last edited by tbroschat; August 10th, 2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: because I hate typos...
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #154 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,109
 
Device(s): LG G Flex, LG Spirit, LG Motion, LG F3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 238
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,077 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbroschat View Post
So, in light of the unlock screen and apparently a few bugs still, I might give it another day or so...

I have a question for PG, how hard would it be to remove the data throttle? and build it into the rom? I saw something about BO having that option or including it or something... (I'm new to roms, all my phones have been rooted and overclocked and all that fun stuff, but I've never touched custom roms before)
if BO had my should to as I built on top of mt's BO. Mind you have have added shyt back n fixed some things, and still working on others.

afaik there is no data throttle remover for 4G, the ones I seen for 3G were iffy at best. Some ppl claim big increases, others none, and even some reported lower speeds.
PlayfulGod is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #155 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G LTE @1.8Ghz Running Playful God's Black Plague 1.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

ok, so I've encountered my first problem... I select install from sd card, select the 1.2 rom, confirm, phone restarts but doesn't go into recovery mode and install the rom, it just reboots like normal... please help?
tbroschat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #156 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G LTE @1.8Ghz Running Playful God's Black Plague 1.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
if BO had my should to as I built on top of mt's BO. Mind you have have added shyt back n fixed some things, and still working on others.

afaik there is no data throttle remover for 4G, the ones I seen for 3G were iffy at best. Some ppl claim big increases, others none, and even some reported lower speeds.

My last phone was a rooted Droid X on Metro, my 3G speeds on that phone were over 2mbps down and .5-1mbps up, by comparison, my 4G on the Connect is 2 down and 2 up, my 3G on the connect is .5 down and .03 up... they're definitely throttling, it actually caused me to consider keeping my Droid X, unfortunately that old 1ghz Snapdragon just wasn't snappy enough... Sure overclocking it helped (but I could only get it to work at 1.2ghz) but once i felt the power of the Connect I was sold (even if my battery does only last 3 hours)
tbroschat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #157 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 31
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hi guys, im having problem, since i installed this rom i lost my 4g connection i mean no data internet at all, so i restored my previous rom and the problem persist. Any help would be great!
martin26765 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #158 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 31
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Ok now i have 1x data, could this happen for surpasing the 2 gb of 4g data? I dont even know if i did so, someone that could tell me what happens when you reach the limit on metropcs data? Thx :-)
martin26765 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #159 (permalink)
I'm Not Real, Doris!
 
Mexjoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,078
 
Device(s): LG Esteem(#2 v2.8.1)
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 593
Thanked 1,009 Times in 683 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin26765 View Post
Ok now i have 1x data, could this happen for surpasing the 2 gb of 4g data? I dont even know if i did so, someone that could tell me what happens when you reach the limit on metropcs data? Thx :-)
They throttle you to their "3G" speed. You'll still have the 4G icon but not the same speeds. Try updating the prl.
Mexjoker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #160 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 31
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Sorry but can you explain me what is the "prl" thing? And how i can do that? Thank you very much dude, im f**** up!
martin26765 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 10th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #161 (permalink)
I'm Not Real, Doris!
 
Mexjoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,078
 
Device(s): LG Esteem(#2 v2.8.1)
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 593
Thanked 1,009 Times in 683 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin26765 View Post
Sorry but can you explain me what is the "prl" thing? And how i can do that? Thank you very much dude, im f**** up!
Definition for prl: The Preferred Roaming List, basically a way of telling your phone which towers to connect to first.
The PRL helps determine which home-network towers to use, and also which towers belonging to other networks to use in roaming situations (areas where the home network has no coverage.) When roaming, the PRL may instruct the phone to use the network with the best roaming rate for the carrier, rather than the one with the strongest signal at the moment.

Since a PRL tells the phone "where" to search for a signal, as carrier networks change over time, an updated PRL may be required for a phone to "see" all of the coverage that it should, both with the home network and for roaming.

