Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Connect 4G > Connect 4G - All Things Root

Like Tree37Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 11th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #201 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
airtioteclint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,909
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy S3, LG Connect, LG Esteem, Motorola Droid X, BlackBerry Tour
Carrier: MetroPCS, T-Mobile

Thanks: 615
Thanked 854 Times in 617 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hYpHyPuRpLe View Post
Also the new CWM Touch 6 is broken. I made a backup before flashing this ROM, bu this ROM kept rebooting every time I tried installing something from the market so I went to restore my back up. It wouldn't let me. Whenever it got to "restoring system" it'd say there was an error and didn't restore the rest. I flashed an older recovery and dug through my computer for an older backup to restore. It turns out the backup CWM Touch 6 made was only 23 mb compared to the usual half a gigabyte! I don't know why it only backed up 23 mb
I had a problem with cwm touch looping every so often. I installed the free non touch version and have never looked back. Touch just doesn't make sense for recovery in my opinion cause there's that chance of touching the wrong option. With click it's for sure and no looping.

Advertisements
__________________
People who leave one star ratings in playstore because of something like not liking the icon should be beaten. And forever banned from using free apps.
airtioteclint is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 11th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #202 (permalink)
Member
 
hYpHyPuRpLe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oakland, California
Posts: 351
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 67
Thanked 44 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airtioteclint View Post
I had a problem with cwm touch looping every so often. I installed the free non touch version and have never looked back. Touch just doesn't make sense for recovery in my opinion cause there's that chance of touching the wrong option. With click it's for sure and no looping.
Yeah, I changed back to the regular version and I'll be staying with it. I don't see a reason for the touch version
hYpHyPuRpLe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #203 (permalink)
Member
 
hYpHyPuRpLe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oakland, California
Posts: 351
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 67
Thanked 44 Times in 35 Posts
Default

And also, does anyone know how to deodex stock ZVA? I've been trying to make a theme for stock but I haven't been able to fully deodex. I get too many errors using xUltimate. Anyone know another way?
hYpHyPuRpLe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #204 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G LTE @1.8Ghz Running Playful God's Black Plague 1.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=PlayfulGod;4798390]
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitprogram View Post
Thanks will look into that, if I can get it to replicate.

Not a error per say, but 1.2 is the current build I have uploaded to the RM ROM Developer Portal, so it shouldnt be giving a notice of a update.
It's not notifying to update Black Plague, it's notifying to update Holo Launcher... I got the same notification this morning, I declined just to be on the safe side, I'm keeping the version you uploaded it with just to be on the safe side...
tbroschat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #205 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 41
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

New version came out, no need to be cautious the developer added some more features.
gigermunit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #206 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,109
 
Device(s): LG G Flex, LG Spirit, LG Motion, LG F3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 238
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,077 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hYpHyPuRpLe View Post
And also, does anyone know how to deodex stock ZVA? I've been trying to make a theme for stock but I haven't been able to fully deodex. I get too many errors using xUltimate. Anyone know another way?
I will make a deodexed stock so themers etc have sumtin easier to start out with. Try to deodex only a few apk at a time or even one at a time and see it it works better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbroschat View Post
It's not notifying to update Black Plague, it's notifying to update Holo Launcher... I got the same notification this morning, I declined just to be on the safe side, I'm keeping the version you uploaded it with just to be on the safe side...
Its fine to update apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigermunit View Post
New version came out, no need to be cautious the developer added some more features.
+1
__________________
Official Donate link if you like my work and would like to show your appreciation and support. All donations are greatly appreciated!!

PlayfulDroidz Wiki
UPP
PlayfulGod is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PlayfulGod For This Useful Post:
tonylc74 (August 11th, 2012)
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #207 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G LTE @1.8Ghz Running Playful God's Black Plague 1.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
I will make a deodexed stock so themers etc have sumtin easier to start out with. Try to deodex only a few apk at a time or even one at a time and see it it works better.

