Originally Posted by wilsonbx198st
i need some help cause am on stock rom rooted and it still restarts.
First things first we'll go from easiest to hardest.
1. Try underclocking the processor on the phone. It may simply be a power draw issue and your battery may have a short, or the phone some faulty wiring.
2. Try setting the dimmer on the phone down some so that the brightness of the front screen isn't as high (again, could be a power draw issue.)
3. If your phone was used, there's a chance they may have used some kind of "torch app" that allowed them to over volt the flash on the back,a nd THAT may still be active. How to fix this would be a complicated pain in the ass, and I'd say just trash the phone instead of testing thousands of apps.
4. Does it do it when it's plugged into a WALL OUTLET and charging?
5. Have you tried using any other camera program? If not, try that, and see if it still happens
6. If it didn't do it then the apk or odex file for the stock camera in your phone is bugged. Back up your apps using titanium backup pro (pro has batch operations, way easier than stock) and then get a fresh rom on your phone. we have NUMEROUS stock roms listed here for people to use. some rooted, some not, etc.
7. If it DID still reboot, then it's safe to say at this point that there more than likely IS an issue with your phone somewhere on the hardware level, but just to make sure, let's try one more thing.
8. Go ahead, and download one of the stock roms we have listed; and give it a run after performing a COMPLETE NANDROID. If it doesn't do it again then you know that for whatever reason your firmware was bugged. If it does, well, it's time to take that phone in under its warranty, or start carrying a small led flashlight that runs off a car battery.