Your PRL can be update via your phone by dialing *228 and choosing option #5(preferred roaming list).

And We've all been there
Mexjoker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #162 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 31
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Ok dude thank you very much! im gonna try it right now! I hope it works, cause i'd restore an stock rom and it show me the 4g iccons for awhile but then it disappared again and again no data internet at all!
martin26765 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #163 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 31
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin26765 View Post
Ok dude thank you very much! im gonna try it right now! I hope it works, cause i'd restore an stock rom and it show me the 4g iccons for awhile but then it disappared again and again no data internet at all!
It didnt work... But maybe its metropcs problem, because i restored to my previous rom and it must work but it does not, well, i guess i have to wait until tomorrow and check. Thanks again dude! :-)
martin26765 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #164 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G LTE @1.8Ghz Running Playful God's Black Plague 1.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbroschat View Post
ok, so I've encountered my first problem... I select install from sd card, select the 1.2 rom, confirm, phone restarts but doesn't go into recovery mode and install the rom, it just reboots like normal... please help?
I figured it out, for some reason I have to flash clockworkmod recovery in the rom manager app each time I want to boot into recovery...
tbroschat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #165 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G LTE @1.8Ghz Running Playful God's Black Plague 1.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
if BO had my should to as I built on top of mt's BO. Mind you have have added shyt back n fixed some things, and still working on others.

afaik there is no data throttle remover for 4G, the ones I seen for 3G were iffy at best. Some ppl claim big increases, others none, and even some reported lower speeds.
So you're saying that any patches built for BO should work for Black Plague? Sorry, I'm just being thorough, I don't want to eff up my phone...
tbroschat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #166 (permalink)
Member
 
hYpHyPuRpLe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oakland, California
Posts: 351
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 67
Thanked 44 Times in 35 Posts
Default

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=29501085

What do you think of this PG?
hYpHyPuRpLe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #167 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,109
 
Device(s): LG G Flex, LG Spirit, LG Motion, LG F3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 238
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,077 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hYpHyPuRpLe View Post
I think RM does that
PlayfulGod is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PlayfulGod For This Useful Post:
tonylc74 (August 10th, 2012)
Old August 10th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #168 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Amityville, NY
Posts: 315
 
Device(s): Connect 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 59
Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts
Default

idk if this was mentioned

but with this rom my vibrate doesnt work on text messages
__________________
www.YourFreeATM.com
pl4life52 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #169 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,030
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 485
Thanked 178 Times in 132 Posts
dtorr1118@gmail.com
Default

i know im probably the ONLY one having these issues. but as soon as i boot into system after flash, it lasts a good 10 mins b4 it goes into a reboot fest! =/ all i do once boot into rom is go to play market and try to update apps and download Titanium Backup. den BOOM reboot.. Guess my Connect doesnt....connect very well with oC kernel ?
Speeds03 likes this.
flakito97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #170 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G LTE @1.8Ghz Running Playful God's Black Plague 1.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Mine reboots when I try to run browsermark, also my cpu settings don't stick at all...
tbroschat is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 10th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #171 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Posts: 257
 
Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 33
Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts
Default

I fixed my cpu not sticking problem by simply uninstalling ROM Toolbox Lite, and downloading No-Frills CPU Control. Now it sticks. Don't know why...
Speeds03 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #172 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G LTE @1.8Ghz Running Playful God's Black Plague 1.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

now, all of a sudden, my cpu settings seems to be sticking...
tbroschat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #173 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokenpoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,065
 
Device(s): sgsIII, pure stock samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 dualbooting stock and pacrom Lg F6 rooted SgS3 4.3 ro
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 299
Thanked 1,113 Times in 607 Posts
Secondgenmonkey@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flakito97 View Post
i know im probably the ONLY one having these issues. but as soon as i boot into system after flash, it lasts a good 10 mins b4 it goes into a reboot fest! =/ all i do once boot into rom is go to play market and try to update apps and download Titanium Backup. den BOOM reboot.. Guess my Connect doesnt....connect very well with oC kernel ?

