Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > Contests & Giveaways

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 5th, 2011, 10:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
darkcyber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Alabama
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,565
 
Device(s): Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 800
Thanked 150 Times in 110 Posts
Default Where are the Holiday Contest posts made at?

Is there one single thread that the holiday contest posts are made in? I actually just stumbled across this and trying to find where this is happening at.

Advertisements
darkcyber is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 5th, 2011, 11:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
B2L
Senior Member
 
B2L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 1,835
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,243
Thanked 662 Times in 440 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcyber View Post
Is there one single thread that the holiday contest posts are made in? I actually just stumbled across this and trying to find where this is happening at.
Just keep an eye out for the Holidroid contest posts on Phandroid. When they decide to use AF for contest posts they always link to it in the article. There is no specific designated post for all of the daily contests. Sometimes they are on the article comments, sometimes they are posted here on AF in The Lounge, it all depends.

We also have a subforum for contests, but it's not likely that the contests will be posted here.
http://androidforums.com/contests-giveaways/
B2L is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to B2L For This Useful Post:
darkcyber (December 5th, 2011)
Old December 5th, 2011, 11:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
darkcyber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Alabama
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,565
 
Device(s): Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 800
Thanked 150 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2L View Post
Just keep an eye out for the Holidroid contest posts on Phandroid. When they decide to use AF for contest posts they always link to it in the article. There is no specific designated post for all of the daily contests. Sometimes they are on the article comments, sometimes they are posted here on AF in The Lounge, it all depends.

We also have a subforum for contests, but it's not likely that the contests will be posted here.
Contests & Giveaways - Android Forums
Thanks! I'm just trying to figure out where I need to be looking for what. So, any information about that days giveaway will be appened to the Holiday Contest link here: HAPPY HOLIDROID CONTEST: 30 Kindle Fires, 10 Galaxy Nexus & Much More! ?

Like todays contest it says "Today’s contest is quite simple – post a comment explaining what gets you to read Phandroid or visit Androidforums.com every single day. We’ll randomly select one comment which was posted within one hour of this post’s timestamp."

Where are we suppose to post at? Either I'm a little slow or the contest info is not very clear...lol!
darkcyber is offline  
Last edited by darkcyber; December 5th, 2011 at 11:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
B2L
Senior Member
 
B2L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 1,835
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,243
Thanked 662 Times in 440 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcyber View Post
Thanks! I'm just trying to figure out where I need to be looking for what. So, any information about that days giveaway will be appened to the Holiday Contest link here: HAPPY HOLIDROID CONTEST: 30 Kindle Fires, 10 Galaxy Nexus & Much More! ?

Like todays contest it says "Today’s contest is quite simple – post a comment explaining what gets you to read Phandroid or visit Androidforums.com every single day. We’ll randomly select one comment which was posted within one hour of this post’s timestamp."

Where are we suppose to post at? Either I'm a little slow or the contest info is not very clear...lol!
There is a new Holidroid post everyday. So make sure you are keeping an eye out for a new article everyday. It can happen at anytime and there are always instructions. For example here is the link to yesterdays contest

Happy Holidroid Contest: Random Winner Giveaway!

The instructions are in each Holidroid article for the day. So for example, with yesterdays contest you were required to

Quote:
Today’s contest is quite simple – post a comment explaining what gets you to read Phandroid or visit Androidforums.com every single day. We’ll randomly select one comment which was posted within one hour of this post’s timestamp.
Within an hour of the timestamp of this post (Eastern time zone) post a comment on this post explaining why you read Phandroid or AndroidForums.com every day.
A winner will be selected at random from the pool of people who commented within the hour.
Read our Full Official Rules for information about eligibility
This isn’t required but if you want to be nice... Visit Amazon.com by clicking here before you do your holiday shopping because you love us!
So with yesterdays contest, in order to enter you were required to post a comment on that article within an hour of when this article was published.

Basically, watch Phandroid like a hawk, once you see a post that says Holidroid contest for that day, follow the instructions and you will be entered to win.
B2L is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to B2L For This Useful Post:
darkcyber (December 5th, 2011)
Old December 5th, 2011, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
darkcyber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Alabama
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,565
 
Device(s): Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 800
Thanked 150 Times in 110 Posts
Default

So, www.phandroid.com main page is the place to watch...correct?
darkcyber is offline  
Last edited by NightAngel79; December 5th, 2011 at 07:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 07:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,474
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,745
Thanked 6,454 Times in 3,930 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcyber View Post
So, Android Phone main page is the place to watch...correct?
That is a bad link darkcyber^ think you have an extra letter in it.(nevermind, i fixed it in your post) But yes, watch the phandroid home page like a hawk and make sure you follow the directions
NightAngel79 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > Contests & Giveaways
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.