Its fine to update apps


+1
Alright, I'll trust the expert, commencing update!
tbroschat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #208 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G LTE @1.8Ghz Running Playful God's Black Plague 1.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

ugh, this rom toolbox cpu controller is a pain, I really like the rest of rom toolbox, but it will NOT hold cpu settings! I check them every once in a while and it changes them randomly, I set it to 810mhz to conserve battery, profile set to ondemand so it's not sluggish, and it randomly set's it to 1826 or 1080...
tbroschat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #209 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,109
 
Device(s): LG G Flex, LG Spirit, LG Motion, LG F3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 238
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,077 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbroschat View Post
ugh, this rom toolbox cpu controller is a pain, I really like the rest of rom toolbox, but it will NOT hold cpu settings! I check them every once in a while and it changes them randomly, I set it to 810mhz to conserve battery, profile set to ondemand so it's not sluggish, and it randomly set's it to 1826 or 1080...
Yea a few of you have reported that, but I have not been able to replicate it on mine.
PlayfulGod is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #210 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G LTE @1.8Ghz Running Playful God's Black Plague 1.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
Yea a few of you have reported that, but I have not been able to replicate it on mine.
Could it be because I'm running LG Connect Optimizer? Maybe uninstalling that will fix the issue?
tbroschat is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 11th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #211 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,109
 
Device(s): LG G Flex, LG Spirit, LG Motion, LG F3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 238
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,077 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbroschat View Post
Could it be because I'm running LG Connect Optimizer? Maybe uninstalling that will fix the issue?
try it, and any other cpu control apps besides the one you want to use. I use android overclock, which is the same cpu control app in RT, but it has a nice looking widget, and RT and those 2 dont seem to be conflicting.
PlayfulGod is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #212 (permalink)
Member
 
DrHangman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington, Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 173
 
Device(s): SGS3 (BB 8), LG Motion (#,4.2 kboard), Nook Color (CM 9), HTC Inspire 4G (Jellytime)
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 71
Thanked 61 Times in 39 Posts
dr.hangman@gmail.com
Default

Fun...

Installed 1.2, decided to switch the lockscreen settings back to 1.1.
Rebooted into CWM Touch from PG's other post, mounted system and tried to push files, said protocol error. Went to reboot, brick (soft brick).
It would not boot the boot animation, just LG logo. Could connect to it in ADB, but not system folder access. Tried using Tickle my Android to reboot to recovery, it just rebooted to LG logo.
Used unbricking method from forum main page, success.
Re-installed normal CWM from Rom Manager, success.
Flashed Black Plague 1.1 (like the images better and didn't want the ICS animations), success.

We did have a problem with random reboots, but it was the clock speed, 1536 is unstable on my wife's Connect. Installed no-frills CPU and set back to stock speed and it eliminated the problem.

Any idea why there would be an error pushing to the phone in recovery?
Hasn't been a problem with the Esteem, is this a no-no for the Connect?

Any idea what caused the Soft Brick?
DrHangman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #213 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G LTE @1.8Ghz Running Playful God's Black Plague 1.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
try it, and any other cpu control apps besides the one you want to use. I use android overclock, which is the same cpu control app in RT, but it has a nice looking widget, and RT and those 2 dont seem to be conflicting.
I think I'm going to ditch Rom Toolbox and try Android Overclock as well, I like some of the tools like the App Manager and Ad Blocker and stuff, but it isn't holding cpu settings...
tbroschat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #214 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G LTE @1.8Ghz Running Playful God's Black Plague 1.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

also, I've experienced a random ringtone change on it's own... also a app drawer icon removal on it's own...
tbroschat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #215 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,109
 
Device(s): LG G Flex, LG Spirit, LG Motion, LG F3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 238
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,077 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHangman View Post
Fun...

