Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Conquer 4G > Conquer 4G - All Things Root

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aboatright

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 26th, 2011, 03:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): SPH-M900
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Root Guide - Samsung Conquer 4G

**I do not take credit for this guide, I am just passing along the information!**

Here is a quick Guide to Rooting your Samsung Conquer 4G

1. Download Super One Click Root 2.3.1(below)
2. Extract the RAR to a location of your choice
3. On your phone click Menu, Settings, Application, Development and check USB Debugging.
4. Open SuperOneClick
5. Plug your phone in to the USB
6. Click Root and watch it do its thing

When it is done it should have installed SuperUser and you should now be rooted.

At this time there are no Roms or Recoverys so the only thing we benifit from is some apps and being able to remove some of the clutter.

Links
SuperOneClick 2.3.1

Advertisements
s3ff3r is offline  
Last edited by s3ff3r; December 26th, 2011 at 03:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 28th, 2011, 11:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I can't get the wifi tether to work. It says I am missing the wifi drivers and the channel failed to load.. Can someone help..
txsholdem224 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 07:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Has anyone try this rooting procedure?

Hi all,

Sorry I am fairly new to the rooting business, I'd like to check if anybody had any success for rooting Samsung Conqure 4G from Sprint? I got one, but kind of nervous rooting it. If anybody knows where I can see a video, it would be great.

Thanks.
yanxizao is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Yanxizao: it's super easy, PM me if you need help, you won't need a video to successfully root this phone.
prjktdtnt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Will SuperOneClick unroot the Conquer as well? Haven't found an unroot guide for this phone yet; just covering my bases in case I need warranty service in the future.

Thanks
ijroorda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 02:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijroorda View Post
Will SuperOneClick unroot the Conquer as well? Haven't found an unroot guide for this phone yet; just covering my bases in case I need warranty service in the future.

Thanks
Well, I took the plunge and did this, and figured if it wouldn't un-root, I was hoping eventually it could be done, but to let you know, I successfully rooted and then un-rooted my Samsung Conquer 4G with Super-One-Click. I used v2.3.3, and can confirm it works both to root AND un-root the phone. Just curious why nobody has answered, or if it's considered a "dumb" question or something. Some people just haven't ever done this before, like me, but I am no idiot, that's for sure.

But YES, you CAN un-root your phone, at least I was able to ...
brienj is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brienj For This Useful Post:
ijroorda (March 28th, 2012)
Old March 28th, 2012, 07:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brienj View Post
Well, I took the plunge and did this, and figured if it wouldn't un-root, I was hoping eventually it could be done, but to let you know, I successfully rooted and then un-rooted my Samsung Conquer 4G with Super-One-Click. I used v2.3.3, and can confirm it works both to root AND un-root the phone. Just curious why nobody has answered, or if it's considered a "dumb" question or something. Some people just haven't ever done this before, like me, but I am no idiot, that's for sure.

But YES, you CAN un-root your phone, at least I was able to ...
Thanks for the response, brienj. I work in IT, so this stuff doesn't scare me, but I am new to the Android world (recent iPhone convert). I figured I would rather ask dumb questions before I root than after.

I did get an answer on the Ting support forums as well; someone there confirmed that you can unroot the Samsung Conquer 4G with SuperOneClick, "so long as it's a newer version which has the zergRush exploit built in." Hopefully this thread is useful to someone else with the same question in the future.
ijroorda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijroorda View Post
Thanks for the response, brienj. I work in IT, so this stuff doesn't scare me, but I am new to the Android world (recent iPhone convert). I figured I would rather ask dumb questions before I root than after.

I did get an answer on the Ting support forums as well; someone there confirmed that you can unroot the Samsung Conquer 4G with SuperOneClick, "so long as it's a newer version which has the zergRush exploit built in." Hopefully this thread is useful to someone else with the same question in the future.
I agree, everyone starts somewhere, and you have to ask the "dumb" questions sometimes.

I can't believe how simple it is to root and un-root. You just push the buttons in the program on your PC, and it does everything for you. I found a guide to manually do it as well, so I could see what it was doing. It's even pretty simple doing it the manual way.

The only problem I've found, and I hope to learn more, so I can figure out why it does it, is that I can only access the data folder using ddms, right after I root it. If I reboot the device, I can no longer access the data folder using ddms. I'm sure there is some service or something that needs to run as root, that is only running as root right after you root it with Super-One-Click. I hope to learn more on this.
brienj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Tethering

If I root my phone what all will I be able to do that I can not do now? I am very new to this is there any one that can help me out?
Bellatxrose is offline  
Last edited by Bellatxrose; May 15th, 2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Not getting any help
Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default SuperOneClick v.2.3.3.0 - Not Working?