Neat trick.... copy the titanium backup app to sd and on fresh boot use romtoolbox or any root explorer to place it in /data/app.

Reboot and restore your backups.
__________________
looking for local miami music? in a miami band and want free promo and show tips, no strings attached? www.facebook.com/hahopromotions show updates, music news and free stuff!!! i help here for free, so i figured i can do this too!!! enjoy!
Tokenpoke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #174 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MotoTriumphant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 655
 
Device(s): Rooted Lg Optimus V, Rooted Motorola Triumph, Rooted LG Connect, Rooted Lg Motion(current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 300
Thanked 53 Times in 34 Posts
Default

any way to custom lockscreen text thx
MotoTriumphant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #175 (permalink)
Member
 
tonylc74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: nw.georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 270
 
Device(s): Lg spirit running gt's v.3 katana ROM, v6 supercharged. Gt2 stock, hauwei premia.
Carrier: t-metro

Thanks: 156
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I just re-flashed 1.2 over stock and 1.1, and after reboot it's showing the wallpaper I had on that backup. I wiped cache and dalvik, just wondering should I re-flash and wipe data also? One more thing, I ran 1.2 all day and barely got 7 hours with CPU set at 818ghz with profiles at 345 powersave exclusive, smartass, vr. Could anyone tell me why my batteries dying so soon?
tonylc74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #176 (permalink)
Member
 
tonylc74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: nw.georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 270
 
Device(s): Lg spirit running gt's v.3 katana ROM, v6 supercharged. Gt2 stock, hauwei premia.
Carrier: t-metro

Thanks: 156
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Anybody?
tonylc74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #177 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MotoTriumphant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 655
 
Device(s): Rooted Lg Optimus V, Rooted Motorola Triumph, Rooted LG Connect, Rooted Lg Motion(current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 300
Thanked 53 Times in 34 Posts
Default

same I avg about 6 hrs on my bat. sucks but hey cant do anything about it.
MotoTriumphant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #178 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
airtioteclint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,909
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy S3, LG Connect, LG Esteem, Motorola Droid X, BlackBerry Tour
Carrier: MetroPCS, T-Mobile

Thanks: 615
Thanked 854 Times in 617 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylc74 View Post
I just re-flashed 1.2 over stock and 1.1, and after reboot it's showing the wallpaper I had on that backup. I wiped cache and dalvik, just wondering should I re-flash and wipe data also? One more thing, I ran 1.2 all day and barely got 7 hours with CPU set at 818ghz with profiles at 345 powersave exclusive, smartass, vr. Could anyone tell me why my batteries dying so soon?
You can wipe data but when I did that I had reboots from installing apps from market. Its hit and miss happens for some and not for others. I think changing your wallpaper is the easier way to go.

7 hours on battery sounds lovely to me. I get 3 hours on a full charge. Lol.
__________________
People who leave one star ratings in playstore because of something like not liking the icon should be beaten. And forever banned from using free apps.
airtioteclint is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to airtioteclint For This Useful Post:
tonylc74 (August 11th, 2012)
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #179 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
airtioteclint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,909
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy S3, LG Connect, LG Esteem, Motorola Droid X, BlackBerry Tour
Carrier: MetroPCS, T-Mobile

Thanks: 615
Thanked 854 Times in 617 Posts
Default

Scratched.
airtioteclint is offline  
Last edited by airtioteclint; August 10th, 2012 at 09:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #180 (permalink)
Member
 
schemppjr80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: west Melbourne, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): Lg connect, lg esteem 4g, samsung galaxy S4 (sgh-i337)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 178
Thanked 39 Times in 38 Posts
thomasschempp@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
prolly, I will have to think what all I did besides aesthetics and fixing the charger animation and maybe do a 1.3 with the old animations.

