January 23rd, 2011, 08:23 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lost wifi channels 12-14, and other miseries after "upgrading" to Froyo
My Dell Streak doesn't "see" channels 12-14 since I have "upgraded" it to 2.2 from 1.6.
I live in Czech Republic, Europe where the US restriction to channels 1-11 does not apply.
I've upgraded after being advised by Dell to do so; but I haven't been warned that it was actually downgrading certain functionalities . Many internet cafes (and all the ones I go to) use channels above 11, meaning my Streak is a wifi-less phone .
My question here are:
- how can I circumvent this problem without having to return to 1.6?
- is Dell likely to offer an EU (and Asian) version of Froyo?
- has someone (Steve?) made a version of 2.2 without the limitations introduced in the official version?
The other negative sides of the upgrade are
- the loss of outlook synchronization with the provided software, which was working without a hitch with 1.6. The Nero thing is just good enough to transfer media, which btw is easier to do by USB connection. I've got the feeling Dell submitted to Google's pressure to discourage MS friendly apps.
- the need to root the beast to get some basic apps, such as screen capture working. BTW, there is no inbuilt screen capture function, which is quite daft. Or is it deliberate to make it more difficult for users in trouble to illustrate their problems .