I am trying to root my Samsung Conquer 4G with SuperOneClick v2.3.3.0, but it keeps freezing up on me? No root, and I'm really not sure why. I've got my phone set to Debugging mode, as per the instructions, all the required software installed. I really don't know why it isn't working for me. Any ideas people?
Evil20071 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil20071 View Post
I am trying to root my Samsung Conquer 4G with SuperOneClick v2.3.3.0, but it keeps freezing up on me? No root, and I'm really not sure why. I've got my phone set to Debugging mode, as per the instructions, all the required software installed. I really don't know why it isn't working for me. Any ideas people?
This method does not work on the phones with the OTA update, or FC17 pre-installed. You must use the method in the thread I made here - Install Root on Samsung Conquer with the FC17 Update
brienj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default SuperOneClick, GingerSnap, GingerBreak will not root my Conquer

I am wondering why I can not root my Conquer 4G no matter what I try. I tried the latest release of S.O.C., GingerSnap, GingerBreak with no prevail.

Here are the specs of the phone:

Model #: SPH-D600
Android Version: 2.3.6
Baseband version: S600.12 x.FC17
Kernal Version: 2.6.35.7
Build # GINGERBREAK.FC17
Hardware Version: D600.12
PRL Version 60683

I plug the phone in via USB turn on both USB Mass Storage and Debug Mode, click Root and eventually the program stops responding or just sits at ...Exploit... forever.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
mthwgrn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthwgrn View Post
I am wondering why I can not root my Conquer 4G no matter what I try. I tried the latest release of S.O.C., GingerSnap, GingerBreak with no prevail.

Here are the specs of the phone:

Model #: SPH-D600
Android Version: 2.3.6
Baseband version: S600.12 x.FC17
Kernal Version: 2.6.35.7
Build # GINGERBREAK.FC17
Hardware Version: D600.12
PRL Version 60683

I plug the phone in via USB turn on both USB Mass Storage and Debug Mode, click Root and eventually the program stops responding or just sits at ...Exploit... forever.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
I guess you totally missed my post, eh?
brienj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Perhaps a stupid question

How do I tell If I have the OTA update that would prevent using OneClick. My phone is showing that my build is still GINGERBREAD.FE16, and I'm assuming this means I do not have the FC17 update. However, OneClick will not seem to work (it always gets hung on step 7). I just wanted to see if there was something I was missing before going the FC17/root route, as I would prefer the simplicity of OneClick.
bcf0001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have the same problem
HeadshotTYS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 08:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
aboatright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando,FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,112
 
Device(s): Lg Spirit Lg Motion Samsung Admire Lg Esteem HTC EVO 4g Samsung Galaxy S2
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 252
Thanked 563 Times in 278 Posts
aboatright3605
Default

bump..bump...this needs a sticky. Mods!!!! Mods!!!! Sticky please!!!
aboatright is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

FE16 is the newest update, and this method of rooting was broke in the last update before FE16, which was FC17. As I keep saying, the ONLY way to get root is through the method I have posted here, or if you find someone else that has posted an Odin image with CWM. An Odin image with a CWM recovery is the ONLY way to get root, period, if you are on FC17 or newer firmware.

BTW, why should this thread be stickied, when the information is old and no longer works?
brienj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
aboatright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando,FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,112
 
Device(s): Lg Spirit Lg Motion Samsung Admire Lg Esteem HTC EVO 4g Samsung Galaxy S2
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 252
Thanked 563 Times in 278 Posts
aboatright3605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brienj View Post
FE16 is the newest update, and this method of rooting was broke in the last update before FE16, which was FC17. As I keep saying, the ONLY way to get root is through the method I have posted here, or if you find someone else that has posted an Odin image with CWM. An Odin image with a CWM recovery is the ONLY way to get root, period, if you are on FC17 or newer firmware.

BTW, why should this thread be stickied, when the information is old and no longer works?
Because it can be updated and this is one of the first places people are looking for answers...with this stickied we can start to get people interested in this phone...get them to ask questions..get this forum to come alive.
Theres about to be a bomb of new roms dropped on this phone and owners should be made aware of it...they have options and they need to know what they are.
would you like to help? lets get the mods involved...sticky this and get it updated..theres no need to go anywhere else for the samsung conquer..it all should start here!!!!
FlatHead likes this.
aboatright is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Conquer 4G > Conquer 4G - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.