Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Dell Streak (Mini 5)

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 31st, 2010, 01:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): 2 EVO's Rooted- King Cocoa, Kings Ultra Froyo Unleashed w/ Netarchy 4.3.2 cfs nosbc havs more
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Computer won't recognize my phone

I'm trying to load some media from my laptop to my sd card. When I plug in my usb cord directly to the laptop my phone asks what I want to do I select transfer media but on my desktop nothing is recognized. I have checked my computer where the devices and drives are listed and it is not there I have already downloaded the drivers for my streak. Any thoughts on how to accomplish this? BTW I am running windows 7 64bit

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old December 31st, 2010, 10:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC One X, BB Curve Dell Streak (RIP)
Carrier: AT&T

Send a message via Yahoo to nb_mitch

Maybe it's your version of Winders

Are you having the same problem I am, that Dell PC Suite doesn't see your phone or that your computer doesn't see it?

When you connect your Streak to the PC, a pop-up on the phone asks why you are connecting, with 3 options, which one did you pick?

When I picked option 1 (sync media, etc), my XP PC sees my Streak, even calls it that in the File Manager. I see all the subfolders on the device, etc.
Me and my bike at GKTW
Old December 31st, 2010, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): 2 EVO's Rooted- King Cocoa, Kings Ultra Froyo Unleashed w/ Netarchy 4.3.2 cfs nosbc havs more

Yes I select options 1 to sync media and the first couple of times it worked fine now when I plug it in it does not recognize anything it just sits there after I select what I wanted to do.
Old December 31st, 2010, 10:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

My PC sees my Dell, but the Dell PC Suite doesn't. I just downloaded all my music to the Streak worked great, even got the artwork.
Old January 1st, 2011, 09:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

Wow... I'm doing this for the first time as well. I'm winders vista. Tried to load PC Suite, made it all the way to the final stage and it just hung there till I cancelled it. Found this thread, and even without the PC Suite, I'm now able to transfer back and fourth. Dell Streak Driver for Dell PC Studio - Laptop General Hardware Forum - Laptop - Dell Community

Basically plug in phone by usb, select the transfer media on the phone when it asks, and "ok"(crucial)... only after you select "ok" it will show up as an external drive under "My Computer" or whatever your own computer says when you look at the drives. There will be an icon of the phone that you can click and go from there.
Old January 1st, 2011, 09:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S5

To expand on my problem:
I've installed Dell Sync. When I connect my Streak via USB, in Windows Explorer, there is 'Removable drive H:' (which is the SD card) which I can access, and Dell Streak, which, when I click on it, I can't access.

On the Streak itself, it says 'waiting for connection', and in Dell Sync on my PC, it says 'disconnected'.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 01:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

nb Mitch,

How did you download your music to your Streak? My streak will not recognize any music that I sync from my Windows 7, 64 bit. it doesn't show up in the music player. Please comment in my post "Streak Won't Sync With Music Player".

Thanks,

rrm333
Old January 22nd, 2011, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

I will comment in your other thread, but to be honest, I didn't do anything special. My PC running Winders xp recognized my Streak as a "Streak" in Explore. I just copied the files from the pc to the music folder on the streak. It shows the artwork and everything and when I go into the preloaded "music" app it plays it.
Old April 24th, 2011, 12:46 AM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s):

Confused

i have droid 2 global, and when i plug it into a dell computer, the dell doesn't recognize it...it will say inserted into removable drive M: /, and then when i try to upload a picture to facebook, i check mdrive, and it says please insert disk...it doesn't pick up on my flashdrive either...help??
Old July 17th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s):

I had trouble with my Streak 5's usb connection. I did a backup using Dell mobile sync over wifi. Then I did a factory reset and now the usb connection is working again.
sponsored links
Old December 13th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default funny, same thing happened to me- advice

if you have a LG phone, my problem was that i had to download driver to recognize phone. go to the following site to download for free the driver.

LG Android USB Device driver for the optimus M - Official LG Phone Forum

read advice carefully, make sure when you download and install driver, that phone isn't connected to computer

worked for me

best wishes and god bless
Old December 13th, 2011, 08:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrm333 View Post
nb Mitch,

How did you download your music to your Streak? My streak will not recognize any music that I sync from my Windows 7, 64 bit. it doesn't show up in the music player. Please comment in my post "Streak Won't Sync With Music Player".

Thanks,

rrm333
My newest Streak doesn't recognize the music I copied with the default player, but the aftermarket player I have sees the music fine. I don't get it, but don't really care, I can play my music, so that is all that matters to me.
Old January 4th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s):

Having trouble with my Dell Streak. It now has recurring pop up windows telling me that "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly." and i'm given no choice but to click "Force Close" each time and its looped on that, restricting my access to the rest of the phone. Trying to do a factory reset, but i'm having difficulty saving things like my apps to my sd card from my computer AND i cannot use the phone to reset it. any help with the sd card or resetting my phone via the PC?
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:50 AM   #14 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb_mitch View Post
Maybe it's your version of Winders
In my booklet XP is the one OS that is NOT mentioned and Windows 7 is on the list. I am using XP and I can't get the streak to talk with the suite at all. I had to download suite off the internet as it seemed not to be in the phone but I am not sure if I have done it properly. It is there apparently on my PC - I am wondering if there is something else I need to do. I can access the phone as if it is a hard drive so as to lift off pictures etc. but just cannot access DellPCsuite.
Old January 5th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by helijohn View Post
It is there apparently on my PC - I am wondering if there is something else I need to do. I can access the phone as if it is a hard drive so as to lift off pictures etc. but just cannot access DellPCsuite.
The DellPCSuite is garbage, I just uninstalled it as it provided nothing of value and constantly started up when my Dell wasn;t connected but would only see the Streak about 1 out of 10 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifontesMed View Post
Having trouble with my Dell Streak. It now has recurring pop up windows telling me that "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly."
Call Dell if you are still in the first year, they replaced mine with a new device when that happened.

Copied from my service email:

To contact us through email, please reply to this email, and include the following information in the body of the email:
1. Your preferred method of contact (email or phone if you would like us to call you back)
2. Please include your phone number and the best time of the day to call you if phone is your preferred method of contact

To contact us through the phone, please call 1-877-671-3355, select option 1, then enter the extension 7244444
Old January 5th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

Device(s):

Should I have stuck to my HTC?? I wanted a bigger display and other large phones were a lot more costly.
Old January 6th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by helijohn View Post
Should I have stuck to my HTC?? I wanted a bigger display and other large phones were a lot more costly.
The phone is a nice device, their software that is included is garbage and I just don't use it.
Old January 7th, 2012, 02:50 AM   #18 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb_mitch View Post
The phone is a nice device, their software that is included is garbage .
Actually very true - it takes a while to get used to the way that Dell does business and strangely nearly all my stuff is Dell (just realised!!); I find HTC is very intuitive and much more jazzy but square inch per the Dell is uncatchable.

Dell Streak
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Calling the Dell Streak an "Android Phone" is entering a grey area - with a massive 5-inch screen the device is practically a tablet but it hauls cellular connectivity that make "phone" a perfectly acceptable categorization. By ... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Dell Streak (Mini 5)