Installed 1.2, decided to switch the lockscreen settings back to 1.1.
Rebooted into CWM Touch from PG's other post, mounted system and tried to push files, said protocol error. Went to reboot, brick (soft brick).
It would not boot the boot animation, just LG logo. Could connect to it in ADB, but not system folder access. Tried using Tickle my Android to reboot to recovery, it just rebooted to LG logo.
Used unbricking method from forum main page, success.
Re-installed normal CWM from Rom Manager, success.
Flashed Black Plague 1.1 (like the images better and didn't want the ICS animations), success.

We did have a problem with random reboots, but it was the clock speed, 1536 is unstable on my wife's Connect. Installed no-frills CPU and set back to stock speed and it eliminated the problem.

Any idea why there would be an error pushing to the phone in recovery?
Hasn't been a problem with the Esteem, is this a no-no for the Connect?

Any idea what caused the Soft Brick?
Did you do adb remount b4 pushing?
PlayfulGod is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PlayfulGod For This Useful Post:
DrHangman (August 14th, 2012)
Old August 11th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #216 (permalink)
Member
 
DrHangman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington, Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 173
 
Device(s): SGS3 (BB 8), LG Motion (#,4.2 kboard), Nook Color (CM 9), HTC Inspire 4G (Jellytime)
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 71
Thanked 61 Times in 39 Posts
dr.hangman@gmail.com
Default

Can't recall if I did, would guess that I did not.

Will not make this mistake again...Ever.
DrHangman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #217 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G LTE @1.8Ghz Running Playful God's Black Plague 1.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok, so on second thought, I'm trying Rom Toolbox Pro before I scratch it, I really like that it does almost everything, all in one... so let's hope it can hold cpu values!
tbroschat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #218 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G LTE @1.8Ghz Running Playful God's Black Plague 1.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok, so now it's changed my ringtone again confirming that it's not a fluke...
tbroschat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #219 (permalink)
Member
 
myshkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ft Worth, Texas
Posts: 441
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G, Samsung Admire (rooted)(deactive) In the past: HTC EVO Samsung Intercept HTC Her
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 72
Thanked 65 Times in 46 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to myshkin
Default

It seems to me, well for me at least that when I had first installed this ROM over BrokenOut and I had flashed at least 3 themes that I can remember, that I had constant reboots, my OC settings wouldn't stick even though I had edited my script, for some strange reason if I plugged in head jacks it would just pause my music. I finally just decided I had too much crap on there and files changed too much and started over from scratch. I didn't put BrokenOut back on, just this one, and it seemed to want to "settle" for a day before deciding to act nice. Now I'm not having the constant reboots, only if I try to do a batch backup in TI or batch move to sd or some sort of big batch move. My external speakers work now too. I have ROM toolbox, but I don't mess with the cpu control in there. I never even click it. I used to, and would set sliders, but I could never get it to work steady. I use antutu cpu master and set the profiles it has. I now since the redo don't have a problem with my settings sticking. I also will push apps that TI suggest into my ROM. Sometimes I think you have to let the dust settle a bit and give a ROM time to settle in. The kinks will work out. Especially if you are having a problem no one else is.

anna
__________________

CHOOSE HOPE & NEVER GIVE UP!!
myshkin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #220 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
airtioteclint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,909
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy S3, LG Connect, LG Esteem, Motorola Droid X, BlackBerry Tour
Carrier: MetroPCS, T-Mobile

Thanks: 615
Thanked 854 Times in 617 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshkin View Post
It seems to me, well for me at least that when I had first installed this ROM over BrokenOut and I had flashed at least 3 themes that I can remember, that I had constant reboots, my OC settings wouldn't stick even though I had edited my script, for some strange reason if I plugged in head jacks it would just pause my music. I finally just decided I had too much crap on there and files changed too much and started over from scratch. I didn't put BrokenOut back on, just this one, and it seemed to want to "settle" for a day before deciding to act nice. Now I'm not having the constant reboots, only if I try to do a batch backup in TI or batch move to sd or some sort of big batch move. My external speakers work now too. I have ROM toolbox, but I don't mess with the cpu control in there. I never even click it. I used to, and would set sliders, but I could never get it to work steady. I use antutu cpu master and set the profiles it has. I now since the redo don't have a problem with my settings sticking. I also will push apps that TI suggest into my ROM. Sometimes I think you have to let the dust settle a bit and give a ROM time to settle in. The kinks will work out. Especially if you are having a problem no one else is.

