Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Dell Streak (Mini 5)

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 21st, 2011, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

Default Is Dell Streak 7 worth it?

Staples now has the Dell Streak 7 for $300, and that is now only $200, because of their coupon for $100 off.
I need a portable tablet with GPS, Wifi, official Google Android Market, and a multi-touch capacitive screen, and the Dell Streak 7 seems to have it all.

Does it also have a good Google calendar? I very much need a calendar that I can use when offline, and then sync online when at a Wifi spot.
(It doesn't need to be the Google calendar. It just needs to be available to me offline, and then sync when online. )

Does it run all the other official Google apps, like Maps and Navigation?

This would be worth it to me if it works well as a GPS for driving, and for amateur hiking. (I know that Google maps has terrain maps; these might be useful.)

Any problems or issues with the Dell Streak 7 that I should know about before purchasing?

Any suggestions for alternative Android tablets <= $300?

Thanks much,

Robert

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old July 23rd, 2011, 02:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

I just pick up one for 200 at staples with the coupon. I have to say i am impressed. I really wanted to get a 10 inch tab such as iconia or transformer but decided to save 100 bucks and try out the streak. It seems to have everything that a normal droid phone running 2.2.2. About the only thing you do not have is a 3g radio. Everything else is there, calendars included.

Dell Streak
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Calling the Dell Streak an "Android Phone" is entering a grey area - with a massive 5-inch screen the device is practically a tablet but it hauls cellular connectivity that make "phone" a perfectly acceptable categorization. By ... Read More

Tags
calendar app, dell, gps, streak

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Dell Streak (Mini 5)