Hey pg great wrk on 1.2 its wrkin great on my end except for the clock settings not sticking but its not that big a deal for me but I was wondering if u or anyone here is having the 4g icon appear randomly when my WiFi is on? And if u r taking requests for the next update could u maybe look into adding the swipe to clear notifications? That would b awsm cause I loved that feature on the ascend with cm7 but if it is to much of a pain no worries :-) thx again for all ur hard wrk and dedication to this phone its much appreciated bro :-D
schemppjr80 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 10th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #181 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 127
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 259
Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokenpoke View Post
Neat trick.... copy the titanium backup app to sd and on fresh boot use romtoolbox or any root explorer to place it in /data/app.

Reboot and restore your backups.
So is this why CM7 for the ascend restored your apps on a new install? I remember doing a clean install and restoring my apps with TB and I had l two copies of many of them. Was this trick built into CM7?
Scorpion7867 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 10:09 PM   #182 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 31
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Ok i got some stuff after trying this things:
If you install the rom over a broken out rom, the bt sync keeps crashing.
If you want your cpu to stick, just delete "init.qcom.post_boot.sh" in system/etc with root explorer for example. Note: make sure r/w its on.
If you wipe data/cache before flashing you will experiment some launcher reboots ans stuff like that.
My advice, intall it over a stock rom, for me worked way better( maybe is just a coincidence) or just flash the kernel so you can get oc anyway, that last was my choice and it really runs nice.
Pd: i was thinking that this rom ****ed my 4g data but finally i realice that it was metropcs fault because my wifes phone(stock) has lost 4g too this day. I hope this can help you guys.

Sorry for bad english :-)
martin26765 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:20 AM   #183 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 177
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 70
Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Default

I have the paid version of Rom Manager, any reason why I dont see any newer updates for CMW? Im still on 5.8 somthing and I noticed you posted 6 here, also can I still install this rom with 5.8?
pcflip is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:23 AM   #184 (permalink)
I'm Not Real, Doris!
 
Mexjoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,078
 
Device(s): LG Esteem(#2 v2.8.1)
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 593
Thanked 1,009 Times in 683 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcflip View Post
I have the paid version of Rom Manager, any reason why I dont see any newer updates for CMW? Im still on 5.8 somthing and I noticed you posted 6 here, also can I still install this rom with 5.8?
You can flash it no matter what version of recovery you are on as long as it works. And you can flash the new one on the computer too. The same way you would root the phone.
Mexjoker is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mexjoker For This Useful Post:
pcflip (August 11th, 2012)
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:35 AM   #185 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,109
 
Device(s): LG G Flex, LG Spirit, LG Motion, LG F3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 238
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,077 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcflip View Post
I have the paid version of Rom Manager, any reason why I dont see any newer updates for CMW? Im still on 5.8 somthing and I noticed you posted 6 here, also can I still install this rom with 5.8?
tap flash clockworkmod recovery > select LGE Esteem 4G, it will install non touch n then show that touch is available

I will prolly have to re-add everything I have avail in RM under the 4G tag too for it to show up :\
PlayfulGod is offline  
Last edited by PlayfulGod; August 11th, 2012 at 02:46 AM. Reason: oops wrong section for 6.0.1.1 lol
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:40 AM   #186 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 177
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 70
Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Default

stuck at the number cycling splash screen does it take a long while for the first boot? girr guess I will run my backup and then try updating cwm before attempting to flash this again.

edit: and of course right when Im typing this my phone finishes booting lol... nevermind.
pcflip is offline  
Last edited by pcflip; August 11th, 2012 at 02:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:48 AM   #187 (permalink)
I'm Not Real, Doris!
 
Mexjoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,078
 
Device(s): LG Esteem(#2 v2.8.1)
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 593
Thanked 1,009 Times in 683 Posts
Default

Yes it does on the first initial boot when you first install a new rom lol patience my friend, patience.
Mexjoker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:56 AM   #188 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,109
 
Device(s): LG G Flex, LG Spirit, LG Motion, LG F3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 238
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,077 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexjoker View Post
Yes it does on the first initial boot when you first install a new rom lol patience my friend, patience.
Yea, first boot on a new install has to cache everything
PlayfulGod is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 05:04 AM   #189 (permalink)
Member
 
exitprogram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): Current:Samsung Galaxy S4 (M919N): STOCK (rooted) OLD: Motorola Photon 4G Unlocked Bootloader+Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Unhappy

[QUOTE=PlayfulGod;4791970]It is built off mt's BO, but with a kernel I compiled, various issues BO had fixed, along with the aesthetics that you see changed. Other than that what others that have been using posted, and I have the device and will continue to work on it and CM.

Hello,

I figured i'd drop a line and start with, excellent work. I wish i know what you do, BUT enough a$$ kissing ... there is a "Bug" of some sort that i cant' seem to get rid of, others have experienced it and i might have a little more info to contribute.... Beings that the issue is similar but more workable on the Broken Out ROM (No offense, mad respect for all coders)

I've used both Broken Out ROM and Black Plague and noticed that they are extremely similar minus the themes, etc. Such as "ZRAM Swap" being added, others as well i'm sure.

My problem is, on both ROMs, whenever i download something from the market, or even tried to download something from Drop Box... on the Black Plague ROM (1.2) i got the same screen as the Splash screen i get when it boots, only shorter, then my program never installs.

On Broken out, Market will Force Close, but the app will continue to install if i re-open the market app.... it seems to happen immediatley after they Download, but Broken Out ROM seems be the only one that actually ends up installing the app, out of the 2... ALl just constructive criticism and input to try and improve your work, man. Again, GK.

I've also tried formatting data, cache, dalvik cache, wiping SD, everything. Nothing remedies. Broken out ROM states its wise to reboot immediately after initial boot, so i haven't tried that. Someone mentioned it could be the default theme, haven't tried that. I've also tried several different Apps so it is not app specific. If i dont reply back saying these attempts worked, then it didnt.

Oh yeah .... Somwhere within the ROM after installing it said that version 1.2.1 is available? i was wondering if that was some kind of error in Rom Manager? IDk..

Thanks dudes. Your awesome.
exitprogram is offline  
Last edited by exitprogram; August 11th, 2012 at 05:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 05:36 AM   #190 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,109
 
Device(s): LG G Flex, LG Spirit, LG Motion, LG F3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 238
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,077 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=exitprogram;4798335]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
It is built off mt's BO, but with a kernel I compiled, various issues BO had fixed, along with the aesthetics that you see changed. Other than that what others that have been using posted, and I have the device and will continue to work on it and CM.

Hello,

I figured i'd drop a line and start with, excellent work. I wish i know what you do, BUT enough a$$ kissing ... there is a "Bug" of some sort that i cant' seem to get rid of, others have experienced it and i might have a little more info to contribute.... Beings that the issue is similar but more workable on the Broken Out ROM (No offense, mad respect for all coders)

I've used both Broken Out ROM and Black Plague and noticed that they are extremely similar minus the themes, etc. Such as "ZRAM Swap" being added, others as well i'm sure.

My problem is, on both ROMs, whenever i download something from the market, or even tried to download something from Drop Box... on the Black Plague ROM (1.2) i got the same screen as the Splash screen i get when it boots, only shorter, then my program never installs.

On Broken out, Market will Force Close, but the app will continue to install if i re-open the market app.... it seems to happen immediatley after they Download, but Broken Out ROM seems be the only one that actually ends up installing the app, out of the 2... ALl just constructive criticism and input to try and improve your work, man. Again, GK.

I've also tried formatting data, cache, dalvik cache, wiping SD, everything. Nothing remedies. Broken out ROM states its wise to reboot immediately after initial boot, so i haven't tried that. Someone mentioned it could be the default theme, haven't tried that. I've also tried several different Apps so it is not app specific. If i dont reply back saying these attempts worked, then it didnt.

Oh yeah .... Somwhere within the ROM after installing it said that version 1.2.1 is available? i was wondering if that was some kind of error in Rom Manager? IDk..