anna
The music pausing on plugging in could be a setting in your music players app. I know there's one to pause when you unplug for sure. You might want to check.
airtioteclint is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 11th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #221 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G LTE @1.8Ghz Running Playful God's Black Plague 1.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok, frustration is mounting... I've tried everything from Antutu CPU master to ROM Toolbox pro, to Android Overclock, nothing is working... cpu settings will not stick, they are going straight back to 1512mhz...

I tried deleting init.qcom.post_boot.sh but it didn't help...
tbroschat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #222 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G LTE @1.8Ghz Running Playful God's Black Plague 1.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok, I completely removed Rom Toolbox, and am trying Antutu CPU Master pro, settings seem to be sticking once I removed Rom Toolbox completely! Disappointing because I liked everything else about Rom Toolbox...<br>
tbroschat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #223 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M CM7.2, Galaxy Indulge rooted, LG Connect 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I Have a major problem with v1.2 .... why am I getting random reboots to the boot animation with all the green numbers, and after it loads up I have a missing notification bar? It is just black with no time or battery indicator on it?
danielgomez345 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #224 (permalink)
Member
 
myshkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ft Worth, Texas
Posts: 441
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G, Samsung Admire (rooted)(deactive) In the past: HTC EVO Samsung Intercept HTC Her
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 72
Thanked 65 Times in 46 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to myshkin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbroschat View Post
Ok, I completely removed Rom Toolbox, and am trying Antutu CPU Master pro, settings seem to be sticking once I removed Rom Toolbox completely! Disappointing because I liked everything else about Rom Toolbox...<br>
if you uninstalled ROM Toolbox, reinstall it and just don't click on the control cpu setting. If you don't click it, set it and apply it, it won't try to use it and you can use the other features of ROM Toolbox. That's what I did.

Anna
myshkin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #225 (permalink)
Member
 
myshkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ft Worth, Texas
Posts: 441
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G, Samsung Admire (rooted)(deactive) In the past: HTC EVO Samsung Intercept HTC Her
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 72
Thanked 65 Times in 46 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to myshkin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airtioteclint View Post
The music pausing on plugging in could be a setting in your music players app. I know there's one to pause when you unplug for sure. You might want to check.
No, because One, I didn't have problems before. Two, I uninstalled both music player apps I have and it was still doing it on stock. Three, once I cleaned up my sd card and system it fixed all my problems, including that one. My external speakers work just like normal again.

anna
myshkin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #226 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MotoTriumphant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 655
 
Device(s): Rooted Lg Optimus V, Rooted Motorola Triumph, Rooted LG Connect, Rooted Lg Motion(current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 300
Thanked 53 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbroschat View Post
Ok, frustration is mounting... I've tried everything from Antutu CPU master to ROM Toolbox pro, to Android Overclock, nothing is working... cpu settings will not stick, they are going straight back to 1512mhz...

I tried deleting init.qcom.post_boot.sh but it didn't help...
Have u tried rebooting after deleting?
MotoTriumphant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #227 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,109
 
Device(s): LG G Flex, LG Spirit, LG Motion, LG F3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 238
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,077 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielgomez345 View Post
I Have a major problem with v1.2 .... why am I getting random reboots to the boot animation with all the green numbers, and after it loads up I have a missing notification bar? It is just black with no time or battery indicator on it?
thats a quick reboot, a reboot should fix the status bar, but not sure why you're getting the quick reboots.
PlayfulGod is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:10 PM   #228 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Coconut Creek, Florida
Posts: 65
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G, Asus Transformer 300
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 16 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Just a question, is there any way to make a different lock screen permanent on a rom? I want to get rid of the current lock screen and make the Holo Locker permanent.
Jrdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #229 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M CM7.2, Galaxy Indulge rooted, LG Connect 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
thats a quick reboot, a reboot should fix the status bar, but not sure why you're getting the quick reboots.
Every time after I do a regular reboot, it keeps happening at a random time. First I flashed this rom over BoR and everything was going fine at first, then I went to the market to download Titanium Backup. When the download finished downloading it quick reboots. I thought maybe if I restore from when I had stock ZV9 then flash 1.2 over it it'll work, but same problem occurred. Do you think there will be a 1.3 that might fix this?
danielgomez345 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #230 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,109
 
