How to root Defy Plus (MB526)
1. Charge your phone for at least 50%.
2. Install Motorola USB Drivers on your Windows PC.
3. Install RSD Lite (i used version 5.7).
4. Get SBF's from step 2 and 4 at [How-To] Root für BL7 Stock ROMs (2.6.3, DFP-188 und höher) - Android-Hilfe.de
5. Rename these 2 files to a shorter name.
6. Boot phone into BootLoader menu (turn off and back on again by pressing and holding volume up and power button) and connect to PC using USB cable.
7. Start RSD Lite, click ... button and select first SBF. Click Start button.
8. After max 10 minutes it should be ready. Be patient and let it finish.
9. Do a "Wipe data / Factory reset" and
a "Wipe Dalvik cache"
10. Again, click ... button and select second SBF. Click Start button.
When it's done you're rooted!
You then need a custom bootloader (if you plan to use another ROM).
1. Search for Easy Installer (infolife llc) in Google Play. Install.
2. On your PC download 2nd init for Defy (SndInitDefy), then put it on your phone. I used version 2.3.
3. Open Easy Installer and install 2nd Init.
If you want to flash a custom ROM (for example CM10), first power off then power on. When you see the blue light: press volume-down.
And in case of any emergencies:
[GUIDE]How to unbrick your Defy and solve other bugs - xda-developers
(Now running Jelly Bean on MB526)