December 14th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dimension Jumping
Device(s): HTC One (S-Off),
HTC Desire (retired)
Carrier: Orange UK
Thanked 4,245 Times in 3,110 Posts
Hi gorn12, and welcome to AF,
Hmm, bit tricky to know what to do without knowing the cause. Had you had any problems prior to this (e.g. crashes)? Made any recent changes? And out of curiosity, what PVT version is it (top of hboot screen - boot while pressing the back button to see). If PVT1, see whether powering off (pull battery out) and leaving to get cool will get it booting.
A few generic things you can try:
* pull the battery out and leave it out for a few minutes. Reinsert and see whether it will boot. Might work, depending on the cause.
* Boot into recovery, clear cache and dalvik. Most likely won't fix it, but does no harm. You get into recovery from the hboot menu (see above for getting into hboot).
* If you have a recent nandroid backup, restore that. If it still doesn't work, most likely your problem isn't software. Any data since the backup was taken will be lost.
* Reflash the ROM without a wipe. Should fix it if the problem is in the ROM.
* Do a factory reset from recovery (i.e. a wipe). Should fix it if the problem is with user apps or data, but will cause data loss if your backups are not up to date.
* Wipe and flash a completely different ROM, though if none of the above works this is unlikely to.
In the last resort, run an RUU to return to stock software. If this works and you are S-Off it will be easy to re-root. Will involve data loss, and some risk of making things worse if the hardware is flaky, so I'd keep this in reserve until nothing else works.
As this involves a rooted phone I'll move to Desire All Things Root.