Device(s): LG G Flex, LG Spirit, LG Motion, LG F3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 238
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,077 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielgomez345 View Post
Every time after I do a regular reboot, it keeps happening at a random time. First I flashed this rom over BoR and everything was going fine at first, then I went to the market to download Titanium Backup. When the download finished downloading it quick reboots. I thought maybe if I restore from when I had stock ZV9 then flash 1.2 over it it'll work, but same problem occurred. Do you think there will be a 1.3 that might fix this?
if I can replicate it so I can track down what it is. Have you tried clearing the cache for the store?

And BP is built off ZVA, not that it should make a big diff, but is possible.
PlayfulGod is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #231 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M CM7.2, Galaxy Indulge rooted, LG Connect 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
if I can replicate it so I can track down what it is. Have you tried clearing the cache for the store?

And BP is built off ZVA, not that it should make a big diff, but is possible.
Yep :P I tried that at first too, I thought that might be a solution to fix it but didn't work
danielgomez345 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #232 (permalink)
No Stranger 2 Danger
 
LDrifta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lynn, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,888
 
Device(s): DREAM, MS910, MS840, D2mtr, M931, CodinaMTR, SGH-T599N, G900T1
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 741
Thanked 3,178 Times in 1,264 Posts
LDrifta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
if I can replicate it so I can track down what it is. Have you tried clearing the cache for the store?

And BP is built off ZVA, not that it should make a big diff, but is possible.
i haven't checked your build.prop but i was having a similar issue when setting a dalvik flag v=a, so changed it to v=f and fixed the issue
__________________
~It's only impossible if you stop to think about it!!
Donate Link - If you like/appreciate my work, feel free to donate

Site Rules & Guidelines and Android FAQ's
LDrifta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #233 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M CM7.2, Galaxy Indulge rooted, LG Connect 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldrifta View Post
i haven't checked your build.prop but i was having a similar issue when setting a dalvik flag v=a, so changed it to v=f and fixed the issue
How did you do that? I want this rom freakin bad! haha I don't want these random quick boots!!
danielgomez345 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:50 PM   #234 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,109
 
Device(s): LG G Flex, LG Spirit, LG Motion, LG F3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 238
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,077 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielgomez345 View Post
Every time after I do a regular reboot, it keeps happening at a random time. First I flashed this rom over BoR and everything was going fine at first, then I went to the market to download Titanium Backup. When the download finished downloading it quick reboots. I thought maybe if I restore from when I had stock ZV9 then flash 1.2 over it it'll work, but same problem occurred. Do you think there will be a 1.3 that might fix this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldrifta View Post
i haven't checked your build.prop but i was having a similar issue when setting a dalvik flag v=a, so changed it to v=f and fixed the issue
weird lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielgomez345 View Post
How did you do that? I want this rom freakin bad! haha I don't want these random quick boots!!
with root explorer etc.
PlayfulGod is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 05:56 AM   #235 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Key Largo
Gender: Male
Posts: 96
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 9
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

The new animations are beautiful, and I hate to be that guy,but is there any way that they can be made to happen faster? The framerate is fine, they look and run smoothly, however they simply take too long to happen. Things that I would click on and would pop up in .2 seconds on the GB animation now take .4 seconds, for example. I ended up turning them off, not because I didn't want to look at them, but because they made the phone feel slow; things don't zip around as quickly as they used to when I'm waiting for windows to pop up with my finger already where the button is gonna be that I want to push.

