Having an issue with my Dell Streak that I'm hoping to resolve...
About the middle of December my Dell Streak started randomly shutting down. When it shuts down, I hear/feel the vibration as it shuts down, so it appears that it thinks that the battery is dead. Even plugged into the charger it will suddenly buzz and shut down.
- No software/firmware changes recently - except the usually market automatic updates.
- The phone will show 100% charge and still shut down.
- I have two batteries. This issue is the same regardless of what battery is installed.
- I've charged the batteries while in the phone as well as in a seperate desktop charger/dock.
- I have cleared the battery stats with CM recovery.
- Battery connectors cleaned, back panel contacts checked.
- I can toss the phone around, drop it on my desk, etc, and it does not shut down.
- When the phone shuts down it usually will NOT turn back on right away, even if plugged into the charger.
- It appears to shut down much more often when in my pants pocket. Sitting on the charging dock, or my desk, it can run for many hours. In my pocket it usually shuts down after 5 minutes or so.
At this point I'm considering disassembling the phone and trying to bake it ala iphone wifi fix
to reflow the solder connections.
Before I disassemble, I am going to wipe the phone and reflash the firmware... Not sure what version I will try at this point though.