Thanks dudes. Your awesome.
Thanks will look into that, if I can get it to replicate.

Not a error per say, but 1.2 is the current build I have uploaded to the RM ROM Developer Portal, so it shouldnt be giving a notice of a update.
PlayfulGod is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 11th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #191 (permalink)
Member
 
myshkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ft Worth, Texas
Posts: 441
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G, Samsung Admire (rooted)(deactive) In the past: HTC EVO Samsung Intercept HTC Her
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 72
Thanked 65 Times in 46 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to myshkin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
tap flash clockworkmod recovery > select LGE Esteem 4G, it will install non touch n then show that touch is available

I will prolly have to re-add everything I have avail in RM under the 4G tag too for it to show up :\
I just a few days ago wiped my sd card, ran the updater tool, re rooted and flashed cwm recovery through ROM manager. It says: Current Recovery: CWM 5.8.3.1 Latest Recovey: CWM 5.8.3.1 CWM Touch is Available!

I've installed both vs you have through ROM manager, via that way and I chose my own phone when flashing recovery. So, it shows up when you have flashed cwm recovery for the Connect

Anna
__________________

CHOOSE HOPE & NEVER GIVE UP!!
myshkin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 06:48 AM   #192 (permalink)
Member
 
exitprogram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): Current:Samsung Galaxy S4 (M919N): STOCK (rooted) OLD: Motorola Photon 4G Unlocked Bootloader+Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Exclamation

[QUOTE=PlayfulGod;4798390]
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitprogram View Post
Thanks will look into that, if I can get it to replicate.

Not a error per say, but 1.2 is the current build I have uploaded to the RM ROM Developer Portal, so it shouldnt be giving a notice of a update.
DUDE... My bad ....

** The immediate reboot the instructions gave were for the stock ROMs that are actually backups and you restore them. Disregard that piece of info in my previous response **
exitprogram is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 06:49 AM   #193 (permalink)
Member
 
tonylc74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: nw.georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 270
 
Device(s): Lg spirit running gt's v.3 katana ROM, v6 supercharged. Gt2 stock, hauwei premia.
Carrier: t-metro

Thanks: 156
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=PlayfulGod;4798390]
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitprogram View Post
Thanks will look into that, if I can get it to replicate.

Not a error per say, but 1.2 is the current build I have uploaded to the RM ROM Developer Portal, so it shouldnt be giving a notice of a update.
PG, I think it's the Holo launcher update they're referring to.
tonylc74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 06:52 AM   #194 (permalink)
Member
 
exitprogram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): Current:Samsung Galaxy S4 (M919N): STOCK (rooted) OLD: Motorola Photon 4G Unlocked Bootloader+Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Thumbs up

QUOTE=myshkin;4798502]I just a few days ago wiped my sd card, ran the updater tool, re rooted and flashed cwm recovery through ROM manager. It says: Current Recovery: CWM 5.8.3.1 Latest Recovey: CWM 5.8.3.1 CWM Touch is Available!

I've installed both vs you have through ROM manager, via that way and I chose my own phone when flashing recovery. So, it shows up when you have flashed cwm recovery for the Connect

Anna[/QUOTE]

i'm in the process of flashing the debloated "backup" thats not rooted yet since i'm gong to use use the script that roots/unroots/and install CWM Touch.

All found here:

AIO Root/Unroot/CWM Touch

Stock/rooted/stripped/debloated backup images (Flash process slightly diff)
exitprogram is offline  
Last edited by exitprogram; August 11th, 2012 at 06:53 AM. Reason: accutidently added link where wasn't supposes to be
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 07:00 AM   #195 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,030
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 485
Thanked 178 Times in 132 Posts
dtorr1118@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokenpoke View Post
Neat trick.... copy the titanium backup app to sd and on fresh boot use romtoolbox or any root explorer to place it in /data/app.