Beautiful work, it really is amazing to have an active dev here who updates and reads the forum and owns the phone he's working on ;P
LightenLhar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 05:59 AM   #236 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Key Largo
Gender: Male
Posts: 96
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 9
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Also, RM gave me an update to SuperUser and CWM Touch, which actually cost me a few bucks, but I figured it couldn't hurt. To my surprise, I got the version of superuser that lets me get the elite version of it, which to me translates to silent mode, and no more "Superuser permission for XX app" notifications. Highly recommended to anybody who doesn't already know about this

Edit: I have no idea why I just double posted that, it's late and I just got home, half asleep, sorry >_<
LightenLhar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 08:25 AM   #237 (permalink)
Member
 
paris8577's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Haslett Mi
Gender: Male
Posts: 284
 
Device(s): Zte Avid
Carrier: Metro

Thanks: 13
Thanked 148 Times in 61 Posts
parisandrews@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightenLhar View Post
The new animations are beautiful, and I hate to be that guy,but is there any way that they can be made to happen faster? The framerate is fine, they look and run smoothly, however they simply take too long to happen. Things that I would click on and would pop up in .2 seconds on the GB animation now take .4 seconds, for example. I ended up turning them off, not because I didn't want to look at them, but because they made the phone feel slow; things don't zip around as quickly as they used to when I'm waiting for windows to pop up with my finger already where the button is gonna be that I want to push.

Beautiful work, it really is amazing to have an active dev here who updates and reads the forum and owns the phone he's working on ;P
download Spare Parts from the market. Thats what i did there is an option for speeding up window animations and transition animations. It speeds it up quite a bit. You might like it. It still wasnt fast enough for me so i ended up turning them off but it might be perfect for you..
paris8577 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #238 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokenpoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,065
 
Device(s): sgsIII, pure stock samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 dualbooting stock and pacrom Lg F6 rooted SgS3 4.3 ro
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 299
Thanked 1,113 Times in 607 Posts
Secondgenmonkey@gmail.com
Default

Just caught the plauge... will report late e'er r
__________________
looking for local miami music? in a miami band and want free promo and show tips, no strings attached? www.facebook.com/hahopromotions show updates, music news and free stuff!!! i help here for free, so i figured i can do this too!!! enjoy!
Tokenpoke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #239 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
TonyConvict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
Posts: 75
 
Device(s): Device: Connect Rom: N/A Kernel: N/A
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
converycomm@gmail.com
Default

I'm using CPU master and plague 1.2 and its not holding CPU settings

Edit:now it seems to be sticking... odd... ill let u know if it changes

Edit 2: checked again and it dropped to 1080
TonyConvict is offline  
Last edited by TonyConvict; August 12th, 2012 at 10:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #240 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Posts: 257
 
Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 33
Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts
Default

For everyone having problems with the CPU not sticking, it seems to be the ROM Toolbox Lite which is causing that problem. As soon as you flash, you should UNINSTALL it, and install another app that does the same thing, like No-Frills CPU.

*Edit: It looks like ROM ToolBox Pro is having the same issues. Such a good app... Oh well! Maybe V. 1.3 can address this?
Speeds03 is offline  
Last edited by Speeds03; August 12th, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 12th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #241 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokenpoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,065
 
Device(s): sgsIII, pure stock samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 dualbooting stock and pacrom Lg F6 rooted SgS3 4.3 ro
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 299
Thanked 1,113 Times in 607 Posts
Secondgenmonkey@gmail.com
Default

So far so good. I use rtp so no issues with clocks here
Tokenpoke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #242 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Posts: 257
 
Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 33
Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Just tried to flash this ROM on my wife's Connect, I did everything I did on my phone, and I had no problems, but my wife's phone is stuck in a bootloop. It was fine when I flashed it, and I did a reboot, and now its stuck in the bootloop. How can I fix this?
Speeds03 is offline  
Last edited by Speeds03; August 12th, 2012 at 01:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #243 (permalink)
Member
 
hYpHyPuRpLe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oakland, California
Posts: 351
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 67
Thanked 44 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeds03 View Post
Just tried to flash this ROM on my wife's Connect, I did everything I did on my phone, and I had no problems, but my wife's phone is stuck in a bootloop. It was fine when I flashed it, and I did a reboot, and now its stuck in the bootloop. How can I fix this?
Just boot back into recovery and restore the backup
hYpHyPuRpLe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #244 (permalink)
I'm Not Real, Doris!
 
Mexjoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,078
 
Device(s): LG Esteem(#2 v2.8.1)
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 593
Thanked 1,009 Times in 683 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeds03 View Post
Just tried to flash this ROM on my wife's Connect, I did everything I did on my phone, and I had no problems, but my wife's phone is stuck in a bootloop. It was fine when I flashed it, and I did a reboot, and now its stuck in the bootloop. How can I fix this?
Try wiping dalvik cache and cache partition :3
Mexjoker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #245 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Posts: 257
 
Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 33
Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Interesting, I just left it bootlooping while I looked for answers, and it went through. Now it's working fine. WTF was that all about? - Just incase it happens again, how can I boot into recovery when the phone is just bootlooping by itself, giving me no options?

*Edit: It did happen again! lol, I guess my wife's phone has the same bootloop problem other people were reporting early on. So I'm currently restoring back to the ZVA ROM, then I'll try to reflash...
Speeds03 is offline  
Last edited by Speeds03; August 13th, 2012 at 08:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #246 (permalink)
I'm Not Real, Doris!
 
Mexjoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,078
 
Device(s): LG Esteem(#2 v2.8.1)
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 593
Thanked 1,009 Times in 683 Posts
Default

Not sure but I read in this thread that its power button and volume keys while phone is turning.

http://androidforums.com/connect-4g-all-things-root/559364-root-cwmtouch-all-in-one-script-cwm-touch-recovery-post4481778.html

And

cwm help

They say it will take you to the stock recovery(screen where it ask if you want to wipe data) and press the power button(x3) to confirm it. Should take you to recovery. >_< read the 2nd link.
Mexjoker is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mexjoker For This Useful Post:
Speeds03 (August 12th, 2012)
Old August 12th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #247 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,030
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 485
Thanked 178 Times in 132 Posts
dtorr1118@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris8577 View Post
download Spare Parts from the market. Thats what i did there is an option for speeding up window animations and transition animations. It speeds it up quite a bit. You might like it. It still wasnt fast enough for me so i ended up turning them off but it might be perfect for you..
Oh snap paris is here too!! I dig!. Loved your work for the Admire Cooking up any themes for Black Plague??
flakito97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #248 (permalink)
No Stranger 2 Danger
 
LDrifta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lynn, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,888
 
Device(s): DREAM, MS910, MS840, D2mtr, M931, CodinaMTR, SGH-T599N, G900T1
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 741
Thanked 3,178 Times in 1,264 Posts
LDrifta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
weird lol
yeah.. i know lol

i dont know if you seen the comments in the past about people trying to download poweramp then a sudden reboot.. but i checked your build and you dont have it so i dunno haha

anyway jus dropped in to say thanks for the awesome rom!! my gf loves her new phone even more now so im in the clear lol
LDrifta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #249 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokenpoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,065
 
Device(s): sgsIII, pure stock samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 dualbooting stock and pacrom Lg F6 rooted SgS3 4.3 ro
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 299
Thanked 1,113 Times in 607 Posts
Secondgenmonkey@gmail.com
Default

OK, three reboot all while trying to open SMS while receiving one
Tokenpoke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #250 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,030
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 485
Thanked 178 Times in 132 Posts
dtorr1118@gmail.com
Default



Sweetness!! Sorry I've never had a phone boost these kinda benchmark tests haha
flakito97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Connect 4G > Connect 4G - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.