Reboot and restore your backups.
Thank you. Hey we miss your speedy responses over at the admire boards ... but ah well glad to see ya around again.
flakito97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 08:15 AM   #196 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokenpoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,065
 
Device(s): sgsIII, pure stock samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 dualbooting stock and pacrom Lg F6 rooted SgS3 4.3 ro
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 299
Thanked 1,113 Times in 607 Posts
Secondgenmonkey@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flakito97 View Post
Thank you. Hey we miss your speedy responses over at the admire boards ... but ah well glad to see ya around again.

Yeah, I gave a friend the admire so I really haven't messed with it recently.
I like having devices on hand when I answer a thread so I can be accurate.
Tokenpoke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #197 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokenpoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,065
 
Device(s): sgsIII, pure stock samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 dualbooting stock and pacrom Lg F6 rooted SgS3 4.3 ro
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 299
Thanked 1,113 Times in 607 Posts
Secondgenmonkey@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion7867 View Post
So is this why CM7 for the ascend restored your apps on a new install? I remember doing a clean install and restoring my apps with TB and I had l two copies of many of them. Was this trick built into CM7?

No, that was a synchronization with Google market that forced the device to redownload the apps that were previously on it. I haven't tried it on any other phones since then but I'm sure it can be done, just check "keep device synched with Google" at initial set up.
Tokenpoke is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tokenpoke For This Useful Post:
Scorpion7867 (August 11th, 2012)
Old August 11th, 2012, 08:36 AM   #198 (permalink)
Member
 
myshkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ft Worth, Texas
Posts: 441
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G, Samsung Admire (rooted)(deactive) In the past: HTC EVO Samsung Intercept HTC Her
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 72
Thanked 65 Times in 46 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to myshkin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokenpoke View Post
No, that was a synchronization with Google market that forced the device to redownload the apps that were previously on it. I haven't tried it on any other phones since then but I'm sure it can be done, just check "keep device synched with Google" at initial set up.
That still doesn't restore your apps. Once you put in your google email it will reset your settings and wifi info. then your apps are just in a list at the market. I always just have them on android assistant backup, which goes to your sd card, then you can just copy the entire file over to your computer. when you set back up, reinstall android assistant and backup a few apps then you have the backup on your sd card and you can just incorporate your other file with that one and then do batch installations. I'm telling you though, on these ROMs, doing anything batch very big you are going to get a reboot, best to take it nice and easy.

I'm killing two birds with one stone here and I forgot to quote the other one, but I'm sure y'all can figure it out. Someone quoted me and mentioned the all in one root that also flashes cwm touch....I tried cwm touch a few months ago. I didn't like it. So I will stick with what I have.

Anna
myshkin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 09:57 AM   #199 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokenpoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,065
 
Device(s): sgsIII, pure stock samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 dualbooting stock and pacrom Lg F6 rooted SgS3 4.3 ro
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 299
Thanked 1,113 Times in 607 Posts
Secondgenmonkey@gmail.com
Default

Well it seems Google stopped that annoying push then.

Just reset my ascend and checked to restore from Google. Got contacts and Wi-Fi and stuff but apps aren't being pushed anymore. Gonna try Icarus mod with the old market and see if it's the app that did it.
Tokenpoke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #200 (permalink)
Member
 
hYpHyPuRpLe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oakland, California
Posts: 351
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 67
Thanked 44 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Also the new CWM Touch 6 is broken. I made a backup before flashing this ROM, bu this ROM kept rebooting every time I tried installing something from the market so I went to restore my back up. It wouldn't let me. Whenever it got to "restoring system" it'd say there was an error and didn't restore the rest. I flashed an older recovery and dug through my computer for an older backup to restore. It turns out the backup CWM Touch 6 made was only 23 mb compared to the usual half a gigabyte! I don't know why it only backed up 23 mb
hYpHyPuRpLe is offline  
Last edited by hYpHyPuRpLe; August 11th, 2012 at 12:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Connect 4G > Connect 4G - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.